As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TERA] Game coming to an End in June

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    I loved this announcement:
    djsbecsacg3s.jpg

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Annnnd my net went out for about 40 minutes, I'll just have to play catchup with Group 2 I guess :(

• Options
    Karrde1842Karrde1842 Registered User regular
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    Annnnd my net went out for about 40 minutes, I'll just have to play catchup with Group 2 I guess :(

Don't worry. We quit way early since there were only 3 of us, and Pixie was getting some bad lag.

• Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    I guess it was just a bad night, Group 3 only had two folks show, so we decided to postpone for next week.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Group 1 had everyone show, and we made it for almost two hours before calling it quits. Still getting Jazz up to speed on things, but it's been fun.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Darlan wrote: »
    I guess it was just a bad night, Group 3 only had two folks show, so we decided to postpone for next week.

Worse still, I was online. But on my Lancer. :bigfrown:

Sorry, I'll keep better track of the Group 3 starting time next week/going forward.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Group 1 had everyone show, and we made it for almost two hours before calling it quits. Still getting Jazz up to speed on things, but it's been fun.

Yeah, though I was 30 minutes late.

Saint's Row 3.

• Options
    ZombieSheepZombieSheep Registered User regular
    I'm only Level 37, and I have already hit the point where I think I need to just skip all bam quest, they are placing them in increasingly tiny area and with more mobs around it. It also doesn't help they now all have quick almost no tell move attack that turns their entire hit box into damage. Also, AOE markers that is actually smaller than the AOE attack itself can go to hell.

• Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Holy crap I completely forgot about tonight! Going out late to vote does that to me I guess.

Do we want to schedule a rain-check run?

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

Once again, thanks for your patience, you guys. We went slower than last week and that was a great relief, but I still am kind of fumbling in the dark. Not sure if it's just me, but the game's UI seems rather unhelpful, I assume because it was designed for people who've already played a few MMOs. And (this is not a criticism, just an observation) you guys do sometimes speak in MMO-ese... I'm a little lost with that but I'm trying to learn, honest :)

Definitely starting to enjoy it more, though.

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    TERA's UI is fairly unique in how it switches between mouse cursor and mouse look mode (System Shock 2 is the only other game that springs to mind that does that), so I wouldn't worry about it, you'll get used to it, but it does take a bit of time.

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    I also really enjoy playing TERA with a gamepad, and switching to the mouse/keyboard when I need to do some management with the mouse cursor mode.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Glal wrote: »
    TERA's UI is fairly unique in how it switches between mouse cursor and mouse look mode (System Shock 2 is the only other game that springs to mind that does that), so I wouldn't worry about it, you'll get used to it, but it does take a bit of time.

Dragon Nest, RaiderZ and a few other action MMORPGs do it as well, actually.

If it helps, Jazz, pressing start on the controller is like pressing escape in that it brings up the menu over your "action bar" (I.E. the bar for setting your skills at the bottom).

Edit:
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    I also really enjoy playing TERA with a gamepad, and switching to the mouse/keyboard when I need to do some management with the mouse cursor mode.

That's exactly what I do.

Kalnaur on
  • Options
    Not being able to quickly spin my camera around 180 is what stops me from using a gamepad to play this game. It's perfect for it otherwise, but man, those blind spots can kill you right quick if you're fighting BAMs. And with the Slayers' best avoidance method being "dodge through them" you need to do 180s a lot.

• Options
    Glal wrote: »
    Not being able to quickly spin my camera around 180 is what stops me from using a gamepad to play this game. It's perfect for it otherwise, but man, those blind spots can kill you right quick if you're fighting BAMs. And with the Slayers' best avoidance method being "dodge through them" you need to do 180s a lot.

I have my right stick combat sensitivity turned up to 11 so I can whip the camera around. I did this after getting my teleport on my sorcerer and I can 180 no problem.

• Options
    ironsizideironsizide You must whip it Registered User regular
    So I decided to test my mettle last night and solo the raid version of Sinestral Manor at level 35/36. Despite being incredibly stupid and taking next to no healing potions (10?) in with me, I managed to get to the final BAM fight where in I proceeded to have my dick knocked in the dirt. I had to quit for the night after rezzing back in town.

