As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Doctor Who] Not an ending, but a mending

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    I miss SciFi Scooby Doo :(

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    They were always going for Dark Who with Torchwood. Campy and cheesy is Who's thing. They basically flipped the ratios to try and get something different, but messed up the details too often.

• Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    whoa, you need to put some kind of "moffat is talking" warning on that. the preview image makes it looks like a normal trailer

• Options
    Like Moffat, I, too, enjoy unnecessary suffering.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Jenna Louise Coleman with a rocket launcher? *fans self*

• Options
    edited September 2015
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMI7K8KsTsA
    That disc the Doctor has may be the Seal of the High Council of Gallifrey (in a carry case perhaps), last seen stuck to Handles' forehead in The Time of The Doctor, previously nicked off The Master in the Death Zone by the Third Doctor during the events of The Five Doctors. In which case, he's giving it to the sister to give back to the Master because he needs her help.

I don't know what creature they're talking about, though Davros is the odds-on favourite at the moment.

Butler on
  • Options
    CyvrosCyvros Registered User regular
    I'm guessing it's the confession dial the Master had in The Magician's Apprentice trailer.

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Nuts to you guys, I liked River.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Jenna Coleman has quit Doctor Who to star in a series about Queen Victoria.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Well, shit.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    isn't the Mirror a tabloid?

• Options
    InvectivusInvectivus Registered User regular
    One can only hope

• Options
    I can't speak to the rest of their reporting but they've been very reliable about Doctor Who related stuff in the past.

• Options
    If it is something that's been in the works for a while, it would explain the whole "Jenna's leaving the show. Oh wait, no she's not," thing last season.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Something more cheerful now, the complete list of Season 9 episode titles (c/o denofgeek.com):
    doctor_who_series_9_episode_titles.jpg

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    5 and 6 seem connected. Actually lots of these look like two parters.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I believe they've said the entire season is two-parters

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    It's probably about time for Jenna Coleman to leave. She had a good run.

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Please use Michelle Gomez as the new companion.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Two and a half series is the record, isn't it? She'll be tied with Amy.
    (Although counting specials and cameos outside of regular appearences, I think Rose is still the record holder for New Who)

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    It's probably about time for Jenna Coleman to leave. She had a good run.

As long as its a better send off than The Angels Take Manhattan

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    I don't know, Angels Take Manhattan was bad and all but I was happy for anything that meant Amy Pond wasn't in the show any more. I disliked that character so much that I completely peaced out for her entire reign.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    it's really funny to watch the later Rose stuff when she came back because she actually forgot how to talk like Rose so it's all super weird

• Options
    darleysam wrote: »

I wouldn't mind her for one or two stories, but the Master isn't terribly relatable. The show would suffer a bit without an audience surrogate character.

• Options
    Langly wrote: »
    it's really funny to watch the later Rose stuff when she came back because she actually forgot how to talk like Rose so it's all super weird

Her attempt at a "working class" accent was pretty heinous, perhaps she was just quitting while behind.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

Didn't she recently have some major dental work done right before coming back?

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Butler wrote: »
    darleysam wrote: »

I wouldn't mind her for one or two stories, but the Master isn't terribly relatable. The show would suffer a bit without an audience surrogate character.

My platform is entirely one of She Would Be The Best Doctor So If We Can't Have That I'll Take Anything That Keeps Her In The Show.

Which probably now exists on TV Tropes because I typed it like that.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    I can't see her as anything other than Sue White unfortunately.

• Options

Didn't she recently have some major dental work done right before coming back?
    For the 50th she did, but that was technically not the same character, he was talking about series 4.

Although as a stupid American I didn't even realize that wasn't her actual accent until well after I finished watching the whole series.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I remember thinking she sounded weird when she showed back up, but at the time I figured I just wasn't accustomed to her accent anymore.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    I always thought Rose's accent should have been more 'London' and less 'cockney' for a working class person in London which I reckoned was more common, but I am northerner so I could be talking rubbish.

• Options
    Liiya wrote: »
    I always thought Rose's accent should have been more 'London' and less 'cockney' for a working class person in London which I reckoned was more common, but I am northerner so I could be talking rubbish.
    It's always hilarious to me when English people talk about accents since, as John Oliver once said, everyone sounds like the Queen to me because I'm American. She definitely could have toned down the oi guvnah, though.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »

Her attempt at a "working class" accent was pretty heinous, perhaps she was just quitting while behind.

no she actually said that between series she just kind of forgot, and she had been doing people with other voices and had to watch herself to try and remember.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    I couldn't, like, identify different English accents, but I can definitely tell a bunch of them apart. I wouldn't have the slightest idea if someone's doing a fake one, though, unless it's cartoonishly bad.

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    I really loved Jenna's time on the show, but as long as her end episode/scene is good, I'm fine with this.

• Options
    I just realised, what on Earth are we doing not speculating on who the next companion will be? Who would you all like to see?

I'd love to see Tatiana Maslany take on the role but that's never going to happen. She's tied up with Orphan Black still and probably waaaay too expensive because of how successful that's been anyway.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    4Q9R8Xu.jpg

How about her? The Doctor originally left Gallifrey with a relative. If the Twelfth ends up being the incarnation to return, it'd make a nice book-end to do so with another relative.

• Options
    Liiya wrote: »
    I can't see her as anything other than Sue White unfortunately.

Same here, which is why I would've loved for her to be the Doctor.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    Butler wrote: »
    I just realised, what on Earth are we doing not speculating on who the next companion will be? Who would you all like to see?

I'd love to see Tatiana Maslany take on the role but that's never going to happen. She's tied up with Orphan Black still and probably waaaay too expensive because of how successful that's been anyway.

In retrospect she'd have been great casting for what they tried to do with Clara in her first season. Hell, who am I kidding, she'd be great casting for just about anything.

cdci44qazyo3.gif