Options

[nfl] Super Bowl 49: 12 vs 12. No matter who wins, we all lose.

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

The Browns are doing hash now? Shame on you, Manziel.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I don't know why snickers is still running that johnny football commercial. If anything it should be the opposite and he should be Johnny Jamboogie.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Are pats fans using the fact the Seahawks cheat with PEDs as some defense? Cause yeah I hate thier cheating ways almost as much as the pats. This Super Bowl is the nfl version of Sosa McGuire.

Sure they are both great but they are clearly the two dirtiest teams as far as cheating goes.

Best part is Browner was one if the first hawks to be exposed as a cheat and the dominos started falling making it obvious it's a culture thing with Carroll.

And where does browner play now?

But I'm probably going to have to root for a team with a child abuser on it next year so... Ugh. Damn you nfl.

616610-1.png
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Priest wrote: »
    As a Patriots-hater and a Mechanical Engineer who has taken several courses on compressible fluids, this entire situation makes me laugh.

Fine-worthy? Barely.

Noteworthy? Not even.

Evidence is slim, testing is insufficient, sample size is atrocious, and why are there all of these sour grapes everywhere?

While I agree the result of the method can be debated the evidence is pretty straightforward. Over 90% of the balls showed a change. That can't be accounted for with anomaly.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    am0n wrote: »
    Goumindong wrote: »
    Nah, lets be fair the pats dynasty was built entirely on the backs of the Bills, Jets, and Dolphins. The pats have won the NFC East in the past 13 of 16 seasons. And its not because they were particularly good all of those seasons. Its because the NFC East is a dumpster fire aside from them.

Since 2000, the only teams to win the NFC East aside from the pats have been the 2000 11-5 Maimi Dolphins, the 2002 9-7 NY Jets, and the 2008 11-5 Miami Dolphins.

AFC East.

Yes. For some reason it appears my auto correct changed that

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    The only ball that didn't show under inflation I believe was the kicker ball which is the one I don't think the pats have access to, while none of the colts balls did. So it was either the flukiest thing in the entire world, or an intentional change.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    I think it's fairly obvious that a wizard did it

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Alazull wrote: »
    Carpy wrote: »
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Well for me its that the colts posed no chance and yet still the patriots did something that is technically against the rule book. And as proved in the second half it seemingly didn't even help them, so its just "Why cheat when you clearly didn't have to?"

Yes.

As has been said earlier, their cheating should be dealt with in the same way the other incidents this year were dealt with.

Repeat offenders are usually dealt with harsher than first time offenders. The outrage is less about whether the deflation affected the game, and more about the Pats not figuring out how to not cheat.

If this is true, why have the Seahawks not been dealt with more harshly when it comes to their league-leading PED popping?

I guess we need to wonder about their tarnished legacy, and we can only assume the Seahawks are all on steroids at this moment.
    Because those are dealt with on a player by player basis as laid out in the CBA? That's not a team level infraction. Also what's your source on the league leading claim, because most of those come from a 2 year old ESPN article and i'd be really interested to see a more up to date source.

Edit: Also if Goodell hammers NE, which I think he probably will, he's doing it to cover the fact that he's looked massively incompetent this year and that NE had the misfortune to get caught right before a 2 week media void so this story gets to fester.

It doesn't matter if it's a player by player basis. I'm going to hold the extremely goosey opinion that their entire D legacy was built around illegal chemical use because it justifies an irrational hatred for a team that has worked hard for their success.

I understand the REASON it's news, but it's garbage and it was something that the league was criticized heavily for all year.

I have only heard of non-PED charges against the Hawks. Care to post links? Not because I want to argue but also legit curious.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000204830/article/seattle-seahawks-could-be-fined-by-nfl-for-players-ped-use

Do you have a link to an actual story?

Because that nfl.com article, and I'm being charitable calling it an article since it's shorter than the idiotic YOU MAY LIKE links below it, is from May 2013 and provides pretty much zero details because lawl nfl.com

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Well for me its that the colts posed no chance and yet still the patriots did something that is technically against the rule book. And as proved in the second half it seemingly didn't even help them, so its just "Why cheat when you clearly didn't have to?"

Yes.

As has been said earlier, their cheating should be dealt with in the same way the other incidents this year were dealt with.

