As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Are There PAXers near Me? The Very First Forumers Attendees Map for PAX South

zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
PAX SOUTH COMETH!

As @Moe Fwacky and I have done in the past, I have set up a map for us to put our points on and discuss where we are from.

Map! http://www.maptive.com/ver3/paxsouth2015

For checking in your area: If people are in the same place very close to one another they sometimes get put on top of one another. Click on your own placemark and see if there is a "1 of X" with an arrow in the bottom right corner of the popup. This means there is more than one placemark on top of each other in that spot. Click the arrow to cycle through them to find people REALLY close to you!

To get a placemark added to the map
0) Check the map to make sure you aren't already on there! Many people submit early and then forget about it.. then they submit again closer to the show ;)

1) GO HERE: http://www.latlong.net/ and get the decimal latitude and longitude of where you want your marker to go. You do this by dragging the map around and clicking to move the marker. You don't need to make this your actual residence or anything that close to where you live, this is just to get a general idea of who is near who. I personally put in the center of the suburb in which I live.
Note: There are other places to get your lat/long, this one is just super easy and straightforward.

2) Copy the decimal Lat/Long somewhere, or write it down. Make sure you include any minus signs that may be present... this matters A LOT.

3) please submit this handy dandy google form. I'll be compiling the submissions about once per week... ish... into the map itself.

• s3prototypes3prototype Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Anyone living in Texas making their way out to San Antonio?

Im in Houston leaving Thursday with my crew.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I am certain plenty of people who are heading to pax south are from texas :)

I plan on doing my big "where's everyone from" thread and map soon, so that should help too :)

• MaggieTheCatMaggieTheCat Registered User regular
    "From" Texas, no...I was born and raised in Wisconsin. But I live in San Antonio now (for about 5 years now) and I feel much more at home here than I did in Wisconsin. Super excited that my "hometown" is hosting PAX South. :D

• s3prototypes3prototype Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    I am certain plenty of people who are heading to pax south are from texas :)

I plan on doing my big "where's everyone from" thread and map soon, so that should help too :)

If you want to shut down this thread by all means. Keep this place nice and tidy. My agenda was to see if people were leaving at the same time and have road trip meetups or land marks.

It's cool, I just usually have a more broad thread about this up by now. NW. I might just merge it in once I do it.

• Shy_PuppetShy_Puppet Houston, TexasRegistered User regular
    Just curious but s3prototype what part of Houston are you from?

• coomtasticcoomtastic Smexy Beast TejasRegistered User regular
    I'm here in Texas, over near Huntsville.

• WickershamWickersham Registered User regular
    Grew up in Houston but I've been in San Antonio for twelve years.

• steadyknocknsteadyknockn Registered User new member
    Leaving from Houston as well.

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I live in Abilene.

• MidanMidan Registered User regular
    I live in a little town up in the pan handle called Olney, we are driving to Austin Thursday night (my parents live there) then heading to San Antonio first thing Friday morning.

• Shy_PuppetShy_Puppet Houston, TexasRegistered User regular
    s3prototype I'm current from Lake Jackson on the coast. I'm pretty sure a lot of people from the Houston area are going.

• wickedtexanwickedtexan Belton, TXRegistered User regular
    I live in Belton, about 50 minutes north of Austin. Got our passes, pretty stoked. We went to East back in '11 when we lived in Massachusetts. Most fun I've ever had. My heart raced when I heard Pax was coming south.

• Tigre_RoaringTigre_Roaring Greater South Houston areaRegistered User regular
    Shy_Puppet wrote: »
    s3prototype I'm current from Lake Jackson on the coast. I'm pretty sure a lot of people from the Houston area are going.

Hey I work close to Lake Jackson. That's cool to know there are fellow PAX people around me. I live close to Pearland. Making a road trip with my crew as well.

Gonna be there all 3 days!

• helen0rzhelen0rz Registered User regular
    Dallas here, not born and raised but eh. Got a big group of people heading to PAXz

48vla9t2j9ff.png
  • QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
    In san antonio, I'll drive the 10 minutes it takes to get to the convention center each day!

First map update has been posted :)

• Lnrt87Lnrt87 KansasRegistered User regular
    There will be 2 of us driving down from southwest KS and we will be picking up a friend in Amarillo along the way. Hopefully a buddy from Overland Park, KS will be joining us as well!

• JimmyWildJimmyWild Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    Austin, checking in!

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    2 of us heading down from Wichita. Probably driving.

steam_sig.png
  • MalgarasMalgaras Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    You've seen him in Boston, and in Seattle, but a new wind is about to blow... Coming to you live from Maryland via flying metal tube:
    Malgaras stars in....

The PAXening VI:
    Southern Showdown

Ahem, er, I mean Maryland reporting in.

Malgaras on
    1tLJUH2O.png
  • DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    From Oil Country to a place just next door to Oil Country...kinda

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular

Five more, definitely driving.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• MaggieTheCatMaggieTheCat Registered User regular
    So uh...I derped and put my board username as MaggieTheKatt in the Google Doc form, 'cuz that's what I go by on some other forums and I forgot which one I used here. So when you see that submission, that would be me. Sorry!

• CyberFeyCyberFey Registered User regular
    4 driving down from Oklahoma City!

• jj4thjj4th Registered User regular
    San Antonio... I'm not going to click the map :D

• ccarroll85ccarroll85 Registered User regular
    Will be driving up from Killeen and staying at the Hilton Pelacio.

Donatello: You're a claustrophobic.

Casey Jones
    : You want a fist in the mouth? I've never even looked at another guy.
  • YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Tucson, Arizona checking in.
    Considering that several of us make it to Seattle every year, I'd be surprised if there aren't more that make it out to Texas.

Updated the map! 35 forumers have put down placemarks so far

• edgeiconedgeicon Registered User new member
    Working in Tokyo Japan. But by PAX time, Ill be back in the states either Dallas, or San Antonio.

• MagnusCarterMagnusCarter Registered User regular
    I shall be making the trek over from England again.
    All these PAX's are really helping my air miles account.

• Bartoni33Bartoni33 Southern IllinoisRegistered User regular
    Southern Illinois here! This is my first Pax or con of any kind. Very excited.

• FireflyKSFireflyKS KansasRegistered User new member
    WuShock wrote: »

Five more, definitely driving.

Add 1 more driving down from Wichita

• Retro JoseRetro Jose Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    Austin here as well. I am jazzed that I may get to go and represent my company at PAX. I mean, I have read Penny Arcade for so long, and now to be able to like do this, and in TEXAS!!! It is like the moons and stars aligned. Really looking forward to it.

map updated!

• TraithTraith Indianapolis, INRegistered User regular
    Don't worry, Indiana... I got this.

South 2015 Status: [✓] 3-Day Badges [✓] Hotel [✓] Plane Tickets [✓] Time Off [ready] Liver

Attendee:
    Prime: '13
    South: '15
  • MasterRokkuMasterRokku Registered User regular
    Driving in from North Dallas on Thursday and staying at the Marriott Riverwalk.

PAX South Status: [x] Room @ The Marriot - [x] 3 day pass - [x] Vacation scheduled
  • TrezlTrezl Registered User regular
    Driving the family down from the Dallas area here. Taking the kids to the show for the first time :)

• JonnyGallJonnyGall Registered User new member
    Flying from the Twin Cities! I do not frequent these forums that often, is there a group forming for people going to South solo?