As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Doctor Who] Not an ending, but a mending

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Oh hell they showed all the Doctors. Those better be from whatever the Lego Ideas set will be since dimensions only has Capaldi minifig.

Also freaking Doctor Who meeting Doc Brown, both voiced by their actors. There better be some god damn amazing dialog with them together.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    All of the Doctors will be playable in Lego form, even the War Doctor. When your character dies, you'll regenerate as the first Doctor then cycle through the series again.
    Depending on which Doctor you play as, the interior of your TARDIS will change -- playing as the first Doctor will give you an old-school, black-and-white time machine.
    A jukebox in the TARDIS will let you choose whichever version of the Dr. Who theme you want.
    Peter Capaldi (Dr. Who), Jenna Coleman (Clara Oswald), and Michelle Gomez (Missy) will also lend their voices to game.
    Other playable characters available for purchase as physical Lego Minifigs include a Cyberman, Dalek, and K-9.

Those first two points are awesome!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    playable dalek?

i might have to get this

• Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    All of the Doctors will be playable in Lego form, even the War Doctor. When your character dies, you'll regenerate as the first Doctor then cycle through the series again.

Correct.
    Depending on which Doctor you play as, the interior of your TARDIS will change -- playing as the first Doctor will give you an old-school, black-and-white time machine.

Correct.
    A jukebox in the TARDIS will let you choose whichever version of the Dr. Who theme you want.

Correct!
    Peter Capaldi (Dr. Who), Jenna Coleman (Clara Oswald), and Michelle Gomez (Missy) will also lend their voices to game.

CORRECT!

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    http://doctorwho.tumblr.com/post/123670840871/people-ask-me-when-did-you-first-feel-like-you
    “People ask me, when did you first feel like you were on Doctor Who? I think it was when they threw a rubber spider in my face and said ‘Fight it’ and I said, ‘Doesn’t it work? Where’s the operator?’ ‘There is no operator; it’s a big rubber spider. Fight it!’”

Amazing.

Amazing.

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
  • Options
    His hair seems to be getting more John Pertweey

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    That Maisie Williams bit at the end was perfect

• Options
    Zygons! Makes sense I guess, they've already got the costumes lying around, might as well get some more use out of them.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    so wait who is williams supposed to be

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    younger clara, don't know the details besides that.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »

I bet it involves
    Time travel

• Options
    edited July 2015

I bet it involves
    Time travel

I meant more
    Is it the younger version of the current clara, or the other claras we've seen, or another one all together

Naphtali on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

I bet it involves
    Time travel

I meant more
    Is it the younger version of the current clara, or the other claras we've seen, or another one all together
    Time travel!

• Options
    Sure we get a 5 inch curator figure but still no Capaldi in his actual costume figure.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Sure we get a 5 inch curator figure but still no Capaldi in his actual costume figure.

SBur2bb.jpg

Close enough?

• Options
    I guess.

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I was really hoping Maisie was going to be
    Missy

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    There are two possible suspects as to who she could be for me
    River, in between child form and Mels

or

Susan

of course those are wild guesses, so

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Caught the eighth episode on a British Airways flight yesterday. Man, I may need to actually watch this show again. Especially because all the characters were bearable and there weren't a billion fuckawful ongoign subplots to follow.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Last season was pretty good

• Options
    Anyone catch these batch of rumors? For those that don't want to check the link...
    ...they state that we might see "The Fires of Pompeii" from an alternate point of view, complete with Tennant returning as the Tenth. That and/or we may get other Doctors showing up near the end of the upcoming season including Reece Shearsmith who played Patrick Troughton in "An Adventure In Space And Time" now going all the way and playing the Second.

• Options
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Anyone catch these batch of rumors? For those that don't want to check the link...
    ...they state that we might see "The Fires of Pompeii" from an alternate point of view, complete with Tennant returning as the Tenth. That and/or we may get other Doctors showing up near the end of the upcoming season including Reece Shearsmith who played Patrick Troughton in "An Adventure In Space And Time" now going all the way and playing the Second.
    Shearsmith is a good actor but I still don't get why they asked him to play Two. They look absolutely nothing alike. Rob Brydon would have been perfect for the role. Seriously, imagine this guy:

550w_showbiz_celeb_birthdays_rob_brydon.jpg

with a mop of black hair and a shabby bow-tie and tell me I'm wrong.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Also get Jon Pertwee's son and stick a white wig on him and he'd look almost exactly like his dad.

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Also get Jon Pertwee's son and stick a white wig on him and he'd look almost exactly like his dad.

HEcUiOK.jpg

He did that for Halloween some time in the last couple of years, he's already got all the stuff!

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Wow. He actually looks even better than I thought he would.

Just get him and David Bradley to play the 1st Doctor in an actual episode.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    A story that's just the 12th Doctor and the 1st interacting with each other would be so much fun. Each one seeing who can out-grump the other.

• Options
    InvectivusInvectivus Registered User regular
    I would honestly like it if they used the living doctors BEFORE using replacements for the others, but I will make an exception to Pertwee's kid, as, god dang, that's uncanny.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
  • Options
    CyvrosCyvros Registered User regular
    Cross-posting from the D&D thread: That sure is a bunch of Daleks.
    Two from The Daleks, an Emperor's Guard from Evil of the Daleks, a Special Weapons Dalek and the Supreme from the end of series 4. Hopefully this will feature classic Daleks actually getting used, unlike in Asylum.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    This week on "Things I didn't realize I wanted but now I really do"

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    someday, sure. hayley atwell is great

but dang if capaldi isn't crushing it thus far. i'd love for him to keep the role as long as he's up for it

Naphtali on
  • Options
    Oh for sure, plus Agent Carter is brilliant as well, but in five or ten years having Atwell as The Doctor would be bang on.

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    Well, the Doctor Who comics didn't waste any time in the Four Doctors crossover.
    o7apoOK.jpgvf4qpe8.jpg

• Options
    That's really weird behaviour for Ten. There's established precedent for regenerations being a somewhat tradable commodity for Time Lords. Admittedly, The Master is the only other canon example, but it's doubtful the process of granting new regenerations was invented just for her.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Butler wrote: »
    That's really weird behaviour for Ten. There's established precedent for regenerations being a somewhat tradable commodity for Time Lords. Admittedly, The Master is the only other canon example, but it's doubtful the process of granting new regenerations was invented just for her.

I guess he assumes the Timelords are still dead so there shouldn't be anyone to grant more?

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Butler wrote: »

I guess he assumes the Timelords are still dead so there shouldn't be anyone to grant more?

Pretty much the same idea I had. And for those who're curious about what's going on in those two pages...
    ...the girl with the green dress is Clara. On a trip to an alien world with Twelve she spotted a 'Museum Of Terrible Fates' that claimed the three Doctors meeting would result in the end of everything. So when Ten and Eleven unwittingly drop off their comic-book companions at the same cafe, Clara met with them in order to gain their help in luring the Doctors away from the city. As you can see, that failed and so:
    NpI0rIY.jpg
    sg0FF3o.jpg

Owenashi on