Options

NOBODY EXPECTS THE FERELDEN [INQUSITION] especially if you never leave the Hinterlands

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    every option for the orlesian throne is a dick
    I reunited celene and briala because my inquisitor was a hopeless romantic and also listing all the evidence against gaspard was hilarious
    I did this too!

I really wanna know what happens if you
    make Briala the puppet master to Gaspard. She's kind of a total dick but it seems like it would help Elves a lot

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Wait a minute
    this gives me a critical chance on... crafting???

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Balefuego wrote: »
    JohnHam wrote: »
    -Tal wrote: »
    also you forgot sten

and Solas

solas is where he belongs

Actually that's not true, he's low on the list but not Rock bottom

yeah I liked him alright until he started talking about elves

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Second question

If I already have DA2 on Steam, can I still buy the DLC or will I have to go through Origin now

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Thinking about companion quality, in terms of general strength of cast, Inquisition is the strongest by a pretty significant margin IMO.

Like I have some big favorites from the old games but there's like one companion character in Inquisition that doesn't really interest me at all. Everyone else is genuinely interesting and well-conceived even if I think they're kind of a butthead.

JohnHam on
    signature.png

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Wait a minute
    If you crit you get the little bonus effect

Like +10% on stats

Or 50% chance to cast immolate on the target

Shit like that

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Wait a minute

If it's the one I'm thinking of, that means there's a chance that the stats will be 10% better than they would normally be for the materials you put into it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I reunited celene and briala because my inquisitor was a hopeless romantic and also listing all the evidence against gaspard was hilarious
    I did this too!

make Briala the puppet master to Gaspard. She's kind of a total dick but it seems like it would help Elves a lot

Whereas I
    Ousted everyone.

Gaspard gets execution.

Oh, p.s. Briala's guilty, too.

I realize that all three options are kinda shitty. I went with Celene largely because I figured my Inquisitor wouldn't want to take a risk on the other two.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Oh god all of this Solas talk
    FULL GAME SPOILERS
    Is SO GOOD knowing the Dread Wolf twist

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    Oh my god, I'm just closing this thread; even the pre-spoiler preambles are haunting me now.

I need to know what happens in this gaaaaaame

signature.png

• Options
    Stilts wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I did this too!

Whereas I
    Ousted everyone.

Gaspard gets execution.

Oh, p.s. Briala's guilty, too.

I realize that all three options are kinda shitty. I went with Celene largely because I figured my Inquisitor wouldn't want to take a risk on the other two.
    The thing that kept me from Briala/Gaspard is that Gaspard is a warmonger and Briala doesn't seem to have much love for Fereldan either.

So, while elves would probably get a nice boost it would be at the cost of Orlais becoming expansionist dick holes again, which, no thanks.

Meanwhile in my game Orlais and Fereldan have signed an official peace treaty and are now allies.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    My next playthrough is going to be a lady dwarf warrior who is kind of a hard ass but all about fucking up power structures and improving things for the non-human races

It'll be funnn

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Oh my god starting the knight enchanter spec quest and it's just ALRIGHT FIRST OFF CONSTRUCT YOUR LIGHTSABER HILT

whelp

guess I know what I'm playing as

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    d-double post

hi

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    looking back, my inquisitor was kind of a sentimental idiot most of the time

• Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    blackwall fucking disappeared from skyhold despite still being available as a party member and I'm not okay with that

There should be an exclamation point in the stables.

• Options
    he was absolutely not in the stables

• Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    Unless his marker is still there, then you just gotta keep reloading the area till he shows back up.

• Options
    One time blackwall's icon was still in the stables but I actually found him outside like kind in between them in the shops.

It was confusing

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    blackwall just can't tell the truth about where he is at any given time and how can you trust someone like that

I never even got to do his personal quest!

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I think I'm gonna be a dude just to romance cassandra next time

I will be the Donnic to her Aveline

• Options
    101101 Registered User regular
    Decided to rush throguh the end game missions.

Gives me that much more to do one further play-throughs, and I was getting bored of my human archer guy

End game shit
    Solas what the fuck

gonna need to take this guy on a lot more missions next time through, I think I missed a lot by largely ignoring him

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I've been putting off either
    going to Redcliffe or strong-arming the Templars.
    Going around, collecting more companions (Bull, Sera, Vivienne, Blackwall), doing some quests

I have two whole areas I can open up while I'm at it

but I have this feeling I should really just buckle down and choose one and go do it and advance the plot instead of front-loading myself with these sidequests

I have just one question
    If I go with the Templars am I strong-arming them, or possibly kicking the shit out of the Lord Seeker?

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    blackwall just can't tell the truth about where he is at any given time and how can you trust someone like that

I never even got to do his personal quest!
    That sucks because it is really good!
    He isn't actually Warden Blackwall. He is Thom Ranier, an Orlesian captain who was attempting to gain favor with Gaspard by ordering the death of a rival noble but ended up getting the noble's entire family killed. So he was on the run, got found by the actual Warden Blackwall and was going to be recruited before Blackwall was killed and so Thom just took his name and attempted to atone for his sins.

