Options

kittens with mus[chat]hes

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    -add some more states. juggling is stupid and terrible

reported

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baF6euUnktI

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    games where I get to shoot nerds

always fun

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Really want to get drunk.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Wait, so that is Bayonetta, except starring Korra?

I might purchase this bideo gamu.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    i'm really really glad bloodborne is ditching shields because vindication

and yes, you can 'play aggressive' in dark souls but the way you play aggressive is kinda stupid (and doesn't work against bosses). I know, because that's how I played the game! Two handing an ultra greatsword so i can break enemies guard and attack them from outside their reach. Which just meant I basically insta-killed trash without having to think about them or engage them or anything.

personally i like that different styles of combat work very well or very poorly against various enemies, or have to be used in very different ways

ideally every style would have its strengths and weaknesses, and the advantage of a quality build (which i always do) would be versatility with reduced effectiveness.

i played the game using heavy weapons to deal with low-poise enemies, always going for a one- or two-shot if i could (especially if i could pancake people with a greathammer), a longbow and crossbow for enemies on ledges or quick little bastards i could one-shot, a straight sword that i two-handed against bosses and slow, high-poise enemies, and another straight sword that i added to dual wield against certain other bosses who had shorter vulnerable periods, etc.

i never used a greatshield and really dropped shields at all later on, so i don't know how dumb greatshields really were, but i'm sure they were fairly dumb. i feel like they were put in so players who are bad at the game can still play and have a shot.

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    The Korra game trailers are offputting to me because the fighting doesn't have much to do with what element you're using.

Like, the different attacks using different elements often look like palette swaps rather than distinct fighting styles.

Which is unfortunate and boring, because different elements corresponding to different fighting styles? That is one of the coolest thing about the fights in that setting.

I guess in fairness the Korra show also kind of sucks at that. -_-

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Cinders wrote: »

kvyqb497m3c8.jpeg

dmzyajkyw5pr.jpeg

6zmytfydtwk9.jpeg

:?:

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Syn - you can totally play it on your iphone 6+. Screen should be plenty big for it. People play it on iphone 5.

• Options
    ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    So ludious picked up my new prescription for the extended release version of my pain med. The doctor actually added this to what I was already taking after me telling him for years that I was suffering, so I'm still in disbelief that he finally decided to actually fucking help me. I only had to get to the point where I generally cant stand for more than 5 mins without something going numb, thats all.

I feel like I should be cradling it in my arms like a fragile golden egg or some shit before it disappears and I wake up. Taking it tomorrow AM, hope it helps a lot!

Ok im really going to sleep now. God why do I do this to myself?!

I post Makeup stuff and Schnauzers on instagram.

Ludious wrote: »
    I react like a dyslexic crash test dummy. Hit the wall then the brakes.
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    @desc I see you playing Korra. Tell me about it.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    attacking guys in the air can be cool if they behave like physically convincing objects

seeing dudes just sort of float and bounce in place as you smack them is just so plain and boring

• Options
    Elki wrote: »
    @desc I see you playing Korra. Tell me about it.

I just started! I am a lady and I fought some like, shadow monsters? Now I am playing I guess the air bending sport?

It's kind of like Tron where three guys are shooting air/water/fire and inhalers deflect block it back at them.

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I think that death as mechanic is the next big thing that we will start to see in all games. Once the concept of lives and continues was dropped, death stopped being an end state for games and if that is the case then there is no good reason to make death a big time sink. letting you restart at the last room or something like that seems best to me, but the whole world should reset, so you can't just wear enemies down like in Bioshock 1 (that killed the game for me).

On ammo scarcity, I think its best when ALL ammo is scarce so you have no choice but to keep using it and hard fights will cause you to go through most of your ammo. Hoarding isn't an option when you have no alternative to using your limited ammo stores. I agree that 5 ammo total for your super weapon is stupid and encourages waiting until the end.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    This mirrored my Dark Souls experience. Right down to the terrible slowdown in Blight Town. I also shit a brick when I first saw Frampt.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M9ONL6BcbU

emnmnme on
  • Options
    rockrngerrockrnger Registered User regular
    I am having a extremely strange week. Bridge mishaps, shit and now acting captain rock for the rest of the night.

