Options

Desperation [chat]

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Ha! "You can't read candy until you read the real stuff"

/then takes whole family out to see Transformers

• Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Belasco32 wrote: »
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    Delmain wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Wait. Now the whole spool family are in chat? This thread has jumped the shark

not the younger two. :P not allowed.

You'll let them earlier than you let BCleric, that's the inevitability of being an older child.

:|

Don't even pretend like you don't recognize your younger siblings get things earlier than you did because your parents were super afraid of it for you and then realized that it's not bad and then are like whatev

I too am oldest, it is known

It is true that I was banned from reading Manga, watching Anime, and owning Barbies at different points in my verysmallness. Things which neither of my siblings have had to endure. *shakes fist*

In spool's defense, it saved you from ending up like me.

To clarify, that does not mean that I did not do all of those things. There is a picture of my 12yr old self, passed out surrounded by copies of Tokyo Mew-Mew, from two days after I was told not to read Tokyo Mew-Mew

Oh no

You're not safe from my fate, then
    40223_423162925755_1909206_n.jpg?oh=8cc6506f3890e337fa166940ef6a62eb&oe=547BDF85&__gda__=1415643828_af03869f1f24c7a7f8524d9f1488c26e

I love that picture. The story is great, too.
    She was at her best friend's house and her friend's mom took that picture and then sent it to me without knowing that we'd banned BC from reading that crap (long story, it wasn't a random ban).

do tell

She'd been reading A LOT of rubbish, some series about talking cats or something? Anyway! Being that her father was an English Lit. major and all we told her she had to read something that wasn't candy before she was allowed anymore candy. Being that she was our daughter she dug her heels in and glared at us then snuck off to get away with shit at someone else's' house.

#parenthood

I'd already read like, Great Expectations and Pride and Prejudice that year I was done

ACTUALLY, we were fighting with you over Great Expectations during that time, you were sort of reading it, in a spiteful hateful sort of "I hate my parents so SO much" kind of way.

To be fair, it is a really shitty book.

• Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular

You'll let them earlier than you let BCleric, that's the inevitability of being an older child.

Don't even pretend like you don't recognize your younger siblings get things earlier than you did because your parents were super afraid of it for you and then realized that it's not bad and then are like whatev

It is true that I was banned from reading Manga, watching Anime, and owning Barbies at different points in my verysmallness. Things which neither of my siblings have had to endure. *shakes fist*

To clarify, that does not mean that I did not do all of those things. There is a picture of my 12yr old self, passed out surrounded by copies of Tokyo Mew-Mew, from two days after I was told not to read Tokyo Mew-Mew

Oh no

40223_423162925755_1909206_n.jpg?oh=8cc6506f3890e337fa166940ef6a62eb&oe=547BDF85&__gda__=1415643828_af03869f1f24c7a7f8524d9f1488c26e

She was at her best friend's house and her friend's mom took that picture and then sent it to me without knowing that we'd banned BC from reading that crap (long story, it wasn't a random ban).

do tell

She'd been reading A LOT of rubbish, some series about talking cats or something? Anyway! Being that her father was an English Lit. major and all we told her she had to read something that wasn't candy before she was allowed anymore candy. Being that she was our daughter she dug her heels in and glared at us then snuck off to get away with shit at someone else's' house.

#parenthood

hahaha h5 BC right out of the ol' Tweenager playbook

You gotta read that garbage when you're young kiddo

you have to experience darkness to appreciate the light

In retrospect had I not ignored my parents I might never have become a Weaboo, and then would never have gotten to experience not being a weaboo with the same level of appreciation!

Better you got it out of your system young.

It's a lot easier to dismiss embarrassing things that happened when you were 12-13 than when you were mid-20's.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular

Oh no

do tell

#parenthood

I'd already read like, Great Expectations and Pride and Prejudice that year I was done

ACTUALLY, we were fighting with you over Great Expectations during that time, you were sort of reading it, in a spiteful hateful sort of "I hate my parents so SO much" kind of way.

This is the best act of rebellion ever

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    In con news, GaymerX coming back with a rebrand, as GX: Everyone Games.

Feral‌ MrMister‌

On the one hand, the title is more inclusive. On the other hand, I liked that "gay" was being used so prominently in a positive connotation in association with gaming.

