As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] Time to fight, Guardians! Prepare yourselves for the Queen's Wrath!

• Options
    AerlevsediAerlevsedi Washington, the StateRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    The hate I have for you is legendary, that will only translate to a blue.

It tickles. Glad ive got gjallarhorn to scratch the itch

Bungie.net: Aerlevsedi
    xbox (one) live: brautigan219
    psn (four) : brautigan19
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Beltaine wrote: »
    I got the basics unlocked for Bladedancer and am not really feeling it. I had way more fun with Gunslinger.

I think this happens when you switch to any new subclass from a leveled one. I wasn't feeling defender for a bit but I'm liking it now. Though I'm still horrible judging when to use the super. I just don't care, punching people to become a fast handed superman is enough.

anytime there's more than one or you can have them come in close. i've found the 'gives significant resistance' to be far far better in pvp than the other options but in pve you can use whichever.

with the resistance bubble you are almost impossible to kill

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I'm glad you are so easy to hate. You are the atlanta braves.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    So this was a few days ago, but I think a fun story to tell.
    I had a bounty that required me to do the Earth strike again. No problem. Queue up and drop with 2 other random folks. Only one follows into the actual zone for the strike. We're both over leveled so I don't think anything of it. Before we get to the point where the ghost has to pull down those insta-death laser trip wire things, the 3rd person that never came along drops from the group. While the ghost is bringing down the second set of lasers, the other person drops. So now I'm alone. Wonderful. I'm going to have to restart this thing aren't I?" I think to myself. I decide to see how far I can get alone. When just as the ghost moves onto stage three, two other people join the strike team. They show up to the room and help clear the place out, and were damned efficient at doing so. I'm happy for the company and we keep going. Things seem to be going very well. I realize I haven't died yet, and then I don't recall having to raise anyone either. I don't cling to that thought because I know it'll get me killed. We finish up the strike and yeah, you guessed it, there's the trophy for no one dying in a strike. Thank you two random people for joining the strike after it started. We kicked some ass.

Also want to say thanks to the folks last night for the PvP group. I had a few games where I wasn't completely useless!

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    We were about to wipe on a level 24 strike at the end boss, and it's counting down from 3-2-1... and one of our guys got to res at that moment. It took me a solid 15 seconds to realize why the match hadn't ended and that I could now respawn too.

Whew.

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    well i had enough Strange Coins to buy the helmet from Xur so combined with the Legendary armour i already bought from the Vanguard rep i am now armoured up, at currently at lvl 27.

now if only i could get some luck with weapon drops. i'd settle for just a blue sniper rifle to replace my trusty green one.

• Options
    You can always check the gunsmith occaisionally he has blue weapons. I lucked my way into purple sniper that I don't use mostly.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    So, are there people who happen to not mind helping me out in rumble for a few kills to help Thorn along?

• Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    So, as a heads up, at light 22, I just soloed the weekly heroic strike without any level 20 items. So, people who are equally or better geared / skilled than me have that as an option.

• Options
    Crayon wrote: »
    So, are there people who happen to not mind helping me out in rumble for a few kills to help Thorn along?

which system are you on?

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Light seriously does attract light. Went from 2 light into 21 to nearly 23 last night, just by instantly equipping and upgrading (for +2) every piece of gear I got with more light on it, regardless of other stats.

Note: I am also REALLY not great at this, people. If I can do it, you can do it. So far the only thing I will say I'm pretty good at is "skate away like a scared bunny using Glide", since BOY can I run from things.

• Options
    Yes, the higher your level the higher level gear you will find. Some people are just finding it a very slow climb. I haven't found any higher light level gear at level 24 in quite awhile so I'm having to grind for purples with crucible/vanguard. Though Xur will help.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    If I spend my Motes to get an exotic engram from Xur, will it decode as an exotic guaranteed?

I don't want to gamble 23 motes away if its just gonna be a legendary.

What else are you going to use them on? Pieces of flair?

Hey, you don't want to have the minimum number of pieces of flair.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Yes, the higher your level the higher level gear you will find. Some people are just finding it a very slow climb. I haven't found any higher light level gear at level 24 in quite awhile so I'm having to grind for purples with crucible/vanguard. Though Xur will help.

The gear you find at level 24 is level 20 blues. I sorta think that's where the Blues stop being good enough to level you further and you have to find/buy legendaries to continue.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular

I think the problem is that, up to 20, every play session seemed to come with some advancement, be it a level, a new power, a new piece of gear, etc. Play for an hour, walk away with a better character than you started. Once you hit 20, it suddenly spreads out, and you don't get that same drip anymore, and it's kinda jarring.

• Options
    Aerlevsedi wrote: »

which system are you on?

