As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] A Classy Christmas II; Day Seventeen Total: $7,197.90

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Oh my God it's working! I'm in the future!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Steam broadcasting works with non-Steam games.

Here's me playing some Hearthstone.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    Burnage wrote: »
    Oh man, Sonic Racing Transformed is satisfying nostalgia urges I didn't even realise I had. Golden Axe! Shinobi! House of the Dead! Panzer Dragoon! Burning Rangers!

It does make me a bit sad that nothing's been done with those franchises for so long, though. Others, too - I'd love something like an updated Shining Force.

WHAT?!?

Installing now.

EDIT: Sweet Lord, seven gigs? Egads.

Fucking Dragonborn was 9.5 Gigs!

@Jazz shining force did not age all that well. But the updates do exist in X-Com, Valkyria Chronicles, Fire Emblem, Blackguards, and Shadowrun (with Fire Emblem being the closest)

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Streaming seems very nice, could do with a lot more options and maybe being able to use nvidia's streaming drivers, but it works and its easy. Those're the two important parts to get more people streaming.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    Hey @CorriganX, I didn't hear if you mentioned it in your stream but how were you doing the voice? Were you also broadcasting Teamspeak or was that Steam chat or what?

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    This Steam Broadcasting thingy looks interesting. I think I'll fire it up the next time I start up a game.

Descendant X on
    Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Hey @CorriganX, I didn't hear if you mentioned it in your stream but how were you doing the voice? Were you also broadcasting Teamspeak or was that Steam chat or what?

I was on skype, it plays all sound coming in. You can enable your microphone in the broadcast settings, its disabled by default.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    Anti-SeanAnti-Sean Registered User regular
    By the hoary hosts of Hoggoth! @DoctorArch‌ filled my inbox with silver balls (while blaming it on @Spoit‌) over the holiday weekend, and I didn't notice until now.

Many thanks for the Doctor Strange Pinball FX table! I'll throw many controllers in frustration in your honor!

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Got in to the chat page of one of my friends, but it never loaded any video on my phone.

• Options
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Got in to the chat page of one of my friends, but it never loaded any video on my phone.

I actually got the video to work on my Android phone. Are you using the mobile site or the desktop site? The video was black until I tapped it and then it showed up.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    @Corpekata is a sneaky one, bops me over the head in the dead of early afternoon with Betrayer! Thanks!

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited December 2014

Anyone know what the delay is? 30 seconds'ish like twitch?

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    @Ed Gruberman‌ Sorry I didn't have chat enabled right away. If you're playing a game full screen it cuts off most of the message.

• Options
    subisubi Registered User regular
    Alt+tab is lotto on win8 ,sometimes you get luck and back to game ,and sometimes you need to log out from profile to see desktop..

• Options
    Ceno wrote: »
    @Ed Gruberman‌ Sorry I didn't have chat enabled right away. If you're playing a game full screen it cuts off most of the message.

No worries. I was just testing out features and seeing what it would do. Seemed to run reasonably well on my crappy work connection. It will probably be much better when we upgrade our connection in a week or two.

Anyone know what the delay is? 30 seconds'ish like twitch?

Someone in @CorriganX's stream mentioned that it was about 10 seconds

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Awesome, GoT Episode 1 got solid reviews. I was afraid that it might not have been done justice. Telltale must just be printing money right now, which means they'll be an EA studio in 12 months.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    This stream thing is pretty cool, and easy to use.

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Idx86 wrote: »
    Awesome, GoT Episode 1 got solid reviews. I was afraid that it might not have been done justice. Telltale must just be printing money right now, which means they'll be an EA studio in 12 months.

Hopefully though, them making money is the thing that allows them to continue being independent. You don't snap up a lucrative IP with dat HBO money by being a small fry after all.

Or maybe making the big bucks is the precursor needed for the owners to finally go, "We out!" and get paid fat fuckin stacks on a buyout. Depends on how cynical you want to be, I guess.

• Options
    CorsiniCorsini Registered User regular
    Couldn't get Dwarf Fortress streaming working, which is okay because the best way to enjoy other people's Dwarf Fortress games is to read about them.

steam_sig.png
    Steam Badger A greasemonkey script for better gifting and peering
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Now we calmly play the waiting game until they get the Star Wars license.

Telltale presents: EVERYTHING.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Now Telltale just needs to realize that all the Star Trek: The Next Generation actors are still kicking around and willing to work.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    "Steam Broadcasting is not currently supported on this operating system."

