Options

kittens with mus[chat]hes

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    k bros bedtiem it is nearly 6am and i have to be up at 2pm ffs gadnert

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Im going to see Ghostbusters tomorrow. In a theater!

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    the new ghostbusters isn't going to be crap because it's all women, it's going to be crap because some exec was like "hey what haven't we remade yet" "oh i dunno, ghostbusters?" "perfect! oh by the way we should make them all chicks this time, we'll like, have boob jokes or something too"

like I hope I'm wrong because I'm a pretty cynical person

but announcing "the cast will be all female" without announcing the specific actresses made my cynicism sense tingle

• Options
    New Ghostbusters will probably suck because WHY!

• Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    the new ghostbusters isn't going to be crap because it's all women, it's going to be crap because some exec was like "hey what haven't we remade yet" "oh i dunno, ghostbusters?" "perfect! oh by the way we should make them all chicks this time, we'll like, have boob jokes or something too"

but announcing "the cast will be all female" without announcing the specific actresses made my cynicism sense tingle

as has been pointed out, it doesn't even make any sense, like everyone is going to be a woman? there aren't even such a thing as woman ghosts, they're called banshees, and let me tell you, you don't want to sit in a dark room with them for two hours at the arclight

You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular

I mean most scripts are written before casting is done. This is not uncommon at all. And it's a big enough franchise and has a big enough writer/director attached that it'd be kind of surprising if they attached someone to it from the get-go.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited October 2014

The director chose that direction, dogg.

Cleric can cheer you up with a lady ghost buster drawing.

I've got good news for you - McCarthy won't be in it.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    New Ghostbusters will suck because old Ghostbusters sucked too.

There, I said it.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »

There, I said it.

*The room goes into a shocked silence*

• Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    now that I am back home from work, I can see that if I want to on the LSAC website, I could obsessively check my answer sheet, the correct answers and the questions of the test... but I'm pretty happy with my score, and I think it would get me into the school that I want to go so... :roll:

• Options
    Tarranon wrote: »

as has been pointed out, it doesn't even make any sense, like everyone is going to be a woman? there aren't even such a thing as woman ghosts, they're called banshees, and let me tell you, you don't want to sit in a dark room with them for two hours at the arclight

Yes, there won't be any male actors in the entire movie.

edit: Now I want them to fight banshees, dammit.

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote: »

There, I said it.

I also think Spaceballs was a lousy parody.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    they are remaking ghostbusters?

It will suck because it doesn't have the following things:

Bill Murray
    Harold Ramis
    Dan Akroyd
    Sigourney Weaver
    Rick Moranis
    William Atherton
    Annie Potts

The cast of the original was simply magic, and they just don't make movies like Ghostbusters anymore. I mean, name three actors who could play Murray, Ramis, and Akroyd in a new movie. Male or female doesn't even matter.

It's going to suck.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular

Sylvanas_Windrunner.jpg

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    I follow Kojima for a reason. The man knows how to retweet.

bayogear.jpg

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    The problem with an all-female cast in new Ghostbusters, is that female comedy in general is trickier then male comedy. Some things just don't work as well due to cultural baggage.

Conversely, I think it's a genius idea really: a nice mirror image to the original and definitely worth trying if you simply must do a Ghostbusters movie. The safe route would be a lot worse.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    lol raidenetta

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    all-women ghostbusters is going to be great

you sons of bitches

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options

There, I said it.

This post just gave me the VAPORS!

• Options
    edited October 2014
    is it going to be as good as the original, which is one of the greatest comedies/movies of all time? probably not

but there are tons of great female comedians out there and great comedy writers who can make it a good fun movie

Eddy on
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I like the idea of a female cast of Ghostbusters, but I want the original cast not new people!

And now they cant get the original cast, so bleh.

Anyway. Ghostbusters. The original. Tomorrow. Yay!

Neco on
  • Options
    edited October 2014

will they at least be rehiring andy serkis to reprise his role as slimer, or more likely slimette?

and if not, why not? he's just the mocap, what is the deal with this directior

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    ghostbusters more like busty ghosts

• Options
    spool32 wrote: »
    they are remaking ghostbusters?

