As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MOBA: Horrible games for horrible people.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    if it's available

Why u do this.

• Options
    Blue mapBlue map Hello darkness, my old friend. Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    if it's available

Why u do this.
    Why not?

My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Blue map wrote: »
    sarukun wrote: »
    if it's available

Why u do this.
    Why not?

Because it is awfullllllllll

I do, however, quite like "Paff-woo".

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    PAForumWangers is pretty farg level naming

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    OH SHIT TDOT'S MAKING A POST ABOUT A GAME THAT ISN'T SMITE WHAAAAAAAAAT

Orcs Must Die: Unchained just dropped a massive patch that makes sweeping changes to everything from the game's balance to its business model

https://www.orcsmustdie.com/#!/en/news/the-phase-2-patch-notes-are-now-available

servers aren't live yet though so I'll be diving back in tomorrow

Whoever thought it was a good idea to have the patcher auto-play a video and un-pause it when you alt-tab should be loaded into a cannon and shot into the sun for all our sakes.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    @ThatDudeOverThere, I am clanless and would like to be a wanger!

WITH ALL THAT IMPLIES

• Options
    Unchained feels like it's going to face the same fate as SMNC, which is a real shame since they're doing something pretty cool.

On the plus side, at least they aren't shooting themselves in the foot by panicking and adding new game modes.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    I do give them credit for treating it somewhat more like a beta than other games.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    RaveRave Registered User regular
    For you MOBA fans out there, Infinite Crisis officially launched today. They have partnered with Steam as well, if you are a fan of that. Here is the news post:
    https://www.infinitecrisis.com/en/news/infinite-crisis-has-launched

If you do sign up through Steam, they are having launch specials for their Champion packs. The starter pack has 8 champions for $10 and all 33 Champions for $30, including the just released Krypto, the super dog. (Yes, that is not a joke and he's a fun champ).

It's a fun game with a unique 2 lane main map intended for double jungling. I highly suggest giving it a try now that it has launched.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    I was going to say something snarky until I went to the site and saw that Krypto is a character

fuck

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I played Infinite Crisis' tutorial before it launched. Didn't hate it, despite still having the classic MOBA movement style. I guess I'll install it again, even if I never play against people.

Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
  • Options
    RaveRave Registered User regular
    One of his abilities is Fetch. He throws a bone and then goes and gets it. Allied champions can also throw it. What's not to love? Haven't you always wanted to play Fetch in a MOBA? I know I have

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    stop trying to make fetch happen

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    I'll probably give it another shot

my attempt to play it during the early beta really soured me on the whole thing, though

• Options
    EvilCakeEvilCake Richmond VARegistered User regular
    it still stinks

• Options
    Watching some Smite Pro League, and I just watched Cloud 9 win a game with Geb support, Athena Solo, Hades Mid, Thanatos Jungle, Xbalanque ADC.

Like, what?

• Options
    edited March 2015
    nah, all of that checks out

the only surprising part is that the other team let both Athena AND Xbalanque through

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Watching some Smite Pro League, and I just watched Cloud 9 win a game with Geb support, Athena Solo, Hades Mid, Thanatos Jungle, Xbalanque ADC.

Like, what?

They didn't just win, they crushed. It was crazy.

• Options
    knight11eknight11e Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    nah, all of that checks out

the only surprising part is that the other team let both Athena AND Xbalanque through

Xbal was theoretically nerfed this last patch to bring him in line with the other hunters. he's still mostly banned in my level of ranked conq though. I watch a lot of Barraccudda's single ranked matches on YouTube, and I frequently see both Geb and Xbal go unbanned. Athena is a bit surprising though, I will grant you that. guessing the other team took Sylvanus?

knight11e on
  • Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular

Also known as the best time to play SMITE.

I am working on diamond Xb though, so I may try regardless with the x2 worshippers...

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Hmmmm maybe I should finally get around to trying smite.

Even if I do harbor a smoldering, brooding, totally unfair dislike towards hi-rez over how Tribes Ascend went down.

