Options

No one expects the [Dragon Age: Inquisition]

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »
    Stilts wrote: »
    Hullis wrote: »
    I have begun playing Dragon Age: EX Green Hand

Well now I need to make my male Warden look like Zangief.

And romance Iron Bull.

We will be bears together.

I love this idea so much

holy shit I realized that this game is literally about protecting the Thedasian skies, too

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Hahaha, Lady Shayna's Valley
    The dragon immediately fireballed Varric into a gruesome death, followed up by the comment

Blackwall: "Varric, why do you have to taunt them like that!?"

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Regarding the Inquisitor, I think that they're more of a player avatar than Hawke was, for better or worse. Closer to the Warden, but you know, with actual dialogue. And I've noticed a few areas where you have conversations with companions and advisors where you get the opportunity to define your character's backstory through dialogue choices. Like, they ask if your family would be likely to lend aid to the Inquisition and you have options like "we barely speak," or "shit, they love politics, so probably." Little things like that.

So far I've enjoyed basically reacting to things as I think I'd react to these things. "Are you really some religious savior?" "Uh, shit, I guess I probably could be, huh?"

Also: I really like the war table stuff. I mean, the stuff where you and your little war council stand around and argue about what shit you're going to do next and how you're gonna do it. I like Josephine, Cullen and Leliana as much as any of the actual companions

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    I'm much more pleased with the second character I rolled. A Tal Vashoth mage has been pretty fun to play as so far. Also he doesn't look like a mouth breather in cutscenes which is a huge improvement!

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Captain K wrote: »
    chromdom wrote: »
    Goddamn, getting a lot of crashes in the Hinterlands

When you say "a lot" what exactly do you mean? I've now crashed twice in the first war room meeting, once in the cutscene/conversation and once when I was actually about to unlock the first area. It's frustrating and I don't know that I want to bang my head against it again, just to pray I make it to a checkpoint so I actually get some progress saved.

Really disappointing to find myself waiting for a patch to make this game truly playable, especially after the tutorial stuff got me excited to dig way in.

I was picking up a quest item just outside the farm area. Just started crashing all the way down, instantly powering off my machine. That happened a few times. I'm trying to skip it for now, but I hard crashed like before a few more times.
    Bought it on Origin, might have to return it tomorrow if I can't play it.

:(

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Anyone up for some PS4 multiplayer?

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    My GeForce Experience software just told me there's a driver update.

Installing it now. It says it improves performance for Inquisition, so let's hope it addresses the crashes.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    it didn't make them go away, for me at least, and I think I'm getting the exact same crash bug that you posted earlier

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    So my Reaver in multiplayer is Level 16, and it's perfect. Devour, Ring of Pain, and Dragon Rage have perfect synergy with each other and it's a razor tightrope balancing stamina and HP as you mow through enemies. I got a 1200+ damage critical with my 130 DPS maul. This shit is nuts.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Also I have a suspicion that Black wall
    isn't actually a Warden or, like, was saved by one and tried to take his place or something

Dude dodges every question about the Wardens and wasn't able to sense when I found Darkspawn, AND didn't have any advice about fighting them when asked

I don't think he's evil or anything, just not an actual Warden
    I think this would be a pretty interesting twist, it fits with how fanatical he is about the life of a warden while every other actual warden has been "well it sucks but someone's gotta do it"
    The biggest sticking point, for me, is how generic and evasive all of his answers about his time as a Warden are.

"Why don't you know where the Wardens are?" "Well, I've been alone, recruiting, for years."

"Where were you during the Blight?"
    "Oh, around Fereldan, killed a few darkspawn"

"Any tips about fighting Darkspawn?" "Uhhh, don't die!"

Plus you meet him conscripting some villagers to...fight bandits? And then he just abandons them? Not super Warden-y.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I really dig Blackwall though

He just asked Solas, after a conversation he and Sera had earlier, if he ever fucked a spirit in the Fade and Solas got SO FLUSTERED

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    lol whoops ran into a rift spitting out lvl 12 enemies at lvl 5

whoooooops

• Options
    So he's just Conrad Verner

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular

He just asked Solas, after a conversation he and Sera had earlier, if he ever fucked a spirit in the Fade and Solas got SO FLUSTERED

I've seen those desire demons, man
    don't say you didn't give it a shot

• Options

Reminds me of the flirting dialogue you can do with Cullen.
    Cullen starts talking about how the Templars have to take vows.

You can then ask, "So, does that include vows of celibacy?"

He's like, "Uh, no, it doesn't have to. Though some Templars take that vow...or go a step further."

You can then reply, "Did you?"

"I, uh, no? Why are you asking me this? Can we change the subject please?"

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    also i directx crash whenever i try to access multi so i might just stop playing for a few days, because if i crash there i just know at some point i'm going to crash in the story and it'll piss me off

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Damnit Varric, stop being mean to Blackwall by comparing him to Sebastian

once was okay, but this is two different convos in a row

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    I've been fortunate with my bugs. The biggest one is my male character being called her and what not in cutscenes. I was getting some slowdown on cutscenes and excessive load times but that seems to have settled down. Game runs pretty smooth for being nearly maxed out. Haven't had a cash yet, so fingers crossed.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    sebastian's all right

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    My Qunari inquisitor is flirting with everyone. To different degrees of success.

