Options

Super Smash Brothers! DLC CHARACTERS CONFIRMED! MEWTWO SPRING 2015!

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Katie's comic is reminding me how much I'm gonna miss Brawl in the Family.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    one week after brawl in the family ends, smash 4 the family launches

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular

yeah but what are they going to do once smash 5 for wii u comes out

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »

yeah but what are they going to do once smash 5 for wii u comes out

Sma5h in the family

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    okay but what about the rumored smash 6 coming out next year, possibly exclusive to the new 3ds

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    smash 6

worked for fast & furious

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    The Fast and the Furious
    2 Fast 2 Furious
    The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift
    Fast & Furious
    Fast Five
    Furious 6
    Fast & Furious 7

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    6Smash6Furious?

• Options
    Ah yes, FF7, my favorite of the FFs

It has that sweet snowboarding sequence

• Options
    I feel like the fast and the furious series is the saints row of movies

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options

Oh it is

Basically the last 2 have been amazing because they totally bought into being insane

• Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    Can somebody explain Conquest to me? I missed the memo on that being a thing.

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular

Oh it is

Basically the last 2 have been amazing because they totally bought into being insane

I don't understand what you mean

Are you implying that airport runways that are several dozen miles long are insane

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    They declare some kind of themed match, then randomly selected for glory games featuring a member of one of the sides award points to that team if that character wins

It's for funsies

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options

Oh it is

I don't understand what you mean

Are you implying that airport runways that are several dozen miles long are insane

fuck I love that movie so much

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »
    Gannondorf kills the royal hyruliam family and causes the world to become a living hell, including filling the capital with zombies and screwing over the Gerudo race of people in general.

And I am generally OK with Prime being ignored for story reasons because they totally screwed up the Metroid life cycle from 2, which gave us the cool as hell Omega Metroids which would be a neat thing to add to the roster.
    Tallon metroids have a different lifecycle from regular metroids.

As seen in Fusion and Other M, the lifecycle from Metroid 2 is still very much canon.

This. Metroids from Talon IV were a different "subspecies" and developed separately from the original batch on SR388. They're only about half the size of SR388 metroids and they naturally develop into "hunter" (the one with the grabby tentacle) metroids instead of the alpha->beta-> etc. of the SR388 subspecies.

We never see past that stage in their natural metamorphosis because by the end of MP1 there are only a handful of pure Talon IV metroids left, most of the species either being killed by Samus or mutated into Fission Metroids.

Most/all of the unmutated ones were then gathered up by the Space Pirates and taken to Aether, where they all got possessed by the Ing or blown up by Samus. Or taken to the Pirate homeworld and subjected to Phazon experimentation, where they became Phazon Metroids or Hopping Metroids, and ones that metamorphosed into Hunter Metroids were most likely turned into Metroid Hatchers. Honestly they kind of got a raw deal.

One interesting thing to note, Phazon metroids have a rudimentary face, and hopper metroids very much resemble Metroid Prime's hard shelled first form, both of which are created by infusing Tallon IV metroids with bunches of phazon. This gives quite a lot of credence to the idea that Metroid Prime used to be a regular Tallon IV metroid before being selected to be the Leviathan Guardian for the Tallon IV leviathan.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Yet another comic putting forth the slanderous propaganda that anything in any Nintendo-related manga is canon

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Are you trying to tell me you don't consider these canon, Wyborn?

manga_tww_c05p09.jpg

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    the wind waker manga is the most canon

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    the wind waker manga is the most canon

The game is a pretty good adaption, though

• Options
    I will vomit all over the place!

Nah the Zelda mangas are cute and harmless, at least partially because Nintendo hasn't tried to incorporate elements from them into the games

The Metroid manga is where the real problem is

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    I actually found it mostly inoffensive, when i read it a long time ago.

Writing ain't great, Chozo are kind of dicks and bad parents, but the idea that Samus makes it her entire life mission to destroy every Space Pirate she see's because Ridley burned her parents alive right in front of her eyes isn't something i'm opposed too.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I actually found it mostly inoffensive, when i read it a long time ago.

Writing ain't great, Chozo are kind of dicks and bad parents, but the idea that Samus makes it her entire life mission to destroy every Space Pirate she see's because Ridley burned her parents alive right in front of her eyes isn't something i'm opposed too.

That was canon way back in super metroid.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Ridley killing Samus's parents was in Super Metroid?

I missed that, apparently, though I only played the one time. Where was that?

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    It wasn't in the game but it was canon. Probably in an instruction book or something? Ridley kills her parents when the Space Pirates attacked K-2L when Samus was a child.

• Options
    Right, but I thought that was established in the manga, not in any of the games. If it was in Super Metroid then boy I'm gonna be red in the face

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Right, but I thought that was established in the manga, not in any of the games. If it was in Super Metroid then boy I'm gonna be red in the face

You know the solution to this problem?

Play Super Metroid again.

• Options
    One thing that comic did make me think about is Ganondorf and the shit he does whenever he shows up

Like, nobody thinks about that stuff much because haha, Zelda

But that shit is really dark and it's right there in the text more or less every time

I think he's the only villain in Nintendo's stable to have killed the hero in the end at least once

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Wyborn wrote: »

Manga, that's where it was. No I'm fairly certain it's not in the game. But you should probably play it again just to make sure. In fact, we should all double check.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    I don't remember them mentioning the Ridley killed Samus' parents thing in Super Metroid.

edit: living up to the turtle half of my name...

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Oh god there is a Super Metroid comic like those Wind Waker ones.

They're so weird. There's a running joke that Samus is obsessed with round things.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5cdiB46tZU

Skip to 1:50 to hear the sound of my heart breaking

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I...I said I wouldn't cry.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    if people come out with mod tools they'll probably be in there

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    mods mean nothing, until nintendo puts them back in the climbers are dead

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I'm in class, what's the issue?

• Options
    it's the thing where dr. mario's cheer/defeated can bug out into ice climbers'

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    Villager gets some sick kills, crowd starts cheering for Nana and Popo.

• Options
    I'm in class, what's the issue?

there is a leftover NANA POPO chant that can be triggered

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Also the Pokemon manga is far and away the best Pokemon story

It's not perfect, but it has lt. Surge using a grenade launcher that fires voltorbs so, you know, there's a lot that can e forgiven

This discussion has been closed.