As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Aus official pin announcement(s)

245

Posts

  • darkinferodarkinfero BOP-IT Malden, MARegistered User regular
    Duckie wrote: »
    darkinfero wrote: »
    I been thinking about this. What if Pax Aus has the same amount of pins like last year.
    Aus shield, aus 2014 and the one magic pin.

    Except we already know there is going to also be a new Tearaway pin and a pin for Tin Man Games at the very least :P

    Also PVP should have a new pin also.

    My Pin collection
    signature_zpsna6t17lm.png
    Pinny Pal since PAX Prime 2013
  • TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Duckie wrote: »
    darkinfero wrote: »
    I been thinking about this. What if Pax Aus has the same amount of pins like last year.
    Aus shield, aus 2014 and the one magic pin.

    Except we already know there is going to also be a new Tearaway pin and a pin for Tin Man Games at the very least :P

    I'll accept any amount of pins as long as I can get 'em all!

    darkinferoDuckie
  • fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    If I could pick up all the pins in the first 2 hours of day one I would be sooo happy...

  • foehammerfoehammer procrastinator extraordinaire melbourneRegistered User regular
    [quote=Also PVP should have a new pin also.[/quote]

    no pvp as no Scott i asked him on twitter

  • BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
  • aleph0aleph0 Registered User regular
    Interesting that they reverted to the standard logo design for the Aus logo.

  • AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Is.....that.....it?

    My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

    8fuuo_RK.png
    KamelonManic2kVaanrosefishfishmonkeyhat
  • FitzchivalryFitzchivalry PAXAUS Cookie Brigade Coordinator Orrstrahleeeeah mate!Registered User regular
    Underwhelming, but thank god after Prime I'm glad my wallet can take a break.

    Kamelon
  • AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I get it though, AUS is still 'new' so bringing older pins so we get a chabce to get those is a good idea...the hardcore collector in me however is a tad disappointed at this offering

    My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

    8fuuo_RK.png
    Kamelon
  • FrostbyteFrostbyte Registered User regular
    So, that's now 9 pins, one of which is a dupe.

    I'm feeling a mix of emotions.

    On one hand, I know the Aussies are probably disappointed that they only have a few to enjoy hunting down. But in a way, I'm kinda jealous. Unlike me, you can actually *enjoy* PAX. I was so busy pin hunting, I had to skip a ton of panels, I didn't have time to play any game demos that didn't have a pin involved.

    and please consider this...

    As far as your pin groups are concerned... I think the combo of the 3x shipping to the US they will need to pay, along with how difficult AUS pins are for us to get, can be looked at as a trade-off.

    KamelonNowHiringHenchmen
  • odinson83odinson83 CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Aus pals also have to try and acquire older pins Staff and such. Pin pals are at an advantage in this, and yes much easier on the wallet. :-)

  • Shadowscars22Shadowscars22 Registered User regular
    Omg, those murderous pins are killing it! Get it? Killing. It.

    Okay, I'm out of here.

    Visit my website, thepintrader.com, the first Pinny Arcade store!
    fishfishmonkeyhatorthancstone
  • BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    Number of pin wise what you are really talking about missing is the third party pins. Aus is still a growing show, and the exhibitors investing may not have the money set to set aside for this extra bit yet. Plus hard to tell for sure how the average Australian will take to pins, I suspect they will be super popular, but we only have one year to go from, and pins were still a new thing then.

    I have faith it will grow in time to match East and Prime. I'm excited to get my hands on them though.

    -Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
    Frostbyte
  • purevalpureval Registered User regular
    Wow. I was joking about a low number of pins, but I did not think it would be this low. I guess the Aus. pins segment on the podcast is going to be a heck of a lot shorter than I was planning.

  • NowHiringHenchmenNowHiringHenchmen Registered User regular
    If you had maybe 10 more pins to this, it is my ideal pin list. I'm disappointed that the Aussies I know won't get to enjoy hunting down 40 pins, but at least like Frostbyte said, you can enjoy the show!

  • TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Love them all. Mainly the core, should be easy to get dupes too!

    Kamelon
  • darkinferodarkinfero BOP-IT Malden, MARegistered User regular
    The good thing is I will get dupes.
    I worked hard getting pins at east and prime.
    I'm jealous aus pin pals have it easy.