This leads me to some questions I could look up, but work is being a bear so I am hoping to lean on you folks for some info.

I'd like to beat that last encounter. If I go back into the dungeon will I have to do it all over again or will I be able to proceed directly to the final fight? Is there a hard global reset after a specified time (like one week) or on a set day of the week (like every Saturday at noon)?

It looks like I cleared all of the other quests in the dungeon but need to turn them in to people in the dungeon. I hope I can do that with out having to fight through all the critters again.

I need to get better about stocking up on healing potions. How do I get them? There's no vendors for them correct? Other than raiding guild stores, do I need to learn Alchemy to make them myself?

Related to the healing potions, how about getting rid of poisoned status? Are there potions or scrolls to fix that or do I just have to healing potion my way out of it?

|_
    Oo\ Ironsizide
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    How active and how many of you are there?

I've played and quit TERA a few times because of the lack of other people online to play with.

Are there a lot of you who still play daily?

• Options
    Speaking for myself I'm playing daily at the moment in 1-1.5 hours chunks in the afternoon and evening in the GMT-5 timezone.

|_
    Oo\ Ironsizide
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    A fair amount of the current visitors to the thread are playing specifically on Tuesdays, though some of us have other characters and may be playing more than just that one day.

I'm currently playing another (non-MMOG) game, otherwise I'd be playing my level 41 Sorcerer.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    ironsizide wrote: »
    So I decided to test my mettle last night and solo the raid version of Sinestral Manor at level 35/36. Despite being incredibly stupid and taking next to no healing potions (10?) in with me, I managed to get to the final BAM fight where in I proceeded to have my dick knocked in the dirt. I had to quit for the night after rezzing back in town.

Is that what happens when you die? I've often wondered. See, I play a lancer so I don't actually know. :razz:
    I need to get better about stocking up on healing potions. How do I get them? There's no vendors for them correct? Other than raiding guild stores, do I need to learn Alchemy to make them myself?

There's tons of them for sale on through the trade broker.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options

Related to the healing potions, how about getting rid of poisoned status? Are there potions or scrolls to fix that or do I just have to healing potion my way out of it?

What level are you, and how willing are you to farm ingredients/foot the bill for the crafting components required? Because my level 41 sorcerer has been working on Alchemy with the expressed purpose of keeping me alive, so she has some talent in it. ;)

• Options
    Kalnaur wrote: »

What level are you, and how willing are you to farm ingredients/foot the bill for the crafting components required? Because my level 41 sorcerer has been working on Alchemy with the expressed purpose of keeping me alive, so she has some talent in it. ;)

I'm level 36 atm, and wound up going down the working in Alchemy route myself this afternoon. I had been banking all the mats I have been gathering and had enough of them to get my Alchemy up to 250 or so, which is gets me to making healing potions for my level range, so I'm pretty happy.

The funny part is that healing goods require a lot of plants for raw mats and yesterday I was concerned my plant gathering was too low so I had gone back to low level areas specifically to gather lower level plants and get that skill up to snuff. That gave me juuuust enough plants for the Alchemy run this afternoon. OCD behavior paid off!

I've been pretty good at selling stuff I don't use or can't use on the auction house and so gold has been no problem at all I gotta say. I made the ~200gp I needed to fully expand my inventory and had plenty left over for the Alchemy leveling. The only thing I've hit against that would make me want to get an Elite account is hitting against the 10 item max limit for the trade broker all the time! Getting to put 20 items up for sale at a time would help me with inventory management.

@The Pink Skull‌ : Yeah, yeah, yeah. Lancers > Warriors. :biggrin:

I've discovered the ultra hard way that when you die you apparently lose a random glyph attached to equipment! Glad I banked those suckers!

I'm still having way more fun with Tera than I ever had with most other MMOs. If Tera that an class like the Hunter from WOW or Engineer from GW2 (guns! turrets!) I'd be in heaven.

|_
    Oo\ Ironsizide
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    There's a chance for any of your slotted glyphs to break on death, not just one. It's why I always carry a few in my bag, juuuust in case.

