As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Turnabout Webcomics

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    imdointhis wrote: »
    tumblr_m1pr5oX12E1qf47sno1_500.gif

what about orthodoxy??
    I just want to worship the god-emperor like my forebears did!

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Cambiata on
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Being a cartoon wolf with a huge clown nose seems to detract from the gravitas of the situation but I do have a history of being a prick

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Being a cartoon wolf with a huge clown nose seems to detract from the gravitas of the situation but I do have a history of being a prick

Well, so does Roger.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    jerkcity5664.gif

• Options
    balerbowerbalerbower Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    The reason Jerry's writing is so good
    well no, one reason

is I have never had a kid, nor have I ever had a parent die, nor have I ever been estranged from my father. But in those few brief paragraphs I was catapulted into all those situations.

Despite his love of overwrought prose he actually has an incredible economy of style, when it suits.

Also "Further Intrusions of Actual Life" is a brilliantly subdued and poignant title

• Options
    I haven't seen this posted here yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9oF6ogesUA

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Whoops nevermind

Hobnail on
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    2014-08-03-weirdest.png

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    spoiler: everybody is the whiteboard ding dong bandit

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Bit of a hip Clark Kent look going there

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2014
    I'm glad Willis has at least made the crimes Amazigirl chases after appropriately unimportant

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    521.jpg
    page 521

See You Pizza Cowboy…

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I don't know why it's bothering me so much that willis doesn't know that permanent marker is super easy to get off whiteboard, but it is

if you want it to stick on for more than ten minutes permanent marker is what you use!

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    CreaganCreagan Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    If you look through his Tumblr, you'll see plenty of people already informed him how easy it is to remove permanent marker. Apparently, he was genuinely clueless about using rubbing alcohol on it.

It's not entirely possible he didn't know. My sister had no idea rubbing alcohol could get Sharpie off until recently. She drew all over her face with blue Sharpie while asleep. I had to teach her how to wash it off. She thought she was going to have to wait for it to fade enough to cover it with makeup, like in that one Friends episode where Ross draws on Rachel's face.

Creagan on
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    I guess then that it isn't that he doesn't know as much as it is that it keeps being a plot point because it's too late to change now

I guess it's mainly bothering me because it's an outlet for all the other niggling things about dumbing of age

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Generally, it's easier to ignore dumb little details when the bulk of it is good.

Dumbing of Age is just terrible in general, and so the dumb little details are harder to overlook.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    521.jpg
    page 521

See You Pizza Cowboy…

Lower than I ever dreamed to go

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    The Boulet strip reminded me when I attempted animation at the same time
    But on a Amiga 3000!
    I made a bitchin awesome T rex and some other dinos. but sadly my skill at animation was really poor so they ended up looking like a Monty Python cartoon.
    I did hammers pounding them into dust and other silly things
    Years later when I took a class again the teacher was enamored with Apple and made the class really less than fun or engaging.
    Still that first year I took computer graphics and animation was a blast

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    I'm actually curious about the boulet comic, because he's going through his backlog of french comics and translating them as he goes, while sometimes doing one of his more recent comics if it's something really special (mostly the 24 hour ones). Since he's posted a bunch of stuff which have been gifs and the like, I'd be curious to know how long it took him to get better and more comfortable with doing animation.

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »

Holy shit

Holy shit

Uhm. So I don't follow the news page all that often. Whats wrong with his kid?

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    azith28 wrote: »

Holy shit

Holy shit

That page explains all any of us in the internet know, I believe.

Unless PA TV has more.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    521.jpg
    page 521

See You Pizza Cowboy…

Lower than I ever dreamed to go

oh my god I totally didn't get that the first time

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Well this week's oglaf is nsfw and a fungus joke

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    [

Holy shit

Holy shit

His son may be a schizophrenic and the medications arent compatible with his digestive system.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Alright, just read through the Archive of Gunnerig Court and now I'm caught up.
    How often does it update, and does it have a schedule?

• Options
    ArdolArdol Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Alright, just read through the Archive of Gunnerig Court and now I'm caught up.
    How often does it update, and does it have a schedule?

MWF every week.

• Options
    So when they saw the cruise ship, who else thought "Zack and Cody"?

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    probably just you man

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    well I mean
    it's school
    on a cruise ship
    I only know of one other story with that premise

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    probably just you man

Right, everyone else here is at least ten years too old to know what the hell that is.

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    The greatest story of our time. suite life

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    well I mean
    it's school
    on a cruise ship
    I only know of one other story with that premise

real world semester at sea?

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    probably just you man

Right, everyone else here is at least ten years too old to know what the hell that is.
    man I always forget that
    I guess i just assumed it only applied to the chat thread

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Well buddy now you know we are ADULTS here so if you wanna make a reference, make it to something mature like true blood, or 60 minutes

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Well this week's oglaf is nsfw and a fungus joke

I don't think there's another webcomic that even comes close to making me laugh as much as Oglaf does. God daaaamn.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »

Holy shit

Holy shit

That page explains all any of us in the internet know, I believe.

Unless PA TV has more.

there was a bit in season 1 where jerry mentioned that he's worried if his son might have the same kinds of problems with depression that he had, and that if he does then at least he can be an understanding parent about it since he went through the same thing, and it was intercut with footage of his kid telling his mom that he doesn't feel happy and he doesn't know why

if i had to guess i'd say that his kid wasn't literally hearing voices but that he felt the compulsion to drink hand sanitizer

• Options
    It sounded to me like he was hearing voices, but on account of his various medications.

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    probably just you man

I know what it is

you see, small children like to ask BFL and I which one is more like zack and which one is more like cody

This discussion has been closed.