    My Pin collection
    signature_zpsna6t17lm.png
    Pinny Pal since PAX Prime 2013
  • SerpicoBCSerpicoBC Registered User regular
    I, for one, am thrilled there are only 9 and that all of them look cool.

    Aussie BenFrostbytefishfishmonkeyhat
  • HingoHingo Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    Great. Now I get to figure out how to acquire an AUS 2014 core set >.<

    Pins for trade!
    2015 PAX Prime Omeganaut (I will forever hate Katamari)
  • SerpicoBCSerpicoBC Registered User regular
    Hingo wrote: »
    Great. Now I get to figure out how to acquire an AUS 2014 core set >.<

    Lot of deep breathes first.

  • EvenstarEvenstar PAX Prime Princess Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    EEEEEEEE look at marsupial Kemper! I need that in my life!

  • grgemonkeygrgemonkey Registered User regular
    Hingo wrote: »
    Great. Now I get to figure out how to acquire an AUS 2014 core set >.<

    Trade for it of course :) It should not be as rare as the first year, I'm sure it will be pretty equal to any 2014 core set or 2015. I think South core set will be a pretty good trade for Aus, I have a feeling that may be the "other" PAX people have a hard time finding a pal for, at least in the early days.

    https://pinnypals.com - Be there or be your least favourite shaped pin. Pin trading and more.
    http://pinmash.info - Head-To-Head battle of pins! Choose the most desirable.
    http://pinnywise.com - iOS pin collection tracking app.
    ----
    My Delicious Pins For Trade
  • VaanroseVaanrose Pin Cushion SeattleRegistered User regular
    The AUS WOTC pins are so much cooler than the USA ones.

    Twitter: @vaanrose

    My PINS

    Verbosity is my charm point.
    TheAggroCraig
  • NefilyNefily Melbourne AURegistered User regular
    I would have liked a few more! But hunting down both staff sets and any pins I'm missing from the us shows will keep me busy I'm sure :D plus i love all the aussie animals pins!

  • AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    One thing i am glad though. No chinko machines! Or whatever you call tgem, bohemoth ball machines...

    My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

    8fuuo_RK.png
    fishfishmonkeyhat
  • purevalpureval Registered User regular
    Ayefkay wrote: »
    One thing i am glad though. No chinko machines! Or whatever you call tgem, bohemoth ball machines...

    The Devil's personal playground?

  • AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    The devil has an endless row of them, in one ball of one machine is a ticket to heaven, he gives you enough money to buy all but one ball, guess which ball you miss out on?

    My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

    8fuuo_RK.png
  • QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
    I understand why there are fewer pins, but it makes me no less sad.

  • dchoydchoy OregonRegistered User regular
    I think this is a pretty nice set. Not too big but not too small. Prime had a really long list of pins and I only went for the main set and didn't go for any staff. As long as eBay prices aren't too bad for AUS pins I will either buy them online or possibly trade at South.

    PAX Prime attendee since 2008.

    Another year of Prime gone by... commence the struggle!

    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/dchoy
  • DegraineDegraine Pinsomniac Victoria, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Vaanrose wrote: »
    The AUS WOTC pins are so much cooler than the USA ones.

    The Aussie Chandra pin is kinda what got me into pin collecting. I'm glad to see this year's one will be similarly awesome.

  • Manic2kManic2k Brotherhood of the Squirrel [AUS]Registered User regular
    I reserve my comments for the podcast.

    Pinny arcade - Pin Pals community page: www.facebook.com/pinnypals
    Community Pinny Arcade Trading web site: http://www.pinnypals.com
    Pinny Arcade - Pin Pals twitter: @PA_PinPals
    SubReddit:http://www.reddit.com/r/pinnypals
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/pinnypals
  • Manic2kManic2k Brotherhood of the Squirrel [AUS]Registered User regular
    Y'all will have to wait until then and tune in :p

    Pinny arcade - Pin Pals community page: www.facebook.com/pinnypals
    Community Pinny Arcade Trading web site: http://www.pinnypals.com
    Pinny Arcade - Pin Pals twitter: @PA_PinPals
    SubReddit:http://www.reddit.com/r/pinnypals
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/pinnypals
    Shadowscars22
  • AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    its been TOO LONG since our ears have been kissed by your sensual, barry white inspired baritone voices.......

    i mean....lookin forward to it!

