As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Payday 2] Ron Perlman joins the crew! THE BIKER PACK available now!

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    I heard a ton of third-person Chains lines in that link.

Sokol also had one, but it was a hockey reference ("Sokol shoots...Sokol scores!"), but I didn't hear anyone else do it.

• Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    The last thing the goddamn game needs is more shit to roll for. Me and a friend started the game over with the PS4 Crimewave Edition, and it took us 3 months of playing before we got our first mask. The card loot system worked perfectly fine in the beginning, but after over 30 DLC packs the game is bloated with random crap.

All they have to do is remove some of the randomness of the loot system and it'd be significantly better. My personal preference would be to just let the player choose what category of loot to pick from. You already have mods, masks, patterns, textures, colors, and now skins. Just remove the bullshit cash and exp choices, let us choose the category, and throw out three cards. Hell, have them be face up and let us decide which we want. Also, I'm sick of repeats in a game with such a mountain of useless loot in it. If you have something collecting dust in you inventory, it shouldn't be something you can randomly get again. Clearly we haven't used what we have, giving us another is stupid.

And I know the first response to justify the randomness is that the DLC isn't needed to play. Maybe, but if you're punishing your players who buy your DLC with worse odds for good loot, then your system is shit. How about a system where we can turn off certain DLC when we play, because some packs I bought have absolute trash missions. At least with missions you can buy one from the broker at a fairly reasonable price, with loot your SOL.

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    Quiotu wrote: »
    Also, I'm sick of repeats in a game with such a mountain of useless loot in it. If you have something collecting dust in you inventory, it shouldn't be something you can randomly get again. Clearly we haven't used what we have, giving us another is stupid.

This actually is in (PC version at least, I assume it's in the PS4 version as well). For Weapon Mods, if you have two copies of a mod sitting in your inventory(not currently attached to a weapon), then you shouldn't get anymore as Card Drops. Additionally, Masks that are in your Inventory have their droprate cut in half.

I think I remember something about the chance for masks also being modified by your level (higher chance of mask at higher levels).

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Well the new LMG is nice but I am going to have to find places to use the Bipod
    And the M249's bipod is a drop that's silly as it's part of the handguard!

• Options
    RedthirstRedthirst Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Lars wrote: »
    Isn't that the hallway near where you get the thermite from the copy machine? In the LMG image, the copy machine room would be directly behind the player, and the manager's office is on the left with the windows.

If it is then it looks differently from PD:TH version. For reference:
    11DF04A77293CD292DF1F4ECEDF23E64D1F4F890

Redthirst on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    What's that from?

• Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    lol, first instinct is to bag that painting

Edit: 6 new achis? FWB incoming :)

Panda4You on
  • Options
    Brainleech wrote: »
    What's that from?

First World Bank. It's from first game in Payday franchise, Payday: the Heist.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    All they had to do was sell weapon skins as DLC "The Showy Shotgun Pack" or whatever, and there'd be no problem.

Instead, they specifically opted for the option that potentially makes them more money. It's a decision motivated by greed, and I am almost positive they are telling people to wait because the game is going free-to-play and they'll give paying players a free mask or something.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    All they had to do was sell weapon skins as DLC "The Showy Shotgun Pack" or whatever, and there'd be no problem.

Instead, they specifically opted for the option that potentially makes them more money. It's a decision motivated by greed, and I am almost positive they are telling people to wait because the game is going free-to-play and they'll give paying players a free mask or something.

Yes, doing it as DLC would be far less infuriating.

They are telling people to wait because they hope that community will calm down before the end of Crimefest and they will just be able to get away with it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular

Putting the game on a 75% sale for a week and then making the game free would cause the current unrest over the micro-transactions to look positively pleasant. I'm pretty sure Valve wouldn't even allow it given the massive headache it would cause and the number of people who would be able to claim refunds.

• Options
    Last Son wrote: »

Putting the game on a 75% sale for a week and then making the game free would cause the current unrest over the micro-transactions to look positively pleasant. I'm pretty sure Valve wouldn't even allow it given the massive headache it would cause and the number of people who would be able to claim refunds.

