As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Turnabout Webcomics

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    The dreadful, red hot American justice shoved down the throats of committee criminals.

Titties, swole stomachs, EAGLES!

@RoyceSraphim‌_ebook

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Adus wrote: »
    goddamn does Kurtz really do one strip a day? gotta admire that sort of dedication.

It's still a lot more reliable than most, but not quite every day; there were only 18 strips in June, 19 in May, 18 in April. It's consistent, but it's not quite every weekday. Also, it's not Kurtz, it's Dylan Meconis writing it some(all?) of the time, and she's been doing the art for the last few strips, too.

Then what is Kurtz doing now?

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Royce are you feeling all right? That post was pretty strange

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    goddamn does Kurtz really do one strip a day? gotta admire that sort of dedication.

It's still a lot more reliable than most, but not quite every day; there were only 18 strips in June, 19 in May, 18 in April. It's consistent, but it's not quite every weekday. Also, it's not Kurtz, it's Dylan Meconis writing it some(all?) of the time, and she's been doing the art for the last few strips, too.

Isn't Kurtz writing Trenches?

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Stilts wrote: »

Was that sarcasm? (seriously asking, I can't tell)

Cambiata on
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »

if you look closely almost every royce post has something like that in it, but sometimes they also include a webcomic

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Cambiata wrote: »

No, it wasn't.

Like, I know they've changed artists a few times, but I thought the reason for Kurtz getting another dude to help him with PvP was because he was writing Trenches.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Wyborn wrote: »

if you look closely almost every royce post has something like that in it, but sometimes they also include a webcomic
    yeah everything seems in order here

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular

No, it wasn't.

Like, I know they've changed artists a few times, but I thought the reason for Kurtz getting another dude to help him with PvP was because he was writing Trenches.

Ty Halley has been writing the Trenches for a while. He also is the sole artist at this point I think, since Monica got too busy to do the art.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    kurtz is living his dream of being jim davis with a stable of younger artists doing all his strips for him

• Options
    tsplittertsplitter Registered User regular
    Is he still doing Table Titans then?

FqmsaJ6.png
  • Options

No, it wasn't.

Ty Halley has been writing the Trenches for a while. He also is the sole artist at this point I think, since Monica got too busy to do the art.

Oh, huh.

For some reason I thought Ty was just doing art.

Also, I probably should have googled Kurtz at the very start, since wikipedia just now reminded me that Table Titans exist, and he's doing all that himself.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    tsplitter wrote: »
    Is he still doing Table Titans then?

Yep.

Updates 2 days a week, and the RSS feed indicates the last one was posted two days ago.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    *Snarky comment about Kurtz deleted so that the mods don't murder me*

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Hey guys, just wanted to say the ladder/stepladder joke is the funniest thing ever to me for no real discernible reason.

And I hope it doesn't actually make any more sense in Japanese. I hope it's not even a pun.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    I've played all the games and somehow have missed that they were ever doing A Thing

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    I think Kurtz is mostly doing Table Titans these days, and as mentioned has farmed out a lot of his other properties to other people so he can get on with building an empire or something(? honestly I'm just guessing but like someone else mentioned, Kurtz admires Jim Davis a lot, and Jim Davis sure has himself an empire).

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I was referring to the Dreadful's 4th of July comic, which you will find makes even less sense than my last post.

Also, the drilling device I spent several hours using has left my right hand and several brain cells callused after striking a nail with the bit stopped the drill but not the motor, and sent me flying off my feet. My pride was wounded, as was my command of the english language.

Bah-weep-graaaaagnah wheep nini bong

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I think Kurtz is mostly doing Table Titans these days, and as mentioned has farmed out a lot of his other properties to other people so he can get on with building an empire or something(? honestly I'm just guessing but like someone else mentioned, Kurtz admires Jim Davis a lot, and Jim Davis sure has himself an empire).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwIyClDuBgo

(I ain't comparin' no one to Mr White, just postin' relevant videos is all, luv)

HugmasterGeneral on
  • Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    Scott is working with Dylan Meconis of family man on PvP. She usually helps in writing. This week she guested in for art. I think it's a great combo.
    I think it's pretty clear Scott is using Table Titans to level up his art, and it shows. I think the story is kind of dragging right now, but that's because I much prefer the over the table dramatics as opposed to the in-game stuff.

Either way it's been a good strip.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    3VFJHca.png

webcomics PSA from the NSFW http://www.ma3comic.com/

Brolo on
  • Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    when does he turn back from Stefan Urquelle

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Guys I tried calling the number and I don't think it's real.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Seriously wrote: »
    that reminds me

I was thinking of all these reboots

has there ever been a deboot

just, oh shit it was way better before

and then michael keaton is batman again

EDIT: also I was expecting that comic to end with batman pulling out a gun and shooting him

and then turning to the camera

what

@Seriously‌ Let me tell you about the Legion of Superheroes.

In 1994, DC rebooted their long-running series Legion of Superheroes, about a team of teenage heroes in the far future. Later in 2007, DC got rid of the new Legion and brought back the classic Legion, an event sometimes referred to as the "deboot Legion".

Read more here: http://comicsalliance.com/dc-comics-reboot-history/

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Seriously wrote: »
    that reminds me

I was thinking of all these reboots

has there ever been a deboot

just, oh shit it was way better before

and then michael keaton is batman again

EDIT: also I was expecting that comic to end with batman pulling out a gun and shooting him

and then turning to the camera

what

@Seriously‌ Let me tell you about the Legion of Superheroes.

In 1994, DC rebooted their long-running series Legion of Superheroes, about a team of teenage heroes in the far future. Later in 2007, DC got rid of the new Legion and brought back the classic Legion, an event sometimes referred to as the "deboot Legion".

Read more here: http://comicsalliance.com/dc-comics-reboot-history/

Wow, I forgot Flashpoint came so quickly after 52.

DC makes the Transformers continuity seem sane ( pretends kiss players involved KISS working with the autobots to save Detroit).

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Transformers continuity is really only a mess if you're looking at Japan's continuity.

The US likes to keep discreet separate timelines. The Japanese insist on making everything connect somehow.

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    how much money do you think the big archime book of sex tips would make

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    It wouldn't be as helpful as it could be without showing any dicks in it though.

• Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    PICK UP THE PHONE, GARY

TEACH ME YOUR SECRETS

• Options
  • Options
    Why is he called The One Electronic by other machines?

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Why is he called The One Electronic by other machines?

Maybe they're mechanical or steam driven machines?

• Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Just now noticed that TOE's speech bubbles are rectangular with a straight tail, while the other robots have a lightning-bolt tail.

Garthor on
  • Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    how much money do you think the big archime book of sex tips would make

all of it

vEaRQgH.png
  • Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    hello is this the bank

yes

yes, all of my money. don't leave any of it in there.

exchange it for internet sex advice. why do you ask?

• Options
    I always thought he was called The One Electronic because he was the only Machine Man most people on Overside ever saw.

• Options
    Kc9UKVI.png
    8eMl7kq.png

PS238 has an archive 1500 pages deep and is pretty excellent for all of it.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    2014-07-13-dream.png

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    ps238 has a webcomic too? Shiiiit I know what I'm doing now.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
This discussion has been closed.