Options

Samurai [chat]

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    Every morning when I get the train there is an announcement about the train preceding mine: "Please stand back from the platform edge. The next train does not stop here"

And every morning a group of people advance and stand right at the platform edge and look surprised and confused when the train blows through without slowing and nearly takes a few limbs with it

It's the same people every time. I wonder what it's like to be surprised when you do the same thing over and over and get the same result

In their defence, it's the early morning. It's a miracle that nobody just shambles in front of the train.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    http://jezebel.com/disney-dudes-dicks-what-your-favorite-princes-look-lik-1621694437

this is fan-fucking tastic.

but i have no idea who to @ this to.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Are you off to Lon-Don again, japan? You seem to have started commuting there. From Birmingham. Which is a bold strategy.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Dear Stockholmers: it's tradition to let people exit the elevator before you attempt to rush on.

mrtarrows2.jpg

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    http://jezebel.com/disney-dudes-dicks-what-your-favorite-princes-look-lik-1621694437

Huh. Wouldn't have pegged Gaston as the type to shave so close. But here we are.

• Options
    ronya wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »
    Dear Stockholmers: it's tradition to let people exit the elevator before you attempt to rush on.

mrtarrows2.jpg

These people need to go to prison.

They always look so upset when people push them out of the way too

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    I can't sleep.

boo.

• Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    We are going to accept Japan as a refugee once the hated Salmond of the North awakes the ancient terror of the lochs

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    i just realized that there is a generation who prefers everything in video format. like when they click an article they get pissed that it's all words and prefer the video format.

i just became an old.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    i just realized that there is a generation who prefers everything in video format. like when they click an article they get pissed that it's all words and prefer the video format.

i just became an old.
    I had not realised this. I presumed videos in place of text pissed everybody off

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod

i just became an old.

shitty youtube tutorials where you have to watch ten minutes of shitty explanations of how to do something instead of 20 seconds reading a text to find the solution.

yeah, fuck off with that.

• Options

i just became an old.

newspaper-circ.jpg

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

i just became an old.
    I had not realised this. I presumed videos on place of text pissed everybody off

apparently as i just found out

the kids love it when it's a video.

i think these are the same people who only read cliff's notes.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    But video is worse in every respect!

It's slow, it's noisy, it might not work on my phone.

I suppose video is easier to make. Just record what you're doing and ramble incoherently through your nose. Maybe edit out the 90minute shit and burger break in the middle. Maybe just upload it without bothering.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    Agents of SHIELD picks up immensely in the last third of the series, but it is frequently iffy before that. You can see the season long arc once it's all done and understand why some things had to be kept entirely under wraps, but it doesn't make some of the boring episodes any more palatable.

It ends up being a really good show, but it was a bit of a rocky road getting there. By the end the characters are almost all interesting and have shown some range, but up until about halfway through the show I wouldn't have cared much if everyone bar Coulson and May was thrown into a wood chipper.

• Options
    Paid circulation? Is that newspaper circulation?

• Options
    Bogart wrote: »
    Agents of SHIELD picks up immensely in the last third of the series, but it is frequently iffy before that. You can see the season long arc once it's all done and understand why some things had to be kept entirely under wraps, but it doesn't make some of the boring episodes any more palatable.

It ends up being a really good show, but it was a bit of a rocky road getting there. By the end the characters are almost all interesting and have shown some range, but up until about halfway through the show I wouldn't have cared much if everyone bar Coulson and May was thrown into a wood chipper.

That sounds like a big investment to get to the quality.

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    gQaR1UQ.gif

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    That sounds like a big investment to get to the quality.

It's rarely actively bad, but it's often kinda mediocre. I dunno. The last eight or so episodes see a dramatic upturn in quality, and there are some decent episodes before then.

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    The worst is Yahoo. "Watch this adorable marmot lick a National Geographic camera." Click. "But first, some idiot who is pretending to be a TV personality is going to spend 20 - 30 seconds talking about the 15 second video before we let you see it!"

Fuck off, Yahoo.

I mean that with every fibre of my being.

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    i think i need to real world a bit more

never thought i'd say that but the way in which many internet people seem to discuss things like race or feminism (especially with the latter in regards to games and the games industry) is actually getting me down a bit

do not feel like i can relate to these people who enjoy many of the same things as me and it is super weird and uncool

all the zoe quinn stuff today and other stuff and can't we all be nicer or if not just be less quick to share our negative views on people we don't really know

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Normally a cough like this wouldn't be cause for a doctor's visit, but with music festivals, academic conferences and my graduation in the next two weeks, yeah it's probably worth getting checked out.