Repeat offenders are usually dealt with harsher than first time offenders. The outrage is less about whether the deflation affected the game, and more about the Pats not figuring out how to not cheat.

If this is true, why have the Seahawks not been dealt with more harshly when it comes to their league-leading PED popping?

I guess we need to wonder about their tarnished legacy, and we can only assume the Seahawks are all on steroids at this moment.
    Because those are dealt with on a player by player basis as laid out in the CBA? That's not a team level infraction. Also what's your source on the league leading claim, because most of those come from a 2 year old ESPN article and i'd be really interested to see a more up to date source.

Edit: Also if Goodell hammers NE, which I think he probably will, he's doing it to cover the fact that he's looked massively incompetent this year and that NE had the misfortune to get caught right before a 2 week media void so this story gets to fester.

It doesn't matter if it's a player by player basis. I'm going to hold the extremely goosey opinion that their entire D legacy was built around illegal chemical use because it justifies an irrational hatred for a team that has worked hard for their success.

I understand the REASON it's news, but it's garbage and it was something that the league was criticized heavily for all year.

I have only heard of non-PED charges against the Hawks. Care to post links? Not because I want to argue but also legit curious.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000204830/article/seattle-seahawks-could-be-fined-by-nfl-for-players-ped-use

Because that nfl.com article, and I'm being charitable calling it an article since it's shorter than the idiotic YOU MAY LIKE links below it, is from May 2013 and provides pretty much zero details because lawl nfl.com

It's pretty common knowledge. They didn't get the name Seadderal Seahawks for nothin.

• Options
    As I recall that particular bit of dumb, they got that for Browner who is a patriot now, and Sherman who fought and won against his suspension. Most of the "Seaderal" shit I see is from niner fans. But its ok we get it someone else did something once that was against the rules, so that must be what we should talk about instead of the patriots as of last sunday breaking the rules again.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Irvin, Browner, Guy, Moffitt and Barbre are the 5 suspended players referenced in the article

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options

Yes.

It's pretty common knowledge. They didn't get the name Seadderal Seahawks for nothin.

It's actually not that's why I'm asking and I'm guessing why Alazull asked

Seriously I gave no fucks about Seattle a year and a half ago

And honestly I still kinda don't because lol nfl drug policy which is why I'm asking for a link to an actual story about it instead of looking into it myself

If you don't have one handy though no worries

(to be clear I don't care about the "deflated" football crap and have no interest in comparing the two issues)

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Nah, lets be fair the pats dynasty was built entirely on the backs of the Bills, Jets, and Dolphins. The pats have won the NFC East in the past 13 of 16 seasons. And its not because they were particularly good all of those seasons. Its because the NFC East is a dumpster fire aside from them.

Since 2000, the only teams to win the NFC East aside from the pats have been the 2000 11-5 Maimi Dolphins, the 2002 9-7 NY Jets, and the 2008 11-5 Miami Dolphins.

This doesn't prove the Pats are good, just that the Cowboys, Giants, Eagles, and Redskins are that bad. :)

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    The only ball that didn't show under inflation I believe was the kicker ball which is the one I don't think the pats have access to, while none of the colts balls did. So it was either the flukiest thing in the entire world, or an intentional change.

There are 12 kicking balls and they're handled spearately. They would not be in the 12 tested and would be common use between both teams

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    Irvin, Browner, Guy, Moffitt and Barbre are the 5 suspended players referenced in the article
    moffitt has an actual drug/alcohol problem, he was arrested last year with coke and ecstasy on him, so it was probably one of those and non performance enhancing

or maybe he felt the ecstasy would make him want to touch the other team more so he'd be a better lineman?

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    BEAST! wrote: »
    moffitt has an actual drug/alcohol problem, he was arrested last year with coke and ecstasy on him, so it was probably one of those and non performance enhancing

or maybe he felt the ecstasy would make him want to touch the other team more so he'd be a better lineman?

And Barbre didnt play a down for the Hawks. Or didnt after I cant remember.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    am0nam0n Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

This doesn't prove the Pats are good, just that the Cowboys, Giants, Eagles, and Redskins are that bad. :)

Thems be fightin' words!

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular

Yes.

