As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Killing Floor 2 - Patch(beta) is up! Demo & Firebug are here! Berserker isn't crap!

• Options
    gunwarriorgunwarrior Registered User regular
    Quick guide to the boss, if anyone still cares
    • He has 3 "lives", one for every color on his exo suit (Green, yellow, red, and then sparking dark red)
    • After you damage him enough he'll lose one "life" and go drain some one to heal to full, this happens 3 times before he actually becomes killable
      (He'll be a dark red color and sparking, its unmistakable. He'll also probably freak out and say something like you shouldn't still be alive).
    • I heard from a lvl 22 that he has 85% damage resistance during the drain, so yeah, don't waste your ammo
    • I'm fairly sure you shouldn't waste your ammo when hes chasing someone to drain either, since he'll just heal to full anyways

• Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    Yeah, that all sounds about right from my limited experience. Just try to heal the poor sap he's uh, sapping. And take care of the trash mobs.

Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    gunwarrior wrote: »
    • After you damage him enough he'll lose one "life" and go drain some one to heal to full, this happens 3 times before he actually becomes killable
      (He'll be a dark red color and sparking, its unmistakable. He'll also probably freak out and say something like you shouldn't still be alive).
    • I'm fairly sure you shouldn't waste your ammo when hes chasing someone to drain either, since he'll just heal to full anyways

What I want to know is if he is actually unkillable until he has drained three people or if it is just hard to kill him before he drains someone. The patriarch went through a three-stage fight where he kept healing himself, but you can kill the Patriarch before he heals even once if everyone spikes him hard enough.

I'm also curious if he has any weakpoints. I presume headshots are good, but should I be attempting to shoot the big canister on his back when I'm behind him?

Another thing to add to the guide. Keep an eye out for grenades (HE and gas) and try to maintain LOS with your medic. The gas is less frightening if you medic can instantly hit you with some heal darts. Be vigilant for those grenades because they can wreck a player fast....I saw three of my teammates blown up by a single round of HE grenades. Just like it was important to listen for "one in the pipe", listening to any comments about gas or grenades is important for knowing when to skitter away to safety.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    The gas grenades seem to stack too. I've noticed that sometimes they aren't so bad, but other times my health is melting away almost faster than I can hit the quick heal button.

• Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    I've heard rumors of groups of Supports with AA-12s being able to focus fire Hans down before he could heal, but that was back in the beta and I never saw any proof so who knows. It might be one of those things that becomes easier when you have a Sharpshooter or Demo on the team who can unload enough damage to overpower that supposed 85% damage resistance and blast through the last quarter of hp.

Edit: Also heard rumors of being able to parry Hans' grab, and let me tell you I would love to see someone pull that off.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    I'm loving the new engine and the detailed enemy models. It's taking a bit getting used to the new GUI and trader stock, though.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    I think Armchair mentioned it before, but I couldn't find a weapon swap-back bind, and that's been throwing me off a bit. Also the weapons being arranged so differently is starting to get on my nerves. Only issues I have with the game so far tho, and those will fade with time.

• Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    Trying to swap through three different "Primary" weapons has been messing me up a lot. I really miss the weapon tiers that had the "Primary weapon" and "Better Primary Weapon" distinction.

• Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    Another thing I'm finding very frustrating with zerk was TW's decision to bind the direction of swings to WASD. It's incredibly awkward.

Let's say I'm running towards a group of 3 clots. Depending on the weapon, in KF1 I could run and swing and hit them all. But if I'm running forward in KF2, I'm going to do an overhead swing and hit one and get grabbed by the others. It's very jarring to have to run up, come to a full stop, then move sideways to get a horizontal swing. It feels so clunky. I wish they had come up with a way to bind swing direction to the mouse instead of sticking it on the movement keys.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    This game's looking pretty sweet. I have to wait for it to release on PS4 before I can play it, but I can at least enjoy Youtube videos. I'm digging the monster designs.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    President RexPresident Rex Registered User regular
    I've been maining medic so far. Just dinged level 5 tonight.

I started paying closer attention to the heal-dart lockon, and realized that you don't even need to be in iron-sights to achieve a lock. Simply center on a friendly from the hip and fire away (if you look closely, the hud on your sights will still light up with a green target lock. It is just easier to overlook when firing from the hip).

