Options

Samurai [chat]

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    msmya wrote: »
    No but really , some of these people make it really hard for us to guess who it is; the guessing game of who it is. (Group pic)

And i would say a good portion of these pics are of a man and his dog, or man with another girl, sometimes two (one on each arm) , or a fish. Or with their grandma. Or heavy boozing.

Same thing for girls. Lots of group pics or them boozing it up heavily.

My friend "no'd" every girl that had perfect makeup on.

Group pictures on dating websites are odd.

Are you trying to say that you're never alone? Or are you trying to appear cute by comparison?

• Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
  • Options
    msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    Fun-sized the way I intended was small, short, tiny.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    What do you call a cow with only two legs?
    Lean beef

What do you call a cow with no legs?
    Ground beef
    What do you call a cow that has just had an abortion?
    Decalfinated

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    _J_ wrote: »
    No but really , some of these people make it really hard for us to guess who it is; the guessing game of who it is. (Group pic)

And i would say a good portion of these pics are of a man and his dog, or man with another girl, sometimes two (one on each arm) , or a fish. Or with their grandma. Or heavy boozing.

Are you trying to say that you're never alone? Or are you trying to appear cute by comparison?

It's for those that like to gamble.

There's two yeses and one no in that photo. I like those odds

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    a
    (my comment was to ronaldo because I have lost the ability to quote. also, my hands are huge; they can touch anything except for themselves.)

Are your hands magnets?!

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    Lean beef

Ground beef
    Decalfinated

You are a bad person.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Fun-sized the way I intended was small, short, tiny.

Oh like a Mars bar.

That is obvious but I just didn't get there. I presumed it was about weight.

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

"If I am to mysteriously vanish, people will notice"

Move to New Zealand
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Lean beef

Ground beef
    Decalfinated

These are udderly ridiculous.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular

I appreciate people who are too dumb to realize that there's no way for me to realize which person they are in their picture

it means I can safely write them off and continue finding more interesting ladies to never actually get around to messaging instead

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    knitdan wrote: »
    Lean beef

Ground beef
    Decalfinated

I am not amoosed

Move to New Zealand
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular

the trick is to yes every person and see what kind of weirdo yes's you back

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    people look prettier in crowds

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    ugh time to go to work

kill me

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    a
    (my comment was to ronaldo because I have lost the ability to quote. also, my hands are huge; they can touch anything except for themselves.)

Are your hands magnets?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQGzEIJaEVE

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    ronya wrote: »

I look prettier emerging from the shadows of an empty street on a quiet night.

At least this is what the hobos say.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Mickey, no! A fish could not survive in tap water!

Gim on
  • Options
    Mortious wrote: »
    knitdan wrote: »
    Lean beef

Ground beef
    Decalfinated

I am not amoosed
    Trying to milk this for all it's worth, but no other chatters seem to want to take the bull by the horns.

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7BQRGXFLJs

• Options
    msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    It's hard to start off a conversation on tinder.

Maybe mention something about what's in the background , but that's about it.

Also , I'm noticing that I need to keep reminding myself that not everyone knows what in talking about when I try to explain to them what my job is. Not everyone is working in my industry and know what what I mean. I think I've been hanging out with coworkers a lot lately so I never needed to worry or explain stuff. It's weird going outside my bubble.

msmya on
  • Options
    that cartoon was really weird

especially when the fish cooks itself

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Incenjucar wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7BQRGXFLJs

Well I am hot for secrets. :winky:

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular

Always good to have at least one photo on a dating profile that shows you have friends.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options

Daffy Duck would have accidentally cooked himself with slightly more panache.

I kind of liked it, though. Certainly not an old-school flavor of Disney but amusing nonetheless.

• Options
    Also , I'm noticing that I need to keep reminding myself that not everyone knows what in talking about when I try to explain to them what my job is. Not everyone is working in my industry and know what what I mean. I think I've been hanging out with coworkers a lot lately so I never needed to worry or explain stuff. It's weird going outside my bubble.
    I think this is true for most people.