    My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

    8fuuo_RK.png
    fishfishmonkeyhat
  • fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    If I could pick up all the pins in the first 2 hours of day one I would be sooo happy...
    Beker wrote: »

    Oh. Ok than I guess!

    Wait, they aren't doing a D&D game here are they... V_V

    Guess I'll be trading the east and prime pins guys!

    fishfishmonkeyhat on
  • PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    First, I should be bringing plenty of Pins over, so Aussies that need stuff, let me know.

    Also, if you want Pins, tell the vendors. If they hear from several people over the weekend about Pins, maybe next year they will get them. I will be pointedly talking to 5 Lives Studios. They are ripe for a Set with their upcoming game Satellite Reign (Spiritual successor to Syndicate Wars). 4 characters, each with very cool looks and the Evil CEO as a potential 5th.

  • DegraineDegraine Pinsomniac Victoria, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    PedroAsani wrote: »
    First, I should be bringing plenty of Pins over, so Aussies that need stuff, let me know.

    Also, if you want Pins, tell the vendors. If they hear from several people over the weekend about Pins, maybe next year they will get them. I will be pointedly talking to 5 Lives Studios. They are ripe for a Set with their upcoming game Satellite Reign (Spiritual successor to Syndicate Wars). 4 characters, each with very cool looks and the Evil CEO as a potential 5th.
    I don't even know what I'd ask for... maybe the Order pin? That looks neat. Or the Talent Pipes. Argh! The Talent Pipes! I pined so hard over the fact that there was no way in hell I could get that.

    What would you trade for though? I don't really have a lot of things I'd trade...I need to start collecting pins I don't want to keep for trading.

  • 00Fayt0000Fayt00 Registered User regular
    Ayefkay wrote: »
    Is.....that.....it?

    I'll also be bringing pins from the Us. I will have almost all the pins from this year + some to trade. I think all in all the AUS people will be covered when it comes to selection from people on the forums.

  • PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    Degraine wrote: »
    PedroAsani wrote: »
    First, I should be bringing plenty of Pins over, so Aussies that need stuff, let me know.

    Also, if you want Pins, tell the vendors. If they hear from several people over the weekend about Pins, maybe next year they will get them. I will be pointedly talking to 5 Lives Studios. They are ripe for a Set with their upcoming game Satellite Reign (Spiritual successor to Syndicate Wars). 4 characters, each with very cool looks and the Evil CEO as a potential 5th.
    I don't even know what I'd ask for... maybe the Order pin? That looks neat. Or the Talent Pipes. Argh! The Talent Pipes! I pined so hard over the fact that there was no way in hell I could get that.

    What would you trade for though? I don't really have a lot of things I'd trade...I need to start collecting pins I don't want to keep for trading.

    Sadly with the way the Order Pin was handed out, there aren't too many of those around.

    Really, I'd be happy swapping for anything Australian. If I can take US Pins there and bring Aus Pins back to help circulation on both sides I will be happy. That should at least keep the ebay prices down for a while.

  • Jake CappsJake Capps Patrick Space Force Base, FloridaRegistered User regular
    Frostbyte wrote: »
    As far as your pin groups are concerned... I think the combo of the 3x shipping to the US they will need to pay, along with how difficult AUS pins are for us to get, can be looked at as a trade-off.

    ಠ_ಠ

    ........I'm not quite sold on that idea.

    X4hAlPn.png

    My Pinny Pal's Lanyard

    "Players are artists who create their own reality within the game." - Shigeru Miyamoto
  • darkinferodarkinfero BOP-IT Malden, MARegistered User regular
    Jake Capps wrote: »
    Frostbyte wrote: »
    As far as your pin groups are concerned... I think the combo of the 3x shipping to the US they will need to pay, along with how difficult AUS pins are for us to get, can be looked at as a trade-off.

    ಠ_ಠ

    ........I'm not quite sold on that idea.

    We have to pay just as much for shipping to aus.
    I'm still like the idea of pin banks.

    My Pin collection
    signature_zpsna6t17lm.png
    Pinny Pal since PAX Prime 2013
Sign In or Register to comment.