So far I've just been going 9mm>Medic pistol>Medic SMG>Medic Shotgun>Medic Rifle. With my final loadout being the medic rifle and medic shotgun for the boss fight. It works well, but I need to experiment with some other classes and some alternative weapon loadouts.

I've found it's a bit difficult to medic reliably on Hard before you're level 1 or 2 because your darts just don't respawn fast enough for a full team in many cases, but once you're at 3 (and especially once you can switch between weapons), the heals flow freely. Except for yourself.

The game doesn't seem to make it clear, but medic grenades (somewhat slowly) heal teammates. I think KF1 did the same, but they didn't have a special glow-y blue effect.

I just stick with the pistol until I can get the medic shotgun. I figured my teammates are there to do most of the killing. Just skip armor for 2 rounds or so and go straight shotgun. Then save for the rifle. Then you don't need to buy anything ever again. Medic tends to be strapped for cash early it seems, but once you have full weight and 3 healing guns, you can funnel money to other people (potentially people who died).

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    He certainly is killable before he drains a single person, and if the map geometry permits you can actually kite him forever when he's in the run at you to recharge state by running in circles around a small non-physics object. For example there's a little fountain in the courtyard behind one of the buildings in the paris map, or a crate in the top of the big donut room (that room you first walk into on map load) in the bio lab. The vans on paris and biolab are too big though, he'll catch up before you round the length-wise corners.

If those of you with servers could maybe PM @gunwarrior the addresses so he can add them to the OP that should help everyone favorite them pronto.

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    If those of you with servers could maybe PM @gunwarrior the addresses so he can add them to the OP that should help everyone favorite them pronto.

Done. Btw, banners are working now.

b_560_95_1.png

• Options
    envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    Online matchmaking is hit and miss. Was rudely told to eff off from a server I joined. I mean if you want to make it private then do so, but don't swear at people joining random open servers!

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Oh, hey, so they are.

b_560_95_1.png

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    Scrakes took 1.0x damage from explosives in kf1, but it wasn't worth using explosives against them. Their health pools were enormous, larger than FPs in the same game under certain circumstances, and explosives could wake them up from a stun. Fleshpounds, on the other hand, had 50% damage resistance against most effects and took ~200+% damage from most explosives. This made it more attractive for demos to save their ammo for packs of small mobs or fleshpounds because scrakes took more explosive damage to kill than anything else.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I almost feel like being on Normal is dangerously coddling me.

Might be time to step up to Hard tonight.

Especially since I now have Twitch figured out and should be able to stream the shenanigans to my friends, should any of them wish to see what the game is all about.

That said, I do like that Normal still feels like you need to work as a team in higher waves. Sure, everyone seems to just run off and kill shit on their own for the first few, but once you hit waves with Scrakes/FP's showing up, it's time to move as a team and cover one another.

It'll be interesting to see how things evolve on higher difficulties, especially with the often touted feature that changes up how some enemies behave on different difficulties.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    LilleDjevelLilleDjevel Registered User regular
    gunwarrior wrote: »

What I want to know is if he is actually unkillable until he has drained three people or if it is just hard to kill him before he drains someone. The patriarch went through a three-stage fight where he kept healing himself, but you can kill the Patriarch before he heals even once if everyone spikes him hard enough.

You can kill him without him getting to heal.

But it's pritty damn hard, you need a full team 5 guys constantly keeping faaaaaaar away and 1 dude running for his life breaking los as often as possible so he won't get jump grabed.

The rest need to stay so far away and with easy ways to break los that the boss won't agro them.

But this is harder than the normal way so just kite and heal and kill him like normal!

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,
    'til there's Fire in the Sky...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LilleDjevelLilleDjevel Registered User regular
    kaleedity wrote: »
    Scrakes took 1.0x damage from explosives in kf1, but it wasn't worth using explosives against them. Their health pools were enormous, larger than FPs in the same game under certain circumstances, and explosives could wake them up from a stun. Fleshpounds, on the other hand, had 50% damage resistance against most effects and took ~200+% damage from most explosives. This made it more attractive for demos to save their ammo for packs of small mobs or fleshpounds because scrakes took more explosive damage to kill than anything else.

Best gun vs fleshpounds used to be the harpoon, 4x amp. It was kinda stupid if you landed a few hits in his face with it.

The scrake dons't have any damage amps, he just got avg 200 body hp more than a fleshpound and 200 less head hp.

