As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wii U] THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    I like season passes when I know the content that's coming out for them. It seems Nintendo has laid out what they are going to do with their DLC and told you the of cost each separately. I'm okay with knowing that I'll get X amount of content (costumes, characters, etc) for my dollar.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I thought Wii Music was the worst thing Nintendo has done in a long time.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    I like season passes when I know the content that's coming out for them. It seems Nintendo has laid out what they are going to do with their DLC and told you the of cost each separately. I'm okay with knowing that I'll get X amount of content (costumes, characters, etc) for my dollar.

Especially when it's a nice amount of content, like the MK8 season pass.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    darren66 wrote: »

And I would say the Wii U is the worst thing Nintendo has done in a long time.

Youy either have a very bad memory or are extremely young.

like three.

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Next Month is WiiU month on the budget. Also budgeted: Mario Kart 8, Bayonetta 2, and Hyrule Warriors. This will be the first time Nintendo has sold me a non-handheld game system that didn't have both a Legend of Zelda game and a Metroid game available at the time of purchase. Bayonetta is enough of a big deal to become a new "must buy" exclusive for me, I guess.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    skeldare wrote: »

Especially when it's a nice amount of content, like the MK8 season pass.

Not only that but when companies sell the pass and say "+ Future 4 DLC" or whatever but have absolutely no additional information then it doesn't really inspire any hope for me.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular

Yeah I really like the way Nintendo has been handling it thus far

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    I'm far from a big fan of the direction Nintendo has gone in the last decade, but one thing you can't really accuse them of is unfair microtransactions or DLC bull crap. That first party game is going to stay $60 for an unreasonable amount of time, but it will always, in fact, be a full product through and through.

• Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    i don't remember all the details of the borderlands season pass but it seemed pretty worth it. the mario kart seems good (especially since you know in advance what you are getting exactly and what buying it later/separate would cost). Season passes seem good to me, it's a way for a company to keep adding value to a game that extends its life and makes the companies investment more worthwhile. I think as season passes become more acceptable and proliferate, cost of game development "could" go down as costs could be expensed over a longer life.

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Dollars to doughnuts they're a sock-puppet account for someone who got banned for basically just doing that as well. I wish I could remember the name, since I've seen that person posting the exact same thing on other forums.
    I remember someone popping up about 6 months ago asking "Do you guys think Nintendo should go third party?" in multiple threads.

VGAddict, he was fun.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Hmm, the amiibos are billed as having Mario Kart interaction. Does that mean I get to play as Samus and Fox in it? I wonder if they would have to keep adding content to it with each wave of amiibos.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Talith wrote: »
    Hmm, the amiibos are billed as having Mario Kart interaction. Does that mean I get to play as Samus and Fox in it? I wonder if they would have to keep adding content to it with each wave of amiibos.

They confirmed that Amiibo functionality will come to Mario Kart 8 at E3. Though no other details were made.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    darren66 wrote: »
    So my opinion doesn't matter?
    I thought you were responding to them.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Unlikely but I hope Mario Kart amiibos are working toy karts you can play with.

• Options
    Pailryder wrote: »
    i don't remember all the details of the borderlands season pass but it seemed pretty worth it. the mario kart seems good (especially since you know in advance what you are getting exactly and what buying it later/separate would cost). Season passes seem good to me, it's a way for a company to keep adding value to a game that extends its life and makes the companies investment more worthwhile. I think as season passes become more acceptable and proliferate, cost of game development "could" go down as costs could be expensed over a longer life.

I think that BL2 basically said "4 Future DLC, including <DLC 1 info>" but released no other information. I didn't really like that. I prefer that they tell me which 4 DLCs I'm getting myself into and what is included with them.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular

I think that BL2 basically said "4 Future DLC, including <DLC 1 info>" but released no other information. I didn't really like that. I prefer that they tell me which 4 DLCs I'm getting myself into and what is included with them.

Yeah Nintendo just flat out told us when each content pack is coming out, everything in them in general, and what each one will cost and the game isn't even out in the US for another week.

