Lord Of The PantsLord Of The Pants Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Goddamn predators. /sadface.

Lord Of The Pants on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Man, fill me in on the crash joke. All I can think of is Konstantinov but that was a car crash.

Here's you dose of bad-taste explained for the day.

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Well, sucks to be you Thrashers. 6-0? That's disgraceful.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • Options
    Smug DucklingSmug Duckling Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    God, 0-0 going into the third for the Canucks-Stars. With the exception of Game 1, this has to be THE most boring Canucks series I have ever seen.

Smug Duckling on
    smugduckling,pc,days.png
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Corvus wrote: »
    Well, sucks to be you Thrashers. 6-0? That's disgraceful.
    That was just embarrassing. A division winner losing by seven goals in the playoffs. The Rangers just completely dominated them from beginning to end. I don't think I've seen them play a better game since the lockout.

Locus on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Dear god in the Canucks game was that puck so bloody close to going over the line O_O.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    saggiosaggio Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    LUONGO IS A GOD AMONG ANTS

saggio on
    3DS: 0232-9436-6893
  • Options
    ScrumtrulescentScrumtrulescent Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    so guys

my fellow Ranger fans tell me that Potvin sucks

Edit: And so do the Thrashers.

Scrumtrulescent on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Canucks win!

Awesome. Just one more win and we're through to Round 2 for the first time in God knows how many years. Though I wouldn't be surprised at all if Dallas won 3 in a row.

Smug Duckling on
    smugduckling,pc,days.png
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    so guys

They're right.

Smug Duckling on
    smugduckling,pc,days.png
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    so guys

They're right.

No one hates like the Rangers fans it seems. That chant is about Denis Potvin and the dude retired after 1988!

Corvus on
  • Options
    Big_Boss_85Big_Boss_85 Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I really hope that NJ loses just so Lamoriello can look like an IDIOT for firing Claude Julien for no apparent reason, plus they screwed over the Leafs....

Also, I hope the Islanders lose in 5 cause Nolan is a dirty trick for what he did in Buffalo!

Lastly, I hope that Calgary can turn things around against Detroit... they have some good players in key positions.

Big_Boss_85 on
  • Options
    Simjanes2kSimjanes2k Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I really hope that NJ loses just so Lamoriello can look like an IDIOT for firing Claude Julien for no apparent reason, plus they screwed over the Leafs....

Also, I hope the Islanders lose in 5 cause Nolan is a dirty trick for what he did in Buffalo!

Lastly, I hope that Calgary can turn things around against Detroit... they have some good players in key positions.

As soon as I saw who was calling the Wings-Flames game in Calgary, I knew we needed a two goal lead for a W. That guy (McReery I believe his name is) loves to play underdogs in a big house (especially a VERY hard one to play like Calgary), but for some reason tonight decided to go after big names on both sides. Unfortunately, Detroit has more names.

The winning goal by Iginla was brilliant, and poorly played by Hasek. No fault on that. But the penalty that led to the tying goal.... /sigh.

Oh well, happens to all teams sometimes. At least we have the home ice for the series overall, and if we can take one in Calgary, fuggedabuddit.

Simjanes2k on
  • Options
    SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Simjanes2k wrote: »

As soon as I saw who was calling the Wings-Flames game in Calgary, I knew we needed a two goal lead for a W. That guy (McReery I believe his name is) loves to play underdogs in a big house (especially a VERY hard one to play like Calgary), but for some reason tonight decided to go after big names on both sides. Unfortunately, Detroit has more names.

The winning goal by Iginla was brilliant, and poorly played by Hasek. No fault on that. But the penalty that led to the tying goal.... /sigh.

Oh well, happens to all teams sometimes. At least we have the home ice for the series overall, and if we can take one in Calgary, fuggedabuddit.

Yes, tonight's game was a smashing good show. Except for Dion getting injured. Still, Giordano's goal more than made up for it.

I anticipate further broiling (HAR HAR) of wings in the following games in the series.

Sceptre on
  • Options
    Simjanes2kSimjanes2k Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Sceptre wrote: »
    Simjanes2k wrote: »

Yes, tonight's game was a smashing good show. Except for Dion getting injured. Still, Giordano's goal more than made up for it.

I anticipate further broiling (HAR HAR) of wings in the following games in the series.

You cracked me right up. No, really. Almost swore off smoking, I choked so hard there.

Anyhoo, Nicky sure did his job well covering Jerome again. Shame about that one play where he got a lucky bounce and kept his half a step, then made an IMPOSSIBLE shot bast Hasek. Eh. Good game, looking forward to switching arenas every game for the rest of the series.

