Options

Educate me on the ways of the Mechwarrior. MW2 Appreciation Inside!

2»

• Options
    LemmingLemming Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    So uh

We should definitely play this soon

Using Hamachi

Lemming on
  • Options
    TiemlerTiemler Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Captain K wrote: »
    I'm trying to remember--if your mech overheated and did an emergency shutdown, would that clip play again when you restarted?

Not the voice, just the cool chiiiiiiiirp-bleep.

Man, I'm a hafta reinstall MW4 Mercs again.

Tiemler on
  • Options
    chomamadogchomamadog Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I'm up for a game tonight at 8 PST. I'm working until 4:30, then we have a daily softball game until the sun goes down, after that I'm good to go. My friend said he won't play it at all, he's done with it period. I might be able to convince my brother to play it, but at the moment I'm only bringing myself. :-(

chomamadog on
    OnFriday.png
  • Options
    LemmingLemming Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Augh, I'm seeing Grind House tonight, I'm leaving at 9 EST, I won't be back until 1 or something :(

Lemming on
  • Options
    chomamadogchomamadog Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Well, tonight is a bit of a bust. The softball game ain't happening, and my little brother won't play MW4 either. On the other hand you've got plans, and a buddy of mine just called me with plans as well. I'm busy the rest of the weekend, with exception to early tomorrow (Saturday) morning, and possibly Sunday afternoon/night. I'm an early bird, and should be ready to go at 7 PST tomorrow.

chomamadog on
    OnFriday.png
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    ben0207 wrote: »
    Way too easy to minmax or boat it though.

But that has been true in all the Battletech games that allow you to customize your mechs. Hell, it's even more true on the tabletop. The Battle Value points system helps a bit but its still an issue.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Threepio wrote: »
    Can I get some love for the original Mech Warrior?

I mean that thing fit on a floppy. Hardcore indeed.

The controls for the original MW were terrible. Even for the time. Aiming up / down was a total pain. For that level of technology the approach in the Crescent Hawk games was much more effective.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    Judge-ZJudge-Z Teacher, for Great Justice Upstate NYRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    That game was pretty awesome at the time. I remember getting a fast mech with jump jets and sniping off heavy mech legs as point blank range. Good salvage and good times.
    That was always good times, as was going for head shots at long range. Nothing like taking out one of the big boys before they even fired a shot. And, if I recall, you could travel pretty much the entire inner sphere and work for whomever you wanted.

Sure, we have pretty graphics now, but what happened to the old days when open ended gameplay was the rule, rather than the exception?

Judge-Z on
    JudgeZed.png