As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Diablo 3] Season 1 in progress. Dare you enter this RNG realm?

• Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    marty_0001 wrote: »
    I forsee a long grind for Ramalandi's, just like for SMK.
    it's consumable

i've already found one on ptr and i havent played barely at all

But haven't they jacked up the drop rates of things on PTR so you can test them?

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    Mill wrote: »
    Number of sockets really doesn't matter. That 130 extra CHD can be addressed by math. So they can get 2h weapons buffed enough that it doesn't matter that the dual wield character has an extra 130 crit. The real issue is that dual wield and 1h+offhand come with two legendary affixes and that is something that can't easily be solved by math. It's also a fix that requires them to come up with a solution that doesn't give Crusaders and unneeded buff.

Buff mighty weapon and daibo legendary effects.

There are also 2h wizard staves.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    I really hope the drop rate isn't too goddamn dumb, but I certainly wouldn't put it past them to set it somewhere between T&T and SMK...

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    it's consumable

But haven't they jacked up the drop rates of things on PTR so you can test them?
    i don't know

have they?

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    I'm p sure I read that the drop rate was increased on ptr but I can't find a reliable source for that right now

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    i know that people in the blizz general forums swear ptr has higher drop rates but that doesn't mean it's true

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    ColumnColumn Registered User regular
    I've had a decent amount of free time the better part of a week now and been watching Modz and MannerCookie almost daily in the background. The drop rate on the gift has been booty butt cheeks (fucking terrible) for both of them on PTR. And they've been playing PTR A LOT.

Given how often they've found gifts, the gift has a strong chance of being closer than not to that stupidly low SMK, Woh, etc. craptastic drop rate. And if the drop rates ARE buffed for them and they're luck is anywhere close to representative for everyone playing PTR...that doesn't bode well for how much lower it might be come live.

Who knows though given how much Blizz likes to needlessly obfuscate stuff. Apparently people are finding that ring set (Focus and Restraint?) a hell of a lot more often now too and those drop rates are loltastic on current live like the sword set.

• Options
    HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    Column, my dear sir. Are you too a fan of Boondocks?

If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    @‌Column
    Well that sounds just swell :<

• Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    If it's a good item, and you want it, the drop rate will be astronomically low. Welcome to Diablo!

• Options
    HexDex wrote: »
    Column, my dear sir. Are you too a fan of Boondocks?
    I am the stone that the builder refused. I am the visual, the inspiration, that made lady sing the blues.

Uncle Ruckus Kumite for Diablo 3.

• Options
    SneakmanSneakman Registered User regular
    Column wrote: »
    I've had a decent amount of free time the better part of a week now and been watching Modz and MannerCookie almost daily in the background. The drop rate on the gift has been booty butt cheeks (fucking terrible) for both of them on PTR. And they've been playing PTR A LOT.

Given how often they've found gifts, the gift has a strong chance of being closer than not to that stupidly low SMK, Woh, etc. craptastic drop rate. And if the drop rates ARE buffed for them and they're luck is anywhere close to representative for everyone playing PTR...that doesn't bode well for how much lower it might be come live.

Who knows though given how much Blizz likes to needlessly obfuscate stuff. Apparently people are finding that ring set (Focus and Restraint?) a hell of a lot more often now too and those drop rates are loltastic on current live like the sword set.

I've never seen Ramaladni's Gift drop for anyone on stream either. It seems to be as rare or rarer than legendary potions. In over 400 hours since RoS launched, I've only found 3 of those, so I don't have high hopes for finding a RG in any sane amount of time in 2.1. I've been stashing a ton of weapons that would be great with a damage/CDR reroll and a RG to add a socket, but I may rethink that strategy.

I've got a low-damage Fate of the Fell that I've been waiting to roll, but if I have to wait another month for 2.1 to launch and THEN another ~100 hours of farming to find a RG… well, that seems like an insanely long time to not use a build-enabling weapon. It's also possible I'll find a better one in the meantime since it's not a super rare weapon drop like WoW or SMK.

On a side note, to give you an idea of how stupidly powerful Fate of the Fell is, I've been using a 2400 DPS version without a socket and I can still annihilate T4 solo. I may just socket it today and start wrecking T6.

Diablo 3 | Sneakman#1625 | S9 Multishot Demon Hunter
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Sneakman wrote: »

I've never seen Ramaladni's Gift drop for anyone on stream either. It seems to be as rare or rarer than legendary potions. In over 400 hours since RoS launched, I've only found 3 of those, so I don't have high hopes for finding a RG in any sane amount of time in 2.1. I've been stashing a ton of weapons that would be great with a damage/CDR reroll and a RG to add a socket, but I may rethink that strategy.