On a third hand, I thought the term "Gaymer" was horrible.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    _J_ wrote: »
    TTODewback wrote: »
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    I NEED AN ADULT.

I feel like I'm not sure what I can say here any more.

NO FAMILIES ALLOWED.

CANNOT HANDLE.

don't censor yourself

like seriously guys, she's old enough to go to college, she's old enough to nope out of the thread. I'm not going to behave differently hanging out with my bros in here, and y'all shouldn't either.

:)

Plus dudes you all have to know she lurked for months beforehand

So she knows all about your various wiener and butt problems

And all the horrible things you've done with both, etc

I'm finally old enough to join the party. Plz don't stop partying because I have appeared.

JOKES ON YOU ADULTHOOD IS THE WORST PARTY STAY YOUNG FOREVERRRRRRRRRRR

I refuse to believe that highschool was as good as it gets that must be false

College is actually the best by far.

Never leave college.

Some people go to college to find a career
    Smart people make college their career

Yeah, I figured out how to just never leave school.

Though they are making me stand in front of the class and not sit in it

But I still get to go to school.

In the front of which class are you standing?

This semester it's ancient philosophy and phil 110, which is like the default intro class.

I'm just a TA, but I have to do a surprising amount of standing in front of classes. I thought I would do more standing behind.

Awesome! Standing in front of class poking undergrads with questions is the best.

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Fuuuuck so my boss walked by my office, and he's kind of talkfast and mumbly sometimes, and he said to me "hey can you help [person] with [thing] they'll come grab you".

I said sure and proceeded to dick around in my office.

Turns out what I heard was all wrong and I was to go find [person], and now person has done [thing] by themselves and I look like a tool.

DON'T WORRY THOUGH GONNA GO ON VACATION FOR A WEEK NOW.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Manga is bad for you
    Goosebumps is the light

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular

Oh no

do tell

#parenthood

Tbf that book sucks.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    I HAVE A LIBERAL ARTS DEGREE AND I MAKE MONEY LOL GET REKT

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular

Oh no

do tell

#parenthood

This is the best act of rebellion ever

It was better than just re-reading Harry Potter for the 30th time

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    Belasco32Belasco32 Registered User regular
    FroThulhu wrote: »
    I NEED AN ADULT.

I feel like I'm not sure what I can say here any more.

NO FAMILIES ALLOWED.

CANNOT HANDLE.

don't censor yourself

like seriously guys, she's old enough to go to college, she's old enough to nope out of the thread. I'm not going to behave differently hanging out with my bros in here, and y'all shouldn't either.

:)

Plus dudes you all have to know she lurked for months beforehand

So she knows all about your various wiener and butt problems

And all the horrible things you've done with both, etc

I'm finally old enough to join the party. Plz don't stop partying because I have appeared.

JOKES ON YOU ADULTHOOD IS THE WORST PARTY STAY YOUNG FOREVERRRRRRRRRRR

I refuse to believe that highschool was as good as it gets that must be false

College is actually the best by far.

Never leave college.

That sounds really expensive.

Fuck bitches, get massive student loan debt.

When I went into college, there was a guy who was /still/ there at 27 and hadnt left yet. He was not looked upon kindly.

I'm going to turn 31 before I graduate

someone please

kill me

it will be a favor

I will be, probably, well over 31 by the time I return to college.

I feel like I've made some questionable choices.

OTOH, I've had some adventures.

But, oh my, those regrets.

pffft, I'm 40 and at least a year away from going to school

shaddap

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    GODDAMNIT
    SNIPED

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    a5ehren wrote: »

Oh no

do tell

#parenthood

To be fair, it is a really shitty book.

I will never not want to punch Pip in the throat

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular

Oh no

do tell

#parenthood

That might be because it was the worst book ever.

OMG YOU ARE SO RIGHT FUCK CHARLES DICKENS FOREVER

ONLY MORE SHITTY AUTHOR TO READ IS NATHANIEL HAWTHORNE

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular

Oh no

do tell

#parenthood

In retrospect had I not ignored my parents I might never have become a Weaboo, and then would never have gotten to experience not being a weaboo with the same level of appreciation!

I was a weeaboo. I grew out of it too. But that doesn't mean I dislike all anime now, I just have some taste.

