As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] If you take Point A on Blind Watch, we're sending you to PA3.

• Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I think I'm going to say fuck the Nightfall this week. I'm just not doing enough damage to get through it and it's so boring of a cheese mode that I'm sick of Cuddles this week. Every time I do a Tiger Strike, it's Summoning Pits right off the bat.

Yeah, it took us a really long time to chip away and was really unfun.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Well that was an awesome raid tonight that only took an 1:40-ish.

Had some great moments too like me saving an entire flank during the Templar fight and us almost getting the chest, killing a Gorgon AND getting through the maze in a single attempt.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I think I'm going to say fuck the Nightfall this week. I'm just not doing enough damage to get through it and it's so boring of a cheese mode that I'm sick of Cuddles this week. Every time I do a Tiger Strike, it's Summoning Pits right off the bat.

Yeah, it took us a really long time to chip away and was really unfun.

Yeah, it's discouraging to watch a level 29 die after two shots, and knowing that my level 27 is already under level, despite the fact that I've done Nightfall for the last 3-4 weeks, it's just not a nice level. Even with the Arc Burn, you need Solar to do a dent in the Wizard's shields, which takes away the Arc Burn advantage because of how fast Wizards run and hide once their shields drop, and Cuddles is impossible except doing a snipe from two rooms away thing, and pray that some random wizard doesn't nuke the whole team while they are hiding.

• Options
    juicebox989juicebox989 Quad CitiesRegistered User regular
    Stupid wrote: »
    So, after 75 bounty turn ins, I finally got my first (!) exotic weapon bounty! Hooray!!

The first step is to complete the weekly heroic strike. I'd like to say that I'm undergeared for this, but the actual truth is that there is no way I'm ever going to be able to complete this without some significant help. I did the current weekly strike on "normal" mode and couldn't get past the first stage. (I tried for a good solid 45 minutes, and finally gave up after the 8th death without getting the first door open.) I later hit this same strike as a random level 18 strike and my PUG fireteam did manage to finish, but I died (according to the app) ten times in the process. Doing this as a level 22 "Heroic" strike... not going to happen.

I'll probably be plinking away at something I can actually accomplish. I normally hate having other people walk me through content, but this particular part of the game is clearly beyond me and always will be; I'm willing to admit defeat and ask for help. (I.E. someone to do it for me while I do my best not to get in the way.) If you see me online and are feeling generous with your time, join my (public) fireteam and defeat the weekly heroic strike while I hide in a corner, trying not to be noticed.

What system, if it's PS4 I can give you a hand with the 22 weekly, I soloed it earlier this week

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Anybody down to do the weekly on xbox? I need two more strange coins before I can afford Xûr's tasty things.

• Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Just finished uploading the successful Atheon run from the raid with @Corporal Carl‌, @BillyIdle‌, @EvilMonkey‌, @BlitzAce1981‌ and @Willeth‌.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj9j2EJGCvE

Last round in the magazine, that's how I roll.

Between recording it, putting it through Share Factory, putting it on USB and uploading it to YouTube the sound sync has gone a bit awry but you get the idea.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Well, I got level 30 this morning. That was a stupid number of shards, but...

I guess I wanna try hard mode VoG sooner rather than later.

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Anyone want to crucible? Or strike

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    What system are you on?

• Options
    CroakerCroaker Registered User regular
    Doing Nightfall on PS4 right now - FrankAustin if anyone needs. Just mention PA in the invite.

• Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Ps4

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    My angst over being short 2 coins from buying Suros made me think... Is there anything stopping me from leveling the other two classes up and doing the weekly with them as well?

I demand a Scrooge McDuck money vault filled with strange coins!

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    CroakerCroaker Registered User regular
    Cheesed the ever loving fuck outta that Nightfall, got a Thunderlord. Woo!

Holy shit this thing actually crackles with lightning? <3<3<3

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    My angst over being short 2 coins from buying Suros made me think... Is there anything stopping me from leveling the other two classes up and doing the weekly with them as well?

other than time, nope.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Croaker wrote: »

Thunderlord is like a laser gun. I almost feel bad using it in the Crucible.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Croaker wrote: »

Thunderlord is like a laser gun. I almost feel bad using it in the Crucible.

No idea on how it works or if it needs some*or the titular* upgrade first, but sometimes when you kill stuff with it they blow up dealing arc damage to others nearby.

Do you use perfect balance or field scout? The extra ammo is nice, but when it gets kicked up to maxed firing speed even with the accuracy buffs I find it hard to keep hitting if nothing else from the muzzle flash.

