Options

PAX Aus official pin announcement(s)

• Options
    brettness37brettness37 Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular
    Last year my Aus partner paid half what I did for shipping. Not sure where this idea that shipping from AUS is so much worse than the reverse came from.

• Options
    FrostbyteFrostbyte Registered User regular
    Ya ok, after seeing that Pinquest sheet, they will be plenty busy :) Especially if they don't to a staff trading event.... but odds are they will.

• Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    They bloody well better!

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I feel a bit bad for Aussies having to get them all in one go... Good luck with those numbers. And of course getting Ben won't be too easy, though maybe they'll have a few.

• Options
    AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Well maybe each staff member will have both their pins so people can trade for both at same time. Youd just need twice as many trade fodder pins

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    DuckieDuckie Squirrel Squad Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Degraine wrote: »
    I thought it was a cassowary. Which is like an emu, only compacted down to about two feet of malicious cunning and hunger for the shins of passersby.

Really?
    I wouldn't have said they looked the same/similar at all.

Pinny Pals Lanyard | I make things!!

[X]PAXsouth 2015
    [X]PAXaus 2015
    [?]PAXeast 2016 ???
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    tHvjWuO.png

So I guess Gavin is trading these, but did they actually mean to rename them?

Erika goes by Gavin now.

It's what's on her twitter at least. https://twitter.com/egreco

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Oh, fair enough.

I'd been assuming Gavin was a new hire I hadn't heard about yet.

fishfishmonkeyhat on
  • Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Ayefkay wrote: »
    Well maybe each staff member will have both their pins so people can trade for both at same time. Youd just need twice as many trade fodder pins

That's what I mean, 24+ staff pins isn't exactly cheap, especially since there aren't many freebies to get to soften the blow, and the shipping prices to get mass Lookouts.

• Options
    PedroAsani wrote: »
    Nefily wrote: »
    I did a google, for australian native birds with orange eyes (because i was also stumped), and i think its an emu they are grey with orange eyes.
    Duckie wrote: »
    It's an emu isn't it? Given that the kangaroo and the emu are on our national emblem...

Winners.

Women logic, works every time :P

[X]PAXsouth 2015
    [X]PAXaus 2015
    [?]PAXeast 2016 ???
  • Options
    24+?

I was hoping the 3 sets of lookouts I got would cover them, but that's only 18 pins.

Shit.

• Options
    Get a lot of free MtG pins. And Sunset Overdrive.

• Options
    Won't we have to demo games to get those?

• Options
    QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
    Won't we have to demo games to get those?

For the MTG one yes, but generally it's a pretty efficient way to obtain trade fodder. Dunno what craziness they'll have people do for the Sunset Overdrive one.

• Options
    I know it was one of the harder ones to get at Prime.

• Options
    dchoydchoy OregonRegistered User regular
    I know it was one of the harder ones to get at Prime.

There was two ways to get the Sunset Overdrive Pin at Prime. The hard way was to get 1st place out of 8 people in the chaos mode for Sunset Overdrive. Obviously this means you would have to know how to play the game decently and beat everyone around you. I played it once and got 5th place. Then I played it two more times and got first both times. The easier way was to take a picture at the Xbox Booth with the Sunset Overdrive backdrop. Don't know if they will have that at Aus though since the game launches next Tuesday.

PAX Prime attendee since 2008.

Another year of Prime gone by... commence the struggle!

https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/dchoy
  • Options
    I grabbed a Sunset pin every time i was in the area... So I left with 4 iirc.

• Options
    I grabbed a Sunset pin every time i was in the area... So I left with 4 iirc.

I left with three total I believe.

• Options
    purevalpureval Somersworth, NH Registered User regular
    tHvjWuO.png

So I guess Gavin is trading these, but did they actually mean to rename them?

tjP8ru8.png

Are Jeff and Kristin not coming down this year?

Both said today on Twitter that they will be missing this PAX.

• Options
    Thanks for the info.

• Options
    DegraineDegraine Pinsomniac Victoria, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I thought it was a cassowary. Which is like an emu, only compacted down to about two feet of malicious cunning and hunger for the shins of passersby.

Really?

I dunno, the shapes were very confusing to me and I...was confused. I JUST FINISHED EXAMS OKAY

• Options
    edited October 2014

Really?

I dunno, the shapes were very confusing to me and I...was confused. I JUST FINISHED EXAMS OKAY

Hahaha, maybe if you only look at the bodies and ignore the heads :P
    It's ok, I'm on a no sleep bender trying to get all my projects finished at the moment so I totally get it.

