Options

[nfl] Super Bowl 49: 12 vs 12. No matter who wins, we all lose.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    Matthews has finally been fined

whats up with the extra $50

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    For the GRITT!!!!!!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Moer like 2.5 because Jacksonville, m i rite gang?

You want to make me care about London, NFL, play a good game there for once. Steelers/Ravens, or Cowboys/Packers, Seahawks/49ers.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular

Standard amounts that increase by a set % every year (pegged to inflation? cap increase? not sure)

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    patriots punishment should be being forced to play a london game

• Options
    Or as the atlanta falcons called it, a madrid game.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    PriestPriest Registered User regular
    So I thought 'London Game' was a reference to it being ass-early in the morning for a game, hence a joke that it's only fit for people across the pond to watch what with time zones and all.

I didn't realize they actually *played* it in London. What's the appeal to British? Between Cricket and real Football, I guess I'm surprised that they can fill a stadium to make it worth flying two NFL teams out there, painting lines, putting up posts, all that shit. Game Tickets must be dirt cheap or something?

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular

I'm a little surprised it's that much. I figured it would be in the 12k range. Does he have multiple player safety fines?

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    If some punishment is levied for this, in my opinion, stupid malinflated footballs thing, then I will be really upset we won't get a George Brett pine tar style reaction.

• Options
    Priest wrote: »
    So I thought 'London Game' was a reference to it being ass-early in the morning for a game, hence a joke that it's only fit for people across the pond to watch what with time zones and all.

I didn't realize they actually *played* it in London. What's the appeal to British? Between Cricket and real Football, I guess I'm surprised that they can fill a stadium to make it worth flying two NFL teams out there, painting lines, putting up posts, all that shit. Game Tickets must be dirt cheap or something?

Attempting to spread the brand, in much the same way NBC keeps trying to show us soccer in the premier league.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Carpy wrote: »
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    NFL fining Lynch more. 20k for "moving his cup" ;) and 50k+ for "I'm thankful".

Didn't he get fined for his cleats as well?

I think they threatened him with a fine and not being allowed on the field until he took them off so he didn't wear them.

So stupid.

I would love it if the entire Seahawks team just came out onto the field with those cleats on at the Super Bowl.

Ten times as much if the league suspended them all and the Pats won by forfeit. The controversy and public tarring and feathering of Goodell would be worth not having that game (as a neutral fan).

• Options
    lazegamerlazegamer The magnanimous cyberspaceRegistered User regular

Nah, tickets are more expensive than a home game in Jacksonville, and they're to sellout crowds.

http://www.ibtimes.com/nfl-london-ticket-sales-32m-revenue-wembley-stadium-sellout-crowds-report-says-1721419
    The average Cowboys home game at AT&T Stadium has drawn an average of 89,536 fans this season. However, the Jaguars played in front of a Wembley Stadium crowd in London that was far bigger than the average crowd at EverBank Field. Jacksonville currently ranks 21st in the league in attendance, with an average of 63,443 fans at its first four home games this season, a figure that amounts to 94 percent of EverBank Field’s 67,297 capacity.

Moreover, the Jaguars’ ticket revenue from the London “home game” would have more than doubled its revenue in Jacksonville. The average ticket to Sunday’s game cost 80 pounds, or $127, while the average ticket to a home game in Jacksonville costs about $58. Thus, a sellout at Wembley Stadium could produce revenue of about $6.7 million more than a sellout at EverBank.

Looks like you can still get tickets to two of the games next year, the Jets/Dolphins games is sold out. http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/nfl

I would download a car.
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    The patriots punishment should be to vacate the 03 and 04 championships
    They can keep 2001

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular

Not really.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Carpy wrote: »

I'm a little surprised it's that much. I figured it would be in the 12k range. Does he have multiple player safety fines?

He got his first one for the late hit on Kaepernick, um, last season I think? So this is probably the standard second offense amount.