Are you implying that they actually think before making moves like these?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Redthirst wrote: »
    If it is then it looks differently from PD:TH version. For reference:
    (snip)

Oh wow, I need to play PD1 again. I was just going off memory.
    Panda4You wrote: »
    lol, first instinct is to bag that painting

Edit: 6 new achis? FWB incoming :)

To be honest, after all the leaks saying either "All of them" or "All of them except No Mercy," I'm going to be kind of disappointed if it turns out to just be First World Bank by itself.

Their Steam Score dropped from 95% positive to 79% so far, plus their Metacritic took a hit, and they've received a bunch of bad press all over the place. Even with the game being free-to-play, the amount of players is also much lower than expected (according to SteamDB, they haven't even hit 35k concurrent players at any point during the event...Hype Train managed something like 81k at it's peak). I am curious to see what they finally say when they make a "real" statement (not the "Will comment after the event when we're less busy" bullshit that they pulled with Infamy 2.0).

Lars on
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    I'm somewhat certain that what PD:TH heists they've got will come över to PD2. Either they're saving heists för other days or thhe maps aren't done yet and will be introduced åt a later date.

Panda4You on
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Day 6 finally up, First World Bank is here, and Wolf's added drills to the payday card drops. Explains why he was moving around on the road to crimefest page, and presumably also explains the lack of damage control over microtransactions, they knew they were gonna be adding a non-cash unlock method.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Adding drills that possibly drop is just one more thing that will be dropping instead of a mod/mask/color/pattern that a person actually wants.

Also, the drop rate on drills could be low enough that it technically exists but people buy drills because it's just not feasible to get them in any appreciable amount otherwise. See: pretty much any microtransaction method ever where it's said there will be other ways to unlock content.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    RisenPhoenixRisenPhoenix SUPER HOTRegistered User regular
    Having not played any of PD:TH I'm quite excited to get into a new heist. And yes, adding drills as lootdrops is a pretty good step in the right direction.

• Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Adding drills that possibly drop is just one more thing that will be dropping instead of a mod/mask/color/pattern that a person actually wants.

Also, the drop rate on drills could be low enough that it technically exists but people buy drills because it's just not feasible to get them in any appreciable amount otherwise. See: pretty much any microtransaction method ever where it's said there will be other ways to unlock content.

Yeah, this really bugs me already. Weapon mods (which are the only thing I really care about, given that masks, paints, and patterns have no in-game effect) are ridiculously hard to get for specific weapons, leaving aside the inanity of locking them behind achievements. The weapon mod system is, behind the abortion that is crime.net and connection problems, my biggest beef with the game.

I enjoy the shit out of Payday 2, but god damn it feels like the game's fighting against me a lot, which years of updates have done little to solve, and in some cases made worse.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    Day 6 finally up, First World Bank is here, and Wolf's added drills to the payday card drops. Explains why he was moving around on the road to crimefest page, and presumably also explains the lack of damage control over microtransactions, they knew they were gonna be adding a non-cash unlock method.
    Why the hell would you not mention that on day one when you knew it'd be controversial?

And if you didn't know it be controversial then it's probably time to get a PR department.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    yeah I feel like it was added in as a response.

if they'd had the content prepped and ready, they should've put it out on day 2 as soon as people started hitting their ratings, before the 'journalists' picked up the story.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    It'll be very interesting to see the drop rates for the drills, and if those drop rates ever get tweaked in the future. It's a lot easier to rile up the mob about microtransactions being added, than it is over drop rates for keys being dropped a few percent.

Edit: In hindsight this is probably too cynical. The whole randomness about drops is frustrating though, and now we don't just have randomness in what items drop, but randomness in what drops (a particular skin) from the drop itself (the safe). And of course, a lower chance of mods (since safes and drills are now added to the loot table along with weapon mods + patterns + masks + colours + XP boost + cash).

Suriko on
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Pretty sure it wasn't an 'oh shit' response, if they were playing damage control, why were they fucking around giving Wolf a bindle on the road to crimefest page rather than giving us some sort of 'we realize we fucked up and are working on fixing it' statement?

NEO|Phyte on
    It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
  • Options
    LitanyLitany Registered User regular
    Because Wolf carrying a bindle in a web promotion doesn't mean "Wolf gave us drills as cards". It's just as possible, if not more so, that the Wolf stuff was meant to show us that the voice actor has left and something is up with the character. Or, like, an infinite other reasons.

