As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MechWarrior Online] Everyone off the servers, we're migrating this thread.

• Options
    KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    mwo_srmsareback.jpg

So... this seems to be working alright, and I don't even have Endo on it: Sweeper [ON1-VA]: 4xSRM6, 2xMLAS, AMS, AC/5, XL330, DHS, Artemis

I even died halfway through the match and still got top damage on my team. I think I'm going to convert to the One True Church of Guided And Unguided Self-Propelled Warheads.

Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
  • Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    [TIMBER WOLF-PRIME]: 2xCERML, 2xCMPL, 2xCERLL, 2xCMG, Clan XL375, DHS, Endo, Ferro I'm digging this build right now. The 2 empty slots and extra tons are for the JJ that using a -S side torso unlocks.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    The free mech bay and time might actually get me to log in, but as someone who probably hasn't played in, like, a year, I'm imagining I'll have a lot of catching up to do.

Or just join a roving Oosik murder crew if there's a spot. That'd probably make me hate humanity less than pug'ing it.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    Hmm, when are we supposed to get that mechbay, btw?

Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
  • Options
    The announcement says that the time and bay will get sent out on Friday, and might take like 5 hours to go through, so depending on time zones (yours and theirs), it might not pop up until sometime early Saturday.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    jjae2123 wrote: »
    Stabbity, what did you use for cooling?

Noctua NH-C14.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular

Noctua NH-C14.

<3 Noctua. Nice and quiet :)

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular

Noctua NH-C14.

Is that an IS or a Clan double heat sink?

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    I can't get over the weird colors on Noctua's stuff. Even though I rarely see it inside my case, it still grosses me out. Colors remind me of some kind of medical device.

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »

Noctua NH-C14.

Is that an IS or a Clan double heat sink?

Star League LosTech...enables Targeting Computers to actually give their benefits to the mech it's equipped on.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »
    I can't get over the weird colors on Noctua's stuff. Even though I rarely see it inside my case, it still grosses me out. Colors remind me of some kind of medical device.
    Like their weirdly beige fans that almost look like they're made out of Bakelite?

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Like their weirdly beige fans that almost look like they're made out of Bakelite?

If the whole thing was the color of the fan on that NH-C14, the reddish brown, I would probably be OK with it. It's the fleshlight-esque pink/tan that gives me the creeps.

• Options
    Fartacus_the_MightyFartacus_the_Mighty Brought to you by the letter A.Registered User regular
    IS and Clan mechs seem reasonably balanced, overall, for the reasons people have stated. I would posit that the Timber Wolf and Stormcrow feel like they punch substantially above their weight compared to their IS class equivalents, though.

Also, let's not forget that targeting computers aren't even working yet.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular

If the whole thing was the color of the fan on that NH-C14, the reddish brown, I would probably be OK with it. It's the fleshlight-esque pink/tan that gives me the creeps.

Eh, I think it looks alright.

6eWJjIq.jpg

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options

"Whirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    imperialparadoximperialparadox Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    It's the fleshlight-esque pink/tan that gives me the creeps.

What's so creepy about a flashlight? Lots of people have flashlights.

...wait what? Flashlight, but with an "e"?

...oh...

:cold_sweat:

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo Network ID: imperialparadox | 3DS FC: 2294-4029-6793
    XBL Gamertag: Paradox3351 | PSN: imperialparadox
  • Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    Does anyone know when the end date on the clan pack sale is? I'm debating picking something up. It's just tough because I don't want to spend that much...

Its either 90 bucks for three mechs that I think are ok. I mean I really like the Nova, Stormcrow, Madcat, and Masakari.

Is the summoner any good? How about the Nova? The alternative is to pay 100 bucks for the timber wolf and storm crow. I hear great things about both.

• Options
    I sort of wish that I would have only bought up to the Nova instead of the Summoner, and instead just bought the Timber Wolf a la carte. The Summoner seems rather limited in builds when compared to the Timber Wolf. I'm probably going to end up buying the Timber Wolf separately, and I might bump my package up to the Dire Wolf, because the god of dakka sounds hilarious even though I'm an awful assault pilot.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Hey look, scientists finally figured out how to make Endo Steel. Without the zero-G facilities, even! :P

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    that is fucking awesome. that's like on the order of figuring out how to fabricate aluminum instead of using sheet steel.
    I mean jesus, just imagine body armor! the steel plates are so fucking heavy and if you can get way with using latticed aerogel instead?! that's at least 10 pounds of load taken off of a soldier for the same protection. The icing on the cake would be if it could be made flexible as well.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    We've already got rudimentary myomer if we get creative with shape-memory alloys so fuck it, let's build some mechs!

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Ok, so, gross. Apparently, jump-jetting dual-PPC+Gauss Timber Wolf builds are a thing now. Sigh.

Well, at least we went a whole day without the meta getting filthy.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    Nips wrote: »
    Ok, so, gross. Apparently, jump-jetting dual-PPC+Gauss Timber Wolf builds are a thing now. Sigh.

Best way to counter the dual-PPC+Gauss Timber Wolf...

...dual-PPC + dual-Gauss. Beat 'em by out-gaussing them :P

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Edit: Actually, wait, how the fuck are they fitting that in?

Mvrck on
  • Options
    HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    Except TimberWolfs seem to have hitbox issues currently where fire is magically disappearing into the aether.

http://www.reddit.com/r/OutreachHPG/comments/28jrxt/anyone_else_notice_weird_hitreg_issues_with_the/

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    Nips wrote: »

Depending on how the JJ heat thing goes those Mad Cats are gonna catch fire from all their PPC heat once that nerf goes through.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Apparently I have 121 days of premium time available.

Um...sure!

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    Yeah sorry but...this?
    Sniper [TIMBER WOLF-S]: 2xCERPPC, CGauss, Clan XL375, DHS, Endo, Ferro

That doesn't scare me any more than a 3D doing the same thing. Look at the freaking heat on that thing, and it has no arm tracking at all.

• Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Also, SRMs are an option now.

So.

SPLAT.

• Options
    jjae2123jjae2123 Registered User regular
    According to that thread, dire wolves, Timberwolves and stormcrows all have an issue with hit regs.

• Options
    HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    According to that thread, dire wolves, Timberwolves and stormcrows all have an issue with hit regs.

i would believe the stormcrow does. i would take a ton of fire and hardly lose armor some times.

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Hmmm, Clan packs. So tempting, but I should probably get back into playing this first...

I was running an Atlas and a Jenner back when I was playing with everyone, what would be recommended to build to jump into things without fucking up everything for myself for a while?

Have JR7-D, JR7-F, JR7-K, AS7-D, AS7-K. And 14.5k MC / 10.8 mil credits.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    jjae2123jjae2123 Registered User regular
    DDC needs to happen for you

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    you can't quite buy and kit out a ddc for ten million, but yeah that'd be where I'd go next if you like driving atlas anyway

in the meantime you can have a lot of fun driving around IS lights, since clans have introduced a lot of mechs that are way slower than you

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    @Infidel‌

Jenners are still really solid. My favorite is as many small Pulse Lasers as you can fit, a 360XL, and SRMs (was streaks until recently); JJs, DHS, etc. Go find something big and slow and cut it to pieces with the SPLS.

• Options
    @Infidel‌

Jenners are still really solid. My favorite is as many small Pulse Lasers as you can fit, a 360XL, and SRMs (was streaks until recently); JJs, DHS, etc. Go find something big and slow and cut it to pieces with the SPLS.

This man speaks the truth.

I'd say it's easier to get in with the Jenner, because it's still competitive, but piloting the Atlas will just show you how many assaults have jump jets now. Not that the Atlas isn't doable, but it might be a rough chassis to get your feet wet with again.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Finalizing Patch! Hooray!

21/59.

.... hrm, might actually be a race to see if I can get in before the Friday cutoff.

Not really, but this is going to take a while.

• Options
    @Infidel‌

Isn't that kinda hard to do? Aren't they capped at 300 engine rating?

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    yes

the 6x SPla build is a lot of fun though, I've been doing basically that on my firestarter

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    XantomasXantomas Registered User regular
    DDC Reaper build is back with a vengeance these days.