Options

NOBODY EXPECTS THE FERELDEN [INQUSITION] especially if you never leave the Hinterlands

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Does anyone have suggestions for recommended area order? I've cleaned out Hinterlands, Crestwood, Storm Coast and Fallow Mire in that order, so it's been kind of trivially easy for a while now (or maybe Reaver is just OP, who can say).

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    The oasis? The emerald graves, exalted plains, and other desert one that isn't hissing wastes should also be good

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    "You're from wherever? I'm from North wherever!"

"What?"

"Yeah! I used to live on street, and we used to have so much fun down at local tavern!"

Oh my dear sweet Jesus, fuck all y'all, the Herald is amazing

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    "The scholars will say that the herald was hilarious"

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »
    The oasis? The emerald graves, exalted plains, and other desert one that isn't hissing wastes should also be good

Western Approach

Also Emprise du Lion

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    "You're from wherever? I'm from North wherever!"

"What?"

"Yeah! I used to live on street, and we used to have so much fun down at local tavern!"

Oh my dear sweet Jesus, fuck all y'all, the Herald is amazing

The herald is a fine character, it just takes a bit to realize it

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Maybe I just picked a bad voice but American dude Inquisitor is still nowhere near as cool as Lady Hawke

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Rainfall wrote: »
    Stilts wrote: »
    JohnHam wrote: »
    Which of these should I do first:

Here Lies the Abyss
    I'm at the Adamant assault portion of this one.

OR

Wicked Eyes and Wicked Hearts

I'd say Wicked Eyes & Wicked Hearts first, because Adamant is pretty emotionally heavy, and Wicked Eyes & Wicked Hearts is perhaps a bit lighter? You get to be a suave motherfucker if you play it right.

I was very happy with how my Inquisitor handled Wicked Eyes & Wicked Hearts.
    Max court approval

Stylishly embarrassed the traitor in front of the whole court

It's me.

I'm the suave motherfucker.

Did you then follow with...
    making her the official jester to the Inquisition?

You can DO that?

Man I need to work on my court approval next time.

Flat shoes for life.

Here's what I did in Wicked Hearts
    92 Approval, shamed her in front of the court and got her arrested, but I got her life to be spared so she ended up at my judgement throne.

So fucking stylish.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    British Dude Voice is very good at being smarmy

American Dude Voice sucks at it

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Maybe I just picked a bad voice but American dude Inquisitor is still nowhere near as cool as Lady Hawke

Lady Snarkhawke is a hell of a lot better than the Inquisitor but the Inquisitor is pretty damn awesome.

Just Hawke is the best rpg protagonist.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I like the Inquisitor a lot! When I say "hawke is the best DA protagonist" I mostly mean "it's really hard to top how cool hawke is especially given that inquisition is far less focused on the personal story of the inquisitor than da 2 was on the personal story of hawke"

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Balefuego wrote: »

None of them are really. The VO for Hawke was exceptional

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Nothing like two daggers and an armor that all have a 10% chance to activate Hidden Blades with 4 extra hits

• Options
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    KetBra wrote: »

Western Approach

Also Emprise du Lion

Emprise might be a bit too high level

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Is anyone boning Cullen? I'm quite happy riding the Bull this playthrough, but his general storyline has me curious.

Cullen Skyhold spoilers:
    That cold turkey lyrium stuff is pretty intense and I'm wondering if it is moreso if he's being romanced.

I did Cullen romance
    I don't think there's much lyrium specific stuff that you don't already see if you're just friends. The only differences are additional conversation choices related to romance.

The only added cutscene in regards to it is the morning after lovemaking scene where he's alseep and having a bad dream, then when he wakes he says he always has dreams like that since getting off lyrium.

Cambiata on
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    I like the Inquisitor a lot! When I say "hawke is the best DA protagonist" I mostly mean "it's really hard to top how cool hawke is especially given that inquisition is far less focused on the personal story of the inquisitor than da 2 was on the personal story of hawke"

Yeah I had that scene with Cullen playing dragonchess and I was like "...Dang, I kinda miss not having a family in this one". Adds a lot to a character.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    the American VOs for the Herald are pretty bad

i don't think i'll ever use them

even if i'm playing a qunari

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »
    So.

Ending spoilers.
    Solas was the Dread Wolf. Mother. Fucker. I'm unsure why he gave the Orb to Corypheus, unless his plan was to kill the Maker or draw out the other gods. Also, am I correct in assuming that Flemeth is now possessing Solas?
    heavily debatable. I'm of the opinion Solas now controls Flemeth/Mythral's souls. It makes the most sense given the dialogue and Flemeth's reaction to it happening.
    It's super goddamn vague. Flemeth makes clear she can possess men, so it's possible she's driving Solas, who seems weaker.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    British Dude Voice is very good at being smarmy

American Dude Voice sucks at it

Maybe this is it.