He reveals himself as Ranier after learning his old second in command was going to be executes due to his orders and goes to prison.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    If you haven't been to Redcliffe yet AT ALL you should just go do that now, it's not until after you go there and see what's up that you actually have to choose.

I mean unless you just say fuck it and go directly to the big Templar story mission.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Wyborn wrote: »
    I've been putting off either
    going to Redcliffe or strong-arming the Templars.
    Going around, collecting more companions (Bull, Sera, Vivienne, Blackwall), doing some quests

I have two whole areas I can open up while I'm at it

but I have this feeling I should really just buckle down and choose one and go do it and advance the plot instead of front-loading myself with these sidequests

I have just one question
    If I go with the Templars am I strong-arming them, or possibly kicking the shit out of the Lord Seeker?

I don't have an answer for that question because
    I went pro-mage. From what I've heard about the Templar quest, though, the mage one seems way, way more interesting.

One thing you should know, if you travel to Redcliffe on the Hinterlands map, you are not locked in to pro-mage at all, and it gives you some information about them. You don't get locked in to one or the other unless you take one or the other mission in the War Room.

Cambiata on
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    If you haven't been to Redcliffe yet AT ALL you should just go do that now, it's not until after you go there and see what's up that you actually have to choose.

I mean unless you just say fuck it and go directly to the big Templar story mission.

O-oh

I could do Redcliffe and still pick the Templars?

woops

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Which of these should I do first:

Here Lies the Abyss
    I'm at the Adamant assault portion of this one.

OR

Wicked Eyes and Wicked Hearts

I'd say Wicked Eyes & Wicked Hearts first, because Adamant is pretty emotionally heavy, and Wicked Eyes & Wicked Hearts is perhaps a bit lighter? You get to be a suave motherfucker if you play it right.

I was very happy with how my Inquisitor handled Wicked Eyes & Wicked Hearts.
    Max court approval

Stylishly embarrassed the traitor in front of the whole court

It's me.

I'm the suave motherfucker.

Did you then follow with...
    making her the official jester to the Inquisition?

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Rainfall wrote: »

Here Lies the Abyss

OR

I'd say Wicked Eyes & Wicked Hearts first, because Adamant is pretty emotionally heavy, and Wicked Eyes & Wicked Hearts is perhaps a bit lighter? You get to be a suave motherfucker if you play it right.

Max court approval

It's me.

You can DO that?

Man I need to work on my court approval next time.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular

Here Lies the Abyss

OR

Max court approval

It's me.

You could finish that quest without killing her? I had to judge her remains in a box, and then I initiated an operation to send that box on a world tour to keep nobles in line who thought they could take her place.

Pay them a visit, Godfather-style

• Options
    101 wrote: »

O-oh

woops

I mean you don't really "do" Redcliffe, you go there, talk to some dudes, see what's up and then an equivalent to that Templar mission becomes available on the war table.

THEN you choose which to do (or continue fucking around first but I would reccomend pushing through that part of the game sooner rather than later)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular

Here Lies the Abyss

OR

Max court approval

It's me.

You can DO that?

Man I need to work on my court approval next time.

My court approval was 99 and I didn't get to see that option

• Options

O-oh

woops

I mean you don't really "do" Redcliffe, you go there, talk to some dudes, see what's up and then an equivalent to that Templar mission becomes available on the war table.

THEN you choose which to do (or continue fucking around first but I would reccomend pushing through that part of the game sooner rather than later)

Ok this I didn't know. There was a way to see what was up with the Templars before choosing?

Man I can't wait for my replay.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    I didn't choose the Templars because I'm not literally hitler 8-)

• Options

O-oh

woops

Ok this I didn't know. There was a way to see what was up with the Templars before choosing?

Man I can't wait for my replay.

No for the Templars you get access to their big mission right from that first encounter. You have to dig around in Redcliffe before getting the option tondo the Mages one.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    People were talking about how they were handling being labelled the Herald, it's interesting that it's a factor that keeps getting brought up for your analysis, with the push to accept it for PR reasons.

In Your Heart Shall Burn
    I had been non-committed to being sent by Andraste because fuck if I know what happened at the start of the game, but after The Elder One tried to take the Mark my Herald became a true believer in a moment of crisis, it'll be interesting to see what this new-found faith leads to.

• Options
    QuirkyLittleTyrantQuirkyLittleTyrant A Mug Featuring Pichu On A Cloud Registered User regular
    Is anyone boning Cullen? I'm quite happy riding the Bull this playthrough, but his general storyline has me curious.

Cullen Skyhold spoilers:
    That cold turkey lyrium stuff is pretty intense and I'm wondering if it is moreso if he's being romanced.

PSN ID: Khrysocome
    Steam: ZappRowsdower
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Naw I think the templar equivalent is that scene with them punching a nun and dropping the mic

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    Pony wrote: »
    I didn't choose the Templars because I'm not literally hitler 8-)

The righteous Templar order is all that stands between civilization and the dangers of magic.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    oh my god vivienne is whipping the iron bull into an obedient little boy

PNk1Ml4.png
This discussion has been closed.