I'll probably be buying a season pass because everything on that list is something I'd buy anyway.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    I'm buying it for the playable Tingle alone.

therewillbeaplayabletingletherewillbeaplayabletingletherewillbeaplayabletingle

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    I'm buying it for the playable Tingle alone.

therewillbeaplayabletingletherewillbeaplayabletingletherewillbeaplayabletingle

Tingle is only available if it detects a save file for WWHD.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    EDIT: Goddamn it Pink, I thought that was real.

Viskod on
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    It's too bad Nintendo couldn't have done a set of indie carts to encourage eShop sales. It would have been a great cross promotion. Like "Buy Giana Sisters, Steamworld Dig, Shovel Knight or Toki Tori and unlock them in Mario Kart".

• Options
    Viskod wrote: »
    EDIT: Goddamn it Pink, I thought that was real.

IT IS REAL GODDAMN IT

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    It's too bad Nintendo couldn't have done a set of indie carts to encourage eShop sales. It would have been a great cross promotion. Like "Buy Giana Sisters, Steamworld Dig, Shovel Knight or Toki Tori and unlock them in Mario Kart".

I don't really want any of those in Mario Kart.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Emperor_ZEmperor_Z Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »

I'd accept Shovel Knight

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Emperor_Z wrote: »
    Maz- wrote: »

I'd accept Shovel Bike

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    When it goes in the water the rotor is of course a shovel.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    Venture IndustryVenture Industry Registered User regular

Technically you could have waited to find out what the four DLC were and then bought the pass. Of course the downside was you'd have had to wait almost a year to get all the content/savings.

But I agree with you at least give me an idea of what the content is going to be before I drop $20/30 on it.

3DS: 3866-8020-5336 NNID/PSN: VentureIndustry XBL: Hax0rz
  • Options

Technically you could have waited to find out what the four DLC were and then bought the pass. Of course the downside was you'd have had to wait almost a year to get all the content/savings.

But I agree with you at least give me an idea of what the content is going to be before I drop $20/30 on it.

I know, technically, I could have (and did! Bought it for $5) but the thing that bothers me about it is that we're buying it on the promise that the DLC will come out and it will be good. Absolutely no other information available. That kind of stuff doesn't sit well with me.

This is all just my opinion though.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Huh, weird. Fixed my GamePad by unplugging it from the socket and plugging it in somewhere else.

Electronics, how do they work?

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Huh, weird. Fixed my GamePad by unplugging it from the socket and plugging it in somewhere else.

Witchcraft

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Ugh... Bayonetta 2's out in Japan.

The wait is killing me...

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular

Psh, I hear the game dips to 58fps a few times.

pass.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    edzeppedzepp Registered User regular

pass.

Yeah, I've heard that the frame rate is sometimes just totally playable, not transcendent. 1/10 would not buy/bang.

• Options
    edited September 2014

pass.

It dips down to 30 but mostly hovers in the low 40s.

Not that I give a shit. After watching a stream of the last couple chapters I'm amazed the Wii U could run it without melting.

Viskod on
  • Options
    It occasionally gets up to more than 50, but yeah, as long as it doesn't hurt gameplay no one should be so bothered.

• Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular

I assume it was plugged in the whole time it was not working? It's a thing that happens with electronics. I forget the exact explanation but the fix is always to unplug it for a few seconds and then plug it back in. Not super common but something to keep in mind if it happens with something else. It has to do with retaining a charge or something something.

• Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    Aww man, Nintendo are stealing my frames. I bet they sell us them back as DLC.

(I too can't wait for Bayonetta, especially being I haven't played the first. Does the first just come with the limited edition or every copy?)

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    Buying a standard physical copy, at least in the US, will get you both games right out of the box. Physical discs for each game, I believe. Don't remember how Europe works.

They are priced separately on the eShop, but if you buy both games you get a discount so the total price comes out to 60 dollars anyway. And based on YouTube comments on the Bayonetta Direct, no one seemed to understand that at all.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I thought you got a DL code for the first game in the box. And Europe gets both discs in the limited edition.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Ugh, are we still not clear on how they're doing it? Dammit, Nintendo.

Point is, you get Bayonetta 1 with 2.

• Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    Any deals with eshop cards this week?

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills