UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    I care

Double jumps are rad

Why can't you double jump in Wolfenstein

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    LepLep Registered User regular
    Its all left trigger right trigger bullshit anyway!

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Why can't Jeff like one game more than another?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Bubby wrote: »
    Mr. G wrote: »
    He liked Call of Duty more than Wolfenstein

It's a pile of shit compared to Wolfenstein and basically just more of the same that franchise has been churning out every year. Cool, you can double jump, who cares.

It's a very very good game and the best Call of Duty since Call of Duty 4

See how fruitful this conversation is

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular

It's a pile of shit compared to Wolfenstein and basically just more of the same that franchise has been churning out every year. Cool, you can double jump, who cares.

Stop being a dick. He has a different opinion on games than you, deal with it.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    Actually that reminds me

I got a $50 Amazon gift card for Christmas, and Advanced Warfare is $40 right now...I think that might be the one

• Options
    BubbyBubby Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

And that opinion is bad. Deal with it.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    I will say that on the journey I took to try out all the different recent CoD's multiplayer, AW was the least terrible one I tried.

It's still pretty terrible, though. I wouldn't ever put it over Titanfall's, which they seem to have at least thought more about what the advanced movement systems would do to maps and built around it.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Aaaaaaand now I own Advanced Warfare

57 gig download holy shit

I love that you can just get individual game codes straight from Amazon now, instead of having to purchase a code for a set incremental amount

• Options
    UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    Aaaaaaand now I own Advanced Warfare

57 gig download holy shit

I love that you can just get individual game codes straight from Amazon now, instead of having to purchase a code for a set incremental amount

Downloads like that make me worry about harder bandwidth caps in the US. Storage is so cheap now that it's keeping up with larger games, but bandwidth on the other hand is not improving as rapidly.

Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular

Are you doing a thing here or are you really this unpleasant?

• Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    I sort of agree with Bubby but I also recognize that I just have very different tastes in games than Jeff (and it isn't what he likes that I find baffling so much as what he hates). There is also that when this disagreement occurs I more or less just look at or listen to what games he chooses to praise or slam, think "that is odd" for a brief moment, and move on.

That he put Bayonetta 2 and Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition as high as he did though is pretty cool.

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Also, Jeff going on tirades is almost always fun regardless of whether or not I agree.

The Destiny one was a lot of fun (and there I did agree).

Rehab on
    NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular

calm down bro

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Hmm, listening to "Best EA Experience"
    Sounds like their choices belong in a different category of "Best progress while in EA"

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Man, I did not agree with games that are based on existing game IPs not counting for best debut, but games based on movies/books do count, even if there have been games with those IPs in the past. The reasoning was very spacious IMO. Like, a CCG based on, say, Alien or LotR would count but not one based on Warcraft? StarCraft: Ghost wouldn't have counted, but Shadow of Mordor does?

IMO, they should have scrubbed all existing IP from that list and given it to games they didn't have the relative safety net of being based on something people may already familiar with. Ah well.

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Day 3 recap video is amazing.

• Options
    VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    Man, I did not agree with games that are based on existing game IPs not counting for best debut, but games based on movies/books do count, even if there have been games with those IPs in the past. The reasoning was very spacious IMO. Like, a CCG based on, say, Alien or LotR would count but not one based on Warcraft? StarCraft: Ghost wouldn't have counted, but Shadow of Mordor does?

IMO, they should have scrubbed all existing IP from that list and given it to games they didn't have the relative safety net of being based on something people may already familiar with. Ah well.

Yeah that whole category didn't really make sense to me. Seemed like it really could have been at least three different categories, debut of a new property, debut of a new studio, or debut of a new design concept.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    Kelor wrote: »

I guess the guys can take more vacation time now that we know Jason can cover for them so well.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    There have been lots of good games this year.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Double jumps are alright but mid-air dashes are better. TBH, after AW I just want to try out the new Unreal Tournament.