It's actually not that's why I'm asking and I'm guessing why Alazull asked

Seriously I gave no fucks about Seattle a year and a half ago

And honestly I still kinda don't because lol nfl drug policy which is why I'm asking for a link to an actual story about it instead of looking into it myself

If you don't have one handy though no worries

(to be clear I don't care about the "deflated" football crap and have no interest in comparing the two issues)

It usually stems from this article or ones like it: http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=nfcwest&id=100145&src=desktop

Note that it's 2 seasons old at this point and that there's a whole ton of teams that at the time had nearly as many. I've tried to look up more recent numbers but no one that I've found tracks them easily. The Wikipedia list just has substance policy suspensions and doesn't seperate the ped and substance abuse suspensions.

Also I think during the ped policy revamp this year the league got the ability to name what the suspension was for. Or at least the ability to confirm/deny what a player says the suspension was for.

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    whatever nvm

Element Brian on
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    Your coworker sounds like an asshole

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    I'm paraphrasing but this is a nice guy

he just made her seem not nice

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    am0nam0n Registered User regular
    Not to mention that if that detail gets back to her somehow (internet works in mysterious ways! yay internet!) your coworker may have a hard time finding new work.

• Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Saw an article headline that basically said Billy the Hood threw Brady under the bus by putting the deflation target on his back.

It was up there with the ever so accurate headline stating Wilson blamed God Almighty for his INT's.

Journalism is awesome, yo.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    As I recall that particular bit of dumb, they got that for Browner who is a patriot now, and Sherman who fought and won against his suspension. Most of the "Seaderal" shit I see is from niner fans. But its ok we get it someone else did something once that was against the rules, so that must be what we should talk about instead of the patriots as of last sunday breaking the rules again.

I'm more reacting to the dumb coming from ESPN and everywhere else with the proclamation that this is a big fucking deal, when its been known about for years and happened twice this year from teams that also got caught cheating before.

I know Goodell is gonna throw the hammer down because the only time he ever gives a shit is when people notice things happening in the NFL. See: Rice.

• Options
    NFL fining Lynch more. 20k for "moving his cup" ;) and 50k+ for "I'm thankful".

• Options

I'm more reacting to the dumb coming from ESPN and everywhere else with the proclamation that this is a big fucking deal, when its been known about for years and happened twice this year from teams that also got caught cheating before.

I know Goodell is gonna throw the hammer down because the only time he ever gives a shit is when people notice things happening in the NFL. See: Rice.

Oh please, Goodell ain't going to do shit to the pats, you know that, I know that, espn knows that.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »

this league is such bullshit haha

god damn me and my love of sportsball

• Options
    One of the things that i've thought reading various QB's talk about the way they want their footballs prepped is that it seems like essentially an every game type of thing. So the question wouldn't be "why against the colts" but more "is 2 psi really how low he likes it or did someone screw up this game".

• Options

Oh please, Goodell ain't going to do shit to the pats, you know that, I know that, espn knows that.

Goodell is the one who levied the fines during Spygate because he was Johnny on the Spot. He is now in the spotlight again because of the fairly awful year for the NFL when it comes to discipline and integrity. He will impose the largest penalty he can and probably change NFL procedure when all is said and done.

• Options

Didn't he get fined for his cleats as well?

• Options

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

Nah he didn't wear them. He was told he would not be able to play if he wore them.

• Options

I think they threatened him with a fine and not being allowed on the field until he took them off so he didn't wear them.

• Options
    I fucking love the BLR for football. You are the greatest person for posting it.

• Options
    I was just hoping no one else had posted it, I hate being that guy.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    BEAST! wrote: »

Don't they have separate names for that? It's like a "nfl drug and alcohol policy violation"

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options

I think they threatened him with a fine and not being allowed on the field until he took them off so he didn't wear them.

So stupid.

• Options
    Honestly I think shoes and socks as long as they are not dangerous to the athelete should be allowed to be different. At least for a running back, put some personality out there!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular

Priorities.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    hippofant wrote: »

Priorities.

this sounds sarcastic, but I'm pretty sure the NFL takes their billion dollar apparel contracts far more seriously than something like ballghazi that isn't going to have an appreciable impact on their bottom line

ed: responded to wrong person, but the gist stands

Sir Landshark on
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
This discussion has been closed.