Steam: Litany || PSN: Litany- || Nintendo Network ID: Litany
  • Options
    Litany wrote: »
    Because Wolf carrying a bindle in a web promotion doesn't mean "Wolf gave us drills as cards". It's just as possible, if not more so, that the Wolf stuff was meant to show us that the voice actor has left and something is up with the character. Or, like, an infinite other reasons.
    And the day his sprite vanishes from the road to crimefest page, Wolf gives us drills as card drops. GEE I WONDER WHAT IT MEANT.

• Options
    There is zero doubt in my mind that this only happened because of the backlash.

Could it have been prepared in advance as a Plan B? Sure, that's possible.

But if the community had accepted the microtransactions there would be no Drill Card Drops. They are actually going to be losing a good bit of potential money because of this. Now users are going to get a supply of drills without paying $2.50, and so drills will be entering the market for less than $2.50.

So now when a drill is sold, instead of getting the whole $2.50 (minus Steam's cut) from people buying it directly from them, they get fractions of pennies as the drill is sold directly from one user to another.

That's before even getting into people farming drills on multiple accounts or just flatout hacking the card drops (which I believe someone already did on Day 1 with the safes).

Granted, the chance for a Drill Card could also be so infinitely small that (outside of potential hackers) it may not effect the marketplace, but if that's the case then this is hardly a compromise on their part.

• Options
    Whoa, it seems heists are added to the "total list" days before they're actually released? I completed everything on vh one or two days before Aftershock was released and didn't get the mask achi; Didn't play over the weekend but finally got it after doing the two new ones on vh.

• Options
    I've given up on trying to get the Deathwatch on all maps achievement, because they add new maps all the fucking time, never mind the fact that they keep making it harder and harder to beat the maps with all the new enemy types that were never around before.

• Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    I ran FWB a couple times. its a really nice remake, need to do overdrill at some point though.

The server room/vault were in a different location than pd:th but I think thats just variant locations(they were both in a different spot in the 2 runs I did, but the map layout appears to support them in their original spots as well). The loot vent was definitely a necessary addition, moving the ~12 bags all the way to the truck would be a huge pain(though there is an achievement for it).

The map has a ton of ATMs to get if you bring a drill as well making for some very nice paydays. EXP was really good as well, netting about 750k on overkill.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    I thought the exp was kinda so-so? The payout is really good for ~16 mins on ovk though.
    And the stealth addition is kinda nice. I've only tried it on normal to breeze it through but it's a decently believable mode of operation.
    Edit: Whoa! Stelfing FWB was pretty easy following the normal difficulty routine! :D I did it on my first try.
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    I've given up on trying to get the Deathwatch on all maps achievement, because they add new maps all the fucking time, never mind the fact that they keep making it harder and harder to beat the maps with all the new enemy types that were never around before.
    Car Shop was added in ~march and since then two heists have been added, before this Crimefest event which has to be seen as a excemption from normal release schedule. That makes it one heist every third month, no? It's quite possible to do the dw thing, though a lot of loud heists really require not only a good crew but having rng on your side; Bomb Forest being one for example.
    I get the feeling Aftershock might be a real pisser on dw? :/ I haven't tried it yet but you constantly have 4-5 people shooting at you, with next to no cover available, on ovk.

Other than AS I only have GGC and Alesso left before I can put on the "hacker mask" :D

Panda4You on
  • Options
    welll...

right now deathwish is a cakewalk. the weapon rebalance change made it easier than ovk was before crimefest came out. you still take more damage, but you can nail a skulldozer in under a second, solo, with dual pistols.

it's pretty silly

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    I'm not playing DW but I'm having a blast with MM/pistol messiah build. Dozers don't stand a chance.
    Whats better than one Deagle? 3.

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    Share a capable DW build please. Maybe I can get some more of these DW achievements with a decent build.