Also, it's strange this thing in Houston isn't getting more traction. No one can say it's from lack of trying tho.

http://m.christianpost.com/news/the-single-greatest-civil-rights-threat-of-our-time-128396/

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    desc once of the related videos there is "pretty women playing sports 1080p hd"

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    but it's also a game about isolation and despair and cyclical decay, and as you delve into crumbling fortresses and murky caverns and haunted crypts, you can really feel the oppressive atmosphere of it. everyone is undead and slowly going mad, you're always at risk of dying if enemies get the drop on you, and exploring an unknown area is thrilling. there's a great sense of space and physicality to the levels, and together with your vulnerability it makes it feel... adventurous? as opposed to like you're exploring a theme park, which is how i feel in most other games, even open world ones.

The relentlessly brown/murky color palette turned me off: I got the whole decay vibe, but it struck me as more dismal than engaging.

Also, the possibility of getting invaded by some jackoff who wants to grief me is already enough to make me 100% not buy a game even if I would otherwise love it.

But! I'm definitely not saying it's a bad game. It's just not for me.

• Options
    I played and loved Demon Souls. Never played either Dark Souls. Plan on playing the PS4 one though.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    GamerGate may be the worst thing since World War II.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    MrMister wrote: »
    but it's also a game about isolation and despair and cyclical decay, and as you delve into crumbling fortresses and murky caverns and haunted crypts, you can really feel the oppressive atmosphere of it. everyone is undead and slowly going mad, you're always at risk of dying if enemies get the drop on you, and exploring an unknown area is thrilling. there's a great sense of space and physicality to the levels, and together with your vulnerability it makes it feel... adventurous? as opposed to like you're exploring a theme park, which is how i feel in most other games, even open world ones.

The relentlessly brown/murky color palette turned me off: I got the whole decay vibe, but it struck me as more dismal than engaging.

Also, the possibility of getting invaded by some jackoff who wants to grief me is already enough to make me 100% not buy a game even if I would otherwise love it.

But! I'm definitely not saying it's a bad game. It's just not for me.

invasions aren't very common, and they're level bounded - for part of the game's life cycle, it's pretty fair, until people learn how to break it

it's at the point now where invaders will come in and see you fighting monsters and just watch, doing the cheering and supportive gestures as you fight, and wait until you're done and heal up and equip your PVP gear, and then they put on some bizarre outfit and use some strange but effective build and you duel to the death

PC is pretty bad for hackers but some of them do things like make themselves into martial arts santa claus and then, when you get them to low health, they drop some items as gifts and then fly into the sky until they reach the skybox and die

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    I am apparently not understanding the gist of the air bendubg sport

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
  • Options
    desc wrote: »

basically

hit each dude until he falls back

or

counter their bending florps by pressing left trigger just before it lands

or

piledriver one of them hard enough he goes off and then it is a 1v2 or 1v1 rather than 1v3

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    COUNTER THEIR FLORPS

• Options
    desc wrote: »

basically

hit each dude until he falls back

or

counter their bending florps by pressing left trigger just before it lands

or

piledriver one of them hard enough he goes off and then it is a 1v2 or 1v1 rather than 1v3

Deflecting seems to take too long and I runnout of time and they get 3 or 4 points even if I pushed then back some

I guess I will try knocking off one guy first to slow then down

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    BLERN! BLERRRRRRRRRN

• Options
    Oh
    Okay I totally misunderstood the goal

That was easy

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Do i...

a) sleep in earlier
    b) draw a thing

and if b), what thing.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    Do i...

a) sleep in earlier
    b) draw a thing

and if b), what thing.
    b) a pensi

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Simpsons World Website only has a few commercials.

So getting a commercial break that was one red bull commercial, back to back, four times.

Wow, so glad I have this instead of hulu for new simpsons episodes.

:/

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Orphan Black is the absolute best holy shit you guys should all be watching it now

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    a)

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    P10 wrote: »
    Do i...

a) sleep in earlier
    b) draw a thing

and if b), what thing.
    b) a pensi

But P10...

i already am be a pensi.

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    Orphan Black is the absolute best holy shit you guys should all be watching it now
    Orphan Black is a good show!

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    should i
    a) spend a whole vacation in switzerland
    b) go to other random european countries and spend way more time/money traveling

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    c) not crowdsource my personal decisions

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    the thing about dark souls is much as i dislike the emphasis on sitting around with your finger up ur butte the combat is very fit for purpose

and the use of raycasting to determine where weapons hit and stuff makes it all feel very real and simulated

es very stronk bonus for verisimilitude and stuf

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    should i
    a) spend a whole vacation in switzerland
    b) go to other random european countries and spend way more time/money traveling

I'd say Swissland.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »

cheers

man today i got the best haircut and had a good session with my life coach guy

makes me realize all the progress i've made in my job and personal life re: dating lately in that i'm actually trying at both

This discussion has been closed.