• Options
    https://youtu.be/GPqSMbvlWtg

free gems weekend is both the best and worst time to play

on the one hand, free shit is great

on the other hand, increased BM because every game has something with real money value on the line, and a shitload of people who don't normally play, or don't play every gametype, flooding all of the queues at once

• Options
    They should just reduce the gems given out and make it for playing games.

Like, I'm never going to take you seriously about player toxicity if you do things to promote it for the sake of saving a few bucks.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    All-Manticore Domination

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Wow, actually got all 6 wins today, and only had 1 loss. Which was the Shorthanded MotD. Couple of close games in there, like the Arena and Assault, and couple of stomps... like Conquest.

I also got Xb mastery 8, x2 worshippers is fantastic. I've been running a slightly weird Xb build, dubbed 'the Tim Allen' or 'Toolman' or something. You start Transcendence, then finish the power boots, not AS boots, then you pick up the level 2 heavy hammer leading to Frostbound Hammer. Then you get Fatalis into Odysseus Bow. To finish up, you can either go Titan's Bane or Executioner or something, I prefer Executioner. You can also finish up your Frostbound Hammer after you finish your last item. You end up with a pretty good attack speed and unfortunately no lifesteal, and no crit, but it is extremely hard for anyone to get away from you since you have extra move speed and your shots slow the target, and you can bounce OBow charges off of minions or enemy gods in a team fight, it adds up surprisingly quickly. Paperbat is the one who was running it, I'm not sure if he came up with it or not, but he might have. It's interesting anyway.

I've run it mostly in Arena, but I ran it in all the modes today. Seemed to work pretty well in Siege and 3v3 Joust, and went fine in regular Conquest, which is where Pbat played it. The MotD was a different story however and the lack of lifesteal did kind of hurt in the first game I attempted, so in the second game I ended up picking up Asi instead of Executioner, which was ok... unfortunately the enemy Bellona had Nemean Lion and it was really god damn hard to kill her. We did finally end up winning, luckily, because I don't much like Shorthanded. I also ended up with enough gems to get Madame Blade... haven't yet grabbed it yet, but I'm tempted.

Edit: And I just realized that was my 666th win (I was at 661 after last night, but MotDs don't count in your stats.)

Dranyth on
  • Options
    https://account.hirezstudios.com/smitegame/match-details.aspx?match=145064964

I'm pretty sure "don't feed the ADC" is like, rule #1 of MOBAs, right?

• Options
    sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    https://account.hirezstudios.com/smitegame/match-details.aspx?match=145064964

I'm pretty sure "don't feed the ADC" is like, rule #1 of MOBAs, right?

Rule #2: You suck, uninstall and kill yourself.

Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
  • Options
    That's an important one, a lot of people forget that step.

• Options
    Fuuuuuuuck Joust.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    man, what is with all the connection problems in Dota these days? Feels like every pro game I've watched in the last few months has been plagued with 10+ minute pauses waiting for someone to be able to reconnect. People talk about DDOS attacks because of skype or something, what is that about?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    if you know someone's skype name you can get their IP address from skype and ddos them, skype makes no effort to hide that

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    So there's actually DDOS attacks going on? That's what's causing it? Is there like, secret underground Dota betting and people are trying to fix matches or something?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    no people just find it funny to ddos people

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    unfortunately there's really not a whole lot that can be done about DDOSing unless it's a LAN tournament

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Or not using Skype I suppose.
    Fuuuuuuuck Joust.
    1v1 or 3v3? Because I rather like 3v3.

Well, I went to a friend's house to check out Wrestlemania, didn't get back until around 10:30pm and decided to try to get my 6 wins today... It started a bit badly with two really shitty Assaults, second one the server completely exploded and I couldn't get back into the game, I was hoping it just died, but it appeared on my match history afterwards, which is crap. After that though, things were going pretty well. Got the Assault, Arena, MotD after two tries, first had an awful god make up, since it's random (by the way, did they change the MotD mid day or something? I saw posts complaining about End Game being the MotD and the games ending in like 30 seconds, but when I got on, it was Cooldowns Runneth Over.)