The fleshpound is pritty much buffed so a ss can't just headshot him from the other side of the map and kill him, and to make demo usefull.

God I miss the flespound only mutator...

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,
    'til there's Fire in the Sky...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Vrtra TheoryVrtra Theory Registered User regular
    Anyone know if they plan to bring this one to OSX as well? Either when it is finished, or earlier?

Are you a Software Engineer living in Seattle? HBO is hiring, message me.
  • Options
    Anyone know if they plan to bring this one to OSX as well? Either when it is finished, or earlier?

I can't find any official statement, but I'd assume they'll get around to it, considering they ported KF1 on OSX.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Arstechnica just posted this article about KF2:
    http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/04/killing-floor-2-eula-threatens-to-revoke-licenses-for-trolls/

Basically, Tripwire put this language in their EULA:
    "We also will not tolerate anyone using the game, or any servers or forums provided for the game, to be continually or repeatedly abusive to other players. This includes, but is not limited to, "griefing", racist bigotry, sexism or any other forms of "cyber bullying". We will also not tolerate anyone hosting servers for the game where such behaviors are continually or repeatedly allowed to take place.

If we find you are a Cheater or Abusive, we will revoke your CD key and ban you from the KF2 servers and tell your mom! Your license will automatically terminate, without notice, and you will have no right to play KF2 or any KF2 Mods against other players or make any other use of KF2. End of story."

:D

On a side note, some people posting comments on that story don't realize that this is basically an online-only game with no singleplayer campaign. "Oh noes, they will be locked out of the single player!" What single-player game?

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    And aside from some changes to the way things are worded this is basically the same EULA they've been putting out since they started selling retail games. This isn't some new thing that TWI just decided to start doing, neither is it uncommon with EULAs in general. Lots of them have conditions that claim the right to revoke licenses.

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    odd, I favorited all the PA servers but they don't show up in the fav tab :(

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Good to see the Killing Floor tradition of a barely functional server browser continues.

At least joining pub servers is easier.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Hopefully the browser will get a pass or two during early access.

• Options
    I forgot how obsessed with kills people are in this game.

I can decap a wave of zeds with my medic pistol and watch them start shambling to their demise....only for my entire team to stop what they are doing to run over to where I am and spam shotgun and machinegun fire at the headless bodies so that they can get the kills.

We then get overrun because the idiots completely neglected their own approaches.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    Drake wrote: »
    And aside from some changes to the way things are worded this is basically the same EULA they've been putting out since they started selling retail games. This isn't some new thing that TWI just decided to start doing, neither is it uncommon with EULAs in general. Lots of them have conditions that claim the right to revoke licenses.

Two relevant posts from Tripwire on the topic:
    People are worried that we can "take your game away". Well, yes, we can. We've sold around 10 million games over the last 10 years. We have, I believe, taken away games from about 2 people. One of those was later convicted as a hacker in court.
    So what does this mean? It just means that we wanted to make it clear where we stand. We don't have any intention (or the time, frankly) to start policing servers and hunting down people who use bad language at each other. Its there so that, if at some point in the future, some individual gets utterly out of control and is being abusive to enough thousands of people to come to our attention - we can actually take action. For the other 99.999% of the population - play on! We're not watching or tracking you or anything else. We have wayyyy better things to do - like making games.

• Options
    Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    I forgot how obsessed with kills people are in this game.

I can decap a wave of zeds with my medic pistol and watch them start shambling to their demise....only for my entire team to stop what they are doing to run over to where I am and spam shotgun and machinegun fire at the headless bodies so that they can get the kills.

We then get overrun because the idiots completely neglected their own approaches.

I'm new to KF, as in I've never played 1 and I just started playing 2 yesterday. I've been playing with two of my friends, one of which has a server. We exclusively play on hard (for now).

Even I know killing beheaded zeds is a waste of ammo and can set you up to get overrun or in a position where you are reloading instead of shooting and clearing a hole to safety.

On a somewhat related note, L4D never connected with me. I've been a zombie fan since I could pronounce the word (you could call me a zombie hipster - Return of the Living Dead is my favorite movie of all time), but I just couldn't get into the L4D games. KF2 has it's hooks in me and won't let go. I'll be playing long enough that I know the XP will come. I don't need to needlessly shoot everything for that dosh and XP boost. There is time for that. :)

SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
  • Options
    subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Ratsult2 wrote: »
    People are worried that we can "take your game away". Well, yes, we can. We've sold around 10 million games over the last 10 years. We have, I believe, taken away games from about 2 people. One of those was later convicted as a hacker in court.

