As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Man Part II: Ultra Rapid Fire Edition [A Mini Phalla]

123457»

• Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    GAME OVER

Spraying rounds across the room, Gizzy, a psychopathic cybernetically enhanced killing machine, blew apart someone's custom-made, leather-bound briefcase.

"OH MY GOD! My SADDLEBACK! YOU MONSTER!"

"OH GOD! COMPUTER, KILL IT! KILL IT!"

"KILL IT!"

"Affirmative. Engaging photonic disciplinary array."

The Lady In Red explodes into a mist of no doubt highly toxic particles.

Across the room, Kime has found his prey. With a single step & flourish, The Man With the Blue Glowing Samurai Sword claims the head of The Man With the Glowing Red Samurai Sword, known only by the name Buddha73, and vanishes without a trace.

"...Oh, look. Your saddleback had a bomb in it. One of the old 'SIR FABULOUS' models."

"Why didn't it explode when it was shot?"

"Uh. I don't think bombs work that way?"

"Oh. Well, how much do you figure those thing go for on..."

"Thermonuclear fission warhead disabled. Congratulations, MegaCorp Multinational Team: your hard work has paid-off."

VILLAGE VICTORY!

Kime also claims a neutral victory, for killing his adversary, Buddha73.

Feedback is always welcome.

Initial personal thoughts:
    The game dragged on a bit longer than I expected, and in hindsight I see that I made the revolver simply not powerful enough. I intended for this to be a silly 2 day romp, rather than a srs bsns phalla. I would adjust the lethality of the weapons more appropriately if I ran it again.

Also, apologies go out to @Gizzy ; I agree that the public seering was not as accurate as it should've been. I went a bit far looking for flavor at the expense of mechanics. Sorry about that.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    Sorry for the late update; I don't honestly have a good excuse. I wrote up the post at 11:55 and then got distracted, and forgot to post it.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Yea, at first I was going for the vote protection while deciding who to shoot with my revolver, then I saw that people were immune to flamethrowers, miniguns, swords and orbital strikes, and I thought, "Well if they're immune to those, what the hell is my peashooter gonna do?"

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Yeah, that's why I killed you, @Buddha73, worried the game was gonna end too soon.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Whoops, I was helping my aunt move today and so I didn't have any time for the game.

Still, I had fun Ender! Thanks for hosting.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    Buddha73Buddha73 Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    kime wrote: »
    Yeah, that's why I killed you, @Buddha73, worried the game was gonna end too soon.

No worry dude I was debating killing you shortly after the new day had officially started. You just beat me to the draw!
    Didn't make the sudden backstabbing hurt less. I'll remember...

Buddha73 on
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    This was kind of neat to watch if a tad chaotic.

Kinda wished I signed up but it seemed like you had to be pretty active and I wasn't sure I could swing it.

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I had fun ... though it was pretty odd that I looked like an Android, but my win condition was pure survivor neutral.

But I guess I'm even now with having won a different game due to similiar themed confusion.

Gizzy on
    Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    My only comment would be to limit who is getting regenerated each day, unless you want to have dead players posting at 12:00 hoping to claim first vote/kill/whatever their power is.

I was also a bit bummed to have only played one minute of this phalla, as I missed voting first, and annoyed at myself for shooting kime (as he probably received the same immunities for attacking first, but it was 5:00 AM).
    But that's just how this game played out so meh.

discrider on
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    I actually tried staying up until 5AM in order to get a head start on day 1.

I did okay until about 4:20AM and that's about where my memory stops