"I manage [Instrument Name]'s Design History File"

"I am in Quality"

"I'm a solicitor"

"I film myself wanking onto brand new gadgets"

All people really want is to know which industry and whether you're doing the sexy bit (to which the answer is inevitably no)

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    I watched the first Agents of SHIELD tonight. It seemed pretty decent, honestly, although forcedly glib banter is not my ideal tone. The introductions of the various characters were necessarily really truncated and super-artificial but I thought they managed to fit some decent stuff in there. Coulson's humanism and general decency is a particularly welcome touch; I am intensely suspicious of narratives that uncritically celebrate Hard Men Making Hard Choices and all that kind of post-9/11 bullshit.

On a more nerdly level, I enjoy the kind of worldbuildy touches of showing how people are reacting to things like the events of Avengers and the knowledge that aliens and superheroes are real. I don't want the show to fall too far down that rabbit hole, because that's not really a story about a real thing (in the same way that I might not be hugely invested in a story entirely about people's responses to learning that dragons are real) but, applied with a light touch, it lends a welcome sense that this is a living, ongoing place.

Three wacky scientist/hacker characters is really gilding the lily. And it sure would be nice, with this many people, to have someone above the age of 50 in the cast, kind of like real spies?

The final showdown happening at LA's Union Station gave me weird flashbacks to GTA San Andreas, LA Noire, and every other video game I've had a gun battle in that station in. It is a source of endless amusement and wonder to me that, never having been to Los Angeles in my life, I've become so familiar with its geography and landmarks purely by marinating in media.

A lot of people complained about it but they're dumb. It REALLY picks up for the second half of the season, and fits in wonderfully with the movies as they came out. If you haven't seen Captain America 2, stop at the episode called "The End of the Beginning" and watch Cap 2, then continue. There are big Cap 2 spoilers in the episode after that.

This is the first show in a very long time where I was yelling and cheering at the screen. :)

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    If I were to give a summary of my hopefully health-enhancing lifestyle changes in the last six weeks, would fit and/or swole [chat] tell me how wrong I'm doing it?

• Options
    edited August 2014
    t h i s i s n o t t h e m o v i e t h r e a d

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    Gim wrote: »

Daffy Duck would have accidentally cooked himself with slightly more panache.

I kind of liked it, though. Certainly not an old-school flavor of Disney but amusing nonetheless.

it's definitely a very nice cartoon in the classic sense

i seriously appreciate that.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Bad coffee or no coffee?

an eternal struggle

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Variable wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Bad coffee or no coffee?

an eternal struggle
    I went with bad coffee.

NOW UPDATE YOUR RECORDS ACCORDINGLY

• Options
    There is a House Spider on my wall.

It's been eating Vicodin like candy and being a jerk and just diagnosed my headache as remnants of my twin that I absorbed in the womb.

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I am going to do that thing where I lay in bed with my eyes closed and imagine I am Nightcrawler.

Night, [chat]

Nightcrawler_bamf.jpeg

• Options
    I am going to do that thing where I lay in bed with my eyes closed and imagine I am Nightcrawler.

Night, [chat]

Nightcrawler_bamf.jpeg

try to avoid that hell dimension.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    You know, since Nightcrawler's BAMF leaves behind a sulfurous cloud, he's basically a fart goblin. Just exploding into fart clouds all over the place. BAMF BAMF BAMF BAMF BAMF

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Every morning when I get the train there is an announcement about the train preceding mine: "Please stand back from the platform edge. The next train does not stop here"

And every morning a group of people advance and stand right at the platform edge and look surprised and confused when the train blows through without slowing and nearly takes a few limbs with it

It's the same people every time. I wonder what it's like to be surprised when you do the same thing over and over and get the same result

• Options
    japan wrote: »
    Every morning when I get the train there is an announcement about the train preceding mine: "Please stand back from the platform edge. The next train does not stop here"

And every morning a group of people advance and stand right at the platform edge and look surprised and confused when the train blows through without slowing and nearly takes a few limbs with it

It's the same people every time. I wonder what it's like to be surprised when you do the same thing over and over and get the same result

i can tell you.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Dear Stockholmers: it's tradition to let people exit the elevator before you attempt to rush on.

This discussion has been closed.