As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Australia, where winter is coming. And also Game of Thrones, months after everywhere else.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Not really.

We still have paper tickets available.
    Melbourne doesn't have paper any more.

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Since Pimento mentioned it the other day, infosec Taylor Swift is my new favourite thing on Twitter

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    oh please fucking yes

• Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    The Airport train here is silly. It's really expensive, but it's on an otherwise normally priced train line using standard rolling stock. In Hong Kong the airport train is also expensive, but it's a nice fancy train with seats for everyone and it's rather a long trip. In Singapore the airport is serviced by a regular commuter train on a regular commuter line, but it costs no more than the adjacent stations to use.

Basically Sydney gets screwed over because 'public' transport isn't run by the public for the public. CAPITALISM

• Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    Flay wrote: »
    OWbGbC7.jpg

Is this a one of a kind? Or is it a thing I can buy. Reverse image search turned up nada.

• Options
    KharnorKharnor Registered User regular
    That is amazing and i want one

• Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    Just found out I'll be finished with exams before this ol' PAX starts up but it's too late to do anything now :surprised:
    loooooool

• Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Tef wrote: »
    Blake T wrote: »
    When I first caught the train in Sydney from the airport on rang Ross and told him I couldn't work the ticketing machine because it told me I had to pay 14 dollars for the ticket and I was convinced i made an error.

Yeah that shit is super expensive.

On a related note, I think Perth's Smart Rider cards for public transport are pretty great. It's probably a head fuck for anyone on holiday though

There's a secret trick with Sydney Airport.

The Route 400 bus comes through it and stops at Bondi Junction, through which you can take a train to wherever.

• Options
    CyvrosCyvros Registered User regular
    pimento wrote: »
    The Airport train here is silly. It's really expensive, but it's on an otherwise normally priced train line using standard rolling stock. In Hong Kong the airport train is also expensive, but it's a nice fancy train with seats for everyone and it's rather a long trip. In Singapore the airport is serviced by a regular commuter train on a regular commuter line, but it costs no more than the adjacent stations to use.

Basically Sydney gets screwed over because 'public' transport isn't run by the public for the public. CAPITALISM

Hahahahahaha an airport train!

If only we had one of those instead of being promised one for the past 40+ years. The closest we've come is a vague, mostly unfunded promise from our current state government (as it hurtles towards an election most polls show it will easily lose). But even though the proposal is vague and unfunded (and slated for completion anywhere between 10 and 30 years from now), there's certainly been investment in advertising it:

At least there are normal buses which run to the airport (one of them even runs regularly!).

• Options
    Well, take heart, if it's anything like the beepy card systems, Perth will have one earlier and with considerably less bullshit.

Well, take heart if you're in Perth I guess.

• Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    OWbGbC7.jpg

Is this a one of a kind? Or is it a thing I can buy. Reverse image search turned up nada.

The source is a guy from imgur I think?

• Options
    OWbGbC7.jpg

The source is a guy from imgur I think?

I can make boxes.. anyone got a laser engraver?

• Options
    KincaidKincaid You're standing on my neck KuwaitRegistered User regular
    Ben spent the car ride back from the city reading out horrible puns.
    Does anyone know where his off switch is?

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    pimento wrote: »
    Well, take heart, if it's anything like the beepy card systems, Perth will have one earlier and with considerably less bullshit.

Well, take heart if you're in Perth I guess.

West Australia is Best Australia.

• Options
    If he can be switched on again afterwards that would be a lovely bonus

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    I have no off switch.

• Options
    Anzekay wrote: »
    I have no off switch.

That sounds like a challenge.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I reckon you might have a better chance at turning Anzekay on if you had a rockin' pair of boobs, Kinky.

• Options
    Finally, my time to shine

• Options
    Otherwise I'm subbing in Viv

• Options
    aerynkellyaerynkelly nothing to see here, move along Registered User regular
    slightly late to the conversation, but the public transport in Canberra uses a card system and it's really nice and easy to use.

fss_overall.png
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    aerynkelly wrote: »
    slightly late to the conversation, but the public transport in Canberra uses a card system and it's really nice and easy to use.

there's public transport in Canberra????

• Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    There's positive things in Canberra?????

• Options
    Spiced HamSpiced Ham Registered User regular
    When I first caught the train in Sydney from the airport on rang Ross and told him I couldn't work the ticketing machine because it told me I had to pay 14 dollars for the ticket and I was convinced i made an error.

$23 from Brisbane central to the airport! Still half the price of a taxi though.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    The Perth Airport-CBD shuttle is $15, which is not bad at all!

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Spiced Ham wrote: »

$23 from Brisbane central to the airport! Still half the price of a taxi though.

I'm actually getting a lift to the airport about 2 hours before I need to be there because otherwise I'd have to spend $20 on a train ticket. Fortunately I know all the passwords to the Virgin Lounge internet and you can pick it up from outside so I can browse to my hearts content while I'm there. Still though, insane price. Unfortunately I'll have to catch the train when I get home though.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    theSquid wrote: »
    There's positive things in Canberra?????

Yeah, it's also above sea level.

Take that Holland.

• Options
    when the sea levels rise and Sydney is washed away, canberra will stand alone as a beacon of bureaucracy and poorly thought out urban sprawl

• Options
    tynic wrote: »
    when the sea levels rise and Sydney is washed away, canberra will stand alone as a beacon of bureaucracy and poorly thought out urban sprawl

perth

Though I guess most of Perth will be washed away too. The only safe folks will be them what sprawled up the hills.

• Options
    aerynkellyaerynkelly nothing to see here, move along Registered User regular

I know Canberra is viewed fairly negatively, not gonna argue, but getting around is pretty easy. I enjoyed my time there.

fss_overall.png
  • Options

I know Canberra is viewed fairly negatively, not gonna argue, but getting around is pretty easy. I enjoyed my time there.

You can't say that hrumph hrumph it threatens my existing opinion based on a school trip I took there once hrumph hrumph

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    We've got the HOP card here in Auckland. It's great. Train, bus, ferry all use it. And, the fares are cheaper than if you're paying cash money as well. Works quite nicely!

• Options
    BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    We've got the HOP card here in Auckland. It's great. Train, bus, ferry all use it. And, the fares are cheaper than if you're paying cash money as well. Works quite nicely!

It's pretty great even if it was a bit more expensive than weekly passes for students

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • Options
    Now I'm jealous, we don't have a House Of Pancakes.

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    That shit is meant to be international too!

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Tef wrote: »
    That shit is meant to be international too!

Yea, what the hell Batman?!

• Options

You can't say that hrumph hrumph it threatens my existing opinion based on a school trip I took there once hrumph hrumph

Dude, I lived there for five years. As it happens, I never once caught a bus - now you can take that as a snarky indictment of the convenience and timetabling of the ACT bus services, or a ringing endorsement of the breadth of the cycle path coverage. It's up to you.

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Just finished my last assignment due before I have to leave. Just two more classes, and then I can get on a plane.

Looked up the weather for the next couple of days, and it might even be cold enough to need a jacket.

This discussion has been closed.