• Options
    techforcer works nicely, as does fugimind

techforcer build you want big ammo bags, and at least one point in ictv, as well as the taser reflect skill and at least 1 point in the top right skill in technician that improves your armour by 50%. if you ace that skill you also get 25% armour recovery for the team, but it's not as big a deal. you use armourer perk deck

fugimind you want to either get 14 FAKs or 2x doctor bag aced, you want aced inspire, aced akimbo skill, and 1 point in each of the "below 35 concealment skills" for dodge, as well as the one in tier 2 on the right, and the sprinting dodge perk in tier 1 middle in ghost. you use rogue deck and suit, no armour

neither of these are optimised, but given how insane weapon damage is right now, they don't need to be.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Err, doesn't everyone use Muscle with ICTV/BP? And Grinder goes pretty well with suit/dodge as well, needs a more careful playstyle but can get you back on your feet really easy. It's not really worth acing Akimbo though, basic is enough for all top tier fug skills.

Panda4You on
  • Options
    Drills being dropped doesn't actually change a thing. The chance can be infinitely small, and until the idea of skins affecting gameplay exists, we have a problem. It seems like they are doing it one step at a time, trying to see if they can calm down the community without giving up too much, which, to me, just shows how full of shit they are. For now it seems that community is determined to fight until they at least remove stats from skins.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    A new "Boom" achievement just popped up.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Just did DW Overdrill with all bags. The results:
    F84D873FD31B04B8CC48646510E6E389596FC615

Redthirst on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Day 7 is preferential character selections and new music tracks. So pretty filler but good stuff that helps the game regardless.

• Options
    There are now 3 days left, and only 14/25 of the things "unlocked" during Road to Crimefest are now available (though First World Bank is an odd one, as it doesn't appear to have an associated "unlock" so perhaps it had it's release bumped up to soothe the fanbase? It'd explain all the bugs...).

Here's what we have so far:
    Chains
    *Magical Flute: Le Castle Vania Music Collaboration + Mask (Day 7)
    *Vintage Meme: ??? (Speculated to be a Troll Mask)
    *Slingshot: New Weapon (Day 5)
    *Sputnik: Vlad Mask (Day 2)
    *Upgraded Trebuchet: ???
    *Resistance to Cold +1: Vlad Mask (Day 2)

Clover
    *A Net: Crime.Net Filter (Day 4)
    *Slingshot Stand: Bipod Modification (Day 5)
    *Riot Gear: Vlad Mask (Day 2)
    *Three Masks: Character Priority (Day 7)
    *Old Award: ???

Dallas
    *Boosting Boots: ??? (Speculated to be an XP Bonus)
    *Adorning Gem: Vlad Mask (Day 2)
    *Skull and Bones: ???
    *Powdered Donut: ???
    *The Perfect Disguise: ???

Houston
    *Balanced Scales: Weapons Rebalance (Day 1)
    *Strange Alien Egg: ??? (Speculated to be an Alien Rifle)
    *Witch's Abode: Vlad Mask (Day 2)
    *Trading: AI Hostage Trading (Day 4)
    *Blueprint: Aftershock Heist (Day 3)

All
    *Safest of Safes: Black Market Update (Day 1)

11 items over 3 days probably means a lot of little things (though I'd assume the final day will have something "big").

Assuming the Vintage Memes are the troll masks, that's 4 down right there and could easily be packaged with something else. If the Alien Egg is the Xeno Rifle then that can also be packaged with something.

Skull and Bones is probably letting you own one (or both) of the games for free for 24 hours (they did it for the first game last Crimefest), and Boosting Boots is probably an XP Bonus (or maybe Infamy 2.1?).

That leaves Upgraded Trebuchet, Old Award, Powdered Donut, and the Perfect Disguise. Not really sure on those.

Old Award references Hollywood, and a couple of months ago the Xmas Heist for this year was datamined and apparently involved flying to Hollywood and stealing a BttF Delorean from a collector's mansion, so perhaps we'll get a preview of that?

Perfect Disguise is the same glasses that GeneralMcBadass used on his youtube profile, and Overkill recently gave him a shoutout in the Jiro trailer. Maybe they're adding the ability to upload to youtube or save replays or something?

Not sure on Trebuchet. New weapon? Technician skill overhaul?

For Powdered Donut I'm going to go out on a limb and guess it will be the big capstone (like Hoxton Breakout last year, or Hoxton Revenge for Hype Train) and will be a heist involving Winters or Garrett since they just made a big deal about Garrett being our new nemesis.

• Options
    Is the Overdrill thing a total recreation, floor tile puzzle and everything?