Cassandra, Iron Bull, Blackwall, Dorian, Sera, Vivienne, Cullen, Josephine and even Field Scout Harding.

Leaning towards Sera or Josephine for sure though.

I also just (mid-game? spoilers)
    Got my Skyhold! This thing is massive and feels impressive and I like having my own castle but I don't like how far apart everything is. Or that the forge is behind a loading screen. Though I loved the Dwarf from Origins showing up as my Enchanting person. She is super stoked to be there and had nice things to say about my Warden who encouraged her to get out of Orzammar.

I also ran into a strange bug where my voice actor suddenly switched accents and went to the other voice, I had to load a previous save to fix it.

It happened (also mid-gameish spoilers)
    When I ran into Hawke!

vegeta_666 on
    Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    So, mages vs templars

When you have 15 power
    should you go to the one you plan on supporting, or do you go to both before make the choice?

• Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Turambar wrote: »
    So, mages vs templars

When you have 15 power
    should you go to the one you plan on supporting, or do you go to both before make the choice?
    Whichever one you choose is the one you support. So if you go to Redcliffe and help the mages, you won't do the Templar mission.

vegeta_666 on
    Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    Cassandra slightly disapproves, the story of a dwarf being dragged kicking and screaming into a heroic destiny

• Options
    vegeta_666 wrote: »
    So, mages vs templars

When you have 15 power
    Whichever one you choose is the one you support. So if you go to Redcliffe and help the mages, you won't do the Templar mission.

k, thanks

• Options
    oh hey, Hayder's Razor

fancy meeting you here

• Options
    Bull: "Blackwall". "Iron Bull". We could fight crime!

Blackwall: Isn't that what we're doing? More or less? Right now?

Bull: Oh yeah...

• Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    Thanks for the DirectX reports folks. Firing them up the chain tomorrow.

One other thing to try - some people have had success by disabling FXAA. Not sure if it'll so anything but I don't have much else to offer at the moment, will be better able to help when I'm at the office.

WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    So, when I get this game workin' I kinda want to roll an Elf Mage. I hear you start out as a keeper-in-training. Sounds intriguing!

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Man, I do not know what is up with my internet. I wish multiplayer worked for me.

• Options
    large bears are by far the greatest threat to the inquisition

• Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    so how badly confused would i be if i just jumped straight into inquisitor with like barely any background knowledge

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Bull: "Blackwall". "Iron Bull". We could fight crime!

Blackwall: Isn't that what we're doing? More or less? Right now?

Bull: Oh yeah...

I love how Iron Bull acts like a really big child.

He's just, like, so happy to be here, you guys.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    I wasn't sure I believed all of the IRON BULL STEALS THE SHOW hype but

yeah

yeah he does

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Also after talking to Blackwall some more, yup 100% doubling down on my theory
    Dude talks about the Wardens like a fanboy, not like any actual Warden who had to go through the initiation process and probably watch fellow initiates die.

AND he refuses to talk about his past at all beyond being a soldier who wanted to do something other than fight in other men's wars

Dude is totally a fake Grey Warden

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options

yeah

yeah he does

Iron Bull has a fantastic ambient convo with Sera
    Bull is telling Sera that in the next battle, he's going to try throwing her behind enemy lines to cause chaos among the enemy's ranks. Sera objects to the idea, and suggests he toss someone else if he really wants to try it.

Bull: "Aw, come on! You and Varric are the only ones small enough for me to toss!"

Sera: "So toss him then."

Bull: "I can't. He's too dense."

Sera: "Then do some fucking lifts."

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Stilts wrote: »

yeah

yeah he does

Iron Bull has a fantastic ambient convo with Sera
    Bull is telling Sera that in the next battle, he's going to try throwing her behind enemy lines to cause chaos among the enemy's ranks. Sera objects to the idea, and suggests he toss someone else if he really wants to try it.

Bull: "Aw, come on! You and Varric are the only ones small enough for me to toss!"

Sera: "So toss him then."

Bull: "I can't. He's too dense."

Sera: "Then do some fucking lifts."
    I just got that one!

Those two are going to be fixtures of my party for sure

so far the only character I don't like is Vivianne and that's just because I've never been a fan of snooty aristocratic jerks

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    I disabled all antialiasing and have played for about 90 minutes now with no crash. Woo? Time for bed now, maybe a true fix comes soon. Hopefully I won't wake up to play tomorrow on my day off and actually get a bunch more crashes.

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    I think the american voice is fine for the vashoth but the horns are kind of weird because they make your forehead huge

in da2 they felt more naturally part of the head

Honest question Tal

does it bug you the game calls the hero a qunari

yes

Lots of characters call her oxman too, and refer to our grey skin and height compared to horses in somewhat derogatory terms.

488W936.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    OK I just checked my bank account and I'm doing way better this month than I realized sooooooo I'm gonna buy this tomorrow

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    OK I just checked my bank account and I'm doing way better this month than I realized sooooooo I'm gonna buy this tomorrow

High five dude

I've been scraping by for about 6 months and finally pulled ahead in time for a ton of games to come out

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
This discussion has been closed.