As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Killing Floor 2 - Patch(beta) is up! Demo & Firebug are here! Berserker isn't crap!

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    In kf1 scrake had HUGE resistances to grenades. It was pretty much a gross waste of resources to ever use nades against scrakes.

I've simply assumed the same is true here.

actually they didn't they had the normal 1.0 damage mod from explosives, only the fleshpound had 1.5 ;)

I guess some of the wikis were just terrible a few years back. I'm still not gonna waste nades on scrakes though. Nades are far to valuable to be spammed like that.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    LotharLothar Of The Hill People Hills, Hill CountryRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    As a long-time Berserker (in KF1) I love all of the things they added for my class in KF2. It really feels like it matters where you aim and what type of swing you use when you are smashing or cutting your enemies. Also, giving the class a ranged weapon with the nail gun is great for those moments where you just need to back up and spray all of the spiders coming for you (if you don't have a support buddy waiting in the wings).

Only long-standing downside that I feel like the class has is the lack of progression of round -> dosh -> better stuff. Once I've got the Pulverizer and the nail gun I just start giving my money away as I only need enough to refill ammo and armor. Maybe that's the point? Maybe I should be patient for the full game to actually be released?

Maybe stop whining and get on that Scrake?

Lothar on
    Currently Playing: ARK: Survival Evolved

Feel free to add me for Smash Bros or MH4!
    FC: 3668 - 8564 - 8516
  • Options
    LilleDjevelLilleDjevel Registered User regular
    In kf1 scrake had HUGE resistances to grenades. It was pretty much a gross waste of resources to ever use nades against scrakes.

I've simply assumed the same is true here.

actually they didn't they had the normal 1.0 damage mod from explosives, only the fleshpound had 1.5 ;)

I guess some of the wikis were just terrible a few years back. I'm still not gonna waste nades on scrakes though. Nades are far to valuable to be spammed like that.

Aye, was some major discussions about it back on the twi and steam formus. Ended with one of the know moders posteing screenshots of all the files with damage amps on scrakes and fleshpounds and the path so people could go look it up them self. And then a twi dev comfirmed it a bit later. This is about 3 years ago so I'm not even gonna try to find the original posts about it =p

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,
    'til there's Fire in the Sky...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    Drake wrote: »
    Damn this is such a Killing Floor song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iblgUiA18M

Sounds a lot like early Lamb of God (Burn the Priest/As the Palaces Burn era) or 4ARM.

I LURV IT SO VERY MUCH

SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Lothar wrote: »
    As a long-time Berserker (in KF1) I love all of the things they added for my class in KF2. It really feels like it matters where you aim and what type of swing you use when you are smashing or cutting your enemies. Also, giving the class a ranged weapon with the nail gun is great for those moments where you just need to back up and spray all of the spiders coming for you (if you don't have a support buddy waiting in the wings).

Only long-standing downside that I feel like the class has is the lack of progression of round -> dosh -> better stuff. Once I've got the Pulverizer and the nail gun I just start giving my money away as I only need enough to refill ammo and armor. Maybe that's the point? Maybe I should be patient for the full game to actually be released?

The Eviscerator is a Berserker weapon, and pretty damn good. The primary fire can one shot everything except Scrakes, Fleshpounds, and obviously Hans. The alt fire is a powerful continous revving attack. Also, you can conserve fuel by melee bashing weak stuff like clots, crawlers, and stalkers.

And the blades have four penetration, so you can easily take out sirens hiding behind bloats or gorefasts.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    As an almost exlusive Zerk player in KF1, I am underwhelmed with the zerker so far.

The parrying/stagger mechanics are interesting and fun. However, it loses its charm when you realize that all the other classes can do it as well, provided they pick up the "all class" katana or another melee weapon. It can save you in a pinch, but you're sacrificing dps for survivability, while the other classes can keep firing and just, you know, back up.

Damage seems meh, his attacks are slow. But these two things I can forgive because who knows what the extra 25% attack damage will feel like down the road after leveling (though this still feels hugely nerfed from the first game).

My biggest complaint, by far, is the survivability. Why do the backline classes have more health than the frontline? And what is this 5% damage reduction? A whole five percent. Assuming you get hit for an attack that does 100 hp (the max for zerker), you save a whole 5 hp. It's silly.

His perks also need work. It seems like they just tossed a filler in at level 5. Night vision goggles (on a zerker? why? I'm not picking off enemies from a distance) or 20% extra starting ammo on ranged weapons, for a class that uses a melee weapon 90% of the time.

I have faith that they'll balance the class right, but right now it's a little frustrating. And I'm sure there are more nuances I'll discover after playing it more, so all hope is not lost.

