As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wii U] THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE.

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    I bought the extra controller specifically in preparation for SSB. :p

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    I'm glad I kept all of my Wavebirds.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    Speaking of the Pro controller, I'm picking up Wonderful 101 and wondering if I should play with the Pad or the Pro. Any thought?

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    KriegaffeKriegaffe Registered User regular
    Fig-D wrote: »
    Speaking of the Pro controller, I'm picking up Wonderful 101 and wondering if I should play with the Pad or the Pro. Any thought?

I'd use the GamePad. There are dual screen / motion controlled sections designed specifically for the GamePad.

I've head the game allows Pro-only play using picture-in-picture and non-motion controls. It t seems an awkward way to go to me. Also, many people find those sections difficult/frustrating enough played the way it was designed with the GamePad.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    I still have a couple of my old gamecube pads, thankfully. This plus getting the supposed pack that will come with one should be enough.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    Yeah, even in the demo for W101 there is a part where the action splits between the screens.

Speaking of controller options, I love how I can pick anything for Mario 3D World. Gamepad? Great. Wiimote? Just as great.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Hrm, debating hard on preordering Hyrule Warriors. It's getting pretty decent reviews so far, given that it's primarily yet another Dynasty Warriors game.

Does it have online multiplayer or anything?

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    Sadly, Hyrule Warriors does not have online multiplayer.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    regarding pro controllers, i have the nyko and i actually enjoy it quite a bit
    http://www.amazon.com/Pro-Commander-Wii-U-Nintendo/dp/B00ANHBJBY

the triggers are a little mushy but it works very well for the price!

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Fig-D wrote: »

If you use the pad, do not try to draw the unite morphs on the pad. Practice making them with the right analog stick and treat them like motions for fighting game special attacks.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    So Bayonetta's getting another costume

cost.png

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    That is awesome.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    What, no overalls? 1/10 would not buy

I don't actually see her wearing the hat in that screenshot, so... is the chain chomp a separate thing?

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    The hat has a little B on it...

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Chain Chomp is getting some big exposure this gen.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    So I heard some folks are calling foul on Bayonetta 2 because... the frame rate dips occasionally, and not even in an unplayable way?

Y'know, I don't think Digital Foundry are necessarily bad or anything, but the fact that people seeking to justify their console war bullshit read them and then flail around screaming opinions is irritating as hell. I mean, no one who's played the game said anything about frame rate affecting the gameplay adversely, but now that we have a number and it doesn't always hit 60, it's bad now?

Every time I wonder why I quit reading most gaming news, I get a good reminder.

edzepp on
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edzepp wrote: »
    So I heard some folks are calling foul on Bayonetta 2 because... the frame rate dips occasionally, and not even in an unplayable way?

Y'know, I don't think Digital Foundry are necessarily bad or anything, but the fact that people seeking to justify their console war bullshit read them and then flail around screaming opinions is irritating as hell. I mean, no one who's played the game said anything about frame rate affecting the gameplay adversely, but now that we have a number and it doesn't always hit 60, it's bad now?

Every time I wonder why I quit reading most gaming news, I get a good reminder.

Yeah, and people are the same way about Hyrule Warriors. "Sometimes there's slowdown and the framerate gets bad in multiplayer." Well...so what? Does it really matter all that much? I think some of the most fun of my life has been had at sub-30 FPS on various older consoles. Really, 15 FPS is playable. I don't need pretty, I need gameplay. I don't understand the mindset that throws a fit at anything that's occasionally less than 30 or 60.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    I really hate the current fascination with frames per second.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    I would understand it more if the game was repeatedly crashing between 30 and 60 and sub-30 (That IS annoying), but that doesn't even look like it's the case, and the DF guys praised the game otherwise, so... why even bother?

It's not even a Nintendo thing, it's flipping everywhere in gaming. Maybe I need to go back to not caring.

• Options
    Emperor_ZEmperor_Z Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    I really hate the current fascination with frames per second.

With it becoming too expensive to create graphical assets of increasingly high quality, performance is becoming the new metric by which fanboys will conduct their technical dick-measuring contests

• Options
    darren66darren66 Registered User regular
    I hate frame rate drops. Keep it steady above 30fps and I'm happy. I don't need headache inducing strobe light show.

Wii U sucks, but my NNID is da66en. Steam is route66. 3DS is 2938-8099-8160.
    Neo Geo Big Red owners club.
    2009 PAX Puzzle Quest Champion
    I have beat Rygar on the NES and many of you have not.
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Well.

