Options

[Payday 2] Ron Perlman joins the crew! THE BIKER PACK available now!

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Which is sad is my brother loves playing with Wolf and I like it when Jacket calls him out Wolf-Canis lupus

• Options
    I think Steam is more behind the drill-safe microtransactions because they do that for a lot of other games and well Payday was popular so....

• Options
    RedthirstRedthirst Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I think Steam is more behind the drill-safe microtransactions because they do that for a lot of other games and well Payday was popular so....

Valve can't force gamedevs to add microtransactions. They only offer back-end support for it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Godammit, had to go away for a few days, wanted to be home when the new heist dropped and jump into dw without knowing shit about it :<
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    I'm almost certain you can't get more than one safe from drops

Current speculation is that it's got a cooldown between allowed drops, to prevent market oversaturation.

Tinfoil hatters say it's because the system isn't actually sticking around, which is unlikely for several reasons, most notably the part where they set up integration with the steam marketplace for all this.
    Well I'll be interested to know when someone has more than 2 safes then
    You can get several safes, that's a fact. It'll just probably be sputnik safes since those crimefest safes seem to be a "first card only" thing?
    Maybe there's a cooldown, maybe not? Kinda hard to know, and pretty much irrelevant anyhoo, when the drop chance is so low.

Panda4You on
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Yeah of course. They pulled a joke that just destroyed their entire reputation, impacted their reviews on steam, managed to lead to front-page threads in the highly popular "gaming" subreddit about the shit they pulled, and are already agreeing to monetized transactions. Of course it's a joke. Also jet fuel can't melt steel beams.
    They're either really fucking committed to staying the course if this was some sort of planned-out shitstorm, or they've gone so entirely braindead that they didn't think to maybe tweak the day 3 stuff to not be all HA HA LOOK AT ALL THESE SAFES AND AN ACHIEVEMENT THAT REFERENCES CSGO WEAPON SKINS.

Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

They can't transfer money back into bank accounts. They literally cannot. It's not a joke.

I have specifically been saying that it's planned, not that it is a joke specifically.

What is planned? You think they will revert the microtransaction model? And then what? They'd have to do refunds for anyone who actually legitimately spent money... which they can't.

And that's why they're not going to, which is why it's no joke.

I have no clue what they have planned, but either they're planning something, or they've dropped the ball so hard that it caused the LA quake, because there has been absolutely zero damage control over this.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    Apparently they are too afraid to come out since community won't believe their bullshit anymore. As such they hope that it will die down on it's own. I sincerely hope it won't die down, though.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular

That is a pretty big drop, don't see much change in hours played yet, but there certainly isn't a "new content spike" either.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    Lone_Wolf is talking again:https://i.imgur.com/22Rzlw3.png

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Nnnope, the original guy used a tripcode.

Panda4You on
  • Options
    GoldenbarqsGoldenbarqs Registered User regular
    update on day 4 includes:

"We've read a lot of your feedback. We're aware that there are those of you who are unhappy or concerned about the Black Market update. Once Crimefest and all its content is out we’ll discuss this with you along with the other new features that were added. While we usually get back to you straight away when you have feedback, right now we’re busy as hell making sure we finish all the content we prepared on time."

they are at least also saying that ulf leaving was a decision from a few months ago and they're not killing off wolf or bain.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Btw, so we're clear here, them discussing things means that they won't change anything.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CorsiniCorsini Registered User regular
    In lighter news, the ability to tag lobbies for stealth or loud is great.

steam_sig.png
    Steam Badger A greasemonkey script for better gifting and peering
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Bots can also trade hostages for players in custody now, if there are any available.
    Edit: Can't help but wonder how effective that'll ever be though, considering that bots can hardly bring you up if you're downed and they don't give two shits about keeping vigil over hostages...

Panda4You on
  • Options
    GoldenbarqsGoldenbarqs Registered User regular
    Redthirst wrote: »
    Btw, so we're clear here, them discussing things means that they won't change anything.
    also them saying "usually we get back to you straight away!" is something that they usually don't do either. it's just kind of a slap in the face to be like "hey we know you don't like this but here's all this bonus free stuff and hopefully you'll forget you're this pissed by the end of the event and then we can get away with way more once we actually start talking."

Panda4You wrote: »
    Bots can also trade hostages for players in custody now, if there are any available.
    Edit: Can't help but wonder how effective that'll ever be though, considering that bots can hardly bring you up if you're downed and they don't give two shits about keeping vigil over hostages...
    it'll probably happen on rare occasions, but the amount of times you babysit a hostage enough that you still have one when you go into custody, and a bot can get them without getting stuck on a turret or forgetting how to shoot cops seems like it'll be pretty low.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    It's funny you can mark shit like HoxOut or Watchdogs for stealth though. :)
    BRING THE ECMS, BOYS!

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Skin stats (https://reddit.com/r/paydaymeta/comments/3p1ozi/update_79_changelog/cw2uxrd)
    AK Rifle (Sad Almir): Accuracy +4
    AK Rifle (Vlad's Rodina): Accuracy +4
    Bernetti 9 Pistol (Angry Bear): Concealment +3
    Bernetti 9 Pistol (Copper): Stability +4
    Bronco .44 Revolver (Black Bull): Stability +4
    Buzzsaw 42 Light Machine Gun (Tomb): Accuracy +4
    CAR-4 Rifle (Safe Crasher): Accuracy +4
    CAR-4 Rifle (Stripe On): Concealment +1
    Clarion Rifle (Breaching Owl): Damage +2
    Clarion Rifle (Coin Ops): Accuracy +4
    Deagle Pistol (Midas Touch): Stability +8
    Flamethrower (St. Basil): Damage +1
    Gruber Kurz Pistol (Cloakerize): Stability +4
    Gruber Kurz Pistol (Little Leopard): Stability +4
    HRL-7 Rocket Launcher (Headline): Accuracy +4
    JP36 Rifle (Ice Leopard ): Accuracy +4
    Kobus 90 Submachine Gun (Bullet Breakout): Concealment +2
    Kobus 90 Submachine Gun (Red Stars): Stability +4
    Locomotive 12G Shotgun (Cosmonaut): Concealment +1
    Locomotive 12G Shotgun (Greed): Accuracy -4
    M308 Rifle (Digital Burn): Stability +4
    M308 Rifle (Helmet Space Pogram): Stability +4
    Mosconi 12G Shotgun (Black Thunder): Stability +4
    Mosconi 12G Shotgun (Bullet Bear Gun): Accuracy -4
    Plainsrider Bow (Arctic Plains): Concealment +1
    Plainsrider Bow (The Link): Total ammo *1.15
    R93 Sniper Rifle (Fire Pixel): Stability +4
    Thanatos .50 cal Sniper Rifle (Matrjoschka): Total ammo *1.05
    Thanatos .50 cal Sniper Rifle (Purple Haze): Total ammo *1.05
    The Judge Shotgun (Greed): Accuracy -4
    The Judge Shotgun (Pixel ): Concealment +1
    Vulcan Minigun (3000 heists/min): Accuracy +4
    The only stats that will do shit imo is the conceal ones, they'll make quite a difference in keeping weapons in line with the fugitive requirements. All the others are so minor (acc/stab lol) they could as well not be there.
    Which brings me to another point: Skill/mod values for acc/stab haven't changed even though their ranges have been increased by 400%/300%, have they?

Panda4You on
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Which brings me to another point: Skill/mod values for acc/stab haven't changed even though their ranges have been increased by 400%/300%, have they?

I am reasonably sure the mod stats got adjusted too, though honestly it'd been so long since I'd touched anything but my car4 that I have no idea.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    I am reasonably sure the mod stats got adjusted too, though honestly it'd been so long since I'd touched anything but my car4 that I have no idea.
    Yeah, I can't recall any exact stat changes from the old system either, but the stats all mods currently bring are so small that they actually seem more in line with the old 18/25 caps.

Panda4You on
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Yeah, I can't recall any exact stat changes from the old system either, but the stats all mods currently bring are so small that they actually seem more in line with the old 18/25 caps.

There is this barrel exit called Tactical Compensator that gives 12 accuracy right now, used to give less, I think.

Yeah, apparently it used to give 6. Never really used this one on any of my guns.

Redthirst on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    There is this barrel exit called Tactical Compensator that gives 12 accuracy right now, used to give less, I think.

Yeah, apparently it used to give 6. Never really used this one on any of my guns.
    That's still way worse than halving its effectiveness, under the new system.

Panda4You on
  • Options

That's still way worse than halving its effectiveness, under the new system.

Yeah. Though without it, the weapon rebalance wouldn't make sense. The issue of old weapon balance was that you could have guns(mainly assault rifles) with perfect stats, i.e they would hit necessary damage breakpoints while having maxed or nearly maxed accuracy/stability, plus large mags/good reserve and decent fire rate. New system seems to balance it a bit. It also adds entirely new level of OP, but that's another story.

Actually, it's an interesting thing about Overkill: they seem to half-ass most of stuff they do, while also taking a lot of time to do it. For example, the game launched with several skills which were pretty much useless. More than a year later they removed some of them, while still leaving others in-game. They released perk decks with a lot of them being sub-par. They did a rebalance later on, but Hitman is still shit.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Overkill are always super excited about what they're working on. They're just not good at really settling down and finishing the project.

Which is why alot of Payday 2 is such a messy affair.

• Options
    So the night is still young, can we get a team together for Here Comes the Pain Train? It's the Overkill Firestarter loud all days with unmodded AK Rifle and Para Submachine Gun.

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    ill be up for that

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    Now I did aftershock and well
    I thought we were going in to secure Vald's stuff from a mob of looters in an area gone to hell.
    Ammo was going to be scarce and med kits since we are going in blind
    not open up armored cars in a different way and drive a truck over a city block and back to defend it so it gets air lifted out

• Options
    I have tired and been a bunch of groups trying for it only to have someone bail and replaced with someone who did not come equipped for it

• Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I really wish the indicators and filter for a host wanting loud or stealth approaches had been added earlier. Like, when the game released.

Maybe I'd be less salty if it wasn't today's "reward" for Crimefest.