Fondor_Yards on
    Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Got the Nightfall done tonight, only took one try and we had a random we picked up at the Tower

Cheesed it but whatever, it didn't really take that long, just unload that Arc damage

Then I solo'd it for the Weekly Heroic for my 9 coins

And I gambled the Exotic Gloves and got the Hunter gloves I wanted, though its only stat is Discipline +76 which seems like a very low starting value
    But it'll help cut down the 299 Strength I have across all items currently, since that's like 100 wasted stat points

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    Boy, super good advice is a tough gun to use in crucible...

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    So assuming, since I have an Invective (finally), that I can get any solar sniper and just swap weapons to always have ammo, is there a particular reason I should hold out for Ice Breaker? I don't use auto rifles for anything but Crucible when I do, and I've got a Grim Citizen I've been using, but it kind of feels like unless you have an exotic primary, you're up a creek nowadays. And Bad Juju is so not doing it at the moment.

Also I hear that the damn Suros does literally 2x the per-bullet damage of my gun and ooooooh that ticks me off good.

dporowski on
  • Options
    Evil MonkeyEvil Monkey Grover beachRegistered User regular

It's not fun as it sounds but all my sparrows have cool thruster colors now.

Evil%20MonQey.jpg
  • Options
    Jean Claude Van CalmJean Claude Van Calm 'sup? Awesome Possum.Registered User regular
    RABBLE RABBLE. Another VoG down, brings my total haul to Found Verdict x4, Atheons Epilogue x3. I did get the monte carlo but it apparently sucks so it's just another RNG face slap.

:(

PSN: Grimmsy- Xbox Live: Grimmsy
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »
    So assuming, since I have an Invective (finally), that I can get any solar sniper and just swap weapons to always have ammo, is there a particular reason I should hold out for Ice Breaker? I don't use auto rifles for anything but Crucible when I do, and I've got a Grim Citizen I've been using, but it kind of feels like unless you have an exotic primary, you're up a creek nowadays. And Bad Juju is so not doing it at the moment.

Also I hear that the damn Suros does literally 2x the per-bullet damage of my gun and ooooooh that ticks me off good.
    With narrow exception I would much prefer a legendary primary - Shadow Price, Grim Citizen, Vanquisher VIII, super Plok to any of exotic primaries I have sued.

Suros is probably the exception, but for the fact that you want icebreaker. If you think to yourself "maybe I don't want icebreaker." The you are mistaken.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Apothe0sis wrote: »

With narrow exception I would much prefer a legendary primary - Shadow Price, Grim Citizen, Vanquisher VIII, super Plok to any of exotic primaries I have sued.

Suros is probably the exception, but for the fact that you want icebreaker. If you think to yourself "maybe I don't want icebreaker." The you are mistaken.

Oh, I want an Ice Breaker. I do indeed. I just don't quite know if I want it bad enough to not buy a Suros unless I have 40+ coins banked. :p Especially when I can sort-of fake it by just swapping between an Invective and a legendary solar sniper. (For PVE I mean. PVP, I am never going to hit anything with a sniper.)

dporowski on
  • Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Just spent my evening doing the raid with a random group feeling optimistic and hopeful the whole time. Took like 3-4 hours and all I got at the end was Chatterwhite and a few Ascendant Energies that I absolutely don't need right now.

FuriousJodo on
    FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    The Icebreaker shines in Strikes and Raid. Infinite ammo and decent damage to bosses. Perfect for the Templar and Aetheon.

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    MarikirMarikir Registered User regular
    So I took my new 25 Titan through the weekly at 26 yo get six coins. Cheesed it but it did take several attempts. It ended withe Phogoth, aka Cuddles, staring at me through the door, constantly trying to burn me but being unable due to the very small window of view. I emptied my Grim Citizen and Icebreaker into him. Eventually he fell to the onslaught.

Took those coins and bought SUROS.

You guys weren't kidding about it. Freaking laser accurate hammer.

steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    The Icebreaker shines in Strikes and Raid. Infinite ammo and decent damage to bosses. Perfect for the Templar and Aetheon.

I still haven't even upgraded it and it still wrecks faces. I'm not even sure what it takes to level it up, since killing shit and turning in bounties doesn't seem to move the bars much.

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Exotics are a nightmare to level up. It is truly ridiculous.

• Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    I've leveled several exotics without taking too long, but that was before I had dozens of them, plus the dozens of legendaries to dump xp into as well.

