Options

METAL... GEAR?!

• Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    There's no winning or losing for a mercenary, especially when you've got to stare at that.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    There's no winning or losing for a mercenary, especially when you've got to stare at that.

The old man was right. Only the farmers won. We lost.

We'll always lose.

• Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    On the plus side, the guy in the thong did die in that movie.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    wait where was it said that quiet needs to dress like that to use her superpowers

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator Mod Emeritus
    Veldrin wrote: »
    You know, I've gone from absolutely hating Sutherland's voice in this, to being 110% on board with it.

His voice is absolutely fantastic for Big Boss in this stage of his life.

I had a dream where I saw the end credits and there was a secret Snake voiced by David Hayter. I don't know if it would be dumb or make me all giddy if they shoehorned him in for a few lines somewhere.

• Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    Nowhere, but there are probably a finite number of explanations why

I'm curious about the deeds part of the words and deeds thing. I dunno how many people did "deeds" in response to Quiet's attire, which leads me to believe the quote was mistranslated or is actually foreshadowing things you'll do in game that make you feel shame.

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited September 2014
    Oh man, I forgot about this. Like 8 years ago @CheerfulBear and I made this:

metalgrill.jpg

And subsequently:
    q7xj4ae0tncc.jpg

tkuzcazeqmte.jpg

bombardier on
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I'm hoping they manage to pull something like make Quiet the stealth hero of the story

Considering Phantom Pain is the War of the Assholes between Diamond Dogs, XOF, and Cipher, and Cipher has to come out on top

Maybe Quiet is a big part of bringing Diamond Dogs down from the inside cause she sees all the awful shit they're up to

This is all probably not going to happen cause I believe if Quiet dies in the field she's just gone like all the other assist characters

She's not actually a major character in the story, apparently?

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Where are you getting that?

• Options
    I can never get a clear source since it was from TGS and could be mistranslated or misunderstood

I think Kojima said it at one point?

If Quiet or DD die in the field, they're gone

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    bombardier wrote: »
    Oh man, I forgot about this. Like 8 years ago @CheerfulBear and I made this:

metalgrill.jpg

And subsequently:
    q7xj4ae0tncc.jpg

tkuzcazeqmte.jpg

I want to Awesome, Bro, So Raven, Hail Hydra!, Hail Hydra?, Snap!, Crackle and Pop? this

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    yeah it was mentioned during TGS that not only can buddies permanently die in missions, but you might not even come across them in your playthrough, quiet included

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    hey well i got a special game over go me

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    it's a real shame the kabuki face paint was the best camo i had for the final boss fight

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    So I've been playing Peace Walker all day and absolutely love it. The Mother Base stuff is really funny and enjoyable without being intrusive and the levels being rather short really keeps me playing.

Just fought my first tank. I'm trying to do a no-kill playthrough as best I can (only killed via a grenade the first boss fight, which was accidental), so I tried at least two dozen times until I figured out smoke grenade + chain cqc really takes out waves of guys pretty effectively and consistently.

I'm now the proud owner of a brand new tank.

stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    hahaha oh my god what the fuck is even ocelot's deal

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Zay wrote: »

He's in love with you

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

He's in love with you

That is the only thing about Ocelot's deal that anyone can say with certainty.

Hell. I'm not sure OCELOT knows what his deal is.

• Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    Just because Quiet can die in the field or you might not even come across her, it doesn't mean she's not vital to the story. Given that there's multiple ways the story can go now, depending on your choices, it could be that getting Quiet/keeping her alive might lead to the 'canon' ending or something like that.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    but what's Code Talker up to

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    but what's Code Talker up to

talkin'

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I'm going to try and get my friend who knows NOTHING about metal gear to play through 3

I really want to see what it's like for someone who knows nothing about the series to see Ocelot in 3, and the Les Enfants Terible stinger, and then play MGS1

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    also @Speed Racer what the fuck was that mgs3 post credits stinger I have no idea what I was supposed to get from that

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    If I remember correctly the MGS3 stinger revealed that Ocelot was ADAM

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    yeah but why does that even matter

was he supposed to help me, he was right, then why did he try and kill me, and was he actually working for the cia why wouldn't they tell me that and shit like

fuck

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Are you telling me my dog could die???

No, that's not okay

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    yeah but why does that even matter

was he supposed to help me, he was right, then why did he try and kill me, and was he actually working for the cia why wouldn't they tell me that and shit like

fuck

He did help a couple times

If not for him, Snake probably would have died when he was captured, instead of just losing an eye

He also allowed you to escape

• Options
    After Operation Snake Eater's success, the KGB Chief Director contacted Ocelot, where the latter mentioned that "Khrushchev is finished", and that the KGB's time had finally arrived, as well as suggested that they use the knowledge of both missions as blackmail against America in future negotiations. Shortly thereafter, Ocelot secretly made a call to the CIA Director. Their conversation revealed that the CIA had only acquired half of the Legacy, and it was assumed that the KGB possessed the other half. He also submitted some blueprints of a potential future weapon for the United States. He also confirmed that they had supplied the Chinese with a fake microfilm (revealing he deduced EVA was a Chinese agent).

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    The implication is he helped you lots, he was just doing it from a position of complete secrecy to maintain his cover.

As apposed to EVA, who blew it pretty huge on that front.

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    I think part of Ocelot's behavior is is legitimately that he wants to impress Big Boss after getting his ass so thoroughly handed to him in their first encounter. Even to the point endangering his/Big Boss' mission.

Gundi on
  • Options
    oh man oh man oh man Ocelot is gonna be a Codec contact in Phantom Pain

gonna call him up all the time

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Ocelot seems to age way differently from Big Boss
    You look at Boss and obviously they've changed the model but it's a logical growth from his Snake Eater face

But Ocelot looks nothing like he did starting out back then and... what's his age in relation to BB? because in Snake Eater he seems like the younger man but physically as of PP I'd say he looks way older

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    n a n o m a c h i n e s, s o n

• Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    ocelot isn't really a Just for Men kind of guy

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    Big Boss is apparently 9 years older than Ocelot

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    I want there to be a spinoff where you pay as ocelot.

• Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    Gun twirling mechanic.

Button dedicated to the hand gesture thing.

• Options
    Fuck I'm gonna start my New Game Plus of Snake Eater tonight huh

• Options
    well I just (re)bought MGS4 and got Ground Zeroes so I could get free shipping from amazon

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    if you want to watch my fat dumb ass flail around like a moron then you should watch me streaming D4

This discussion has been closed.