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Should have been a suspension. But I'm draconian on these issues.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Well mathews is a dirty fuck, he should be suspended, but since he's so lunch pail and white no chance of that happening.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular

When I was a kid (in the 90's) there was an NFL Europe development league. It did decent for a few years before the NFL pulled the plug with it being too expensive. Goodell sees Europe as the next big development for the NFL and how to grow the league revenue. You have to give them a reason to care about the games, though, and that means putting a real NFL team out there.

Almost everyone outside of NFL Headquarters hates it, though.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Well both Brady and belichick deny doing anything to the balls. I guess that settles THAT whole thing. We can all start moving on

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    IMO, 17 game schedule, and the 17th game is in London. Match up the previous years number one seeds, number two seeds, number X seeds, etc. That gives London 16 games. Or, do 8 in London, 2 in Toronto, 2 in Mexico City, and two anywhere but LA.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    No more games.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Yeah the london thing is really a travel hardship and its stupid. NFL STAWWWP!!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    AspectVoid wrote: »

When I was a kid (in the 90's) there was an NFL Europe development league. It did decent for a few years before the NFL pulled the plug with it being too expensive. Goodell sees Europe as the next big development for the NFL and how to grow the league revenue. You have to give them a reason to care about the games, though, and that means putting a real NFL team out there.

Almost everyone outside of NFL Headquarters hates it, though.

I used to love NFL Europe. Rohan Davey, JT O'Sullivan, who could forget these World Bowl Champion QBs

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Even failed Heisman winner eric crouch got to live his dream in NFL Europe

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

"Your face is a travel hardship!" - NFL

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Can you imagine how shit it would be for there to be a London based team? The travel problems if say, the Seahawks, had to fly out there.

Blech.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    all teams play all games across europe
    problem solved

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Can you imagine how shit it would be for there to be a London based team? The travel problems if say, the Seahawks, had to fly out there.

Blech.

The other teams in their division would be pissed

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    So the owner of the Saints has revised his will and the team is now going to his new wife rather then his daughter and grandkids. The daughter and grandkids are planning to sue.

• Options
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    So the owner of the Saints has revised his will and the team is now going to his new wife rather then his daughter and grandkids. The daughter and grandkids are planning to sue.

Hahaha.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    altidaltid Registered User regular
    Anecdotally, the NFL has been getting more popular over here in the last few years though. Hell, the wembley games outsold a few of the England football team's home games.

And while you guys are sweating out the off season, we have Rugby.

• Options
    MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    Rugby is by far the better sport, but doesn't make for as good TV.

• Options
    r4dr3zr4dr3z Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    NFL needs to overturn the ban on supersonic airplanes flying overhead and invest in Concorde Jets.

r4dr3z on
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Ugh, and I think the Eagles have a London game next season, too.

Damnit, NFL, if I wanted to get up at 6am on a Sunday morning I'd have kids.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    I'm not an NFL player, but I don't think a London game would be terrible if you were guaranteed your Bye week to immediately follow it.

• Options
    Eh its still giving up one true home game and way way out of the way for a team.

Also I can't recall if convicted felons can travel abroad to work like that as I know employees in the WWE can't, so some teams might be without players like the Jets would be without Vick.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    r4dr3zr4dr3z Registered User regular
    Also I can't recall if convicted felons can travel abroad to work like that as I know employees in the WWE can't, so some teams might be without players like the Jets would be without Vick.

Is that a bug or a feature?

• Options
    http://deadspin.com/the-family-dispute-over-ownership-of-the-saints-is-gett-1681194567

Man the letter Benson sent to his family is full of ice cold hate.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    http://deadspin.com/the-family-dispute-over-ownership-of-the-saints-is-gett-1681194567

Man the letter Benson sent to his family is full of ice cold hate.

Regardless of whether it's right or wrong, or if there was actual malfeasance, it always warms my heart to see descendants of rich people kicked to the bricks and told to make it on their own merits from now on.

Seriously, the only thing I've ever inherited was debt.

This discussion has been closed.