• Options
    Suriko wrote: »
    I really wish the indicators and filter for a host wanting loud or stealth approaches had been added earlier. Like, when the game released.

Maybe I'd be less salty if it wasn't today's "reward" for Crimefest.

Not only that, but it's a lot more basic than what it logically should be. Aside from Stealth/Loud tags only working on heists where Stealth/Loud possible, it had to have additional tags, like "All loot" or "Achievement run". Another feature that was requested since forever was to set custom messages that would appear to anyone browsing Crime.net and can be used to tell what kind of lobby yours is.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    Really, they should have just let you name your lobbies (just have it display your Steam name by default, but you can change it to whatever).

Also, did they give AI the ability to do a hostage trade, but still haven't fixed them getting stuck in an infinite death loop to turrets?

Anyways, Payday 2 managed to be the subject of this week's Jimquisition:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1lQ9g518cg&amp;feature=youtu.be

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Yup, that's pretty much it. I'm not angry, it's not like they're holding the game hostage or actually really stopping me enjoying the game.

I'm just kinda disappointed with the whole thing.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    It's still a fun and playable game, but I agree many of these "rewards" is shit that should've been patched in ages ago.

Edit: Apparently, according to players, bots will actually keep an eye on the hostage they've chosen as tradeout, and keep cops from it. Though when the assasult phase ends you'll just get automatically traded out, sort of as when playing on normal, and the hostage set free without interaction from the bots.
    The game doesn't end in the fail state screen until all bots go down and/or you're out of hostages.

Panda4You on
  • Options
    Conspiracy theories continue, remember how wolf was sulking in the road to crimefest challenges a few days ago? It's changed again.

• Options
    However, if they do manage to fuck up the game even more, then we might be able to fall back to the old version of it. For now people found a way how to revert the game back to pre-Crimefest update and keep it that way.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Day 5 finally up, new LMG, bipod mount for LMGs, and one of the video clips showing off the new toys is set in First World Bank.

• Options
    So Crimefest is now halfway over, and 12/25 of the things "unlocked" during Road to Crimefest are now available. Here's what we have so far:
    Chains
    *Magical Flute: ??? (Speculated to be a musical collaboration with a guy who worked on the John Wick soundtrack)
    *Vintage Meme: ??? (Speculated to be a Troll Mask)
    *Slingshot: New Weapon (Day 5)
    *Sputnik: Vlad Mask (Day 2)
    *Upgraded Trebuchet: ???
    *Resistance to Cold +1: Vlad Mask (Day 2)

Clover
    *A Net: Crime.Net Filter (Day 4)
    *Slingshot Stand: Bipod Modification (Day 5)
    *Riot Gear: Vlad Mask (Day 2)
    *Three Masks: ??? (Speculated to be Character Priority)
    *Old Award: ??? (Speculated to be the PD1 Heists ported over)

Dallas
    *Boosting Boots: ??? (Speculated to be an XP Bonus)
    *Adorning Gem: Vlad Mask (Day 2)
    *Skull and Bones: ???
    *Powdered Donut: ???
    *The Perfect Disguise: ???

Houston
    *Balanced Scales: Weapons Rebalance (Day 1)
    *Strange Alien Egg: ??? (Speculated to be an Alien Rifle)
    *Witch's Abode: Vlad Mask (Day 2)
    *Trading: AI Hostage Trading (Day 4)
    *Blueprint: Aftershock Heist (Day 3)

All
    *Safest of Safes: Black Market Update (Day 1)

The original Crimefest and the Hypetrain both also featured a brand new character and some multi-day heists getting a single-day version, so those may be some of the unknown rewards.

Data regarding the PD1 heists, the alien rifle, and character priority have apparently all been found in the game's code, hence those speculations. Of course, bipods have been in the code for over six months (multiple bipods even), and we only just now got one today, so you can't really predict the time frame.

13 items left across 5 days, so obviously we'll be seeing several each day (the four Trolls masks, for example). The Completely Overkill Secret Item is also supposed to be released, and may be considered one of these 13 remaining items.

So far, the free LMG and Bipods are the only ones that have been guessed correctly.

• Options
    Interesting that while texture looks like it's First World Bank, the layout is different, so apparently those heists won't be direct copies.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I don't know if the layout is different, maybe the windows or something.

Isn't that the hallway near where you get the thermite from the copy machine? In the LMG image, the copy machine room would be directly behind the player, and the manager's office is on the left with the windows.

• Options
    amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    More randomization?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HERE is about an hour of new voice lines that someone dug up. All kinds of situations (finding key cards, seeing a turret truck, cloakers in the vents, etc.), plus lines related to First World Bank.

John Wick: "Hell yeah! I fucking love keycards!"

I think I've heard everyone except Wolf and Jacket. A bunch of characters also have the dialogue from First World Bank that's based on the movie Heat ("We're after the bank's money, not yours. Yours money is insured." etc.).

Also, did Chains always speak in the third person?

• Options
    Lars wrote: »
    Also, did Chains always speak in the third person?
    Dunno if it's been a thing? But he has prior instances of doing it, "Don't you be tricky now! Chains hates tricky." etc.