Gurl I used to watch the original series of FMA in subs. I convinced my parents to finally get cable in order to be able to torrent animes. I still remember being pissed when the Summer Olympics coverage pushed back the airing of one of the episodes back in Japan

I am so goddamn OLD

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I'm like, mom I don't care about your friends, I have my books and I'm here to read. Everyone leave me be.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    for reals though

great expectations makes a little more sense if you read it at the rate it was released (read: weekly releases over a nine month period)

it wasn't intended for the bulimic consumption it gets in schools nowadays

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    The 32s tryin to keep the anime man down

Good

I support the ostracizing and segregation of the animes

We already won. Just so you know. We. Already. Won.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    families in chat is weird

can i talk about weird shit in front of a father, a mother, and their daughter

that's weird man!

like idk

CAN I TALK ABOUT DRUGS AND ALCOHOL AND WANKING AND POOPING!?

poo
  • Options
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Manga is bad for you
    Goosebumps is the light

ermahgerd gersberms?

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Things I desperately want to say in real life right now:

SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!SHUTUP!

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular

Feral‌ MrMister‌

On the one hand, the title is more inclusive. On the other hand, I liked that "gay" was being used so prominently in a positive connotation in association with gaming.

You know, I'd been thinking of it in a kind of silly ironic way, but maybe there are people who take the term seriously?

• Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular

Oh no

do tell

#parenthood

Ayn Rand.

I'll read Dickens for the rest of my life if I never again have to spend a moment thinking about Fountainhead or Atlas Shrugged.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    FMA like Full Metal Alchemist? That show is not that old. I remember watching the original run in college. And also the ending burning me so badly I swore off anime forever.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    massive server failure this morning

complex legal document to do

hungover

ex in office

if the dark souls 2 DLC didn't come out tonight I'd set myself on fire right now

• Options
    zagdrob wrote: »

Oh no

do tell

#parenthood

Better you got it out of your system young.

It's a lot easier to dismiss embarrassing things that happened when you were 12-13 than when you were mid-20's.

Lies; embarrassing things make you mad bank

• Options

Oh no

do tell

#parenthood

...i liked the Scarlet Letter

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    I liked Oliver Twist.
    So Dickens can't be totally the worst.

Bless your heart.
  • Options

Oh no

do tell

#parenthood

I had a thing with my parents and reading. They didn't understand, and I didn't like their rules. They didn't like it when I read at the table, they didn't like me bringing my books with me when we went to visit other people, and they especially didn't like it when I read at the table at other people's houses.

Fish sticks just aren't as interesting as swordfights, even when one's dad has built them into some kind of abstract ketchup-fishstick sculpture

• Options

Feral‌ MrMister‌

You know, I'd been thinking of it in a kind of silly ironic way, but maybe there are people who take the term seriously?

There are! There are forums full of these people. They identify as "gaymers".

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    well ima get drunk and go back to bed

today has been depressing

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    families in chat is weird

can i talk about weird shit in front of a father, a mother, and their daughter

that's weird man!

like idk

CAN I TALK ABOUT DRUGS AND ALCOHOL AND WANKING AND POOPING!?

nope
    massive server failure this morning

complex legal document to do

hungover

ex in office

if the dark souls 2 DLC didn't come out tonight I'd set myself on fire right now

the lighter probably wouldn't have lit anyways

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    I am a big 'ending' person, like if the ending to a series stinks (it doesn't have to be happy but it has to be well done) then it ruins the rest of the show or book retroactively for me

• Options
    FMA like Full Metal Alchemist? That show is not that old. I remember watching the original run in college. And also the ending burning me so badly I swore off anime forever.

We are speaking with babby here, DK.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    This is cute and hilarious and I approve

• Options

Um I'm sorry

I have some tough news to break to you

• Options
    zagdrob wrote: »

Oh no

do tell

#parenthood

Ayn Rand.

I'll read Dickens for the rest of my life if I never again have to spend a moment thinking about Fountainhead or Atlas Shrugged.

At least with Rand you know what she's talking about.

Dickens is just...

Is this a metaphor, or a really dull story about pickpockets?

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    blameless cleric, read henry miller, anais nin, the marquis de sade, george bataille's the story of the eye, sacher von masoch's venus in furs, allen ginsberg's howl and write a book report about what you learned

• Options

They redid the whole series because of that ending

This discussion has been closed.