It will suck because it doesn't have the following things:

Bill Murray
    Harold Ramis
    Dan Akroyd
    Sigourney Weaver
    Rick Moranis
    William Atherton
    Annie Potts

Murray wasn't going to be the sequel, any way. He ignored their calls and shredded the scripts they sent rather than read them. Ramis is dead. Ackroyd isn't as interested since he's not the one calling the shots anymore. Moranis is retired. Weaver could probably do it if they throw enough money at her. Atheton and Potts are replaceable.
    The cast of the original was simply magic, and they just don't make movies like Ghostbusters anymore. I mean, name three actors who could play Murray, Ramis, and Akroyd in a new movie. Male or female doesn't even matter.

It's going to suck.

Movies get made with excellent casts regularly. Avengers and GOTG had amazing casts, for instance. Give it a decade or two and you'll get a reboot of the original ghost busters - I'm surprised they didn't do that. These characters aren't that hard to revamp with new actors, Hollywood has plenty of great actors from movies and tv to pick from with career defining, iconic roles.

• Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    Old things we like are great and new things are terrible.

More internet at 11.

• Options
    Eddy wrote: »

you sons of bitches

see when I hear "remake" my mind thinks "complete shit"

always nice when I'm proven wrong though

• Options

There, I said it.

I also think Spaceballs was a lousy parody.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQwjojvRNI4

• Options

More internet at 11.

they seem to agree or they'd be making something new instead of digging up a property that was just fine being dead

• Options
    edited October 2014
    i want elkis post to appear so i'm gonna make it

hmm that usually works

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    Eddy wrote: »

you sons of bitches

see when I hear "remake" my mind thinks "complete shit"

always nice when I'm proven wrong though

I am extremely cynical of superhero movies, where remakes are pumped out as shovelware using the same unbearable origin story with the same two-dimensional superhero

remaking older movies can be fun and retain the same general fun-ness as their older counterparts mostly because they can avoid the awful baggage of fanservice-y superhero movies

• Options
    I'm just sick of remakes and sequels to old movies.

Please excuse me, I have a cloud to yell at.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    idk if ghostbusters will be good i wuill have to watch it first i guess

• Options
    edited October 2014
    The problem with an all-female cast in new Ghostbusters, is that female comedy in general is trickier then male comedy. Some things just don't work as well due to cultural baggage.

Bridemaids was funny with funny actresses and it wasn't a shitty comedy like Adam Sandler flicks, it had drama with compelling, damaged characters.
    Conversely, I think it's a genius idea really: a nice mirror image to the original and definitely worth trying if you simply must do a Ghostbusters movie. The safe route would be a lot worse.

I want to see what gets made.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

There, I said it.

@Ludious‌ gonna git u @Aioua‌

• Options
    they just re-release blue is the warmest color with ghostbusters on the poster

• Options

More internet at 11.

they seem to agree or they'd be making something new instead of digging up a property that was just fine being dead

They've been trying to make a third sequel for years with the original cast before this happened. Ramis dying killed that movie dead behind the scenes.

• Options
    Ghostbusters 3 was a video game....

• Options
    edited October 2014
    watch the only male character in the film will be the secretary, and everyone in the theater will be daring for me to say something about it, like when kanye always puts white people in servile positions in his music videos

what do you think the message is tarranon? do you think they're saying anything, or just playing around with the themes and imagery

did you think the music video MIA did where gingers were ethnically cleansed had more to do with their whitness, their status as a marginally oppressed minority, or some combination of the two

i'm on to all of you. i don't think anything

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    Neco wrote: »
    Ghostbusters 3 was a video game....

They were also trying to get a movie made.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Who likes babes, in space?

UrWd1z7.jpg

Are we talking about space babes?
    4Beywwsm.jpg
    Anna Fisher is still my go to.

Edit* is yours also anna fisher?

Doodmann on
    Whippy wrote: »