Options

I HEAR THE [CHAT] ECHOING TONIGHT

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    good morning friends and people i begrudgingly tolerate because of social pressures

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Hooter's wing sauce isn't bad. I use it for my wings at home. That's about all I can say about that.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Beans and rice is possibly the most boring food.

u don't understand

beans and rice is a canvas you use to craft delicious foods

beans and rice is no joke probably my favorite basic go-to for food.

of course it needs to be seasoned right and with the right accompaniments.

I would call it beans and rice and stuff if I had stuff to put in it

maybe u could drown it in mayonnaise sauce

call it scanda-beans & rice

stop calling it mayonnaise sauce!

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Critics give out scores based on weird stuff. I remember the guy at the Guardian later admitting he gave the second Fantastic 4 movie four out of five because he was in a really good mood about the fortnight's holiday he was leaving on the next day.

abolish the movie grading system

for real tho

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    TehSloth wrote: »
    you guys, it's both national lasagna day and national chicken wing day

how could we let both of these things happen on the same day

I have never met a lasagne that I liked.

I make a pretty good lasagna. Has lots of whole milk ricotta. Will probably kill you

Ricotta is what keeps me away from most lasagnes.

I'm just not built for a lot of Italian food, it seems. I don't like ricotta, I don't like marinara, and I don't like tons of cream or cheese.

Please stop before you lose anymore swag credibility.

atomika stahp ur kilin me.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    I dunno, tex mex is responsible for skillet queso

I love skillet queso

I have been mocking a friend for liking McDonald's but the truth is I am pretty much always up for the skillet queso from Chilis

i son u bitch

u probably hit the applebees when no one is looking

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular

We have multiple meals a day for a reason Sloth.

Come on, it's like you're not even trying.

I am pretty tempted to get wings for lunch -- doubt I'll do lasagne for dinner then though.

Hooters has all you can eat chicken wings for 12.99. so.theres.that.I.guess.

I am real close to the original, which is actually really good.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    cptrugged wrote: »
    I wonder if Wolverine will drop at all in his status as Marvel cash cow in the wake of the cinematic universe. Still can't believe he's a major player in the Avengers comics now. That's so ridiculous.

Wolverine has more movies under his belt than any other Marvel hero. If anything he's an even bigger cash cow now. He was bought into the Avengers on the fairly reasonable idea that the Avengers are supposed to be Earth's premier heroes but never felt like it because Tri-D Man was filling out the roster or Gilgamesh or Rage or someone that would just embarrass the X-Men if he showed up. So they just piled a bunch of really popular people in the team along with Iron Man and Cap and a couple of Bendis' favourites and hey presto it became their biggest selling book.

Which is why marvel are 'killing' him in the comics, because his death is a sales winner.

I just can't imagine the Claremont Wolverine being an Avenger. But I think being an Avenger is something completely different these days then when I tried to read it. There's like 3 or 4 Avengers teams now looks like. Does every character have to be on a team with the name "Avengers" or "X-Men" or both now?

And where's the goddamn Power Pack!?

:p

power pack was introduced to try to appeal to a kid demographic. kids got powers and had adventures and kids reading the book could identify with them and their problems - getting bullied at school, dealing with dyslexia, not getting enough attention from mom and dad, etc.

but since kids don't read comic books anymore, marvel refocused to appeal to more of their central demo. more of the heroes are in their 30s and single and shy around the opposite gender and have food allergies.

you made me look forward to old age a lot, now

it will be hilarious when the super hero demo is 70

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

I make a pretty good lasagna. Has lots of whole milk ricotta. Will probably kill you

I'm just not built for a lot of Italian food, it seems. I don't like ricotta, I don't like marinara, and I don't like tons of cream or cheese.

Atomika sits in a darkened room and carefully pours half a tablespoon of vinegar, lifts it to her lips and draws in the small amount of fluid. The nearly nutrient-free acid stings her tongue and burns slightly on the way down.

"Oh that's the stuff" she says, relaxing. "Just like mom used to make."

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Atomika is a good example of a critic I disagree with a lot but isn't a horrible clickbait troglodyte

but I don't need to read her reviews really because I know if I liked it she hated it.

Because I am awake and watching a movie.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Chili's does a couple of things good. Their chicken tenders are amazing, and their skillet queso and chips are the bomb. Their corn on the cob is really good too.

That's it.

Also their margaritas are amazing @deebaser

You're going to give him a stroke

wow
    such sour mix

Better than TGIFridays I assume?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Maybe I'm dead inside, but nothing in the Guardians of the Galaxy trailer has interested me in the movie.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    bowen wrote: »
    Chili's does a couple of things good. Their chicken tenders are amazing, and their skillet queso and chips are the bomb. Their corn on the cob is really good too.

That's it.

Also their margaritas are amazing -deebaser

You're going to give him a stroke

wow
    such sour mix

Better than TGIFridays I assume?

only volumetrically

TehSloth on
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    what kind of subperson doesnt like italian food

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    I text deebaser pictures of horrible drink mix shit I find in stores about once a week. Last friday I sent him a picture of bacon flavored salt for glass rims.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Critics give out scores based on weird stuff. I remember the guy at the Guardian later admitting he gave the second Fantastic 4 movie four out of five because he was in a really good mood about the fortnight's holiday he was leaving on the next day.

Nicholas Lezard seemed to have a hate-on for the Tintin movie partly because of the insufficient number of beds in the film. The whole review is basically "I love Tintin and am going to show off how much I know about it, oh yeah there's a film out".

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular

We have multiple meals a day for a reason Sloth.

Come on, it's like you're not even trying.

I am pretty tempted to get wings for lunch -- doubt I'll do lasagne for dinner then though.