AuburnTiger on
    XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    Weapon size determines the damage you take when parrying. People are saying the Pulverizer is a whopping 70% damage reduction, whereas the katana is like 50% or maybe even lower? Also, another class parrying is kind of a waste since they have to sit with their melee weapon parrying instead of doing stuff?

The class needs better perks (+20% ammo is lame for just about everything except the Eviscerator), and while I like the Eviscerator is a cool "ultimate weapon," it's not "true" melee weapon and the weight is massive forcing you to stick with the shovel. The pulverizer is a great weapon, but I wish there was a melee weapon beyond that to give me options.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Weapon size determines the damage you take when parrying. People are saying the Pulverizer is a whopping 70% damage reduction, whereas the katana is like 50% or maybe even lower? Also, another class parrying is kind of a waste since they have to sit with their melee weapon parrying instead of doing stuff?

The class needs better perks (+20% ammo is lame for just about everything except the Eviscerator), and while I like the Eviscerator is a cool "ultimate weapon," it's not "true" melee weapon and the weight is massive forcing you to stick with the shovel. The pulverizer is a great weapon, but I wish there was a melee weapon beyond that to give me options.

Here is a commando parrying a Fleshpound with a katana. Look how much damage he's taking. Either FP damage needs upping or parrying is seriously OP. I realize he's being healed some but still, it's like a gnat more than a hulking ZED.

https://gfycat.com/FemaleParallelAmericanblackvulture

AuburnTiger on
    XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    That is concerning unless parrying is just very generous on normal.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    LotharLothar Of The Hill People Hills, Hill CountryRegistered User regular
    Lothar wrote: »

The Eviscerator is a Berserker weapon, and pretty damn good. The primary fire can one shot everything except Scrakes, Fleshpounds, and obviously Hans. The alt fire is a powerful continous revving attack. Also, you can conserve fuel by melee bashing weak stuff like clots, crawlers, and stalkers.

And the blades have four penetration, so you can easily take out sirens hiding behind bloats or gorefasts.

I should probably give it more of a chance. The only time I used it I found the aiming to be a bit difficult and with Nail Gun/Pulverizer I don't think you have room for the Eviscerator. With practice I will probably replace the Nail Gun with it for ranged stopping power.

Currently Playing: ARK: Survival Evolved

Feel free to add me for Smash Bros or MH4!
    FC: 3668 - 8564 - 8516
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    I'm really glad I just looked up an article with some KF2 tips, because even though I've played many, many hours of the first one, it turns out I make very poor decisions and have no idea how to properly play Killing Floor.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    I just played through a solo game to try it out. There's the bare bones of something good here. Love the new gore system, the guns feel pretty great too.

I think I'll wait for them to put more content in before i really put time into it but yeah, I'm hopeful.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    I'm really glad I just looked up an article with some KF2 tips, because even though I've played many, many hours of the first one, it turns out I make very poor decisions and have no idea how to properly play Killing Floor.

Feel free to share it.

I've put more than my share into the first one and I'm sure there's a couple bad habits I could do to un-learn before we start hunting in earnest.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Forar wrote: »

Feel free to share it.

I've put more than my share into the first one and I'm sure there's a couple bad habits I could do to un-learn before we start hunting in earnest.

main one i found is them changing the order of the weapon select keys

i kept hitting 3 to get my main weapon and got the knife instead

• Options
    LilleDjevelLilleDjevel Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »

Feel free to share it.

main one i found is them changing the order of the weapon select keys

i kept hitting 3 to get my main weapon and got the knife instead

I just instantly rebound the keys. After pulling my knife at the scrake when i should be pulling out the aa12 and then died.

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,
    'til there's Fire in the Sky...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular

Feel free to share it.

http://www.pcgamer.com/killing-floor-2-guide-10-tips-for-being-a-better-zed-killer/

My main mistake was "always try be at full armor from as soon as you can possibly afford it"

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    The kevlar thing is just a matter of preference, play style and situation. On pub servers I'm not really counting on some medic to keep an eye out for me when he's probably going to look out for his pals, so kevlar is an early purchase. Staying alive saves more money.

• Options
    If you're a Berserker you should be buying Kevlar every round. You're saving shitloads of money on ammo, and you don't have a whole lot to save up for.

Having said that, there is laughably little risk of dying in the first three rounds, so do whatever.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Arguably an unarmored zerkers can generate some dosh for the team medic by letting himself take some minor damage. He can also Contribute his excess cash to more cash-hungry classes.