Simjanes2k on
  • Options
    YallYall Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    etoychest wrote: »
    Sabres back on top. I thought Miller was gonna be shellshocked after taking a pair off the mask, but he was sharp. Mair scoring was a trip too. There were flashes when Bufflo was a punishing force in that game, though it was overall a pretty tight contest. I have to agree with the isles fans though, that penalty was pretty lame, but New York got pretty undisciplined near the end. We'll see how they respond Wednesday.

Nolan is still complaining that Vanek's goal was no good. Guy must be blind or refuses to watch the tape.

Or, maybe he figures his best chance is to play the "we got screwed" card to motivate his team.

Either way, they are going down tonight 5-2.

Yall on
  • Options
    Tucanwarrior13Tucanwarrior13 Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    QUOTE=deowolf;1402141]
    Man, fill me in on the crash joke. All I can think of is Konstantinov but that was a car crash.

Here's you dose of bad-taste explained for the day.[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised my quote didn't bring more fire

Tucanwarrior13 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    etoychestetoychest Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Yall wrote: »
    etoychest wrote: »
    Sabres back on top. I thought Miller was gonna be shellshocked after taking a pair off the mask, but he was sharp. Mair scoring was a trip too. There were flashes when Bufflo was a punishing force in that game, though it was overall a pretty tight contest. I have to agree with the isles fans though, that penalty was pretty lame, but New York got pretty undisciplined near the end. We'll see how they respond Wednesday.

Nolan is still complaining that Vanek's goal was no good. Guy must be blind or refuses to watch the tape.

Or, maybe he figures his best chance is to play the "we got screwed" card to motivate his team.

Either way, they are going down tonight 5-2.

I'm counting on a closer game, 4-3, Sabres. But yea, you could tell from a couple of the angles that the puck slid right over the line. I just wanna get out of this series and into the next round, and be healthy.

etoychest on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Ted Nolan will always play the no-goal card. He'll scream it in his padded cell the rest of his days.

deowolf on
  • Options
    YallYall Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

You mean fuckin Hasek's wife?

Yall on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Corvus wrote: »
    so guys

They're right.

No one hates like the Rangers fans it seems. That chant is about Denis Potvin and the dude retired after 1988!

We don't forget things

also it's fun to yell

Scrumtrulescent on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

I love how everybody knows that.

deowolf on
  • Options
    TalTal Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Which is the better game to listen to tonight? Devils / Lightning or Rangers / Thrashers? Or do I hold out for the Sabres in 30 minutes?

Edit:

So I chose the ranger's feed from nhl.com. However it wasn't meant to be as that link takes me to the Knicks game...

Tal on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    WHAT THE FUCK

oh man

oh my God

these Refs

I am so pissed off right now

Scrumtrulescent on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    goddamnit.

deowolf on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    okay it's 2-2 now

this is good

Scrumtrulescent on
  • Options
    GlaealGlaeal Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    What game?

Glaeal on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    deowolf wrote: »

Wait. What? I don't remember ever reading anything about that.

Glaeal: Rangers-Thrashers.

Locus on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    that was in

refs

if you get this wrong

heads will roll

Scrumtrulescent on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Locus wrote: »

It's not one of those 'read about' things. It's one of those things your buddies whisper to you in a bar between periods. I'll check the tubes after work, see if I can find a wikipage on it or something.

deowolf on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    sup Semifinaaaaaaaals?

Scrumtrulescent on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Man don't jinx it.

Locus on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Knock on wood

Scrumtrulescent on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    hahahahahahaha

oh man

they're chanting "Sweep" and "Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, goooooodbyeeeeee!" at the same time

Scrumtrulescent on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Now where did I put that broom...

Locus on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    what now, Sports Illustrated

Thrashers in seven my ass

Scrumtrulescent on
  • Options
    etoychestetoychest Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    That was a terrible comment in between period. "It's not when the ref blows the whistle, but when he thinks about blowing the whistle."

Anyway, solid win on the back of Drury's 2 goals. Now we can win this sucker on home ice.

etoychest on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Man, I smell some firings in Atlanta.

Pulling your starting goalie after one game? Ridiculous. And mortgaging the future for UFA Tkachuk (First, second and third round picks in various years) didn't exactly work out well.

Oh hey, I see Columbus canned their GM.

Corvus on
  • Options
    Big_Boss_85Big_Boss_85 Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    What are you guys saying about Julien getting fired though? I thought it was so bizarre, a lengthy explanation is required from the Devils' brass!

Big_Boss_85 on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Locus wrote: »

It's not one of those 'read about' things. It's one of those things your buddies whisper to you in a bar between periods. I'll check the tubes after work, see if I can find a wikipage on it or something.

Here's the Google search for the thing.

deowolf on