As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wii U] THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE.

• Options
    JishianJishian ◥▶◀◤ Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Jishian wrote: »
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    Best Buy currently has ZombiU, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge, and Call of Duty: Black Ops II all for $7.99 each.

If you don't have ZombiU, for Christ's sake buy ZombiU. You won't regret it.

Anyone know if NG3 is worth playing? Metacritic says probably not, but I loved NG 1 and 2, and it'd be a good warmup for Bayo 2...

I've heard it is the best version of NG3 available, which isn't saying much, but that it's much closer to the things that made the first two good than its original release state.

It was pretty decent. I played up until I hit a game-halting glitch and wasn't invested enough to start that level over.

It had a "feature" where you could shake the gamepad and the boobs of female characters would jiggle.

It's worth picking up at $7.99. I originally got it as my free game during one of Target's buy 2 get 1 free deals.

Wasn't that a "feaure" way back when NG games came out on the PS3?

The only other newer NG game I played was on the original xbox so I couldn't tell ya!

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    MblackwellMblackwell Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    edzepp wrote: »
    Oh.

I wonder if Nintendo saved any other kinda-dead third-party games we don't know about. We have Bayonetta 2, Devil's Third (Not that it seems terribly good), and what else I wonder?

http://www.valhallagamestudios.com/en/2014/09/thought-2014-09.html
    Q4. Skinhead guy was featured in the trailer. Is he going to be a protagonist?

TI: Yeah, his name's Ivan, and he's the protagonist of the game. I've been making this game together with Mr. Yamagami of Nintendo for a while now, and one day he came to me with this really burning intensity. He asked me, "Why aren't you showing off the Valhalla spirit?! Why don't you really show what Japanese developers can do?!" So I asked him, "Can we get away with that? Can we push it that far?!" He replied, "Of course! Otherwise what's the point of us working together?!" His words really lit a fire under us, leading to the creation of Ivan, the protagonist, and the in-game music.
    His words were really inspiring to me. And I have my own take on ninja - I told myself, "Alright, let's do this!!"

But remember that what was shown in the trailer is only just one small part - we've poured our identity into every part of this game. Since E3, we've made major improvements in every area, from graphics to animations to playability. I know there will be some reactions like "what the hell is this?" But for now, we'll just keep charging straight ahead!
    [emphasis mine]

Mblackwell on
    Music: The Rejected Applications | Nintendo Network ID: Mblackwell

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Huh. Internet was out for a while, so I sat down and started work on Black Flag which I got for like a tenner.

And my game pad won't turn on. Rest of the console works fine other than that.

And for some reason there are no voice over in Black Flag during cut scenes, only during regular gameplay. Which gets weird.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    skeldare wrote: »
    Between this and the Layton/Wright crossover game, I am completely on board with more weird stuff like this.

Persona/Earthbound, please.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Just tried to put in a pre-order for Hyrule Warriors but Best Buy's site swallowed three of the four gift cards I was using. Urk. Here's hoping I can get it fixed in time to get the pre-order bonus.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    Bobkins, that Rayman avatar is really throwing me off.

• Options
    RegretRegret Registered User regular
    I am disappointed in the direction Nintendo has sanctioned with what is being done with Hyrule Warriors and the anti-consumer practices that have resulted in what the publisher has in store for this game.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Yeah I fucking hate being consumed by an avalanche of awesome content at really reasonable prices.

• Options
    I fucking cringed when I saw Nintendo utter the word "season pass."

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Regret wrote: »
    I am disappointed in the direction Nintendo has sanctioned with what is being done with Hyrule Warriors and the anti-consumer practices that have resulted in what the publisher has in store for this game.

Is this some kind of elaborate joke post?

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »

Regret seems to dislike Nintendo. He/She has only made like 8 posts and they've all been kind of Nintendo trolling. Also, just did a "Hey folks, Shiggy's gonna die soon" thread in SE.

• Options

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/08/30/fantasy-life-day-one-dlc-is-actually-content-cut-from-the-main-game/ This was the worst thing I have seen Nintendo do by far in a long time.

• Options
    If your entire shtick, as your posting history strongly suggests, is to troll people that like Nintendo products, then you can go elsewhere.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    I have made reasoned comments that are not inflammatory in any way. Why are you attacking me personally? I am not here to talk about me.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Maz- wrote: »

Regret seems to dislike Nintendo. He/She has only made like 8 posts and they've all been kind of Nintendo trolling. Also, just did a "Hey folks, Shiggy's gonna die soon" thread in SE.

