As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Assassin's Creed: Origins - out now!

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Alan Rickman?

Jeremy Irons, so more Die Hard With A Vengeance

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    So, I just finished the main storyline. How do I get to the secret bit?

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Lalabox wrote: »
    Take Evie to the far east end of the Thames. There's a portal there.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    WW1? Is that supposed to be post-game only? Because I'm only in Sequence 6 and I've been there and conquered that

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    WW1? Is that supposed to be post-game only? Because I'm only in Sequence 6 and I've been there and conquered that
    Nah, I finished that after like sequence 4 or 5. I forget what the unlock conditions are, but it's not "post-game".

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    I thought the Jack dlc was pretty good, to be honest. I liked that he was
    an Assassin, rather then a Templar.

I thought they handled Jack's savagery fairly well. They didn't do anything super gauche like have Prostitute Assassinations or shit like that.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Just realized it's only been about six years since ACII.

Damn, seems like so much longer ago now with all thats been released now.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Those are solid outfits. Curious how they look in motion and action scenes.

• Options
    When is Fassassin's Creed supposed to be based?

• Options
    Spanish Inquisition, I believe.

• Options
    Bet you didn't expect that, huh

• Options
    Captain MarcusCaptain Marcus now arrives the hour of actionRegistered User regular
    I'm about halfway through Rogue, and I'm very much enjoying it. Black Flag had a better setting, but so far Rogue has abandoned the mystical Assassin bs and I'm really hoping it doesn't come back.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    I'm about halfway through Rogue, and I'm very much enjoying it. Black Flag had a better setting, but so far Rogue has abandoned the mystical Assassin bs and I'm really hoping it doesn't come back.
    AC unity story spoilers:
    Theres a golden sword that shoots energy blasts that pops up throughout the story.

Thats about as first civ as it gets though.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Syndicate is pretty good! I haven't had a ton of fun with any story mission yet but the traversal tweaks are extremely good and London is shockingly well realized and fun to walk around in. I had to physically stop and look around when I got outside after a mission and it was raining. Incredible, and even better to walk around in and see how the ground is changed ect.

I initially like the dialogue between Evie and Jacob, thought it was the most natural and fun dialogue to come out of the entire series I've played by a significant amount, but basically immediately started bickering and now I'm tired of it. Jacob also sucks and I hate the idea of having to play him in missions.

Only just did Sequence 3 so I'm still super early on, though. We'll see where it goes!

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    CXRXCngU0AA51if.jpg

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    Nah, I finished that after like sequence 4 or 5. I forget what the unlock conditions are, but it's not "post-game".
    the missions there were around level 6ish, so probably sometime when you hit that.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I finally picked this up.

I just got my bat grapple. How many more key pickups are there before I can ignore the story line and do what I want forever?

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    I finally picked this up.

I just got my bat grapple. How many more key pickups are there before I can ignore the story line and do what I want forever?

If you want hallucinogenic darts, keep going. If not, commence screwing around.

I think there's also some type of bomb, but as of completing story chapter 4 I don't have it yet, and can't say how useful/fun it is.

I CAN say how fun it has been clearing out these towns. I like the gang fights.

• Options
    I used the bombs all of the one time I was told to and then promptly forgot about them completely.

• Options
    Same here. Same with hallucinogenic darts, too.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Is The Ezio Collection going to be released on the PS4? I keep seeing images of the PS4 box but no listing anywhere.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    What does it mean that every pharmacy in Spain has a templar cross hanging

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    I used a lot of hallucinogenic darts

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I used a lot of hallucinogenic darts
    But enough about your personal time

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Is The Ezio Collection going to be released on the PS4? I keep seeing images of the PS4 box but no listing anywhere.

Where are you seeing these images cause that ain't a thing except for when they pressed all the games onto one bluray for ps3 in 2012

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    Magic Pink wrote: »

Where are you seeing these images cause that ain't a thing except for when they pressed all the games onto one bluray for ps3 in 2012

Just on a GIS.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    It feels like everyone is kinda of a damage sponge.....

• Options
    Blake T wrote: »
    It feels like everyone is kinda of a damage sponge.....

You'll get some skills that bring them to the near death state super fast

• Options
    I used the bombs all of the one time I was told to and then promptly forgot about them completely.

Voltaic bombs are super useful when the Gang Leader in a zone comes to talk shit at you. Drop one to deal with the initial mooks, toss one at the fleeing shit-talker, close in, make short work of them.

Speaking of, that you can kill the "boss" of an area well before the boss fight, when they're just showing up to monologue at you, is one of my absolute favorite things about the game.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I got Assassins Creed Syndicate for Christmas and as I was just loading it up to get it all configured correctly just now I realized that I completely and totally forgot about the framing device of all these games. I was like "oh. oh right, Animus, Abstergo, all that stuff."

Hopefully next game they abandon it entirely since they seem to be reducing it more and more as the series goes forward.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    They're not going to abandon it

1) It's rad as fuck
    2) They actually made it more prominent than in Unity

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Aistan wrote: »
    I got Assassins Creed Syndicate for Christmas and as I was just loading it up to get it all configured correctly just now I realized that I completely and totally forgot about the framing device of all these games. I was like "oh. oh right, Animus, Abstergo, all that stuff."

Hopefully next game they abandon it entirely since they seem to be reducing it more and more as the series goes forward.

No. As president of the Assassin's Creed Fan Club and Geocities Site Ring, I veto your appalling suggestion.

Drez on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular

Voltaic bombs are super useful when the Gang Leader in a zone comes to talk shit at you. Drop one to deal with the initial mooks, toss one at the fleeing shit-talker, close in, make short work of them.

Speaking of, that you can kill the "boss" of an area well before the boss fight, when they're just showing up to monologue at you, is one of my absolute favorite things about the game.

I only pulled it off once, and it felt amazing.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    The modern day/precursor stuff'll keep becoming more prominent in one game so people complain about it so it barely shows up in the next game so people complain about it so it becomes more prominent in the next game and so on until the end of time/the series loses enough sales.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I think III and Black Flag both had the perfect amount of modern day stuff

III had like, actual missions for Desmond to do, which was really cool, and since you're just some nameless cipher in Black Flag, having you do a bunch of terminal puzzles and seeing all the Abstergo Entertainment stuff was fantastic

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    I don't care if they actually make it good. More good content in games is always better.

But the intro to this one is literally 2 minutes of "here's a lady you maybe know or maybe she's new? and two doofuses you definitely know, they are doing something on their own or whatever who cares lets just go back in time. Who gives a shit who you are, that doesn't matter." and then you're on a train with the protagonists.

Aistan on
  • Options
    Wanting to ditch the dumb sci-fi bullshit in Assassin's Creed is like wanting to ditch the faux-50s aesthetic in Fallout.

Like, sure, you could. But then it's an entirely different thing, with an entirely different personality, so why are you bothering to put the original name on it?

• Options

Wait... you mean you don't have to kill them at that point?

• Options

Wait... you mean you don't have to kill them at that point?

You can technically fight them in the turf war at the end of clearing a zone, but where's the fun in that?

This discussion has been closed.