As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[nfl] the kyle orton era has begun

• Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Gyral wrote: »
    Maximum wrote: »
    Happy to see James go. He was sort of a twat about not playing in every interview I've ever seen him give.

If I had to bet on who was behind the rumors of players getting sick of Harbaugh, it would be him.
    When Ellington got the start for KR/PR I knew James' time was short.

He probably only made the roster because hunter went down for the season.

At the same time it would have been nice to get something for him in a trade somehow, that 2012 draft class worked out so well....

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Honestly, someone does need to check in with the dude. He's clearly not going to jail for this, and checking in on him might at least make it so he won't do something else worthy of jail time. Someone also needs to be checking in on his wife, who, again, is the actual victim here.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Ravens: Just tell us what happened Ray.
    Ray Rice: Well, we got into an argument in the elevator, and I kinda hit her a little too hard and had to help her out when it stopped, that's what you guys saw.
    Ravens: What? Nah, that's hard to imagine, we don't believe it. She must have tripped.
    Ray Rice: Wait what? I just told you what happened.
    Ravens: That just doesn't sound like you, we're sure there's a perfectly reasonable explanation.

:public sees the video of him hitting her:

Ravens: Ray how could you?! You're released!
    Ray Rice: But I told you I did that when it happened!
    Ravens: LALALALALALALALALA CAN'T HEAR YOU

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    Ravens: Just tell us what happened Ray.
    Ray Rice: Well, we got into an argument in the elevator, and I kinda hit her a little too hard and had to help her out when it stopped, that's what you guys saw.
    Ravens: What? Nah, that's hard to imagine, we don't believe it. She must have tripped.
    Ray Rice: Wait what? I just told you what happened.
    Ravens: That just doesn't sound like you, we're sure there's a perfectly reasonable explanation.

:public sees the video of him hitting her:

Ravens: Ray how could you?! You're released!
    Ray Rice: But I told you I did that when it happened!
    Ravens: LALALALALALALALALA CAN'T HEAR YOU

It's possible that he left out big stuff like him spitting on her, punching her more than once, her hitting the railing on the way down, and him kicking her like a child kicking to see if something's alive after dragging her out of the elevator. Just because he told them what happened doesn't mean he mentioned everything.

Not everything needed to be mentioned in order to be really fucking awful, of course, but still.

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Just saw some tweets that were shockingly similar to the awfulness that came Christy Mack's way when War Machine (his real stupid fucking legal name) beat her within an inch of her life.

Just fucking disgusting.

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    So wait is he getting suspended six games or what

• Options
    Minutes ago the Ravens finally deleted that Janay Rice apology tweet

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular

Rice? he's been suspended indefinitely

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Rice is done. Nobody is going to touch him.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Maybe the Raiders

• Options
    Nah.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Seriously, no one is touching him, period. He's out for at least the year.

Unlike Michael Vick, he didn't have to pay a penalty because he plea bargined/Janay Rice didn't want to press charges. So there's no, "He paid his dues/did his time and has come out rehabilitated."

Dude is done.

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    So did the police have this video from the start?

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Aside from the fact that he's a piece of crap, he's also not very good at football anymore. He wasn't going to last with the Ravens anyway, there's no way anybody else is going to take a chance on him now.

• Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    I want my money back in the auction league.

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    To everyone who drafted Ray Rice:

WHY

DID YOU

DRAFT

HIM.

I mean I know it's fantasy, he would have been a fairly high usage back when he came back, and you got him for basically free.

BUT IT'S FANTASY FOOSBALLS. There are players NOT named Ray Rice, and you didn't have to go through everyone in your pool going, "Wait reeeeaaaallly oh maaaaan"

There are times when it's just not worth it

This was one of those times.

Transporter on
  • Options
    Even if you ignored the obvious story at the time of drafting, why would you even pick him up after last year

• Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    The SE++ auction leagues are competitive, I needed the extra edge that having a huge piece of shit on my team provides.

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    yeah my deal is just that he was so bad last year.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I have a hard time believing that this is the last we've seen of him. He went into a diversionary program to avoid jail time, and once that's completed they'll say he's gone through a "rehabilitation process." He'll probably have to wait a year, maybe 2, to apply for reinstatement, but I can totally see an NFL team "giving him a second chance."

