As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] If you take Point A on Blind Watch, we're sending you to PA3.

• Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    Big thanks to @Corporal Carl‌, @BillyIdle‌, @Croaker‌, @EvilMonkey‌, @BlitzAce1981‌, @Willeth‌ for Raid tonight. Good teamwork and took surprisingly little time despite it being the first run for some.

We even managed to get as far as the Templar fight as a 5 man team.

Also thanks for the Crucible Control dominations afterwards. Those pub guys didn't see it coming. We should meet up and do that again sometime after reset.
    A big thank you from this Raid Noob for you all!
    I've gotten a few shards out of it, quite some energy, a sparkly armband and a Warlock chest armor :biggrin:

The PvP afterwards was amazing (especially the 5 skirmishes with @BillyIdle and @EvilMonkey, I've never seen so many successive victories :lol: )

Thank you all very much for the fine experience!

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Frei wrote: »
    gonna need some of you to repeat after me: "Rewards are not merit based."

It does not matter if you came in first.

It does not matter if you came in last.

It only matters that you came. (heh)

Your reward is not merit based.

If only the top players got rewards, or if only the top player got a guaranteed good reward, barely anyone would play. It only takes a moment of contemplation to realize that making drops score based would be a huge problem/mistake.

So noone should strive to improve because you are getting the same items anyway? Who are these "Top Players" even? I didnt know that the scores and match winners were set in stone ahead of time.

PvP has always been a competitive mode, I dont get this "Everyone should have their fair share" mentality, when some people put alot more effort into it than others.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    Big thanks to @Corporal Carl‌, @BillyIdle‌, @Croaker‌, @EvilMonkey‌, @BlitzAce1981‌, @Willeth‌ for Raid tonight. Good teamwork and took surprisingly little time despite it being the first run for some.

Also thanks for the Crucible Control dominations afterwards. Those pub guys didn't see it coming. We should meet up and do that again sometime after reset.
    A big thank you from this Raid Noob for you all!
    I've gotten a few shards out of it, quite some energy, a sparkly armband and a Warlock chest armor :biggrin:

The PvP afterwards was amazing (especially the 5 skirmishes with @BillyIdle and @EvilMonkey, I've never seen so many successive victories :lol: )

Thank you all very much for the fine experience!

Anytime! Don't be a stranger....'s gun.

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    The reward for improving is winning

• Options
    CelianCelian Registered User regular
    @Crayon‌ @OptimusZed‌ @Stragint‌ @Celian‌ @Sousuke‌

We were going to try for 830ish EST or whenever reaper gets home, right? About an hour and a half from now?

That's what I remember yeah. Just watching the Habs vs the Rangers while I wait!

PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • Options
    BlitzAce1981BlitzAce1981 Registered User regular

Went into it blind, and wasn't disappointed... though I need to work on my first-person platforming. All the shards I gained have put my Warlock about 2 upgrades from 28, so I'll soon have all 3 classes at 28+.

Also was the first time I've done PvP, and I probably wouldn't have gone over 1 K/D if it wasn't for the excellent fireteam. The other teams didn't know what hit them.

PSN ID - BlitzAce1981 FFXIV - Raiden Solitaire (Sargatanas)
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Got a new shader from a Cryptarch level up. It's called Arctic Proxy. Ice blue and silver. In practice it looks lretty cool. Almost an iridescent silver with blue highlight camo.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Has anyone found a way to actually get credit for "Kills with Super" while using Radiance? I have tried melee'ing things, shooting them and grenade'ing stuff while Radiance is up, nothing seems to count.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    CelianCelian Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Has anyone found a way to actually get credit for "Kills with Super" while using Radiance? I have tried melee'ing things, shooting them and grenade'ing stuff while Radiance is up, nothing seems to count.

I think it suffers the same fate as Defender Titan. It isn't the super itself that is killing anything, so that doesn't count.

PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    The reward for improving is winning

And the 1.5x marks and 2.5x rep rewards that go with it.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    We were talking about the Queen's Wrath today and thought it would be cool if you could do special assassin missions during Patrols that count towards the Queen's Wrath. Or doing missions that have more modifiers like the daily or Weekly Strikes. Or have special public events with Queen's Targets, just something that pushes the narrative a bit.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Somehow I got it into my head that VoG bosses drop loot even if you've already completed the raid for the week.

I get why they don't, but that definitely makes not getting any armor whatsoever sting a bit more.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    When getting invective I got ten up. Then dropped back to zero, then got eight up, then dropped back to zero and so on and so forth.

My best match and the one that started the final run for invective was on the shores of time. My team had captured B and a warlock was leading an assault on our team we had about 3 dudes sitting on B defending. I shot the warlock with my suros as he was jumping over the gap from near A, but realised I wasn't going to be able to put him down as I started too late in his jump, started back-pedalling out the arched door and then realised that he was in his windup for void bomb, so I jumped backward and got caught by the fringe, and was a sliver away from eating it.

Then his team jumped in after him, so I ducked immediately so they thought I too got killed. And then proceeded to somehow manage to kill all four in a straight firefight, and then shotgun the next two guys who leaped over. But then I got shotgunned in the back as I was lining up another as they were jumping over.

It was the best thing I ever did, and I will never manage to be that effective ever again.

Apothe0sis on
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular

If only the top players got rewards, or if only the top player got a guaranteed good reward, barely anyone would play. It only takes a moment of contemplation to realize that making drops score based would be a huge problem/mistake.

The top players should get a guaranteed reward. Note that I didn't say it had to be guaranteed to be good. But there is zero reason that the best player shouldn't be given at least an uncommon weapon/armor to scrap.

• Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014

So noone should strive to improve because you are getting the same items anyway? Who are these "Top Players" even? I didnt know that the scores and match winners were set in stone ahead of time.

PvP has always been a competitive mode, I dont get this "Everyone should have their fair share" mentality, when some people put alot more effort into it than others.

This argument is nonsensical. The point of PvP is to compete, obviously. To improve your skills and to win against a human opponent. The winners receive way more reputation and marks, letting them gear faster. Also, what are you talking about when you're trying to imply I said scores are set in stone? What a weird strawman to build. I say "top players" as in, only the people that consistently do well and are great at the game would play, because you would, in your perfect world, only get a good reward if they placed in the top. A lot of people play knowing that they aren't that good because they know they aren't getting jack shit for losing, that they'll at least get some consolation prizes.

Your last point about not liking a "fair share" mentality... well, as I said and as you should already know, it's not a fair share. Top players/winners are already getting more rep and marks in all game modes. I don't even know what you're talking about when you say "alot (sic) more effort", because all the people playing the match are putting in the same amount of effort (unless the person is afk, I guess) and some people just happen to be better than others or have a higher skill cap than others. That doesn't mean people who don't play as well don't deserve to get something for their time, even if it's not as much. The random rewards at the end are icing on the cake and incentive for playing.

There's a reason your idea isn't used and will never be used, and that's because it's a bad idea that punishes people for playing unless they are *the best* or just happen to be on the winning side. Random gear rewards are not and were never intended to be a merit based system, either.

Frei on
    Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »

The top players should get a guaranteed reward. Note that I didn't say it had to be guaranteed to be good. But there is zero reason that the best player shouldn't be given at least an uncommon weapon/armor to scrap.

People already drop losing games to preserve their W/L record (or K/D or something) as it is. If now you add "and if you're not on top you don't get the thingie", regardless of how irrelevant the thingie is, people will drop the second they're not #1/2 in addition to "not winning".

It's already pretty stupid with the "not winning? screw this!" drops, no reason to add more. Hope they fix that crap; just make it work out to a loss on your record if you drop.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Frankly I think everyone should receive a reward at the end of a crucible match. Not everyone should receive a weapon or gear; that should be where RNG factors. But everyone should get a little taste of hope as they're waiting for that item to pop in, whatever it may be.

Some (maybe even a lot or most) of those rewards should be upgrade mats. I like running strikes. I like crucible. I don't like running around a zone in a big loop gathering spinmetal. Bungie needs to put upgrade mats in the loot table for every event. Having to deliberately spend 1-2 hours farming resource nodes is preposterous.

edit: words

GoodKingJayIII on
  • Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    @ObiFett‌ @Man of the Waves @Vagabond‌ @Darkewolfe‌

We gonna try hard mode again before the reset?

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    BruanBruan Registered User regular
    Just upgraded to PS4, so I'm available during Korean evenings if you guys want to do PVE/PVP. 25 Sunsinger.

I've also just discovered the level 25 hump. I'm farming rep with New Monarchy right now and it's a pain in the ass.

Playstation: Anthai (Destiny)
    WiiU: jooncole (Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate)
    3DS: 2122-5983-8919
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I'd like to. I still have no idea why we couldn't make it through last time.

• Options
    Well it seemed like the left was getting overrun when we were on the 2nd stage. I know me and buck had the right locked down pretty nicely. I know we didn't get many coming up from behind, maybe all the mid spawns were going left and sneaking in.

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Hello all! Jumping right in here. I am a lvl 25 hunter on the Xbox one. I can only seem to play skirmish in the crucible due to Bee. So if we ever end up playing together that's about all I can do.

Also I still haven't done VoG because I'm terrible.

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »

People already drop losing games to preserve their W/L record (or K/D or something) as it is. If now you add "and if you're not on top you don't get the thingie", regardless of how irrelevant the thingie is, people will drop the second they're not #1/2 in addition to "not winning".