I can't even imagine how bad the other guy must have been. Like time travelling Hitler bad.

subedii on
  • Options
    Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    Have they given any indication on when we can expect more classes/maps?

• Options
    edited April 2015
    I don't know...but god I hope we get sharpshooter soon. Scrakes and FP's seem to absorb ridiculous amounts of fire. I can't really tell if they're fine or in a bad place without their natural predator in the game.

Most teams either need to waste a ton of ammo with an AA12 firing line. I think a zerker with a pulverizer and perfect parries can eventually take them down, but it takes forever.

Although I did have a pretty badass moment where I spawned into a round late and parried a scrake with my little scalpel while everyone else filled him full of lead. (for the peanut gallery, I pulled agro in the first place because I had just found a kevlar vest on the ground and everyone else's armor was exhausted).

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    gunwarriorgunwarrior Registered User regular
    Jumped into solo suicidal for giggles with my level 12 commando

Holy shit

• Options
    envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    Well I'll remember the dude who was really rude to me the other day and report him if I see it happen again.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    I'm still trying to find my preferred Medic loadout.

The starting pistol is super legit. It seems like it headcaps anything weaker than a bloat/husk/siren in one headshot.

I really like the SMG. The recoil is super controllable on that thing. I'm reminded of the bullpup in KF1. An agile headcapping machine. On a performance per dosh scale, I think I like the SMG more than any other medic gun. My only issue is that it takes a lot of ammo to decap a siren/husk. Although I can't really complain about that, it is an SMG after all....I just feel that if I don't take the sirens/husks out, then nobody will (curse you pubbies). If only I could pair the SMG with a LAR....

I've been experimenting with the Pulverizer a bit. Parries and heavy attacks seem like the best bet for trying to solo a scrake. I just need to practice reading the scrakes attacks to get better at it and hope that the pubbies can keep the trash off of me while I dance with the scrake (HA, like that's going to happen!).

I might also try experimenting with the nailgun with my medic. It seems like it hits pretty hard. When playing in solo as a zerker to practice some parrying, I noticed that it seemed to stagger bloats? Not so useful against bloats, but I need to check if the nails will stagger husks and prevent them from getting their attacks off. Also, that huge burst attack tears things apart at point blank range.

I just dinged level 10 tonight on my medic. As far as perks are concerned, I've been starting with the free body armor for wave 1 and then swapping to "regenerate aromr on heals." It works on self heals and healing grenades too. With a self heal, I regen 3 points of armor (I guess it rounds up). It also regens armor instantly, so I can stack up armor on a critically wounded friendly by hitting them with a series of darts (2 points of armor per dart with someone who has 100 max armor). Supposedly this stacks with the "vaccination perk" (which increases an ally's max armor capacity), but I don't have that perk yet.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Medic loadout for me has being medic pistol, shotgun and fill with either the SMG or an off class weapon for more punch.

In general I find the shotguns great at allowing the medic to very quickly clear out groups that are swarming them. While it's got shit all ammo that should be fine in a decent team because you can focus on healing them and keeping yourself safe while they more actively kill things.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    So I tanked everything graphics wise, turned off everything I could and set everything else to low. The game runs a whole lot smoother now.

I wonder what I'm missing out on though. Oh well.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Medic weapons are really strong but they don't scale.
    All classes get +percentage to weapon, and/or +penetration per level, medic weapon instead start high and gain nothing.
    So at L0 the medic class is pretty strong but it only gets stronger defensively.
    This is actually a decent move, it motivates people to play the class even if they don't 'main' it and when you switch over to it you don't feel useless, and a decent run shouldn't be left without a medic.

Tagging dying mobs during lulls is actually a decent strat, it gives out xp to everyone who hurts the zed and I think more dosh overall too. Of course you need to be aware of what to target when things get intense.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    Unless you are a berserker, then you just push everything out of your way with your hammer, all the time.

Also, any tips on the Eviscerator? Can you even parry with it?

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    I do miss having the community weapons. The Scythe and the Claymore were funsies.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow