As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The final Giant Bomb thead

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    @stilts there are also straight up mass effect style loyalty missions for each party member

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    stilts there are also straight up mass effect style loyalty missions for each party member

Well shit.

Time to add another JRPG to my pile.

A pile that already includes Trails in the Sky and Persona 4 Golden.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Jude is better for your first playthrough. There are some pretty important events late in the game you miss completely if you're doing the Milla path. Milla is better to pick for a new game plus.

what do you miss? I've never played as jude
    The end of Agria and Presa, a showdown with Ivar, a whole thing where Alvin joins the bad guys and you fight him, and the party going to confront Maxwell.

If you're playing as Milla you suddenly come back to life and appear in front of Maxwell and the party and have no idea what's going on. Later on there's a quick skit that's like "oh Jude and Alvin fought and we beat up Ivar oh also two of the antagonists are dead now."

• Options
    Jude is better for your first playthrough. There are some pretty important events late in the game you miss completely if you're doing the Milla path. Milla is better to pick for a new game plus.

what do you miss? I've never played as jude
    The end of Agria and Presa, a showdown with Ivar, a whole thing where Alvin joins the bad guys and you fight him, and the party going to confront Maxwell.

If you're playing as Milla you suddenly come back to life and appear in front of Maxwell and the party and have no idea what's going on. Later on there's a quick skit that's like "oh Jude and Alvin fought and we beat up Ivar oh also two of the antagonists are dead now."

Whoops

Oh well

Alvin is rad in this one

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Games Witticism #10 - Our Rise Who Art in Heaven
    Will there ever be an episode of Games Witticism where we don't talk about Persona and/or Metal Gear? Probably not. This week, I mostly talk about Persona 3 Portable's endgame and let everyone else bring some variety to the table. Alex dives into Persona 4 Golden and Muramasa: The Demon blade, and then takes a moment to remind us that Diablo 3 is pretty fun. Meanwhile, Luke struggles through F-Zero GX (because it's hard), Sonic Lost World (because it's a Sonic game) and P.T. (because good luck figuring that shit out).

The RSS feed hasn't update yet, so I'm not sure what the direct download link is.

Sorry.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    they should put some tales games on steam so I can play them. xenoblade too

• Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    i was going to wait on this until I could check it and make sure there wasn't anything totally NSFW included, but we're too close to the end of the line and I'm going to be busy over the next few days. This thread... moves too fast, I suppose.

So.

waz0t3cnflig.png

hell

sxj0zl87q56h.png

yeah

http://m-pe.tv/u/page.php?uid=luiwalu&id=1

(run this in chrome and it can auto-translate. En...enjoy?)

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    why does waluigi have a mullet

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Alvin just called out Leia for using too many emoticons in text messages on their magical phones

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    It's with a heavy heart that I announce that I am no longer looking into a Polytron/Fez acquisition

Sorry to those disappointed

My plans to invest in weed are moving along nicely, though!

• Options
    And I expect that to pay out incredibly well within the next 5-7 years, so

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Eventually I learned that you could say the most inconsequential thing in the world, but if you preface it with "It's with a heavy heart that I announce" you are guaranteed to make my stomach drop when I'm reading it

It works pretty much every time

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Eventually I learned that you could say the most inconsequential thing in the world, but if you preface it with "It's with a heavy heart that I announce" you are guaranteed to make my stomach drop when I'm reading it

It works pretty much every time

it's with a heavy heart that I announce that you have won a sexy Mike Blais calendar, please provide your shipping information in the box below

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    It's with a heavy heart that I announce you all still have to read my posts

• Options
    it's with a heavy fart that i

• Options
    edited August 2014
    It's with a heavy heart that I announce that I have surgically implanted weights in my heart in order to train, and when I take them out my heart will be able to beat way faster

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    video game opinions will never be the same

• Options
    It's with a heavy heart that I announce that I have surgically implanted weights in my heart in order to train, and when I take them out my heart will be able to beat way faster

So THATS why goku had a heart attack

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    I want some fig newtons now.

I've got some if you wanna come over

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    it's with a heavy heart i have to announce that i'm da bes

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    alright dammit i'm probably gonna put xenoblade in tonight

what is the advice i need to keep in mind

i know there's a lot of stuff with sidequests, like they give you all the sidequests in the game right off the bat so don't feel compelled to do them all right away, but then there are some tied to sidestories that are time-sensitive or something?

speed if your doing this you KNOW what you gotta do

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    alright dammit i'm probably gonna put xenoblade in tonight

what is the advice i need to keep in mind

i know there's a lot of stuff with sidequests, like they give you all the sidequests in the game right off the bat so don't feel compelled to do them all right away, but then there are some tied to sidestories that are time-sensitive or something?

speed if your doing this you KNOW what you gotta do

c'mon and slam?

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    Huntera wrote: »

I can confirm this

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Kilroy wrote: »

I can confirm this
    We have a motion and a second. All in favor of Huntera being "da bes" Hail Hydra! All oppose, Hail Hydra?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options

god dammit I was really proud of this one

• Options

i dunno it seems pretty Hyperbolic to me

• Options

Gonna be honest, the fact that my post has NO awesomes is personally devastating to me

It's with a heavy heart that I announce that this will be my last Giant Bomb thread for the foreseeable future

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Sorry chinchy we're not all anime gurus like you

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Kilroy wrote: »

I can confirm this
    We have a motion and a second. All in favor of Huntera being "da bes" Hail Hydra! All oppose, Hail Hydra?

like if you want to win a TV, comment if you want to win a VT

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    to the steam thread

onward

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »

Embrace the void.

• Options
    AtomicTofu wrote: »

Embrace the void.

cut all earthly ties

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »

Embrace the void.

cut all earthly ties

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBFImUkVFvE

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options

How dare you

• Options
    JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    Chinchilla Snacks, Giant Bomb Thread Anime Editor, Esq.

signature.png

• Options
    JohnHam wrote: »
    Chinchilla Snacks, Giant Bomb Thread Anime Editor, Esq.

COOOOOOOOR

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Zn0waeP.png

• Options
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    Zn0waeP.png

Big Jeffy G is my favorite manager in the business

This discussion has been closed.