I finished W101. That sure was an ending. And probably the record for the longest attack name in the history of media, which has to be worth a prize.

I have to say, the second half was noticeably easier than the first half, since you finally have all the options available to you instead of having to make do but the enemies don't become all that much harder. Still, this thing was ridiculous, in the best way, and I was laughing the entire time. So great.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Best Buy currently has ZombiU, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge, and Call of Duty: Black Ops II all for $7.99 each.

If you don't have ZombiU, for Christ's sake buy ZombiU. You won't regret it.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Best Buy currently has ZombiU, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge, and Call of Duty: Black Ops II all for $7.99 each.

Anyone know if NG3 is worth playing? Metacritic says probably not, but I loved NG 1 and 2, and it'd be a good warmup for Bayo 2...

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Oh man that's tempting.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Razor's Edge is an improved version of the original NG3. I really liked it, though it's it's still a bit of a step down from the others. For $8 it's worth it.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    With Bayonetta right around the corner ready to satisfy that stylish-character-action itch, I'd have a hard time recommending NG3 with any improvements at any price.

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote: »

Anyone know if NG3 is worth playing? Metacritic says probably not, but I loved NG 1 and 2, and it'd be a good warmup for Bayo 2...

I've heard it is the best version of NG3 available, which isn't saying much, but that it's much closer to the things that made the first two good than its original release state.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Dirty wrote: »
    With Bayonetta right around the corner ready to satisfy that stylish-character-action itch, I'd have a hard time recommending NG3 with any improvements at any price.

This is true. Especially since you get both Bayonetta games.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Whatever happened to that rumor about a remastered game coming to the U?

• Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Currently cleaning out my room and throwing out some old stuff.

Are Nintendo Power issues from the DS/Wii era of value to anyone?

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    darren66 wrote: »

Which game was that?

• Options

Which game was that?

There was never a specific game mentioned, it was just a rumor of a Nintendo game. There hasn't been anything since the original rumor.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=125401442&postcount=1

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Oh.

I wonder if Nintendo saved any other kinda-dead third-party games we don't know about. We have Bayonetta 2, Devil's Third (Not that it seems terribly good), and what else I wonder?

edzepp on
  • Options
    Oh.

I wonder if Nintendo saved any other kinda-dead third-party games we don't know about. We have Bayonetta 2, Devil's Third (Not that it seems terribly good), and what else I wonder?

Nothing, all their cards are on the table. If they would have had something to announce, they would have done it already to help give the U any momentum.

• Options
    I also wonder what the hell's been going on with that SMT x Fire Emblem game. We saw one teaser and it's been radio silence ever since.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Oh.

Nothing, all their cards are on the table. If they would have had something to announce, they would have done it already to help give the U any momentum.

If we were talking about any other company, that'd probably true. Nintendo, however, is (in)famous for holding their hand close and only announcing things when the design is pretty well set in stone, or relatively close to release (compared to most industry announcements).

Granted, this isn't always true, but assuming whatever game it is, is just a remaster it's not something they think will sell systems on its own, so don't feel the need to make a big announcement until what they deem to be a good time to drop an 'oh by the way, this is out now' thing they've done before.

On the other hand, the rumor could have just been straight up wrong.

But...for the sake of speculation, how about a HD version of Xenoblade that has cross play/save functionality with the n3DS version?

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    JishianJishian ◥▶◀◤ Registered User regular

I've heard it is the best version of NG3 available, which isn't saying much, but that it's much closer to the things that made the first two good than its original release state.

It was pretty decent. I played up until I hit a game-halting glitch and wasn't invested enough to start that level over.

It had a "feature" where you could shake the gamepad and the boobs of female characters would jiggle.

It's worth picking up at $7.99. I originally got it as my free game during one of Target's buy 2 get 1 free deals.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Jishian wrote: »

It was pretty decent. I played up until I hit a game-halting glitch and wasn't invested enough to start that level over.

It had a "feature" where you could shake the gamepad and the boobs of female characters would jiggle.

It's worth picking up at $7.99. I originally got it as my free game during one of Target's buy 2 get 1 free deals.

Wasn't that a "feaure" way back when NG games came out on the PS3?

• Options
    I also wonder what the hell's been going on with that SMT x Fire Emblem game. We saw one teaser and it's been radio silence ever since.

They mentioned during E3 that it was still in development.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA