As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[nfl]With My Last Breath, I Say Go Pats

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    it came up first!

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    The face of the Ravens has changed from Ray Lewis to Joe Flacco, which is basically like going from Stringer Bell to Roland Pryzbylewski.

ahahaha

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Flacco wishes he was Pryzbylewski

• Options
    molefacemoleface Registered User regular
    for those who want to watch something a little different today, the All Blacks are taking on the USA in a rugby match at soldier field. coverage on nbc at 3:30est. this will be more one sided than a thursday night game

battle.net: lankyplonker#1923
    psn: lankyplonker
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    That's very convenient because I'm stuck watching the worst football ever. Either ACC or service academies.

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    All blacks?

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    my seminary team is currently 2-0 at the Luther Bowl flag football tournament

Go Friars

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    earlier I broke off a run and the defender got desperate and tackled me so we got another 5 yards on the penalty and I was like 8-)

Kilroy on
  • Options
    molefacemoleface Registered User regular
    All blacks?

new zealand rugby team. most famous rugby team and currently world champs. also famous for the haka

battle.net: lankyplonker#1923
    psn: lankyplonker
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    The All Blacks are legendary, one of the best teams in sports history (arguably the best). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Zealand_national_rugby_union_team#Record

• Options
    Romo has two small fractures in his back, and could play Sunday.

• Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    I really hope he doesn't play.

Just fucking rest him until the bye.

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    people still think the jets have a chance. how could you not have given up on them yet. they just got blown out at home, and now they go on a road against a team that is at least above average in a tough stadium to play at and no, they're not gonna win this time either.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Why are they called the all blacks

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    There's a point where you're not being tough anymore, you're being stupid. Playing with two small fractures in your back is stupid.

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Why are they called the all blacks

AllBlack.jpg

Guess

Hermano on

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
  • Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    (If you don't want to guess, IIRC in Rugby the referee will generally refer to teams by what colour they're wearing. So Canada, for example, would be Red Black. New Zealand, being a powerhouse, kind of owns the name All Blacks, even outside of that original context.)

• Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    Huh, I always believed the "All Backs" mistake story. Assumed the color scheme just went along with it.

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Huh, I always believed the "All Backs" mistake story. Assumed the color scheme just went along with it.

That's another part of it. The refs generally refer to jersey colors (around the 1900s they had just strips on plain uniforms, so they had black strips), but there was also the typo in London around that time that was put on posters. It was a combination of the three, and it just never changed, and they even adapted the full black with white feather uniform around the name.
    Jars wrote: »

I hope he never gets a pick correct the rest of the season and keeps changing gimmicks. Eventually there's just 2 minutes devoted to mentioning each name and how things went wrong.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    I laughed way harder at that percy harvin joke than I should have.

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    Washington's bus was in an accident on the way to the stadium today.

No injuries

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    I just realized that I put ,y weekly 10 pound NFL bet on the Eagles, which means my tenner is in the hands of Elite Quaterback Nick Foles.

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Dan Snyder is suing the Native Americans who challenged the team's name with the patent office, because he is Dan Snyder and this is really the only thing he knows.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Also, Romo is out. So it's the Weeden experience in Dallas this week.

• Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Aj Green is back. Should be an obvious start. But having spent the majority of the season with both he and Megatron playing through injuries and producing little I am a bit hesitant. Ugh

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Pellaeon wrote: »
    Aj Green is back. Should be an obvious start. But having spent the majority of the season with both he and Megatron playing through injuries and producing little I am a bit hesitant. Ugh

Jags have the 27th ranked pass defense in the league. Start AJ Green.

• Options
    Green also stated he would not come back to be a decoy.

• Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    That's just the thing a decoy would say!

• Options
    Geno inactive, Matt Simms the backup in New York today.

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    people still think the jets have a chance. how could you not have given up on them yet. they just got blown out at home, and now they go on a road against a team that is at least above average in a tough stadium to play at and no, they're not gonna win this time either.
    Statistically, KC has the best pass defense in the league.

This should be a really long day for Vick.

mcp on
  • Options
    Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    mcp wrote: »

Does it feel weird to say that? It feels weird to read that. I didn't think KC's pass D would be this decent this season.

Play Diablo 3 RoS with me. PSN-Dogbone19

Play Fanduel. One Day Fantasy Leagues use my referral

Be my friend on Magic Online! Dogbone19 is me.
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Dogbone I got D3 for PS4 we should play

EDIT my psn is g0oseyourself

Goose! on
  • Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Dogbone33 wrote: »
    mcp wrote: »

Does it feel weird to say that? It feels weird to read that. I didn't think KC's pass D would be this decent this season.
    Our corners aren't that great, but the pass rush is off the hook.

Ron Parker has also done a great job in place of Berry.

I'm not 100% sure Berry is worth his contract.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    I just saw a shot of Brady in the snow? Was that an old b roll or will there be a snow game today?

• Options
    Rikidou HyuugaRikidou Hyuuga Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    it's coming down in foxborough right now, we'll see if it lasts but it's sticking and folks are saying 4 inches by gametime... winds are pretty strong too

e:

Rikidou Hyuuga on
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Hmm, starting AJ Green and Sanu on the same time, good idea or bad?

(my other options are Jordan Matthews and Martavis Bryant)

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    Washington's bus was in an accident on the way to the stadium today.

No injuries

Still probably the best drive they'll have today.

PAD ID - 328,762,218
This discussion has been closed.