It's already pretty stupid with the "not winning? screw this!" drops, no reason to add more. Hope they fix that crap; just make it work out to a loss on your record if you drop.

I really don't think losing out on what would most likely be a green would result in a lot of people dropping. That's some pretty pessimistic thinking =)

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited October 2014

My normal raid is tomorrow, so I doubt I'll be able to make it. Could potentially run from 6-9pm eastern on Monday.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular

Yeah, they've already figured out they made a big mistake not giving rewards to the losing team in Iron Banner with the misbehavior that encourages.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Can't wait until they nerf the Suros again because I'm so sick of hearing that gun being used by two thirds of the players in a match. ffs.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I think I'm more sick of the sound of the Suros than I actually am of the gun itself.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    juicebox989juicebox989 Quad CitiesRegistered User regular
    I really enjoy my Unwilling Soul AR
    Maxed out ROF but no impact, 72 round clip
    Bottom half clip extra damage and it fires like a freaking lazerbeam, almost no recoil
    Only takes a couple seconds to empty the entire clip lol
    Useless on PVE but a lot of fun on PVP

• Options
    Someone glitched into Xur's total loot table.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygM9nKluAiI

The Last Word is in there. He'll sell it eventually.

• Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular

I'm game.

• Options
    CroakerCroaker Registered User regular
    Just spent an hour wiping on Atheon with a pub group that just couldn't get supplicants down. Such a bummer to get that far.

I'm sure I wouldn't have gotten anything out of it, but it's a shame when you squeeze enough coordination out of a group like that to have it fall apart at the last is awful.

Well again, if anyone needs an Atheon sub, hit up FrankAustin on PSN.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular

I really don't think losing out on what would most likely be a green would result in a lot of people dropping. That's some pretty pessimistic thinking =)

Weeeell that's me in a nutshell there, to be honest. I don't think it'd by itself result in loads of drops, but I think it would add to those people's mental incentive to drop, and the opposite needs to happen.

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    I went and picked up Suros, but still not sure how much I will use it. Invective is my go to in PVP, so maybe it will work out for PVE (though still hoping Thorn or Bad Juju takes that role post-buff). Maybe Suros will just wind up being a collector's item in the bank of guns.

Or I will wind up using it for everything of it is as good as the tales have said.

• Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    So, after 75 bounty turn ins, I finally got my first (!) exotic weapon bounty! Hooray!!

The first step is to complete the weekly heroic strike. I'd like to say that I'm undergeared for this, but the actual truth is that there is no way I'm ever going to be able to complete this without some significant help. I did the current weekly strike on "normal" mode and couldn't get past the first stage. (I tried for a good solid 45 minutes, and finally gave up after the 8th death without getting the first door open.) I later hit this same strike as a random level 18 strike and my PUG fireteam did manage to finish, but I died (according to the app) ten times in the process. Doing this as a level 22 "Heroic" strike... not going to happen.

I'll probably be plinking away at something I can actually accomplish. I normally hate having other people walk me through content, but this particular part of the game is clearly beyond me and always will be; I'm willing to admit defeat and ask for help. (I.E. someone to do it for me while I do my best not to get in the way.) If you see me online and are feeling generous with your time, join my (public) fireteam and defeat the weekly heroic strike while I hide in a corner, trying not to be noticed.

26904.png
  • Options
    Someone glitched into Xur's total loot table.

The Last Word is in there. He'll sell it eventually.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    I went and picked up Suros, but still not sure how much I will use it. Invective is my go to in PVP, so maybe it will work out for PVE (though still hoping Thorn or Bad Juju takes that role post-buff). Maybe Suros will just wind up being a collector's item in the bank of guns.

Or I will wind up using it for everything of it is as good as the tales have said.

If you pick up Found Verdict from VoG its a pretty good replacement for Invective, thats what I'm doing atleast.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I'll be on in a bit if any one wants another for the raid on PS4.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    GuibsGuibs Weekend Warrior Somewhere up North.Registered User regular
    My cousin still needs the night fall and weekly so if anyone needs it, feel free to join.

jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    PSN: Guibs25 | XboxLive: Guibs | Steam: Guibsx | Twitch: Guibsx
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I think I'm going to say fuck the Nightfall this week. I'm just not doing enough damage to get through it and it's so boring of a cheese mode that I'm sick of Cuddles this week. Every time I do a Tiger Strike, it's Summoning Pits right off the bat.

• Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular

If you pick up Found Verdict from VoG its a pretty good replacement for Invective, thats what I'm doing atleast.
    I run Found Verdict over Invective. It's got a much better range of engagement on it.

Invective is a proctology shotgun.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
This discussion has been closed.