Options

[WOW] 6.0 Out now! Blizzcon INC Nov 7+8!

• Options
    AcharenusAcharenus Registered User regular
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »
    To be fair, ask 10 WoW players what they want from an expac, and you'll get 13 answers.

And all of them will be pissed at you when you come out with new content.

That wouldn't be the question though. Tell them flying mounts will be worthless for an expansion and I'm fairly sure you'll get a near unanimous response.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Acharenus wrote: »
    To be fair, ask 10 WoW players what they want from an expac, and you'll get 13 answers.

And all of them will be pissed at you when you come out with new content.

That wouldn't be the question though. Tell them flying mounts will be worthless for an expansion and I'm fairly sure you'll get a near unanimous response.

Not really, there's a fairly substantial population of players who hate flying and think it has Ruined The Game™

The problem is that given that they have been making asshatted decisions that are anti-alt, anti-nonraider, and seem to be convinced that this is exactly what 'the community' wants means they obviously have no grip on what even a slight majority of players desire as far as general content and rewards go...I don't see any reason to believe that 'the community' in their mind is something actually representative of the actual playerbase.

So if the same people who hate flying happen to be the same people who they believe are the ones who want the shitty dungeon/lfr decisions in WoD, we're screwed.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    I'm confused, is WoD totally anti-flying mount, or only until you reach cap, or are some zones like Timeless Isle?

• Options
    I'm confused, is WoD totally anti-flying mount, or only until you reach cap, or are some zones like Timeless Isle?

No flying at all; 6.1 will be the earliest they might introduce it but they're 'waiting to see how it goes'. I.E. the continent is still designed to allow flying, but for the foreseeable future it will be disabled with no firm timeframe on enabling it.

• Options
    Is that substantial populace the same that flock to the forums every expansion since bc?

Because all indications I see in game are quite the opposite.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Is that substantial populace the same that flock to the forums every expansion since bc?

Yes.

EDIT: I.E. the same people who think LFR has Ruined The Game™
    Casuals have Ruined The Game™
    Everything since Vanilla has Ruined The Game™
    Anything that anyone but them can have access to has Ruined The Game™

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Well, that really sucks. I understand not having flying until cap, and I understand certain zones work better being nonflying.... but that's just ridiculous.

• Options
    To be fair and amend my previous statement a bit; there are certainly level headed people who aren't huge fans of flying and won't mind if it doesn't return. Not everyone who is anti-flying is an asshole poopsocker; but those same people aren't the Ruined The Game™ types, they just have a reasoned different viewpoint.

They also don't scream on the official forums.

• Options
    lowlylowlycooklowlylowlycook Registered User regular
    Uh not to interrupt all this new expansion talk but I've made a terrible mistake and resubbed to this game.

I blame it on Dan from GiantBomb and his hilarious incompetence. Basically, if you watch him then you think to yourself, "Compared to Dan, I'm the worlds #1 WoW player. It's practically criminal for me to not be playing."

Then I log in and it's more like "Fuck. I have a billion semi useful buttons to press and just thinking about setting up a half-decent UI will take hours. Fuck."

steam_sig.png
    (Please do not gift. My game bank is already full.)
  • Options
    OldSlackerOldSlacker Registered User regular
    Uh not to interrupt all this new expansion talk but I've made a terrible mistake and resubbed to this game.

I blame it on Dan from GiantBomb and his hilarious incompetence. Basically, if you watch him then you think to yourself, "Compared to Dan, I'm the worlds #1 WoW player. It's practically criminal for me to not be playing."

Then I log in and it's more like "Fuck. I have a billion semi useful buttons to press and just thinking about setting up a half-decent UI will take hours. Fuck."
    Nah, just visit Icy Veins site and see which 8 buttons you will need to see 99.99% of content.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    IF, and that's a big if, a superior questing experience is reliant on not having flying, then I'm on board. But, the whole questing thing kind of falls apart when they don't just unlock flying at max level like they did in Wrath and Panda, and it worked fine then. I will concede that it likely was a detriment to the areas in Cataclysm, for the reasons they tend to cite (simply flying from point A to point B and ignoring everything in between) but, I mean, in my opinion they messed with perfection after Wrath, where flying was handled superbly for mains and alts

• Options

Unfortunately, you picked possibly the worst time to come back to the game, from this perspective. :p

WoD release will feature a pretty substantial ability pruning to clean up hotbars, as well as an introductory experience for boosted level 90s that gradually familiarizes them to the class

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    A story beat I personally would have used for this stuff would have been to make that they're invading our world an unintended mistake, a byproduct of the magic used to send Garrosh back in the first place. It makes more sense if they intended to go to an untouched Azeroth and take it over rather than go back to the Azeroth that just kicked Garrosh's ass. If they went that route, the Blasted Lands lead up quests would involve the Iron Horde being baffled that they're getting their asses kicked due to unexpected resistance rather than the uninhabited marsh they'd been told they were going to arrive at.

• Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    Does your character have mining? I wonder if the huge yield is due to that if so.
    Nope, that was the other thing that was shocking to me because I thought the same thing. This is on a level 100 premade who has alchemy and herbalism.
    Javen wrote: »
    Halfmex wrote: »
    So, something about the garrison I noticed with regard to materials/professions:

The mine you get (or can get, not sure if it's a plug or required addition) generates an absolutely absurd amount of ore daily, or at least I believe it's daily. In just one pass through my mine, I netted 220 True Iron ore (the standard ore in WoD) and 142 Blackrock ore (the 'special' ore in WoD). That's on one character. Unless crafted items are going to require an insane number of materials, I can't imagine there's going to be much use to having at least mining on any of my characters. If you can get a similar amount of resources via skinning and herbing in the garrison, I can't see how anyone would be able to turn much of a profit on the AH with those resources.

I have a feeling the materials acquired are going to be toned down. In Nagrand, I'm currently getting 12-20 skins per mob, and 5 blue furs when I use the daily skill.

I have to imagine so, there's just no way it would go live in this state, or at least stay as-is without some hotfixing after go-live (much like the rapid over-spawning of Heartbloom and other herbs in Deepholm when Cata launched). It would absolutely decimate the market value of those materials.

• Options
    Garrisons are going to definitely have that effect somewhat, which is a good thing if you ask me. Also I think stacking to 200 and having a separate materials bank is going to cause less buybuybuy/sellsellsell and a lot more hoarding. Between the changes there, as well as changes with socketing and glyphs, it'll definitely be interesting to see what changes the auction house will take place

Didn't they also say they want to merge the auction houses and just make a single one for everyone? Was it an announced change, or just something they said they would like to do one day, and is suddenly possible now with the connected realms?

• Options
    I'm almost certain it was an announced thing they were going through with...maybe even as early as 6.0

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014

Yes.

EDIT: I.E. the same people who think LFR has Ruined The Game™
    Casuals have Ruined The Game™
    Everything since Vanilla has Ruined The Game™
    Anything that anyone but them can have access to has Ruined The Game™

I don't think any of those things but I am firmly in the camp that thinks that adding flying at all was a mistake. You can't put that cat back in the bag though.

EDIT: I see that you've made a subsequent post acknowledging the existence of folks like me.

Dr_Keenbean on
    PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    You know, they might as well have pushed the xpack another month just so it could be released on 12/13/14

because.

• Options
    Maybe someone with a better memory can inform me:

With the Garrosh heirloom changes happening with 6.0, is the first guaranteed heirloom drop only if you haven't gotten one up to that point? Because I've got one dagger, but I definitely don't think I'm going to get the other one, unless it's brute-forced somehow

• Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    CE details:
    The Warlords of Draenor Collector’s Edition includes:

World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor — Get the full version of Warlords of Draenor on DVD-ROM.
    Behind-the-Scenes DVD and Blu-ray Two-Disc Set — Meet the development team behind the creation of Draenor and its savage warlords. This two-disc set includes over an hour of creators’ commentary, insider interviews, and developer roundtables.
    Collector’s Edition Soundtrack — Immerse yourself in the sounds of war with the complete Warlords of Draenor orchestral soundtrack on CD.
    The Art of Warlords of Draenor — Witness the visual evolution of the expansion in this beautifully bound tome of exclusive Warlord of Draenor art. Through 160 pages of concept pieces, finished illustrations, and CG images, you'll delve into the art team’s vision for a Draenor under siege by the apocalyptic threat of the Iron Horde.
    Blackhand Mouse Pad — Arm yourself with a special-edition mouse pad emblazoned with the deadly warlord Blackhand.
    Epic In-Game Content
    World of Warcraft Dread Raven Mount and Dread Hatchling Pet — Descend from the skies on the back of a black-winged Dread Raven mount, a mortal progeny of Anzu. Then devour your prey in your next pet battle with the adorably ferocious Dread Hatchling.
    StarCraft II Portraits — Summon the strength of two deadly Iron Horde war chiefs—Grommash Hellscream and Blackhand—as you take on the Dominion with these two StarCraft II portraits.
    Diablo III Warsong Pennant — Don this battle-worn pennant and channel the rage of the Warsong Clan against the demonic forces of Sanctuary.
    Hearthstone Card Back — Your adventures in Draenor will be the talk of the tavern after outfitting your champion’s deck with this custom card back forged in the fires of Blackrock.

Remember, one character boost to level 90 is included in the Collector’s Edition, retail and digital standard editions, and Digital Deluxe Edition of the Warlords of Draenor expansion. For more information on the content and features, check out our Warlords of Draenor web page.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Pretty much exactly what was expected, and pretty much exactly why I pay for them. :P

EDIT: aside from the physical stuff, that's identical to the Digital Deluxe, right?