The American voice has a good voice for big gravitas/deceleration but his "Everyman" readings are not great and when he tried to get jokey with Cassandra or Varric it can be downright bad.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Pony wrote: »

Dwarves will be the really odd ones to have a Ferelden accent if you ask me.

But I'll probably never do not-British either.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Yeah I tried the AmeRican dude first and he sounded like a generic manly soldier man and Naaaaah I'm good

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Cassandra HATES me.

To the point where I found her
    getting wasted out of depression for being the one that got me into the Inquisition.

• Options
    Cassandra HATES me.

getting wasted out of depression for being the one that got me into the Inquisition.
    W

What the fuck did you do

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Cassandra HATES me.

Good lord what did you do

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    101101 Registered User regular
    Cassandra HATES me.

holy shit

• Options
    Ok possible dumb question, maybe @vsove can answer.

I've been looking up the tavern songs to listen to on Youtube. And the about listing on the youtube page lists Trevor Morris, Maryden Halewell the bard.

Now in the game the character's name is Maryden.

Is Maryden Halewell the actual person's name who sings the song (and maybe plays the instrument too??)

That would be amazing.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Wicked hearts thing (nothing big):
    oh geez a Krogan head!

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Wicked hearts thing (nothing big):
    oh geez a Krogan head!

What? Where??

• Options
    most of my complaints about this game are small things that I miss from previous games
    for instance: where the hell are bodahn and sandal, how am I supposed to believe that these events are serious without the uatu the watcher of the world of thedas

• Options
    Pony wrote: »

Dwarves will be the really odd ones to have a Ferelden accent if you ask me.

But I'll probably never do not-British either.

i'll never play a dwarf in this game

i don't have an especially good reason to, thematically

elves, yes

qunari, yes

humans, yes

dwarves? not so much

dwarves aren't a huge player in this storyline and you being a dwarf doesn't seem like it would matter as much as it would for the other ones

in Origins that was different because you had your whole Orzammar backstory and you went there and got involved in dwarven politics and stuff

the dwarves were literally 1/3 of your allies

in this one, being a dwarf just makes you kind of a weird outsider? which is something better experienced by playing a Qunari (which really doubles down on that experience)

so basically because Qunari is available I don't see myself playing a dwarf ever except in multiplayer

• Options
    I might play a dwarf because it would be the best fit for a "hahaha yes give me all the power, what, stop looking at me like that, I'm only going to abuse it a little" playthrough

• Options
    I want to play a dwarf because dwarves are cool and maybe I can make Scout Harding's twin.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    scout harding is the secret mvp of this game

• Options
    Cassandra HATES me.

Good lord what did you do

Throughout the first act I tended to rp my character in a way that put her at odds with Cass. Siding with mages, and so on. So lots of "Cassandra slightly disapproves" stuff.

Then I decided fuck it, I usually play goodie goodie characters, I'm gonna be as corrupt as the game will allow me to be.

She is regretting her life choices.

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    So.

Ending spoilers.
    Solas was the Dread Wolf. Mother. Fucker. I'm unsure why he gave the Orb to Corypheus, unless his plan was to kill the Maker or draw out the other gods. Also, am I correct in assuming that Flemeth is now possessing Solas?
    heavily debatable. I'm of the opinion Solas now controls Flemeth/Mythral's souls. It makes the most sense given the dialogue and Flemeth's reaction to it happening.
    It's super goddamn vague. Flemeth makes clear she can possess men, so it's possible she's driving Solas, who seems weaker.

post-game spoiler
    yet it seems solas has more power. he says that he should make the sacrifice, but the people need him, hence Flemeth has to be the sacrifice. i really wonder what the sacrifice is for and how that relates to What Pride Had Wrought.

• Options
    Scout Harding is probably going to end up in the top half of my companion rankings despite not actually being playable.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cassandra has the best romance

which largely consists of trolling the shit out of her

• Options
    Basically I am hoping I can end the game with a "you saved the world, and now THE POWER IS YOURS BWAHAHAHAHA" kind of thing.

Let's see if any of the party members can get through this without hating me.

Maybe Viv will still be my friend.

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    So.

Ending spoilers.

post-game spoiler
    yet it seems solas has more power. he says that he should make the sacrifice, but the people need him, hence Flemeth has to be the sacrifice. i really wonder what the sacrifice is for and how that relates to What Pride Had Wrought.
    Except Solas was dramatically weaker, as he says. That's what set the plot in motion, why he had to give the orb to Corypheus. I think Flemeth is using Solas' body as her new shell, and now she has The Dread Wolf, Mythral, and possibly the GodBaby under her belt.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
This discussion has been closed.