Dollars to doughnuts they're a sock-puppet account for someone who got banned for basically just doing that as well. I wish I could remember the name, since I've seen that person posting the exact same thing on other forums.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    We're attacking you personally because you're a silly goose.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular

What's wrong with them? Don't they usually offer you a chance to buy all of the inevitable DLC at once, at a discounted price?

• Options
    I'm being demonized. For expressing disappointment in Nintendo. In a reasoned, non-inflammatory tone. Just keep that in mind.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    [

They used it for Mario kart too. Its dumb terminology but at least you get active bonuses when you buy one.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Yeah I'm going with troll account as well...

Edit: And Mario Golf has a season pass too. I think it's just Nintendo latching on to the terminology to describe buying all the packs at once. It's technically correct, tho it does seem weird for non-FPS games...

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    God dammit. I see several recent posts and thought something important happened.

And it's shit like this...

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Viskod wrote: »

What's wrong with them? Don't they usually offer you a chance to buy all of the inevitable DLC at once, at a discounted price?

Usually I avoid season passes because I rarely have time to finish a single player game, let alone want to revisit it for more missions. However, the season passes on Mario Kart and Mario Golf are great ideas because they are just more characters or courses rather than hours of gameplay to push through. Also, I love the bonuses Nintendo is giving for buying them.

• Options
    I'm being demonized. For expressing disappointment in Nintendo. In a reasoned, non-inflammatory tone. Just keep that in mind.

Hes a mod boss. Your tones intent is up to him.

• Options
    You literally posted a thread in SE++ saying "Miyamoto will die within your lifetime." That's trolling, you clod.

There's being critical of Nintendo, and there's being a troll. Shape up or ship out.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Also, this isn't up for debate, by Regret or anyone else in this thread. If you keep up this behavior, then I'm kicking you from the thread. It's as simple as that.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/08/30/fantasy-life-day-one-dlc-is-actually-content-cut-from-the-main-game/ This was the worst thing I have seen Nintendo do by far in a long time.

Fantasy Life was released twice. The second release added all the new stuff mentioned in that article. So fans in Japan who bought the original had to buy it again or buy the DLC to get that functionality.

So our situation is not very different at all than how it was original released.

Can't fault Nintendo for figuring out ways to get people to keep their games and systems by extending the life of their games with DLC.

• Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    I remember someone popping up about 6 months ago asking "Do you guys think Nintendo should go third party?" in multiple threads.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    You literally posted a thread in SE++ saying "Miyamoto will die within your lifetime." That's trolling, you clod.

There's being critical of Nintendo, and there's being a troll. Shape up or ship out.

That's SE. We are in Games and Technology. I didn't post that in Games and Technology because SE is a different forum with a different feel. It's a chat forum. It's irrelevant. There is absolutely no reason for you to be bringing things that are posted in that forum with intent to criticize me particularly if it's a harmless and irrelevant topic. Since it bears repeating I will say it again. I'm being demonized. For expressing disappointment in Nintendo. In a reasoned, non-inflammatory tone. Can you please stop?

• Options
    So guys will Hyrule warriors be in the eshop after midnight or will it be availble later that day like around noon?

• Options
    Geth, kick @Regret from the thread

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Bobkins Flymo. @Regret banned from this thread.

• Options
    So guys will Hyrule warriors be in the eshop after midnight or will it be availble later that day like around noon?

Midnight Eastern time since it's a first party game.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    I think I am going to finally transfer my Wii data to the Wii U this weekend. Is there anything I need to be aware of before I go ahead with this?

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    Hey people: calling someone a troll is an edict violation, even if they're acting like a dick. This time he actually was a troll, but that's not always the case. Let us handle that sort of stuff and, instead of calling them a troll, just report their posts.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    darren66darren66 Registered User regular

This has been argued, ad naseum, for years as Nintendo isn't the first one to do something like this. At this point there's no point in bringing it up as we've already argued about it and have gotten over it, years ago.

And I would say the Wii U is the worst thing Nintendo has done in a long time.

Wii U sucks, but my NNID is da66en. Steam is route66. 3DS is 2938-8099-8160.
    Neo Geo Big Red owners club.
    2009 PAX Puzzle Quest Champion
    I have beat Rygar on the NES and many of you have not.
  • Options
    You are talking to a banned person.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    darren66darren66 Registered User regular
    So my opinion doesn't matter?

Wii U sucks, but my NNID is da66en. Steam is route66. 3DS is 2938-8099-8160.
    Neo Geo Big Red owners club.
    2009 PAX Puzzle Quest Champion
    I have beat Rygar on the NES and many of you have not.
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    ?