Well...hmmm..that hearthstone card back looks new too.

EDIT EDIT: Picture for those more visually inclined:
    wodCE.jpg

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    edited August 2014
    You know, I'd probably pay real life money to be able to customize my Orc Warrior to have an innate bladefist.

EDIT: Also, I need to start farming Gorehowl for said warrior.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    Didn't they also say they want to merge the auction houses and just make a single one for everyone? Was it an announced change, or just something they said they would like to do one day, and is suddenly possible now with the connected realms?

The last I read on it, the plan was to connect the Horde and Alliance auction houses on each battlegroup. The 'totally unified AH across all servers' thing was an option that they were keeping in their back pocket in case the upcoming model doesn't prove useful/effective enough for players.

• Options
    I think i might actually prefer it by battle group, because I remember how tedious it was to browse the early D3 auction house. Though if anything hopefully the massive scale would allow single persons to manipulate prices

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    So apparently the server merge entailed moving my server's data center to LA from Phoenix. This had the effect of resetting all the raid ID's. So now we're re-clearing the stuff we cleared last night and losing time on Blackfuse because of it.

Slim chance of Warforge in 10m but maybe Noru will give me a sword now?

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    MMOChamp mentions that at launch the only scenarios will apparently be those solo-quest ones like at Throne of Thunder.

Anybody in the beta know if you can still continue to queue for the MoP ones, or if they all go away when you ding 91?

• Options
    None of them are active on the beta, even at 90, so no idea

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Prequel to the WoD Cinematic:
    garrosh-vader.png

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    Having no real knowledge of his role in WoD, except I guess having a hand in Garrosh going free?, I'm not seeing anything really that would indicate him becoming a big bad, really; just that he needs to do some growing up and understanding the mistakes his father made and not repeating that.

I don't doubt we'll fight him at some point, but not as a bad guy, really.

He directly helps Garry escape from Pandas.

This kind of jives with Wrathion at the end of the legendary quest chain where he explains that he was secretly pulling for Varian all along, and was hoping instead of sparing Orgimmar he would conquer and unite the Horde against the Legion.

Well he wasn't at the beginning. He started out hoping Garrosh and the Horde would conquer the Alliance, but then changed his mind when he saw the Horde split and rebel against him.

After what happens in the end of the expansion and his attitude at the end of the quest chain, sending Garrosh back in time to get a Horde that wouldn't object to conquering all of Azeroth under one rule would be just the kind if thing he thinks the world needs to make it strong enough for whatever he thinks is coming.

• Options
    Someone refresh my memory: what bosses must be defeated to fight Prince in Kara?

Chess event, for sure, what else?

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Someone refresh my memory: what bosses must be defeated to fight Prince in Kara?

Chess event, for sure, what else?

Chess, Curator, theater, and Moroes (you need Moroes to activate the theater event) are the definitive ones I know of. Even Curator might be optional, but if I remember he has a crazy aggro range and also sees stealth

EDIT: Speaking of which, has anyone tried out the method used for clearing the chess event in that blue post highlighting Kara last week? I want to try it

Javen on
  • Options
    Not sure what method that is, but I just did the chess event, still super easy to solo. Doesn't feel any different than when I was collecting T4 on my pally an xpack or two ago.

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    I haven't been to Kara since I got Attumen mount and all the pets in early mop, but I would imagine you can one or two shot most bosses now. Why even try to sneak past curator?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    You know, I'd probably pay real life money to be able to customize my Orc Warrior to have an innate bladefist.

EDIT: Also, I need to start farming Gorehowl for said warrior.

Fairchild on
  • Options
    Chess event was so annoying to solo, but it should be much easier with some of those AoE heal seeds you can get on Timeless Isle.
    Managed to get a beta key and... Thrall, why did you shave your head?

• Options
    The most health anything has in there is about 850k. It's hilarious.

I just wanted to check for next week when I go again the minimum I need to do because I don't need the rep on my warrior, and I don't like Warrior T4; I just want Gorehowl.

• Options
    SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    So, I have some new gear: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/sentinels/kalorie/simple

Challenge modes done. What a rush. Got the guild the little hatchling pet, too.

And screw the Brewery.

edit: Make sure you bring Darkwater Potions in addition to invis potions. There's no way we would have cleared the Brewery without the speed boost, and they STACK with feathers, rocket boots, etc.

Samphis on
  • Options
    I'm getting it done Sunday on my Pally, hopefully.

Sadly, I'm resorting to paying (gold) for it, but it seems like a pretty reputable group, and it'll be nice to just have the whole CM stuff off my mind before 6.0 goes live.

• Options
    Where do you find these gold runs? I'm probably also gonna resort to cashing out for CMs, but I can't seem to see any on EU realms.

• Options
    I just found some folks on my servers forums.

I'm not sure where you'd normally go.

This discussion has been closed.