As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's time for a REAL [Superhero] Movie!

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Hermano wrote: »
    If he can do that, why hasn't he solved all the world's energy needs the selfish prick

he has

why do you think there's practically no crime and superman has time to dick around all day

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Because Superman is a dick.

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    If he can do that, why hasn't he solved all the world's energy needs the selfish prick

he has

why do you think there's practically no crime and superman has time to dick around all day

Oh that makes sense, good point

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    edited October 2014

Hermano on

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular

Good Islamic point

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Probably old news, but I guess at least the movie is acknowledging it? Continue to fuck off forever, DC.

Byt85WtCMAANDCA.jpg

Byt85RaCcAAsLpW.jpg

BytLL84IEAApq4P.jpg

Ceno on
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    I'm sure the protesters will be only negatively portrayed

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Silver age superman was basically hyper intelligent Firestorm.

That comic is from 1980.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Oh my.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK

tumblr_mh71g2qRSI1qh6w8to1_1280.png
    tumblr_mh71g2qRSI1qh6w8to2_1280.png

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    man that show was pretty good

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Just like to make my monthly statement that Scott and Emma breaking up was a stupid idea and the way they wrote it sucked and I wish Emma was currently being written by someone who actually did stuff with her.

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    Just like to make my monthly statement that Scott and Emma are the worst

• Options
    JMan711JMan711 6'8" weighs a f*&#ing ton He's coming, he's coming, he's comingRegistered User regular
    I saw Future Shock at a film festival last night. It was an interesting documentary on the comic company 2000AD. It talked about almost its entire history, from the start of it during the rise of 70's British punk all the way until today and about its influence on other comics and pop culture. It has a bunch of interviews with a lot of comic artists and writers that got their start at the company.

If you enjoyed the film Dredd and want to know more about where that came from I recommend checking it out. They are only showing it at film festivals for now but are planning on a home release in the near future.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Kilroy wrote: »
    Just like to make my monthly statement that Scott and Emma are the worst

everyone who agrees with this post is going on my Shame List

• Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    I mean they kind of are the worst

But that's also why i like them! They are both really good at being the worst and putting them together is fun.

• Options
    it's true that they are both kind of terrible people

but they are the kind of terrible that is incredibly entertaining

well, Emma's always that way, Scott kind of needs her help

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    whatever you think of the individual characters, their relationship was great

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Scott and Emma would both make my list of best X-Men ever and when it comes to the X-Men my opinion matters most so

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Anywho, as mentioned earlier, Dracula Untold is rumored to be getting extra scenes to make it the first movie of a big shared universe of Universal monsters.

So that's the MCU, DC, X-Men/FF (it'll happen eventually), Spider-Man, Star Wars and now Universal Monsters that are getting splatted out into big expansive film franchises, rather than just a series of sequels or book/comic spinoffs. What's next? Star Trek? Ghostbusters? (if Dan Ackroyd gets his way) Maybe Harry Potter?

Look if this is a leadup to a remake of The Monster Squad I am 200% approving.
    Who will play wolf man's nards

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I like how Bill Marr tried to change the subject after the guy on the right was able to talk for several minutes but before Affleck could rebut.

• Options
    breaking news batman will fight islamophobia in batman v superman dawn of justice for muslims

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Bill Maher is a piece of shit

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Hes a hateful asshole who tries to cloak it in "open mindedness"

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Ben Affleck is a rad dude and everyone is going to unfairly blame him for Batman V. Superman being terrible

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    lots of bad islamic points being raised in this clip

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    So with these anti supes protests I think bats is going to be set up as a direct reaction to man of steel, a hero who is human and not an alien, man, who will actively embody the will of the people and take down superman

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    So with these anti supes protests I think bats is going to be set up as a direct reaction to man of steel, a hero who is human and not an alien, man, who will actively embody the will of the people and take down superman

So..

Think Batman is going to be seen by several critics as propping up Bush policies again?

• Options
    OdinOdin Registered User regular
    Superman was a menace after all

J. Jonah Jameson was right

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Odin wrote: »
    Superman was a menace after all

J. Jonah Jameson was right

What we need is to outfit the police with a squad of Super-Slayers!

Joolander on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I don't like shows like The Daily Show, Colbert Report, Last Week Tonight, Real Time, etc because I really hate crowds cheering at political statements

Even when I agree with said statements, it's just something that bugs me.

• Options
    Keith wrote: »
    I don't like shows like The Daily Show, Colbert Report, Last Week Tonight, Real Time, etc because I really hate crowds cheering at political statements

I get this

but boy maher is in his own league

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Isn't Maher like anti-all religions?

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    If you didn't need any more reason to hate Maher he made a joke in his recent standup which is repugnant enough for me not to repeat but involved Jerry Sandusky and Donald Trump.

• Options
    wirehead26 wrote: »

yes

• Options
    Keith wrote: »

I get this

but boy maher is in his own league

oh, he's definitely a horrible piece of shit

but I just meant that format of shows

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

Yes. He belittles and insults people of all faiths.

He's also an anti-vaxxer, if you needed another reason to not pay attention to him.

Which is a shame, but I enjoy "New Rules" for the most part, but fuck Bill Maher.

• Options

he made a movie called "religulous"

if you can't tell, he mashed together the words "religion" and "ridiculous"

the movie is all about him going around and badgering people of different faiths

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    I thought extremist Islam was a fairly small portion, like to paint it all as extremist , would be like painting all of Christianity as insane just because WBC exists.

And I still can't see Michael Steele without picturing his muppet from the Daily Show

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
This discussion has been closed.