Duckie on

[X]PAXsouth 2015
    [X]PAXaus 2015
    [?]PAXeast 2016 ???
  • Options
    I forget if it was mentioned in here or not, what do we have to do for the sony pins? Just trade with the CB or a donation?

• Options
    I forget if it was mentioned in here or not, what do we have to do for the sony pins? Just trade with the CB or a donation?

Minimum donation of $10 to cookie brigade.

• Options
    Drayven_DarkoDrayven_Darko Canberra, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    It will available from our brigadiers for a minimum donation of $15 with ALL PROCEEDS WILL BE GOING TO CHILDS PLAY CHARITY!

I think you mean $15

"Sometimes I doubt your commitment to 'Sparkle Motion'."
  • Options
    Thanks chaps!

• Options
    It will available from our brigadiers for a minimum donation of $15 with ALL PROCEEDS WILL BE GOING TO CHILDS PLAY CHARITY!

I think you mean $15

Lol sorry I was going off what the minimum requirement was for the Iota pin at Pax Prime. Guess they upped the ante ;)

• Options
    dmosineedmosinee Davenport, IARegistered User regular
    If that's $15 AUD, then it's a bit less of an ante upping -- Google tells me $13.17 USD

Digital Lanyard, I love trades - https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/dmosinee
    http://pinmash.info - Two pins enter, one pins leaves... then the other pin leaves with a lower Elo rating
  • Options
    FitzchivalryFitzchivalry PAXAUS Cookie Brigade Coordinator Orrstrahleeeeah mate!Registered User regular
    Yes guys its minimum $15 AUD for the Atoi Pin. But it all goes to Child's Play so don't be cheap.

We are also most likely instigating a limit of 2 pins per transaction similar to other pins, for the first couple of days to ensure everyone gets a chance to get a pin. This is however to be confirmed.

• Options
    purevalpureval Somersworth, NH Registered User regular
    What about online donations to get a pin shipped?

• Options
    FitzchivalryFitzchivalry PAXAUS Cookie Brigade Coordinator Orrstrahleeeeah mate!Registered User regular
    pureval wrote: »
    What about online donations to get a pin shipped?

Bit hard to negotiate I'm afraid. But any pins we don't sell will most likely go back to MediaMolecule who would I assume be heading to East, if not South before that. But I'm sure with the amount of yanks coming over for Aus you will be able to trade for one relatively easy.

• Options
    KamelonKamelon Canberra, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Yes guys its minimum $15 AUD for the Atoi Pin. But it all goes to Child's Play so don't be cheap.

We are also most likely instigating a limit of 2 pins per transaction similar to other pins, for the first couple of days to ensure everyone gets a chance to get a pin. This is however to be confirmed.

Where can we find the Cookie Brigade, Fitz? I saw them once, serving the lineup on Day 1 last year and don't recall seeing them again.

Pinny Arcade Collection & Trades
    Heroic Coaching & Consulting - Personal Development & Coaching For Nerds

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6423-4833

"Every suggestion from the FAQ with a link? Kamelon. A truly Organised Pinthusiast." - PedroAsani
  • Options
    We will be wandering around. We generally hang out near large groups of people - table top, hand held lounge, walking up and down queue lines for the big ticket events.
    You can also post to our twitter @cookie_brigade and make a request - we also post there with updates as to where we are.

• Options
    hipihipi Registered User new member
    edited October 2014
    I'm new to Pinny Arcade. I only discovered that it even exists 3 days ago! I have collected different pins and badges ever since I was a kid.
    I have no pins to use as trade fodder at PAX Aus this weekend because I am so new. :(

hipi on
  • Options
    aleph0aleph0 Registered User regular
    Pick up multiples of the Aus Core Set and Aus 10th Anniversary pin if you can! They are likely to be quite valuable as trade fodder post PAX Aus. I would gladly trade you their Prime and/or South equivalents, as I'm sure others would as well.

• Options
    hipi wrote: »
    I'm new to Pinny Arcade. I only discovered that it even exists 3 days ago! I have collected different pins and badges ever since I was a kid.
    I have no pins to use as trade fodder at PAX Aus this weekend because I am so new. :(

Get what you can at Aus, they will be valuable to pretty much any US pinny arcade collector.

• Options
    rentfnrentfn Registered User regular
    hipi wrote: »

Yepo, I will trade tons of east and prime pins for AUS pins. You need not worry!!!!

• Options
  • Options
    AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    NOICE

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    edited October 2014

Asked him in the replies and they're going to be selling them and giving away a game with them.

fishfishmonkeyhat on