The Binding Of Isaac: Rebirth - Go play in the basement, little one.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    cobalt has beat the boss rush and the lamb using the lost

the lost has no hp and can never gain any

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Other people need to stop being so good at video games.

Happiness is within reach!
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Oh god my damage is maxed out I have the big close-range tears and I just killed mom

Opted to go onto the womb rather than boss rush because I don't feel confident in beating the rush just yet but jeez

Also I have one soul heart and two dark hearts thanks to a few devil pacts (also I have wings now, sister maggie and toxic baby)

• ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    fuck god damnit

i was on a good blue baby run, until i got soy milk, which is just terrible

still made it to satan and... died to a stupid fucking worm at the exact same second my bomb went off that killed him

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    Soy Milk has killed so many runs

• BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Tammy's Head + Azazel is basically an automatic ticket to victory, because it generates a gigantic circle aura of lasers that one shots even most bosses and the item recharges after every room.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Soy milk is literally double Hitler.

I haven't gotten it in the game though, what does it do?

broken image link
    Soy milk is literally double Hitler.

I haven't gotten it in the game though, what does it do?

makes tears do basically no damage but shoot really fast

so for me i was doing high damage and now i am doing zilch

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    soy milk gives your tears a X.1 damage modifier

The win streak counter going negative is fucking rude imo.

• el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Bob's brain is underrated

I hurt myself too much with it :S

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

bob's brain is the hardest boss in the game

• GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    So regular damage upgrades after you get soy milk do very little?

• BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »
    Bob's brain is underrated

I hurt myself too much with it :S

it synergizes really well with holy shield

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    picked up cursed eye

pause, exit game

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    Why would I want to play anyone but azeazelasl

xet8c.gif
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    getting bob's brain with the monster manual without noticing i have bob's brain was one of my deaths

liEt3nH.png
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »

it lets you know how bad you are

Gumpy wrote: »
    So regular damage upgrades after you get soy milk do very little?

correct

they "help"

but nowhere near what they would if you didn't have a bad item

• GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    Managed to somehow survive a run with bobs brain and big bomb fly

It was not odd for one or the other to explode in my face immediately upon entering a room

Beasteh wrote: »

I can just read your posts for that info

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    So I just unlocked Azazel

suddenly this game is a lot more fun

6F32U1X.png
    Yeah, and when I die after wasting an hour on a run, I don't need the fucking game to rub it in.

• NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    Yeah, and when I die after wasting an hour on a run, I don't need the fucking game to rub it in.

It's...not a feel-good game. Abuse is central to the theme.

brDe918.jpg
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    are you familiar with the concept of a 'roguelike'

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Man, I had laser tears and laser baby and was tearing through with curse of darkness and all of the sudden I was dead. Not being able to see your health is tricky.

man, i'm starting to feel like for all the added difficulty of this version they didn't give enough in the player's advantage

like, i only had a couple runs in the old version where if i made it to the cathedral boss i didn't go all the way

but now, beating just the cathedral seems like i need to be on an exceptionally good run and it kind of makes me want to stop playing

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    STUPID MOTHER OF FUCKNUGGETS

nwoyUEM.png

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Also I just noticed I forgot to use my Hematesis pill which totally would have saved me.

HNNNNNNNNNNNG

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Rebirth is about hurting

And it hurts so good

YL9WnCY.png
  • DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    Zay wrote: »
    man, i'm starting to feel like for all the added difficulty of this version they didn't give enough in the player's advantage

like, i only had a couple runs in the old version where if i made it to the cathedral boss i didn't go all the way

but now, beating just the cathedral seems like i need to be on an exceptionally good run and it kind of makes me want to stop playing

What do you feel is more difficult?

DrDinosaur wrote: »

most old bosses are harder (in particular the late game ones), the new bosses are all hard, new extra big rooms can be harder, new enemies (wall spiders and red whatevers in the womb, in particular) are bullshit, and a lot of the new items are terrible, which exacerbates the problems with everything else being harder because it makes it harder to get good items

also i've had just totally abysmal luck with pills, which i dunno could just be bias, but i sure feel like i never had so much consistent stat down pills in classisaac

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    edited November 2014

Orbitals are more important with all the projectiles (now that flash won't crash), but you're less likely to get them (and the health/damage/speed items), since there are more items, all the familiar and tear effects make it easy to lose track of what's trying to actually hurt you, there are more items that completely screw you over if you pick them up (why the fuck is cursed eye even in the game, and the pills seem a lot more negative), there are more rooms where it is nearly impossible to avoid taking damage, and obnoxious things like red poop. The game just in general feels a lot less fair.

Coinage on
  • BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    This is the little boy who killed Satan.
    9B01B113F24A11241285F8755E2E39A5839812EF
    He vomited blood, which was filled with spiders, and the spiders were the little boys friend. Those who were still standing would run-away in fear. He was not a very nice little boy.

(Dark Matter, Magic Mush, Stem Cells, Lard, Crown of Thorns, Brimstone, Infestation 2, Squeezy, Black Bean,Dog Food, Black Bean, Magnet.)

I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

most old bosses are harder (in particular the late game ones), the new bosses are all hard, new extra big rooms can be harder, new enemies (wall spiders and red whatevers in the womb, in particular) are bullshit, and a lot of the new items are terrible, which exacerbates the problems with everything else being harder because it makes it harder to get good items

also i've had just totally abysmal luck with pills, which i dunno could just be bias, but i sure feel like i never had so much consistent stat down pills in classisaac

the vast majority of the old bosses are completely unchanged

a couple of the new bosses are bullshit awful but most of them are fine or even easier than old ones

new big rooms are rude as heck and might be toned down in a future patch

a lot of the new items are also really good and some are even mediocre! not everything has to be a carry

pills are more likely to be a net positive now, and you got some major bias going on with them

Orbitals are more important with all the projectiles (now that flash won't crash), but you're less likely to get them (and the health/damage/speed items), since there are more items, all the familiar and tear effects make it easy to lose track of what's trying to actually hurt you, there are more items that completely screw you over if you pick them up (why the fuck is cursed eye even in the game, and the pills seem a lot more negative), there are more rooms where it is nearly impossible to avoid taking damage, and obnoxious things like red poop. The game just in general feels a lot less fair.

orbitals are less viable than in classic because they have a smaller hitbox than they used to unless you get BFFS

health ups have essentially the same drop rate from bosses, and now there are more with added benefits

also, speed should practically never be a concern unless you're maggy

there are more weird items because edmund wanted weird items, you don't have to pick them up

pills are overall more positive now

they reduced the rooms where instant or unavoidable damage was happening (get good)

aids poop existed in the original

also, a lot of people that have put hundreds of hours into the original think this game is easier, so, ya know

straight up fuck the walking turrets and bone-throwing skelemen though

fuck i totally forgot about those stupid fucking walking skull head dudes

man there was already nothing at all fun about having to wait for them to pop up so you can hurt them, now having them walk around

fuckin garbo

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    PiptheFair wrote: »

also, a lot of people that have put hundreds of hours into the original think this game is easier, so, ya know

cool i'm happy for them

sthbuf0g7b7y.png