Oh... you mean Windows 7?

Steam... come on. I'm trying to use your cool new feature, to see if it's better than OBS. Why you do this?

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Pffff... I would kill, kill, for Babylon 5 by Telltale.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Now Telltale just needs to realize that all the Star Trek: The Next Generation actors are still kicking around and willing to work.
    You're going to have to wait for them to reboot it with a younger, hipper more arrogant Picard first.

Zach Efron with a full head of hair. You know it's going to happen.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Drovek wrote: »
    Pffff... I would kill, kill, for Babylon 5 by Telltale.
    Not even Telltale could write a game with that many words in it.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    You're going to have to wait for them to reboot it with a younger, hipper more arrogant Picard first.

Zach Efron with a full head of hair. You know it's going to happen.
    I'm surprised we still haven't seen a new Star Trek show in a while. Being able to reuse a few ship sets over and over, and with a super recognizable brand name like "Star Trek," seems like easy money, at least compared to all of the D-tier superhero shows with similar SFX needs they're desperately hurling out there these days.

• Options
    DaxterMaxDaxterMax Registered User regular

Steam... come on. I'm trying to use your cool new feature, to see if it's better than OBS. Why you do this?

Are you 32 bit or 64 bit?
    The FAQ does say it supports Windows 7 and 8 at the moment with Linux and MacOSX to follow, so unless it's something like 64 bit only or just a bug with the beta.

@Ed Gruberman‌ dropped into my Spelunky game for a little bit.
    I could only partially see your messages but it looked to be something about the quality of the stream.
    I wasn't sure where to see the chat history to read the full message.

Steam | DaxterMax | Youtube
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    OK, I got the Sega bundle at beat the average level, and I'm blaming it on all of you.

That said, I still have the Company of Heroes 2 - The Western Front Armies: Oberkommando West, and Empire: Total War that I have no use for. Any of you monsters want them? :wink:

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    I've taken for granted how nice Steam is with pre-purchase discounts and pre-loading. My PS4 is downloading Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris right now and I got it for 10% off. It's like Sony is paying attention and wants me to give them money!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Ok I'm not entirely sure if @johnnyactionfngr‌ actually donated or not, his post mentions it but doesnt have a proof.
    I'll include him on the list and then figure it out for sure if he wins the roll.
    1. hitbit
    2. maguano
    3. hyphykezzy
    4. mudzgut
    5. firebird
    6. johnnyactionfngr
    7. madican
    8. heirtransparent
    9. ed gruberman
    10. talus9952
    11. willydub

akajaybay on
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Geth roll 1d11 for Good Karma

Ok Firebird it is. I'll make a note of that and it'll be a little extra thing on your stats if you get involved with the next Steam Battle Or someone else if you feel like handing it off. Just let me know if you do.

Good Karma:
    1d11 5 [1d11=5]

akajaybay on
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Steam broadcasting is pretty freaking cool.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    I'm only on page 5, but @mudzgut decided I needed more lynes in my life. Well now I do with Lyne.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular

What kind of performance hit do you take for broadcasting?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I had a brief moment of lag in Alien when Ed started watching but other than that, couldn't really notice anything.

• Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Talus9952 wrote: »

What kind of performance hit do you take for broadcasting?

I've only watched people so far, but seems fine on their end.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Okay, so Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed is the greatest love-letter from Sega to themselves that I've seen since Fighters Megamix. (Which, incidentally, TOTALLY SHOULD BE ON STEAM SEGA ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME.) Good times racing with @EvmaAlsar.

• Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    So how does this broadcast thing work? Can it be enabled/disabled on a game-by-game basis? I love the concept, but I have some applications installed as non-Steam games so I could access them through Big Picture that I'd really rather not broadcast while in use (for example, Firefox).

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular

Sounds like you are one of those odd people with a 32bit edition of Windows 7... Requiring a 64bit OS is totally reasonable.

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    DaxterMaxDaxterMax Registered User regular
    So how does this broadcast thing work? Can it be enabled/disabled on a game-by-game basis? I love the concept, but I have some applications installed as non-Steam games so I could access them through Big Picture that I'd really rather not broadcast while in use (for example, Firefox).

The settings are:
    By invite only
    Friends can request to watch (you have to approve their request)
    Always allow friends to watch
    Allow everyone to view without request
    Then there's an extra option in the broadcast settings tab to allow desktop viewing also (off by default)

Steam | DaxterMax | Youtube
This discussion has been closed.