As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Doom comes to [chat]

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I did manage to make it through my first terror mission with no losses to the squad but only because the guy who got zombie clobbered had one of two sets of upgraded armor

Still took him down to 3 health

Every time a mission pops there is a moment of dread until I see it's not a terror mission though
    I'm also quite proud of the fact that my first terror mission took no deaths. Really, surprised myself in general on that first run. I guess all those BeageRush and Marbozir videos paid off.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    I'm getting a new car Monday!

Well

I'm getting a 2003 Buick Century in excellent condition for 3k on Monday from a neighbor

But that's going from a 98 Malibu that leaks oil and coolant, has blown airbags, a broken front bumper, a cracked windshield and no rearview mirror so... yeah it might as well be new :P

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    100%d all the side content in ACIV

Time to do the ol' storyline I GUESS.

It's actually been rather good this time around. Edward is more compelling than Connor ever managed to be, despite being much thinner on paper. Here's a guy that gets sucked into the eternal war tween Templar and Assassin and does he give a fuck about the significance of these relics? No. What are they worth. I just completed a late game mission where an Assassin gave me my robes back, and he straight up says "you have not earned these... but they suit you."

The thing preventing me from getting 100% side content are those stupid animus fragments. Those kinds of hidden collectibles side quests are the worst.

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    Aioua wrote: »
    Dudes.

Sake is great.

You all should have some.

Come over I'll share.

No

You come here

I am in no state to drive.

Across the country.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    cB557 wrote: »
    I did manage to make it through my first terror mission with no losses to the squad but only because the guy who got zombie clobbered had one of two sets of upgraded armor

Every time a mission pops there is a moment of dread until I see it's not a terror mission though
    I'm also quite proud of the fact that my first terror mission took no deaths. Really, surprised myself in general on that first run. I guess all those BeageRush and Marbozir videos paid off.

I got super lucky and the chryssalids basically marched up to my guys one by one and planted themselves in front of the firing squad.

Those fuckin' zombies tho

I do not remember the zombies from the original being that nasty

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Mortious wrote: »
    i freed 3 spiders from the garage today. wife was telling me to flush em but i showed mercy.

They wont show the same to you though.

Can I have your stuff?

you want all 3 kids?

Can I have your some of stuff?

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    landshark

when the hell we gonna hang out

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I'm installing the Dragonfall Director's Cut right now. :)

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    tyrannus wrote: »
    landshark

CHICAGO

MEETUP

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    I don't know what a pop is.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    100%d all the side content in ACIV

Time to do the ol' storyline I GUESS.

It's actually been rather good this time around. Edward is more compelling than Connor ever managed to be, despite being much thinner on paper. Here's a guy that gets sucked into the eternal war tween Templar and Assassin and does he give a fuck about the significance of these relics? No. What are they worth. I just completed a late game mission where an Assassin gave me my robes back, and he straight up says "you have not earned these... but they suit you."

The thing preventing me from getting 100% side content are those stupid animus fragments. Those kinds of hidden collectibles side quests are the worst.

I'd just clear each island and city as I got to it, fragments, chests and all. Spent a couple hours today just sailing around, getting all the uncharted ones on the sea.

The only thing left to do is the buried treasures. For whatever reason, they don't show up as a missing collectible where they're hidden. Makes sense, I guess. Gonna leave it til the last thing to do methinks.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    landshark

im gonna be downtown for work next Tuesday actually. you game? can maybe meet for lunchtime or postwork drinks

@tyrannus

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    I'm installing the Dragonfall Director's Cut right now. :)

oh nice yes me too now

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Zampanov wrote: »
    landshark

CHICAGO NORMAL

MEETUP

I AGREE

• Options
    I don't know what a pop is.

photo.edit_.community.magnitude.jpg

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    Oh wait that's right I don't remember them being that nasty because the zombies weren't the threat

It was the nearly full health chryssalid that spawned out of the zombie as soon as you so much as poked it

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »

Forgot to mention that this was on classic. Meant to put that in the post, but tired brain.

• Options
    landshark

CHICAGO NORMAL

MEETUP

I AGREE

where is the I'm dying from laughter reaction

cuz srsly cinders

you are totes hilar

• Options
    any dark souls 2 experts on here? i finished my first playthrough but wanna make sure i didn't miss any side stuff before i do ng

• Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    landshark

im gonna be downtown for work next Tuesday actually. you game? can maybe meet for lunchtime or postwork drinks

@tyrannus

i'll see about next week. if I'm in the office we'll do a lunch

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    not sure on pop and crackle but having snap! as a reaction is cool.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    cool i'll ping you next Tuesday and see

• Options
    landshark

CHICAGO NORMAL

MEETUP

I AGREE

if we do a chicago meetup for real I will rescue you since you have some kind of microseizure at the thought of escaping the corn

just don't carve BROOKS WAS HERE into any support beams when we drag you to civilization

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Oh god

page 106, I don't know, I'm so scared

we're in uncharted territory here, I've never been this deep, who the fuck knows what we'll find if the mods don't pull us back up

abyss13.jpg

• Options
    any dark souls 2 experts on here? i finished my first playthrough but wanna make sure i didn't miss any side stuff before i do ng

ok name all the things you did I'll tell you if you missed anything

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    here is my interpretation

snap is like oh snap no you didn't

crackle is like people holding up sparklers in vigil for something sad happening

pop is the sound of you popping champagne and celebrating

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I killed a zombie, then I died four times, then I found a new shield, then I died twice, then I fell off a cliff and died once.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    that's all of it right?

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular

ok name all the things you did I'll tell you if you missed anything

His summary: I fucking murdered everything.

• Options
    Variable wrote: »
    that's all of it right?

yes if everyone did everything vari did you're ready for ng+

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    There can't be a Chicago meet up because that's close enough that I might want to go and that would cause so much anxiety

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoyTJQk4Les

yes this is what i want right now

• Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    As a non-Dark Souls person, I have a question. Is DS2 a sequel in terms of an ongoing plot from the first game or is it more like "Here's some more ways to die in this world, enjoy"?

• Options
    Vanguard wrote: »
    here is my interpretation

snap is like oh snap no you didn't

crackle is like people holding up sparklers in vigil for something sad happening

pop is the sound of you popping champagne and celebrating

if I can remember this I will adhere to it.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    One more day until the new laptop arrives!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn8PiqIXEjQ

• Options
    wazilla wrote: »
    There can't be a Chicago meet up because that's close enough that I might want to go and that would cause so much anxiety

you'll be fiiiiiiiiiine

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Crackle is bro
    Pop is So Raven

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Senpai notice this thread!

It's 106 pages long!

• Options
    ronya thinks my interpretation is sad

*pops champagne*

This discussion has been closed.