• Options
    Or just carry crystalbinds.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Or just carry crystalbinds.

From what little I can glean, those are drops from level 60 monsters?

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Crystalbinds are for endgame stuff. For leveling you shouldn't be dying often enough where crystalbinds would be cost-effective. If you are dying enough that you're burning through crystals consider switching to a crystal set up that is cheaper to replace. I typically use vigorous crystals for leveling (never in dungeons though, vigorous crystals are very inferior for group content where you have a healer) but vigorous crystals tend to be expensive so if you're dying a lot, I'd use something else.

• Options
    For some of us, leveling IS the endgame. Once I hit 60 with a character, it's time to retire and restart.

That said, I was just being silly. I sell all my crystalbinds. They bring in decent gold. Also, don't die and it's a non-issue. :razz:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Adventures in SOLO ALL THE THINGS.

Todays episode, Cultist Refuge.

I threw bombs at the barrels o skeletons to set em off didn't think to ss that woops.

This was by far the hardest part. Look how low she is! I thought I'd lost because of this part.
    ?.jpg

The bosses were easy and boring hp sponges. But that stone went boom good. Also BLOOM!
    ?.jpg

Saw this guy, optional boss? I dunno but it's something to kill for loot since the bosses all dropped mage stuff which I don't need.
    ?.jpg

This was surprising. Cloned himself!
    ?.jpg

He did kill me, because I let him combo me because I was being lazy and he was at 10%, only death and got him the second time.
    ?.jpg

I got a new outfit, it's very...pink. @The Pink Skull
    ?.jpg

Bonus photo, lewd Santa.
    ?.jpg

• Options
    The Manor is done. It will be a long time before I want to see any Johnny-Depp-as-Mad-Hatter-wannabe vampires again.

|_
    Oo\ Ironsizide
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    Speaking for myself I'm playing daily at the moment in 1-1.5 hours chunks in the afternoon and evening in the GMT-5 timezone.

Welp, I'm downloading this again. I hope that there are more people playing now so I don't have to play solo and get bored. :)

• Options
    If we have any low 40s archers you got a present in the guild bank

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Started up a mystic over the weekend in addition to my TTT lancer... and just noticed how very many things I can summon.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    So, just a heads up, I am going to be unavailable for triple titad tommorow.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    I don't know what I did, but I'm running into the same problems @The Pink Skull‌ with the damned launcher. It keeps telling me a source file is corrupted (I did nothing to them mind you). I tried everything in their support page and no dice. Well not everything cause the Repair button in the Tools section is greyed out for some reason. So apparently the only option I have is to re-install? Really?

I have a hard time believing En Masse didn't do something yesterday to screw the install up.

|_
    Oo\ Ironsizide
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    I ended up having to completely uninstall/reinstall.

As an unfortunate side effect of that, it's highly unlikely I'll make the TTT game tonight. The downloader failed overnight, so I started it over again this morning before leaving for work but my optimism level on that is low.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Okay, got this fixed. So while running the launcher in debug mode (as described here: http://support.enmasse.com/tera/obtaining-the-developer-logs-and-diag-information-when-contacting-support
    ) I got the source of the corrupted file problem. In my case it was the TERA.exe in the TERA/Client/Binaries folder.

It was deleted during the course of following the steps here: http://support.enmasse.com/tera/source-file-was-corrupted

When I tried to download the replacement in the link on that page, Chrome kept failing with 'insufficient permissions". I would up downloading the file to my Downloads directory and copying it over manually. Once I did this the launcher was able to patch the files and I can play it again.

Maybe this will help someone else.

|_
    Oo\ Ironsizide
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Happily, my TERA installation seems to work! I'm really sorry that some folks seem to be having issues with theirs, I've been there before.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Had a weird error when I tried to launch today, but it just worked by pressing play again.

Also, I just realized my character just casually rides around sidesaddle. why

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Had a weird error when I tried to launch today, but it just worked by pressing play again.

Cause TERA

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2014

Because Tera ladies are classy and modest.

Wut?

(they do ride normally on some mounts, though, like the sabre cat)

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~