It is definitely a fine line that they walk. It is what separates the zerkers that are worth their weight in gold and the zerkers that are simply dead weight.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    A lot of this depends on who you are playing with. I don't play with an exclusive group. I'll play with pubs any time PAers aren't playing, so I encounter lots of different group compositions and levels of aggression and defense. If I'm in a super mobile and aggressive group, which is pretty common on pub servers I will be buying armor pretty early on.

• Options
    I just played through my first full match. The one thing I noticed myself missing was the "quick-swap" button to equip your previously equipped weapon. I hope that button comes back.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Honestly on Normal it really does not matter since most players will have like 500 to 1000 extra dosh by the final wave.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Also, if you are level five, I highly recommend switching to Hard. The experience gains are much better, and it's way more entertaining than Normal since regular waves start to get a bit dicey.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    the medic darts feel like they have some self homing capability. They seem to gyro-jet on over to whoever your cursor was over when you pulled the trigger.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    They lock on. If you hear a beep while in iron sights, it means you have a lock

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    that ding sound you hear from it is it "locking on" so if you're willing to wait the short timer it guarantees your dart hits the target.

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    WIckedkarmaWIckedkarma AustinRegistered User regular
    Since its still early access and we dont have a lot of people on at the same time I have ope server as public and set it to Hard difficulty. Once we start filling up the other PA server and need another dedicated spot I will put the password back on.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    The medic dart lock on also slightly changes the reticle which I find a bit more reliable than using just the sound since it will change again if you go off-target.

Speaking of, just had my first Hans fight while playing a medic. Pretty hectic keeping everyone topped off with the grenades flying everywhere, but I felt fantastic when I was saving folks with <50% hp.

• Options
    Oh yeah. Having a medic or two seems to help TONS against Dr. Von Kill-You.

nothing like counteracting nerve gas with healing gas or heal darting the guy being vampirically drained.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    The medic guns are totally rad. The shotgun, in particular, is an excellent addition.

Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    gunwarriorgunwarrior Registered User regular

Here is a commando parrying a Fleshpound with a katana. Look how much damage he's taking. Either FP damage needs upping or parrying is seriously OP. I realize he's being healed some but still, it's like a gnat more than a hulking ZED.

https://gfycat.com/FemaleParallelAmericanblackvulture

Either that was from beta or on normal. I was blocking/parrying scrakes in hard and they hit much harder than that.

Hell it seems like scrakes are bigger problems in general than flesh pounds

• Options
    Not sure if this is totally legit but a dude said it on a server so hey who knows. It goes like this; You can't hurt the boss when he grabs someone and does his vampire number on them. It kinda makes sense because he is a huge sitting duck right then and what good would the move be if it just exposed him to take more damage than he could ever hope to drain off of one dude.

So just heal that guy who is getting drained and clear any trash mobs around or find a good position or something.

• Options
    I've been hearing that too. I can't really confirm or deny it since I can't see his health (can any commandos see his health and take note?).

As a medic, I've just been spamming heal darts into the victim to keep them alive.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    I've been maining commando, and if he can be hurt he heals though it to full every time anyway. So yeah, don't waste your bullets.

• Options
    I've been maining medic so far. Just dinged level 5 tonight.

I started paying closer attention to the heal-dart lockon, and realized that you don't even need to be in iron-sights to achieve a lock. Simply center on a friendly from the hip and fire away (if you look closely, the hud on your sights will still light up with a green target lock. It is just easier to overlook when firing from the hip).

So far I've just been going 9mm>Medic pistol>Medic SMG>Medic Shotgun>Medic Rifle. With my final loadout being the medic rifle and medic shotgun for the boss fight. It works well, but I need to experiment with some other classes and some alternative weapon loadouts.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    I keep my eyes out for a shotgun before I can afford to carry a SCAR and AK. Helps for the bigger guys.

• Options
    DangerbirdDangerbird Registered User regular
    I'm currently loving the shit out of the eviscerator weapon. It makes me feel like I'm playing Dead Space 2.

I played alot of Support in KF1, but in KF2 I think the Berserker class is for me.

I hope they add more weapons with varying weights so I can play around with weapon loadouts more. When I have the eviscerator, my options for filling out my kit are severely limited, but I guess I don't really need anything else.

My current final kit is the eviscerator, with a back up shovel and the medic healing pistol to use up that final point.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    So should I look at a new video card or an entirely new PC for choppy gameplay?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    DangerbirdDangerbird Registered User regular
    Why don't you try the new video card first?

Then if that doesn't work, go for the new PC?

• Options
    Stragint wrote: »
    So should I look at a new video card or an entirely new PC for choppy gameplay?

The real question is "what are your system specs?"

3DS Friend Code: