Options

sniped [chat]

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Guys'a fucking lowlife. That's all I'll say on the matter.

I <3 you spool

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    can I make an old man request and just ask people type out the gist of twitter convos so I don't have to decipher it

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    Belasco32Belasco32 Registered User regular
    Belasco32 wrote: »
    spool's daughter is far more concerned about joining the Altar Guild at the local Episcopal Church when she gets up North than she is about politics. Plus *braces for spool to explode* she's crazy about this guy who lives in Australia and he's a proper hippy, though I do understand that he bathes regularly and has a job.

Wait, how can he be a proper hippie if he buys into capitalism and western standards of cleanliness?

He worships nature *shrug* and lives with his parents even though he's 21...though he's actually taking care of them since they're older, and...
    The whole American idea of kids needing to be out on their own by a certain age is deeply fucked up imho

• Options
    can I make an old man request and just ask people type out the gist of twitter convos so I don't have to decipher it

People be angry

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    kedinik wrote: »
    I roasted the two hatch chilies I had left in the fridge today. Made myself burrito fixings with them and some cube steak. Also beans and some rice which I made up Chipotle style with cilantro, lime and salt.

Those were not mild chilies. I would say mediums. Burned like hell for about 5 minutes.

They were wonderful.

And I have more than enough for a big burrito bowl for lunch tomorrow.

I harvested chilis from the garden today. Very hot. Maybe I'll grind them up into some tacos.

Tacos were my original plan or at least taco style meat.

But burritos were on hand and thus it became burrito night.

A reasonable decision in an unreasonable era.

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    like, am I supposed to read shit top down or bottom up? who started it? can anyone read this or is it personal and someone aired it?

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    The worst thing I have had is my mum believing the moon landings were faked. She isn't super insistent or nutty about it. She apparently just has a hard time believing we achieved space travel so soon after inventing powered flight.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    spool's daughter is far more concerned about joining the Altar Guild at the local Episcopal Church when she gets up North than she is about politics. Plus *braces for spool to explode* she's crazy about this guy who lives in Australia and he's a proper hippy, though I do understand that he bathes regularly and has a job.

Wait, how can he be a proper hippie if he buys into capitalism and western standards of cleanliness?

He worships nature *shrug* and lives with his parents even though he's 21...though he's actually taking care of them since they're older, and...
    The whole American idea of kids needing to be out on their own by a certain age is deeply fucked up imho

Its new.

Actually tends to exist mostly in the English speaking countries like Aussieland, the US, America's hat and so on.

Most of the world doesn't move out till they are getting married. Especially not women.

Almost all the women I dated in Japan lived with their folks and they had full time jobs making good money and so on.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular

But if we don't leave our children to fend for themselves on this mountain top they'll never build character

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    In short, he was a walking amalgam of Fox News content. While he clearly had underlying problems and the paranoid fantasies of the right were merely filling in the content for his delusions I honestly think that he is very close to the end result of someone, no matter how neurotypical, listening to Fox News and talk radio from Glenn Beck and his ilk every day for years on end.

http://www.salon.com/2014/02/27/i_lost_my_dad_to_fox_news_how_a_generation_was_captured_by_thrashing_hysteria/

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Australians are basically all criminals

they're descended from criminals anyway

by Klingon rules they're criminals

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »

But if we don't leave our children to fend for themselves on this mountain top they'll never build character

*agrees while kicking various children out of our house*

• Options

@simonwolf knows what he did.

• Options
    if my kids haven't mastered the 4 components of manhood (swiftness, force, strength, mysteriousness) by the time they are 18 I will be forced to enroll them in the army or just abort the failed experiment and start over

• Options

No helping spool's arguments in this! I think the guy is a nice kid, I've spoken with him, and he's coming to visit in January.

Which reminds me, anyone want to help me get a truckload of ductape to hold spool to his chair while the Aussie is here?

• Options
    edited August 2014
    I'm watching Cosmos with my mom

Neil Degrasse Tyson is talking about how natural selection caused eyes to come about, and my mom is randomly dispensing comments

"Bullshit"
    "Of course not, this guy's an idiot, who is he?"
    "THEN WHY DO FISH STILL EXIST"

it's adorable

I think this would cause me physical pain.

I'm calmly answering her questions

like, she's an intelligent woman but she clearly was never actually taught how natural selection works

For a minute there I was afraid she fell into the Fox News Creationist Collective.

well up until relatively recently she was a hardcore religious right fox newser

I've slowly indoctrinated her with liberal concepts (well I mean, the right wing did that all on its own, but her granddaughter getting cancer treatment on Obamacare punted her over to the left fully because she's internalized every lie about it as being a direct attack on her blood's life)

Now I'm trying to work on the religious part of it, or at least, make her less convinced that atheists "just hate god"

override367 on
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Basically she's at least getting three tattoos and maybe some of those trendy cheek gauges.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular

If you two need to talk to someone about this boy who is invariably going to be filling your daughter's head with all sorts of crazy ideas

I'd be happy to help but also find that hilarious

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    I'm watching Cosmos with my mom

Neil Degrasse Tyson is talking about how natural selection caused eyes to come about, and my mom is randomly dispensing comments

"Bullshit"
    "Of course not, this guy's an idiot, who is he?"
    "THEN WHY DO FISH STILL EXIST"

it's adorable

Oh my

Psn:wazukki
  • Options

No helping spool's arguments in this! I think the guy is a nice kid, I've spoken with him, and he's coming to visit in January.

Which reminds me, anyone want to help me get a truckload of ductape to hold spool to his chair while the Aussie is here?

I think in the olden days when a suitor would come to visit the parents would tie them up in individual burlap bags such that everything below the neck was inaccessible to the other party

you should look into that

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Brb getting some vegan recipes and introductory feminist literature together

• Options
    But really the idea of the nuclear family is post WWII intervention. Before that we tended to have folks living with extended family and such. Te nuclear style family was more the exception even into the 1940's.

Grandma use to live with you.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Oh please I'll be a model of courtesy. The daughter even has a great new book I can use in our discussions.

• Options

Let me give you my card

I'll take care of spool

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    "Where's the caar?"

"Where's the caaar?"

Gets me every time.

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular

just make sure he isn't an antivaxxer before any plane tickets are bought. that kind of crazy has become dangerously widespread in Oz.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    Kagera wrote: »
    Basically she's at least getting three tattoos and maybe some of those trendy cheek gauges.

I ruined tattoos for our kids...and strange colored hair. I got my first tat at age 37 while I had blue hair. My kids rebel by being epicly normal.

Mom wins.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Speaking of people living with their parents too long, I am slightly bummed because it hit me that even if I nail my interview, it's still for an unpaid internship, meaning i'll still need to live in my mom's basement for a while.

I don't know if i'm ready to move out yet, but I feel like I should at least try. in a few years at age 30.

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I'd rather have a young guy with an accent filling my daughter's head with crazy ideas than filling her body with rich protein

from store-bought cooked shrimp BUY IT RAW AND COOK IT YOURSELF YOU LAZY TURD

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Echo wrote: »
    In short, he was a walking amalgam of Fox News content. While he clearly had underlying problems and the paranoid fantasies of the right were merely filling in the content for his delusions I honestly think that he is very close to the end result of someone, no matter how neurotypical, listening to Fox News and talk radio from Glenn Beck and his ilk every day for years on end.

http://www.salon.com/2014/02/27/i_lost_my_dad_to_fox_news_how_a_generation_was_captured_by_thrashing_hysteria/

It seems mistaken to blame Fox News for creating the white middle class fear of everyone else.

kedinik on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Thinking about modding the Bronzeback Titan so he stands straighter and taller, but then I'll have to sculpt him a new sixpack.

I can understand being skilled at painting. It's a process I can wrap my mind around. But sculpting is goddamn black magic.

BvhGhhmCUAEPszF.jpg:medium

• Options
    Oh please I'll be a model of courtesy. The daughter even has a great new book I can use in our discussions.

well I mean

the book is probably canned talking points to deal with Democrats

I'm not sure it'll help with hippy shit like, "but why do we need things man" and "you can't own property" or anything related to gluten free diets

• Options
    PBS digital studio makes neat things.

http://youtu.be/-FD1K8OvVCs

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Where did she meet this Australian?

• Options
    They're bringing Reading Rainbow back I heard

what do we have to do to get kindergartens to play it when it comes out

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Echo im pretty good at sculpting but scared of painting

trades?

• Options

"You are beaten! You are defeated! I would ask you where your god is now but you don't have one!"

*spits*

• Options
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Ugh I love his voice...

All these people want Morgan Freeman to narrate their stuff.

Not me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ssV79Qi7mM

This discussion has been closed.