RE: 2014. It probably sucked if you were expecting Watch underscore Dogs, Destiny and Driveclub to deliver. I don't think it's the greatest, but in a year were we got a new MK, a new Smash, Bravely Default (ok 1/2 is awesome, fuck Chapter 5 onwards) and DA:I we could've done much worse.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    If I looked at a full list of games that came out this year I bet I could find at least a few dozen good ones across the genres and platforms.

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    And Shovel Knight! How could I forget Shovel Knight...

Anyway, no it didn't suck. At this rate I will probably end up playing Mordor in 2015 (damn you Final Fantasy 7!)

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    lowlylowlycooklowlylowlycook Registered User regular
    Veagle wrote: »

I guess the guys can take more vacation time now that we know Jason can cover for them so well.

I don't know. Seemed a bit to professionally done.

Also, in my opinion, Dan's wrestling training would have been better ended with Dan noticing Dr. Tracksuit out of the corner of his eye and then making his hasty exit from the biz.

Still, I don't know how GB can hope to outdo "The Day That Mario Cried" next year.

steam_sig.png
    (Please do not gift. My game bank is already full.)
  • Options
    tsplittertsplitter Registered User regular
    Live-action Velvet Sundown

FqmsaJ6.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Veagle wrote: »

I don't know. Seemed a bit to professionally done.

Also, in my opinion, Dan's wrestling training would have been better ended with Dan noticing Dr. Tracksuit out of the corner of his eye and then making his hasty exit from the biz.

Still, I don't know how GB can hope to outdo "The Day That Mario Cried" next year.

I mean, they have a year to think of something, and they have 8 powerful minds (soon to be 9 if that GBEast hiring pans out) to work with.

Remember, they've said how bad of an idea the TV show parodies were in that they were incredibly understaffed for how ambitious they were. Stuff like having to shoot everything in a week, needing Patrick to act as a camera man, etc.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Day 4 is up and there's a Best Styyyyyyyyyyyyyle category!

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    I need a gif of Brad eating the lettuce STAT!

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    He was trying so hard to keep a straight face.

• Options
    SkyEyeSkyEye Registered User regular
    Hottest Mess discussion:
    Driveclub is one game. Assassin's Creed Unity is one game. Halo: MCC is four games that are all half broken. So that's two games that are broken.

<3 Drew.

Steam: Autumn_Thunder - SC2: AutumnThundr.563 (NA) - Hearthstone: AutumnThundr.1383

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    I really don't get why this has been sort of decided as a terrible year for games. Ive been overwhelmed by a huge variety of awesome games and experiences this year. I mean yeah it sucked if you don't like all the games that came out, but if you did, then it's been a great year. I find the whole thing pretty baseless. This year was no better or worse than previous years, aside from maybe broken launches which eventually got fixed, and asshole behaviour and entitled fanboyism from the gaming community has been the biggest disappointment dor me this year

I think it'd be more accurate to say it's been a rough year for AAA games, largely due the inherent problems of a new generation of consoles. Smaller titles are thriving like never before, and the Wii U is going strong (largely because it has a year's head start over its competitors).

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    also the guys absolutely made the correct choices for best local multiplayer and best style

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    They are all pretty good actors.

Also, Jeff loves that gag where someone says something wrong and asks for it to be edited but isn't. Didn't the anonymous Hunkadunk user also do the same thing two years ago?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Those first 5 minutes...were so awesome.

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Best local multi
    Happily surprised they went with Nidhogg, with how little we see them playing it on UPF and such. Holy shit that game is so good. Wish the netcode was better since I'm a loser with no friends.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    Best local multi
    Happily surprised they went with Nidhogg, with how little we see them playing it on UPF and such. Holy shit that game is so good. Wish the netcode was better since I'm a loser with no friends.

But they didn't...

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    Best local multi

But they didn't...

aw FFS, hit pause too early. Sounded like it was locked in.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Double jumps are alright but mid-air dashes are better. TBH, after AW I just want to try out the new Unreal Tournament.

I do love that it's my most anticipated game for 2015, and it's going to be free.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
This discussion has been closed.