• Options
    Goose! wrote: »
    I have a hard time believing that this is the last we've seen of him. He went into a diversionary program to avoid jail time, and once that's completed they'll say he's gone through a "rehabilitation process." He'll probably have to wait a year, maybe 2, to apply for reinstatement, but I can totally see an NFL team "giving him a second chance."

If Ochocinco couldn't find an NFL team, in a position that actually doesn't mind regression or aging as much as RB, chances are very slim for Rice after all of this.

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Pretty pathetic that it took this for the dude to be unemployed.

Go Bengals.

• Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »

You're forgetting that by then he'll be 29 give or take a few depending on how long it takes. By then there will probably not be a lot of teams looking to add an almost 30 year old back who hasn't played in a year+, looked awful when he did, in addition to the PR trouble of it.

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Steve Young calling out the NFL, Ravens. also the Niners for letting McDonald play. I like the fact that Young gets actively upset about things in interviews.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    statler wrote: »

100% agree with this, but at least he is gone.

I might not completely pack away my Ravens jersey this year.

• Options
    FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    I just went and picked up Forsett. He is going to be getting a ton of carries. He might become the primary back in Baltimore now.

FortyTwo on
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Balefuego wrote: »

Rice? he's been suspended indefinitely

First, let me clarify that I think Rice should be done in the NFL.

That said, doesn't this go against the brand new domestic violence policy that the league put out as a response to their initial ruling on Rice? Shouldn't it be a six game suspension? All I see is Roger trying salvage some good PR with CNN headlines saying "Rice suspended indefinitely" while the anvil is hot today.

Bobble on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Get to watch my first Giants game on the new TV tonight

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Technically, Rice could probably have some sort of "case" to get reinstated sooner based on the 6 games thing et al, but there's no way he pursues it, and if he did, there's REALLY no way anyone wants to touch him then. Compound his being a shitheel by then suing the league that basically looked like it was covering your ass? He doesn't strike me as Alex Rodriguez levels of crazy, just an incredible asshole.

Goose! on
  • Options
    Bobble wrote: »
    That said, doesn't this go against the brand new domestic violence policy that the league put out as a response to their initial ruling on Rice? Shouldn't it be a six game suspension?
    Not necessarily.
    Effective immediately, violations of the Personal Conduct Policy regarding assault, battery, domestic violence or sexual assault that involve physical force will be subject to a suspension without pay of six games for a first offense, with consideration given to mitigating factors, as well as a longer suspension when circumstances warrant

I'm pretty sure that second bit was put in so they could boot Rice or others that have been involved with domestic violence right away.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Yeah, I get the feeling that indefinite suspension is meant less to really stick than it's meant to send an immediate message to all the GMs in the league to not fucking fuck this up by trying to pick him up cheap. Then Goodell can get everyone together and get them on the same page with this before the NFLPA files a complaint and the suspension is reduced or removed.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    I think it's mostly Goodell trying to get out of this PR nightmare.

I don't think he genuinely gives two fucks. He just wants it to go away.

• Options
    @AdamSchefter
    Teams notified that any contract with Ray Rice will not be approved or take effect until further direction is provided from Roger Goodell.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    mcp wrote: »
    I think it's mostly Goodell trying to get out of this PR nightmare.

I don't think he genuinely gives two fucks. He just wants it to go away.

As someone that has grown to loathe Goodell as much as everyone else over the past couple of years it still behooves me to remind you and everyone what his job truly is: the united voice of the NFL's team owners and the administrator of their wishes. He does nothing without their blessing if not their combined consent and I personally refuse to believe the slap on the wrist reaction wasn't spearheaded by Baltimore Ravens ownership. They had no reason to keep him on their team other than the salary cap hit and yet they did everything they could at all levels (including the help of their fucking stooge of a head coach) to convince us that Rice isn't the person he so clearly is.

The Ravens owner(s) can go fuck the devil in hell over this. How long till basketball season again?

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Basically if you aren't rooting for the Bengals or browns to win the division you fucked up.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    "I don't know Ray at all," Ditka said before, for some reason, feeling the need to continue. "I'm sure he's not a bad guy, but he made a bad mistake.

"Hey, two lives, are ruined," Ditka said. "These two lives are ruined. His earning power is destroyed. That's an important thing."

Send Ditka off to pasture already. Nobody needs to hear what he thinks anymore.

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    i hope Ray Rice gets leprosy.

• Options
    I need 50 points combined from Rashad Jennings and Ryan Mathews.

It's... Possible I guess.

This discussion has been closed.