Ps4

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »

I think the problem is that, up to 20, every play session seemed to come with some advancement, be it a level, a new power, a new piece of gear, etc. Play for an hour, walk away with a better character than you started. Once you hit 20, it suddenly spreads out, and you don't get that same drip anymore, and it's kinda jarring.

That's the weird thing. I mean my first light gear came from 2 strikes, one the 18 list, one the 20. Both solid upgrades. Maybe I'm just luckier than I think; listening to y'all with the purples and exotics and such may have my perception a bit skewed.

• Options

which system are you on?

Ps4

I'm on the xbox, otherwise, id let you kill me repeatedly.

• Options
    I still have a few pieces of armor that are 18 or 19 so there's slight room for improvement. But a +18 light item will greatly level me.

Can you only have 1 exotic weapon and 1 exotic piece of armor equipped?

• Options
    CobellCobell Registered User regular

The gear you find at level 24 is level 20 blues. I sorta think that's where the Blues stop being good enough to level you further and you have to find/buy legendaries to continue.

This is where am at. I was stuck at level 24 for a bit (until I could get enough marks/rep for faction gear) as all my luck with exotics/legendaries were in weapons and not armor.

• Options

which system are you on?

Ps4

Let him kill you, right ok.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    I managed to have a good game of PvP last night, getting the triple play achievement as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCjgM2aJcMc&list=UUw7ZXtyC4lMcEnRzo50Ak5g

• Options
    DecatusDecatus Registered User regular
    Today is a good day for me. Bought the Exotic Titan helm from Xur and the engram, which gave me an exotic chest piece for my Warlock. Titan is now Light 26 - and holy crap, my loot is now diamonds. Seriously, within 20 minutes of just running around and killing dudes for bounties I found 3 legendary engrams (one purple class item that looks dumb, motes, and a coin). Also got my exotic bounty for Thorn upon turning in all 5 of my bounties today, so I'll be working on that tomorrow.

I've already told @Crayon that my brother and I will both help him out, as we've all got the bounty. If we could round up a few more for a full 6, I'm sure it would go super quick; I think we're planning on doing this tomorrow evening/night, so if anyone will be willing to help us out, I know we'd all be super grateful (on PS4).

PSN: decatus90
  • Options
    I wonder if I have the triple play achievement. I have a bunch of 10 streak kills so I must have gotten 1 of each somewhere in there. I don't remember it ever popping though. Maybe you can't die all match...

• Options
    Oh look a warlock killing people with their mysticism bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    A wizard did it.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    Tommat! What was that fusion rifle? One of the rep vendor ones?

• Options
    What's a triple play, killing an enemy with melee, weapon and super in one death? I could easily see doing that. Oh I'm sorry having that done to me.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I'm very sad they took out the purchase coin for glimmer, was going to have enough to maybe buy the bladedancer chest even though i really would prefer the hat from last week. Now I just have to hope to get lucky and get a coin before he goes away, since i'm stuck at 12 :(

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Have you done the weekly strike? You get 3 from that.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    What's a triple play, killing an enemy with melee, weapon and super in one death? I could easily see doing that. Oh I'm sorry having that done to me.

Triple Play is killing a Hunter, Warlock and a Titan as part of a Triple Down.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Oh I think I might have actually gotten that one in a blade dance or two. I still think the saddest thing is blade dancing near nothing. You get blade dance blue balls.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

which system are you on?

Ps4

Haha, well thanks!

• Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular

Ok, so the weekly strike is separate from the strike playlist, correct?

I can't remember if I already did the 22 weekly strike.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    LouieLouie Registered User regular
    6th legendary engram. 6blues

camo_sig.png
    Twitter - discolouie PSN - Loupa Steam - Loupa
  • Options
    Hiryu02 wrote: »

Ok, so the weekly strike is separate from the strike playlist, correct?

I can't remember if I already did the 22 weekly strike.

yes it is over on the left hand side of the map screen w/ the planets

it should remove the +3 strange coins from it's description if you've already done it. i have had other things remove the reward when completed from the description.

• Options
    Yeah its a strike listed on the left hand side when you go to select a destination.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Everyone knows the best Crucible medal is "Never Speak of This Again".
    Run over an enemy with the Sparrow. 210 pts.

• Options
    strategerystrategery Registered User regular
    Bought that titan helm from Xur + an engram. Awesometastic titan armor all around. So stupid you can only equip one at a time.

Now to finish my exotic weapon bounty and then buy a new legendary piece from the vanguard. I'll be online all day if anyone wants to do some strikes, crucible, or whatever. GT - Strategeryz0r

Strategeryz0r.png
  • Options
    So whats the combined arms event going on this weekend?

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.