• Options
    GBe0RnL.jpg

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    If I were to give a summary of my hopefully health-enhancing lifestyle changes in the last six weeks, would fit and/or swole [chat] tell me how wrong I'm doing it?

Decided to H/A it instead.

• Options
    i once had a friend with a pretty severe stutter, he was a very nice lad and very popular

could not stop myself from trying to finish his sentences for him, knew it wasn't helping but could not stop myself all the same

he was super cool about it and very gracious in the face of my profuse apoligies

feel bad about it still.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    815165 wrote: »
    i once had a friend with a pretty severe stutter, he was a very nice lad and very popular

could not stop myself from trying to finish his sentences for him, knew it wasn't helping but could not stop myself all the same

he was super cool about it and very gracious in the face of my profuse apoligies

feel bad about it still.

I've got a comic friend with a pretty bad stutter. The thing is though, his act is so well prepared that he rarely stutters on stage, thus just making him look like a bit of a dick when he jokes about it.

• Options
    If I were to give a summary of my hopefully health-enhancing lifestyle changes in the last six weeks, would fit and/or swole [chat] tell me how wrong I'm doing it?

Decided to H/A it instead.

Forgive yourself the once weekly take-aways, if you're sticking to a decent diet the rest of the time they won't make a difference and allowing yourself these pleasures only makes you more likely to maintain your better lifestyle anyway.

• Options

feel bad about it still.

There's a guy at work who stutters, but he's also pretty boring. It's a bad combination.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

You may want to be explicit that this is NSFW.

I mean the URL implies it, but "dick" has non-reproductive implications as well so it's not absolute.

• Options
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    vaguely confused question:

does 30 reps really mean I think it means

just 30?

following these instructions always leaves me feeling like I've missed something

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Tav wrote: »

feel bad about it still.

I've got a comic friend with a pretty bad stutter. The thing is though, his act is so well prepared that he rarely stutters on stage, thus just making him look like a bit of a dick when he jokes about it.

this lad i knew would not stutter if he sang, a very pretty girl once sincerely asked him why he doesn't just sing all the time then

he handled it with much charm

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular

I mean the URL implies it, but "dick" has non-reproductive implications as well so it's not absolute.

I clicked that link and am now unemployed.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    I had a really bad stutter as a kid. I got over most of it, but I still stammer from time to time.

However, for the longest time I couldn't speak English at all. I was great at it, I just couldn't speak it. My throat just locked up. I had all these mental tricks to avoid stuttering in Swedish, but I didn't have them for English.

The thing that made me get over that and finally be able to actually speak English?

World of Warcraft. It just didn't work to stop and stand still and type shit in raids. Eventually I got over it.

• Options
    this lad i knew would not stutter if he sang, a very pretty girl once sincerely asked him why he doesn't just sing all the time then

he handled it with much charm

I did silly voices to get over my stuttering when I started school. Couldn't get a word out otherwise.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    evilbob wrote: »

I clicked that link and am now unemployed.

I was unemployed before clicking on it but I will file legal action regardless

• Options
    ronya wrote: »
    vaguely confused question:

does 30 reps really mean I think it means

just 30?

following these instructions always leaves me feeling like I've missed something

Yes, although you usually get a number of "sets" which are repeats of those reps after a little rest.

• Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    I had a semi-bad stutter as a kid. I had some in-school speech therapy for a few years. It just kind of went away by the time I was 11 or 12.

Now I am an accomplished titan of industry, a thought leader in my field, and a pillar of the community.
    None of those accomplishments are true, I think the stutter internalized itself and now I post on the internet when I should be sleeping.

• Options
    Tav wrote: »

There's this Swedish guy I can't remember the name of, but he's in a wheelchair.

Once he opened his act by sitting there on stage, making noises and movements as if he was severely mentally handicapped.

The audience sat there in a shocked silence. Then he went "No,but really..." and started his real set.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    isn't metal gear solid 5 out? and isn't it literally like 2 hours long?

I don't know if I have seen a single person talk about it here in chat. are even the hardcore kojima bros just kind of pretending it doesn't exist?

I thought surrealitycheck‌ said it was the bestest thing ever?

I hear the gameplay for those 2 hours total bugnuts crazypants awesome and not the usual Kojima slog through endless cutscenes with horrible voice acting and worse writing.

nonono

dat was metal gear rising

from last yeer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFThn13S47A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keobzgdDY-E

obF2Wuw.png
This discussion has been closed.