Then I headed into 3v3 and grabbed Xb, had a perfectly fine game against an Anhur, Neith and Zeus where I went 10-0. I queued up for Siege and picked Xb again, and the Ares on my team from the last game was in the same game, so we Xb/Ares laned again. It was a little rough going, but we ended up wiping the enemy team at the middle siege monster at around... 14 minutes or so? They almost immediately surrendered, which was weird, because the game was no where near over yet.

The Ares friended me and invited me to a party, I told him I just needed Conquest, so we did that next. I almost forgot about the first Conquest we did, we didn't get duo so I ended up having to go solo with Chaac, nothing too notable, I went against a Bakasura, died twice but wasn't really losing lane that bad. Our mid died 3 times then DC'd, so we surrendered at 10. So we queued again, intending to lane again, but another pair called it before we could, I also tried to call 'hunter' (because I refuse to bring LoL terminology into SMITE when it makes no damn sense) and the other hunter player popped into our Curse channel just as he started bitching about 'a noob calling hunter', which was an amusing faux pas on his part, but also gave us a pretty good idea of them being shitheads. I explained my stance and they continued to be dicks about the stupid thing. The only thing left was mid so I grabbed Poseidon. My mid is rusty, as is my Poseidon, but whatever. The Ares guy ended up going into the jungle with Thor. The duo picked Hercules/Rama for their lane. Sure enough, we get into the game and start doing red buff, Hercules takes it. So, I head into lane against a Scylla who has her red buff and I can't clear the first wave quick enough to get level 2, take a bunch of harass and have to go back. Needless to say, the game doesn't go very well, although I will say I had an alright recovery after such a crap start and when Scylla was 11 I was only a level behind. However I also had to deal with a lot of Bastet ganks, Sylvanus was just hanging out in mid lane quite a bit, our Bakasura lost solo lane hard to a Tyr and then Tyr started jumping into mid lane too. All while Herc and Rama are bitching. I know at one point I was 1-5, I don't recall if I ended that way or not. Anyway, the game was a disaster, although my player damage was only about 1k behind the Rama who was top. It honestly didn't matter how well I did, because nothing really went well that game, but those two shitheads definitely wouldn't shut up about it. Oh god, I almost forgot the Herc's name, which probably also explains a lot, CaptainEbolaids. So, yeah. Glad to see he lives up to his name.

So we go for another Conquest, this time we're able to get Xb/Ares again, laning against a Sylvanus/Neith, both junglers were Thanatos. Early, that game was a little more back and forth, and for some insane reason they started focusing our lane hard... at one point, I ate, Neith ult, Sylvanus ult and Thanatos ult, all to kill just me. My team was doing a good job cleaning up when all their shit was down though, our Thanatos ended up going 12-0... he was pretty good. Anyway, we went up 21-8 and the enemy surrendered, so I got the full gem amount for both days... pretty happy about that. I honestly didn't even really get salty, which I'm pleased about... I'd been getting a bit too worked up about the games lately. I forgot to check how far along I got with my Xb's worshippers, I might be around halfway to mastery 9 now, which isn't too bad anyway.

The Ares guy still needed Assault, though it was getting kind of late... we ended up getting the following: Bellona (me), Arachne (him), Mercury, AMC and Osiris. The enemy team was Ymir, Ares, Nu Wa, Poseidon and Kali.

I have hardly seen a worse compfuck than that in Assault. So, despite that ridiculousness, we actually held on for about 17 minutes, which was waaay more than I ever expected. Still no way in a million years we were ever going to win that though. We tried one more Assault and got: Artemis (me), Awilix (him), Hun Batz, Nu Wa and He Bo. Enemy team had Bacchus, Hades, Ao Kuang, Janus and Bastet.

So, that was pretty ridiculous too, and their Bacchus was fairly good. Luckily, their Hades, Bastet and Ao were pretty bad, the Janus was ok-ish but he did some really derpy things. Our He Bo was not great either, but after some back and forths, we did finally win that one. Unfortunately I guess GMT ticked over or something because my party member didn't end up getting the gems for the win. Definitely a shame... ah well.

Dranyth on
This discussion has been closed.