I've got a low-damage Fate of the Fell that I've been waiting to roll, but if I have to wait another month for 2.1 to launch and THEN another ~100 hours of farming to find a RG… well, that seems like an insanely long time to not use a build-enabling weapon. It's also possible I'll find a better one in the meantime since it's not a super rare weapon drop like WoW or SMK.

On a side note, to give you an idea of how stupidly powerful Fate of the Fell is, I've been using a 2400 DPS version without a socket and I can still annihilate T4 solo. I may just socket it today and start wrecking T6.

You can say FotF isn't rare, but in 197 hours on my Crusader I've gotten 8 Mortal Dramas, 3 Remnants and 2 Golden Flenses (I think that's what it's called) and 0 FotF. Four Jekangbords and 0 Helskulls. I mean, whatever, RNG gonna RNG, but to say an item "isn't rare" isn't the sanest of logic.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    rng is rng. some people get 15 RoRG, others get 1 or none. same thing goes for all items

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    There's still weighting going on for those drops, but in this case it's not particularly rare:

fG6x3um.png

20% of all legendary 2h flail drops are FotF

As a comparison,
    tM8H27F.png

1.6% of all WD Legendary Ceremonial knife drops are Starmetal Kukri

• Options
    like I rarely ever get leggo flails on my crusader for reference

best one I saw was like, the consecration one. so ymmv with rng, idk my bff jill

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    it's consumable

I don't think we're all talking about the same Blizzard here.

• Options
    Brolo wrote: »
    As a comparison,
    tM8H27F.png

1.6% of all WD Legendary Ceremonial knife drops are Starmetal Kukri
    What do the asterisks mean?

Anyway, it doesn't matter if Blizzard stats an item to be "not particularly rare," because there will still be people out there who want an item and go hundreds of hours without seeing it. Being an edge case fucking sucks and it's the thing I dislike most about RoS.

• Options
    Asterisks indicated it wasn't part of the initial list when the article was posted, largely irrelevant now.

• Options
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Sneakman wrote: »

You can say FotF isn't rare, but in 197 hours on my Crusader I've gotten 8 Mortal Dramas, 3 Remnants and 2 Golden Flenses (I think that's what it's called) and 0 FotF. Four Jekangbords and 0 Helskulls. I mean, whatever, RNG gonna RNG, but to say an item "isn't rare" isn't the sanest of logic.

RNG is RNG and I feel for you, but Fate of the Fell is a 20% chance to drop when a legendary two-handed flail drops. Compare that with Cam's Rebuttal, which is a two-handed sword with a 0.99% chance to drop, or Starmetal Kukri or Wand of Woh (1.64% each). Some people have RoRGs for all their characters, while it took me 2100+ bounties to get even 1. And then it took me only 10 more caches to get 2 more rings.

When I said FotF wasn't "rare", I was citing the data-mined drop rates and not my personal experience. In my 100 hours of sadering I've found 4 two-handed flails, I've just been lucky enough to get one of each. Still haven't seen a Blade of Prophecy or a Harrington Waistguard, but I've found 7 Unitys and 7 Stones of Jordan.

• Options
    Of special note is that I think 2h flails are the least-represented, usable type of legendary weapon drop I've received on my Crusader. I've actually received 4 legendary hand crossbows, which I found odd, and zero of any other class-specific legendaries for other classes. I've yet to find any legendary wand at all in AoD in about 40 hours on my wizard.

• Options
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Of special note is that I think 2h flails are the least-represented, usable type of legendary weapon drop I've received on my Crusader. I've actually received 4 legendary hand crossbows, which I found odd, and zero of any other class-specific legendaries for other classes. I've yet to find any legendary wand at all in AoD in about 40 hours on my wizard.

I really wish they would buff the drop rate of class-specific legendaries. I played ~150 hours on my wizard and found 6 wands (Fragment of Desinty x2, Gesture of Orpheus, 2x Chantodo's Wand, Serpent Sparker). Likewise, I have only seen 4 two-handed flails drop for my crusader in ~100 hours, but I got lucky with 1 of each.

• Options
    AtaxrxesAtaxrxes Hellnation Cursed EarthRegistered User regular
    So I finished the campaign but I don't have ROS yet. What's my best option now for leveling my character? Restart campaign on a harder difficulty?

• Options
    HooverFanHooverFan NCRegistered User regular
    I got a ramabinladens gift on ptr... but then, you know, Hooverbuff and whatnot

BNet profile: HooverFish#1668
    PSN: HooverFanPA
    Steam: HooverFan
  • Options
    Ataxrxes wrote: »
    So I finished the campaign but I don't have ROS yet. What's my best option now for leveling my character? Restart campaign on a harder difficulty?

buy RoS, you bum

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Thanks for the invite to the clan! After being an entirely SC player for Diablo 1 and 2, I figured I'd try my hand at Hardcore with my return to D3 for RoS.

