As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Actual Webcomics Thread, And Its Evil Twin Brother, Homestuck

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »
    The complaints I've heard most about it are:

1. Doesn't create any long-lasting solutions (which fundraising efforts by themselves do though?)
    2. Wastes a lot of fresh water when a lot of the world doesn't have any, which, eh, could be legitimate?
    3. arglebargle

Don't forget this:
    http://beforeitsnews.com/prophecy/2014/08/satanic-ritual-taking-over-usa-ice-bucket-challenge-illuminati-satanist-ritual-purifying-america-before-the-great-human-sacrifice-shocking-videos-2463856.html

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    New Dawngate Chronicles, now with more SCIENCE!
    ZQT5PC66FX.jpg

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    174.jpg
    Hole in the roof, oh no. Oh no, I should go to bed.

By the way, since so many were hoping for some Lalli mage action during the incident but didn't get any: sorry! But there's really not much he could have done there, soul-guiding or attack-wise because of reasons. But the nature of his (and other mages') capabilities will of course be revealed in more detail down the road, particularly after we've got our second mage tagging along. For now his moon spell is all we've got on the issue. ^_^'

People thought Lalli gonna do some battle-mage stuff? I thought that the page giving an overview on mages pretty much said that they only have passive abilities.

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    Moth 13 wrote: »
    2014-08-31-28p12.jpg
    That's a real White House security feature, btw.

2014-09-01-28p13.jpg
    Ooh! Temperatures!

The Adventures of Dr. McNinja

TEMPERATURES MATTER

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Concerning SSSS, I know I should accept suspension of disbelief but my brain is still bugged by that fleshy mass just punching through steel.

Heck I have about zero expertise on these things which usually causes these nagging issues. It could even be doable but I just need to say "nuh uh."

Please continue, I'm still intrigued.

• Options
    MachwingMachwing It looks like a harmless old computer, doesn't it? Left in this cave to rot ... or to flower!Registered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »
    Concerning SSSS, I know I should accept suspension of disbelief but my brain is still bugged by that fleshy mass just punching through steel.

Heck I have about zero expertise on these things which usually causes these nagging issues. It could even be doable but I just need to say "nuh uh."

Please continue, I'm still intrigued.

you can cut steel with water: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crgujRcyhhE

yeah getting through steel with flesh doesn't make sense but it's not like, physically impossible

l3icwZV.png
  • Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    It looks like the monster broke open a buzzsaw

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    The monsters have bones too. Not that it will help much, but it's better than mere flesh.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Also remember that it had the weight of its full body behind it, and we don't know how big the thing is.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Maybe they're just terrible at building trains

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Given that half the world is gone, along with the huge access to infrastructure that that entails, it's a small miracle they have armoured trains running to begin with.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    THESPOOKY wrote: »
    It looks like the monster broke open a buzzsaw

Well it could have used it's body to jam it.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    2014-09-02-pology.png

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Brolo wrote: »

Do you know why nature did not make a ewok? because it would be wiped out fairly quickly

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Because they were delicious.

• Options
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Because they were delicious.

A kawaii dinner hmmm

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    Psykoma wrote: »
    The complaints I've heard most about it are:

1. Doesn't create any long-lasting solutions (which fundraising efforts by themselves do though?)
    2. Wastes a lot of fresh water when a lot of the world doesn't have any, which, eh, could be legitimate?
    3. arglebargle

Don't forget this:
    http://beforeitsnews.com/prophecy/2014/08/satanic-ritual-taking-over-usa-ice-bucket-challenge-illuminati-satanist-ritual-purifying-america-before-the-great-human-sacrifice-shocking-videos-2463856.html

The actual issue with the ALS charity stuff is that it's a single-issue cure charity.

They sure as hell aren't actively bad, or anything. But writing a check to the NIH (or lobbying your congressperson to increase those funds) is more likely to do long-term good.

Hell, I would say increasing the pool of available research money would also be more likely to cure ALS than donating to specific cure charities, no matter how well they spend the money.

You don't discover penicillin by cutting all research funding across the board and then starting a "cure bacterial infections" charity. You find it because you have a lot of people working in a lot of fields and one of them stumbles upon something that is really interesting and follows up.

Which I mean fuck, it's not like it's actively bad bad they're making an effort to do a good thing. It just is not something I am particularly overjoyed to see. Private charity just shouldn't even need to be a thing when it comes to curing disease. Curing disease should be what we do as a nation because it's a uniformly good thing that we agree public funds should be used to do.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Well unless you convince the teaparty curing disease will kill brown people and get them gold thats not happening anytime soon

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    wait the A in ALS doesn't stand for Alchemy?

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Kana wrote: »

Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), often referred to as Lou Gehrig\'s Disease
    It also affects Stephen Hawking

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Kana wrote: »

Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), often referred to as Lou Gehrig\'s Disease
    It also affects Stephen Hawking

no, see, it's a joke...

cuz he mentioned gold

and historically alchemists were trying to change base elements like lead into...

sigh

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Silly alchemists

You lead into uranium using time spheres.

Chronoists for life

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    CreaganCreagan Registered User regular
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    mug_zps812087c6.jpg

I know it's from Zazzle, but I wants it.

Taramoor on
  • Options
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Creagan wrote: »
    sfp-5-42-for-web.png

hardcore water balloon fighting

• Options
    Naw Extreme Glitter Bombing

• Options
    My first thought was some kind of chemical solution that bursts into flames upon contact with air, or sticky glue-like solution for restraining people.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    they're gonna have a paintball fight

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    It's obvious they are going for that ghost girl so paint balling her would help mark her out for others
    That was the joke about how glitter would be far more effective than paint

• Options
    edited September 2014
    If they're going after Moonshadow, they should be protecting their necks better. She used a knife in all her attacks. And I fail to see the need for a gas mask, or three vehicles of the exact same make.

Personally, I think this looks like an organized operation focusing on more than one super. Moonshadow is probably on the target list, but I seriously doubt they're going after just her. (Also, it's almost 4am my time and my brain isn't really registering humor at the moment.)

Creagan on
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    If they're going after Moonshadow, they should be protecting their necks better. She used a knife in all her attacks. And I fail to see the need for a gas mask, or three vehicles of the exact same make.
    You probably do not want to inhale the powder that's making her visible. And all secret government people drive the same car, it's the rule.

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    TB_02_083.png

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    sotr20140902.png
    And where pray tell you would have kept it?

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    God, every new page of the current Blindsprings bit just makes me more nervous.

I swear, I'm going to have a heart attack before this chapter is over.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    God, every new page of the current Blindsprings bit just makes me more nervous.

I swear, I'm going to have a heart attack before this chapter is over.

Yeah, this story is making me super uncomfortable. The fact that the academics are 90% men and the orphics 90% women makes it all the more creepy.

• Options
    Coinage wrote: »
    You probably do not want to inhale the powder that's making her visible. And all secret government people drive the same car, it's the rule.

Do we know she's using a powder? I don't remember that being mentioned.

This discussion has been closed.