Hooters has all you can eat chicken wings for 12.99. so.theres.that.I.guess.

I am real close to the original, which is actually really good.

From what I had seen on undercover boss or whatever, it wasn't the worst thing in the world(except when ti was being done incorrectly), and they are more up front about how waitresses are in bar climate, so that is going for them I guess.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Neco wrote: »

Italian food is one of my least favorite types of food.

There are certain things I go for, admittedly. A nice veal piccata is tasty, as is garlic and herb angel hair, or mostacielli that isn't too greasy. And garlic knots? Shit yeah.

But yeah, I almost never want to go out for Italian food other than good pizza.

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod

That's it.

Also their margaritas are amazing @deebaser

tumblr_lasmpzzeeO1qe0eclo1_r2_500.gif

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular

Atomika sits in a darkened room and carefully pours half a tablespoon of vinegar, lifts it to her lips and draws in the small amount of fluid. The nearly nutrient-free acid stings her tongue and burns slightly on the way down.

Speaking of that topic, I opened my refrigerator, and the shelf on the door decided to stop existing, so my balsamic vinaigrette fell on the floor and shattered. It was so sad.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Tonight at dinner my dad asked me how much work on my PhD I had done today

and I got a bit indignant about it, saying it was great how I couldn't go a meal without getting shit for not doing "enough" work in a day

and my dad responded that he was sorry if he made it sound like he was giving me shit

it's just that perhaps the timeline is more on his mind than mine because he doesn't know how much time he has left

and he doesn't want to die before I get my PhD

and I tried to protest but he said that, sure, he's in remission, but the kind of cancer he had has a 50% mortality rate over five years

and he just doesn't know

anyway I am feeling a bit rough

sorry about the pony post

I was in bed this morning at 10:30 and my dad burst into my room and shouted at me that i need to get to work

i told him that i don't have set hours and that 12-8 suits me far better than 9-5

he responded that he didn't care and that "this is a working house" and I got annoyed over the implication that i don't work

25 minutes later of shouting he told me that i was a worthless piece of shit and that he would be changing the locks so i couldn't go home

so yeah, at least his implications were out of caring rather than thinking you're a waste of space

i doubt that's much consolation, i just wanted to vent a bit

• Options
    Gooey wrote: »

Me.

subhumans are pretty rad.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    chili's chicken tenders are amazing

• Options
    oh also chilis has really good ranch dressing. They make it in-house, Will.

IN HOUSE.

• Options
    hmmm, lame, local wing joint is doing some kind of deal but they aren't doing it for to-go orders :(

twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options

- BBQ
    - French cuisine
    - steakhouse fare
    - Jewish deli
    - Pan-asian
    - Indian

Those are my jams

oh, and jam

• Options
    Atomika is a good example of a critic I disagree with a lot but isn't a horrible clickbait troglodyte

but I don't need to read her reviews really because I know if I liked it she hated it.

You like everything?

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    hmmm, lame, local wing joint is doing some kind of deal but they aren't doing it for to-go orders :(

So they're making you go and sit there to eat the wings? Sounds like they want to sell some $9 beers.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod

IN HOUSE.

some mexican teenager standing over a gigantic witch's cauldron of bubbling buttermilk

• Options
    Gooey wrote: »

:disappointed:

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    but anyway yes the last of my money was €2 so I used it to buy the cheapest packet of biscuits the shop had (since I figure I can snack on them for the rest of the way) and they are actually way nicer than the more expensive ones

really buttery and just a bit sweet

would recommend

• Options

You like everything?

compared to you? Yes.

Compared to Roger Ebert? No.

You like less movies than Roger Ebert.

• Options
    Organichu wrote: »

IN HOUSE.

some mexican teenager standing over a gigantic witch's cauldron of bubbling buttermilk

for some reason i'm reminded of that really creepy gif of the japanese guy slathering himself in icing or whatever

919UOwT.png
  • Options

IN HOUSE.

I used to make spinach dip. It involved a lot of mayo.

• Options
    You know what kind of food I really, really don't care for? Greek.

They do the opposite of everything I want. Mmm, potatoes roasted in lemon juice. Because nothing goes with lamb quite like the inside of a battery.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    but anyway yes the last of my money was €2 so I used it to buy the cheapest packet of biscuits the shop had (since I figure I can snack on them for the rest of the way) and they are actually way nicer than the more expensive ones

really buttery and just a bit sweet

would recommend

Biscuits in France are shit. It's a serious problem with their food.

Or maybe this is just the place where the UK rules the world

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options

IN HOUSE.

i worked at a dennys for a year

we made our ranch dressing in-house too!

here is the recipe:

2 gallons buttermilk
    2 gallons mayonnaise
    one big pouch of seasoning

put ingredients into a big home depot bucket. stir. serve.

one time i knocked the whole bucket over. 5 gallons of ranch dressing fucking everywhere. had to pull all the mats out of the kitchen and power-wash everything right out the door. the whole place smelled like sour ranch dressing for weeks.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    You know what kind of food I really, really don't care for? Greek.

They do the opposite of everything I want. Mmm, potatoes roasted in lemon juice. Because nothing goes with lamb quite like the inside of a battery.

I hear you love their bath houses though.

• Options

You like everything?

compared to you? Yes.

Compared to Roger Ebert? No.

You like less movies than Roger Ebert.

Ebert gave way more positive reviews than most mainstream critics this side of USA Today. He loved movies and was always looking for something to enjoy in them.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    I mean I do hate everyone, but not for that specific reason, mainly just because they're breathing.

you and TLDR should hang out

I'd fail a drug test if I got within 20 feet of him

This is cute and all, but one of us is dependent on controlled substances and it isn't me.

This discussion has been closed.