It's... a little more intense. Honestly, I always strove to not die anyway, and have yet to lose a HC (note, I'm aware I'll lose my first in the next day or two because I said this). I'm up to a whopping Paragon level 10, so I'm definitely not packing heat here. Sort of just ended up clearing the campaign on all my characters before drifting towards playing the WD as my main focus, now apparently I seem to have found a FOTM class inadvertently. Oh well.

Been playing in Expert thus far, and while there have been a few close calls, it's not too terrible. Loaded up a Master tier, ran into a Mortar pack that took like 1/3 of my life off in a blink and just ran away. The upgrades are coming a bit slower than before, but I'm tempted to at least knock out a few more paragon levels to ease my other character's ascents before I go back to another class.

Anyway, if there's anyone running HC and you see me online, feel free to give me a shout out. I'm definitely not geared for top tier level play (pretty sure I'd die if something looked at me funny in Torment still), but I'm pretty comfortable in Hard and Expert. Maybe one day I'll even look at Master/Torment... but today likely isn't that day.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    There are some interesting numbers on the likelihood of getting class specific drops:

As a baseline, the chance for having a random legendary roll (although this varies by class and by difficulty a bit) as a specific item type is weighted, here's a range for items that all classes can get:

2100 Rings (all classes) <- Highest
    1300 Amulets (all classes)
    890 Bracers (all classes) <- About average
    120 Potions (all classes)
    66 Enchantress Focus (all classes) <- Lowest

And here are Class Specific weapons (per class only) to compare against that:

450 1H Flail
    250 2h Flail
    610 1h Crossbow
    610 2h Crossbow
    510 Bow
    610 Ceremonial Knife
    400 2h Mighty Weapon
    500 1h Mighty Weapon
    1000 Fist Weapon
    600 Daibo
    600 Wand

Class Specific non-weapons (per class only):

460 Crusader Shields
    850 Quivers
    450 Cloaks
    550 Voodoo Mask
    560 Mojos
    750 Mighty Belt
    1000 Spirit Stone
    410 Wizard Hat
    510 Orbs

http://www.diablofans.com/forums/diablo-iii-general-forums/diablo-iii-general-discussion/87504-legendary-roll-weights-check-what-the-chances-are

• Options
    AtaxrxesAtaxrxes Hellnation Cursed EarthRegistered User regular
    HooverFan wrote: »
    Ataxrxes wrote: »

buy RoS, you bum

Haha, I'm going to, I just can't afford the $40.00 for that right at the moment.

• Options
    Blue posts ahoy on PTR changes in the next patch...

First, MAJOR MONK CHANGES AHOY! http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13423172406?page=32#637

Also, Greater Rifts getting changed around along with gem upgrading... http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13595189902?page=1#6

• Options
    Brolo wrote: »
    250 2h Flail
    That would help explain the issues with getting FotF (or [insert desired 2H flail]). Also, how did they get all that? Is that datamined? I thought all the drop stuff was server side only.

• Options
    At some point one of the Asia servers had files exposed that were then datamined, it's where the weighting and drop stats info came from.

• Options
    we have no way to prove any of those numbers are legit, or accurate

• Options
    Hey those GR changes are exactly what I was bitching about earlier! Clearly I should bitch more.

Hey Rolo, your avatar is clapping too fast.

• Options
    BloodycowBloodycow Registered User regular
    @‌hooverfan
    <this guy
    Bloodycow#1868

" I am a warrior, so that my son may be a merchant, so that his son may be a poet.”
    ― John Quincy Adams
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    higher level greater rifts are still pointless. guess they're still working on what to do besides HP/Damage.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Man, if lightning monk is in a good place after all this, I'll be very happy.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    Saldonas wrote: »
    Man, if lightning monk is in a good place after all this, I'll be very happy.
    Infinite dash with bonus lightning explosion crackfiend monk isn't being in a good place?

I want the gear to do it, and then after five minutes of cracking out, I know I'd never touch a monk again.

• Options
    I have the gear for it, Column, and dash isn't affected by CDR, so it's infinite dashes for 1 second, and then a 7s wait for each dash charge to come back. At least now you can see the second hand spinning on the icon for each charge on PTR, though...

There is hope, however, for the Column WoL getting better. It's already really sweet, to be fair, but it's not as good a spender as almost anything any other class has.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Dashing Strike recharge rate is affected by CDR on the PTR now

• Options
    dashing strike recovers ridiculously fast now with cdr, it's pretty great

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*