I remember when I was only level 22 and barely had two purples to rub together. Simpler days.

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Marikir wrote: »
    So I took my new 25 Titan through the weekly at 26 yo get six coins. Cheesed it but it did take several attempts. It ended withe Phogoth, aka Cuddles, staring at me through the door, constantly trying to burn me but being unable due to the very small window of view. I emptied my Grim Citizen and Icebreaker into him. Eventually he fell to the onslaught.

Took those coins and bought SUROS.

You guys weren't kidding about it. Freaking laser accurate hammer.

You can always spot who I play with.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »

Oh, I want an Ice Breaker. I do indeed. I just don't quite know if I want it bad enough to not buy a Suros unless I have 40+ coins banked. :p Especially when I can sort-of fake it by just swapping between an Invective and a legendary solar sniper. (For PVE I mean. PVP, I am never going to hit anything with a sniper.)

Invective is not the same as ice breaker, it regens slower, and has a fair whack of inconvenience in needing to switch to you solar sniper.

If I were you I'd spend vanguard marks on Shadow price (or crucible marks on Vanquisher if) if you don't like grim citizen. And skips suros for now in favor of ice breaker.

Of course, there's no guarantee of icebreaker coming around again any time soon, nor suros. You might have enough time in the interim to get enough strange coins anyway, it's only two weeks at the longest if you do two weekly strikes at 28...

Suros is great though, so if you think you can afford both, it'd defo be worth it.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Besides Thunderlord, is there a really good machine gun for crucible?

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    CelianCelian Registered User regular
    @Crayon‌ @OptimusZed‌ @Stragint‌ @Alucard6986‌ @Sousuke‌

As I was trying to say before you guys went on an insufferable tirade about craft beers, Sunday nights are no bueno for me. I tend to bring the PS4 over to a friend and watch movies and am not back home until 8h30-9h30 EST. So feel free to replace me. My only concern is that I was the Fireteam leader and want to make sure you guys have the appropriate checkpoint. If not, I'll be sure to be on and get you guys loaded into the right raid instance or we can figure out a way to transfer the checkpoint.

PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Besides Thunderlord, is there a really good machine gun for crucible?

I've been using my Corrective Measure with a 100 round magazine. Zombie Apocalypse has worked well for me in the past as well.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    BruanBruan Registered User regular
    So I guess I've hit the part where you have to raid to gain levels. I've got full legendary armor and exotic gloves - and I can farm materials to maybe get to 27. Should I start an alt or try to find a raid group?

Playstation: Anthai (Destiny)
    WiiU: jooncole (Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate)
    3DS: 2122-5983-8919
  • Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Celian wrote: »
    @Crayon‌ @OptimusZed‌ @Stragint‌ @Alucard6986‌ @Sousuke‌

As I was trying to say before you guys went on an insufferable tirade about craft beers, Sunday nights are no bueno for me. I tend to bring the PS4 over to a friend and watch movies and am not back home until 8h30-9h30 EST. So feel free to replace me. My only concern is that I was the Fireteam leader and want to make sure you guys have the appropriate checkpoint. If not, I'll be sure to be on and get you guys loaded into the right raid instance or we can figure out a way to transfer the checkpoint.

Says a craft beer drinker. I don't trust your kind! I kid, I kid.

I'm not too sure how the group feels overall, but I'm okay with moving it to Monday if that means you can.

In other news I was watching some videos this morning and this seems to fit our...playstyle:

http://youtu.be/H6kdGjNc6uI

Crayon on
  • Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    So I have yet to do VoG - any groups running it today that have room on PS4? Got a 28 hunter.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    Does anyone else think that Phogoth looks exactly like Ben Affleck?

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Also, I have been looking through my inventory wondering why I won't just destroy my excess queen's bounty stuff. Not really sure why that is, but it got me thinking further about the event.

Like, what did they think the purpose was, and why did they not foresee that being able to shard the queen's bounty stuff would mean that people would use it to farm. And, if they didn't want that, why did it take them a few days after it launched to realise it. A pretty baffling first run, I think.

Edit: and I say that with the caveat that I really enjoyed the queen's wrath and didn't think it the useless waste of time that most characterise it as. I'm just saying that the picture it paints of the inner workings of the Bunge is a little weird.

Apothe0sis on
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »
    Well that was an awesome raid tonight that only took an 1:40-ish.

Had some great moments too like me saving an entire flank during the Templar fight and us almost getting the chest, killing a Gorgon AND getting through the maze in a single attempt.
    I said I was sorry.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
This discussion has been closed.